Time for another Orthodox thread

pls no kikeolics

What are your thoughts on ecumenism Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MzrVCdtJ1WQ
youtu.be/DbTGqtdPozE
youtube.com/watch?v=oXWgJSpvbic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Israelism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Israelism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Israelism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_Israelism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesleyan_Quadrilateral
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's a small Orthodox church near my house and I've been meaning to go for a while. I was raised in a secular home and it would be my first time attending church by faith alone. Is sunday a good day to go? Is there anything I should know beforehand?

Be prepared to stand a lot and don't get in line for communion.

Can us Proddies and orthodox agree that CuckLicks are retards. Pic related

>pick about communion
>no Catholics aloud

they use unleavened bread
may as well be protties

they all use matzo

"...one Lord, one faith, one baptism..."

Ecumenism is mortally sinful. Only Catholics are Christians. The rest are heretics, schismatics, apostates etc.

Sedevacantist btw

Nice, thanks. How do I go about cleaning my soul after an entire lifetime of sinning and secularism? What is the Orthodox church's stance on confession?

I want to improve my relationship with God but I feel there is too much weighing me down atm.

Just like everything else the Mormons are the only redpilled ones.

Eastern Rite Catholics (Chaldeans, essentially) use leavened bread.

here's the best argument I've heard against protestantism.

Protestantism is based on the idea of Sola Scriptura: if it's not in the bible it's not Christian.

But the idea of Sola Scriptura is not in the bible.

>But the idea of Sola Scriptura is not in the bible.
youtube.com/watch?v=MzrVCdtJ1WQ

Sedevacantists are insane

Can someone explain what the FUCK is happening in OPs image?

>Only Catholics are Christians
So it's confirmed Christianity is the religion of spics and micks exclusively?

Check this shit you might like it.

youtu.be/DbTGqtdPozE

seems like how mac donalds would serve the eucharist

The passages in that video seems to have the exact opposite meaning you intend.

Jesus criticized Jews for blindly following the word of the bible and not its spirit or intent. Shakespeare used this as the basis for his Merchant of Venice.

We're supposed to use our God given intelligence as well as revealed truth to discern good from evil.

Bread and wine. Thought it was a Jell-o cup at first though.

Orthodox are cuck edgelords

>the type of bread mattering this much
Either way, unleavened bread is used at Passover. Therefore it was used at the Last Supper. You're the ones doing it wrong.

hol up
*gentuflucts*
so you is sayin'
*feels guilty for no reason*
yo bread has leaven?

That's messed up.

>says "wine" in every translation
we'll use grapejuice because it didn't really mean wine when it says wine

>Forced and untruthful greentext that desperately wants to be funny by rectally ravaged cucktolics who are the laughter of the entire world
Convenient ly it only mentions the Greek who can't I tomwar but fail to omit the greatest Orthodox country, Russia
Who wrecked both cucktolics and muzzies on a daily
>Wrecked Ottoman empire 5 times
>Wrecked teuton crusaders
>Wrecked Mongol Muslim horde
>Wrecked prussians
>Wrecked Crimean Tatar
>Wrecked Balkan tatars
>Continues to wreck muzzies in syria

Try harder spastic. I've seen this old shit posted in every Orthodox y thread
Everyone who studied history knows Orthodoxy is the original and true form of christiany , practised today just like by the Romans 1700 years ago

your really dumb

The proper size of a Christian church should be between twelve and twenty people, and Communion should consist of sitting down at a large table to pray, eat dinner and discuss both religious and secular matters with the priest acting as the host.

Truth.

Can't beat ottomans.
Lose ALL land to Islam

Get back cucked roachGreece because you're given it graciously by WWI Catholics and Protestants and jews

Slav Land gets BTFOd by Soviet Union

Sola Scriptura is based on historical misapprehension.
If Sola Scriptura is sound doctrine, then why were three centuries of Christians from Christ until Nicaea fundamentally unable to put it into practice?

Him saying "This is my body" was a metaphor, not a simile.

die niggers

"It is within the power of all, therefore, in every Church, who may wish to see the truth, to contemplate clearly the Tradition of the Apostles manifested throughout the whole world; and we are in a position to reckon up those who were by the Apostles instituted Bishops in the Churches, and [to demonstrate] the succession of these men to our own times; those who neither taught nor knew of anything like what these [Gnostic heretics] rave about." - AH, 3, 3, 1

Sola scriptura contradicted by an early christian

Lutheran here, never heard anything other than 'This is my body'
Maybe because I'm LCMS

That's fine.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Israelism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Israelism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Israelism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_Israelism
Nordic Israelism or Norse Israelism is the belief that Scandinavian peoples, or the Nordic countries (Sweden, Denmark, Faroe Islands (part of Denmark), Finland, Iceland, Norway) descend from the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel. Although there is evidence of such a belief from literature during the Early Modern Period, Nordic Israelism as a movement and ideology only emerged in the latter half of the 19th century among several early proponents of British Israelism.

Stop posting retarded shit like the last thread. Word of God over a person

>They use unleavened bread
Coptic Orthodox here.
No.

>I hate history
>but I will hypocritically use it to prove the reliability of the bible eventhough that goes against sola scriptura

You can use shit

the only true Christianity is the Eastern Orthodox Church, everything else is heretic degeneracy. enjoy your women, pedo and gay priests and the pope that says nationalism is bad and islamic refugees good

>American
>Orthodox
Pick one and stop LARPing

Russia lost it's orthodox roots, it's now pretty cucked due to Chechnya.

If communion is not a symbol then testing that wine and wafer for DNA would prove God is real and bring millions into the church.

Let's do it!

Mormon one is spot on.

O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it; that they may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him, and keep his commandments which he hath given them, that they may always have his Spirit to be with them. Amen

of course the fucking byzantines lost to the ottomans, the byzantines were on the border of the strongest empires on the planet for 1000 years, and the walls held for 1000 long years, but they eventually fell. everything does eventually. maybe if the west united against an actual external threat instead of infighting constantly things would be different, but instead faggots like you run around with your shitty attitude making everything worse.

you are arguing with an american. he probably thinks that greece is somewhere in the middle east and that Constantinople is in russia

Mormons are cancer

race mixing nigger

whats orthodox, give me a quick rundown?

>Muh defenses

Faggot the schism happened 1054 AD,
After that you fckers were LOSING AN AWFUL LOT

Your lands are PREDOMINATELY BLACKED

Faggots you LOST IN THE END

You didn't WIN you fucking LOST

You NEVER REGAINED THOSE LANDS

WHILE CATHOLICS GOT BACK SPAIN AND FRANCE

GEE THANKS GREECE

I won't deny this. Your average burger is geographically illiterate

Where can I learn more about Orthodoxy? I might convert

What from Protestantism? So you can explain that you have some tradition while still despising the throne at Rome.
Pretending that you have a proud "intellectual euphoric" tradition but never going past the dark ages?

Because God needs to be Mysterious?
How enlightening.

Fedora

How many conclusions about me did you jump to from the single sentence I wrote?

Lets pretend that you have answers

Whats this
"God is mysterious"

What's that
"God is mysterious"

What about this
"God is mysterious"

Question their answers
"I'm Euphoric that we refuse to change

Meanwhile Thomas Aquinas is writing a 6 million long volume in latin on why Plato was a retard

Probably 6 or 7

lets go to 8

PHILISTINE

The church Jesus Christ founded. The Copts split away in 451 AD over theological disagreements, and the Catholics split away in 1054 when they tried to excommunicate the Patriarch. Everyone else (i.e. protestants) split from the Catholics.

>My Body is ready; eat up.

>tried

You mean succeeded

You assume that they're not GREEK

Go to an Orthodox church and ask the priest any questions you might have after the divine liturgy.

Can I have a quick rundown on the differences between the catholic church and the orthodox church?

>God is mysterious

THERE NO NEED TO ASK

Euphoric now?
About your Mysterious God?

Tell me ONE MORE TIME

The church is supposed to be persecuted.

That's a mystery

It's a schism mystery

I mean who knows

It's not like it has to do WITH ANYTHING about Greeks being disloyal to Rome

It's not like that hasn't happened for 2500 years

redpill me on the Latvian Orthodox Church

>
Cuck

Gonna throw yourself at some kikes in hopes that itll justify you?

No need

You're already dead

>MYSTERY

>General Priesthood meeting at 6:30am
>Sacrament meeting at 9am
>work at 12:30-8:30

Pray for me anons...
>tfw sleepy

Let this be a lesson Philistines

Can't be friends

Then were enemies.
I'm sick of you shitting all over catholics

You act like screaming 'mystery' and 'cuck' justifies your church's doctrines.

Faggot do you really think flicking some water on a gun makes up for a thousand years of LOSING

>Everything about is a godamned mystery
>we are inspired by God

Choose one

>don't get in line for communion
Why?

You are not allowed to take communion unless you are baptised.

What if you were baptized but not through the Orthodox church?

The church does not recognize other baptisms as a valid sacrament. You have to be baptized again.

>You have to be baptized again.
Yeah, no thanks. Haven't been to church in 10 years anyways.

You can still go and see. Communion really isn't the 'main event' of the liturgy anyways.

Edge

Sola Scriptura is one part of the Protestant faith. Just like how Catholics have sacred tradition, Protestants have tradition as well. That's why Lutheranism, Calvinism, Anglicanism, Presbyterian, Baptist etc. etc. recognize almost all the early Christian councils. Many of these churches still recite the Nicean creed.

Protestants and Catholics actually agree on most large issues these days. The big things that actually separate them are: Papacy, Mary worship, transubstantiation and saintly intercession. As far as works vs faith both churches are essentially in agreement (semantics still divide us, but intelligent Christians get over that). Catholic church has essentially adopted sola scriptura since all their canonical rules are backed by scripture in some way although they usually misconstrued scripture.

For High Anglicans/High Lutherans its only papal authority, Mary and role of saints.

Why do the others complicate it? It's clearly suppose to be a remembrance thing, no matter the interpretation. Why add in transubstantiation and shit like that.

I think you have a very warped interpretation of what the Orthodox church is. We don't think "everything is a mystery", we just accept that God is infinite and therefore there are things we can't know about Him. We can be inspired by God(I.e. have pieces of the puzzle revealed to us) without knowing every last thing about the Lord.

I've been to about a dozen different types of Christian churches but never an Orthodox one. My Dad was raised a Catholic, went to Catholic school for a long time, but by the time I was born, he had stopped going. Is there any singing of worship music in a Orthodox church?

Anglicans are nice enough in my general experience. I went to Christ Church once at you guys did a nice job, much nicer than a LOT of protesants.

HOWEVER

Lutherans and Calvinists deny free will. Theyre all assholes

>ITS NO A MEME REALLY

What is a good collective name for Christian denominations that bases its denominations' authority on apostolic succession and authority rather than sola scriptura?

interestingly Paul's letter to the Corinthians says "in remembrance" but the Gospels have Jesus just saying "this is my body, this is my blood"...except Luke, which has the line "do this as often as you drink it in remembrance of me"
so it's an interesting thing to think about from a mysticism perspective

Although CS Lewis was a bit of an ass about Roman Catholics at times. He was really hard on Tolkein about it. Apparently it was a meme in his hometown.

>Lutherans and Calvinists deny free will.

Completely depends on the church these days. You can find presby calvinists that believe strongly in free will all over north America. Many in the Lutheran Missouri Synod also preach free will. Again, the only churches that actually have a solidly defined set of rules are: Anglicanism, Catholicism, Orthodox and the Alexandrian Coptic Church. The prot denominations are church by church basis now, for the most part.

There's a lot of singing at least at my Church (but there's no mandate to sing along like in protestant churches; the choir does the heavy lifting).

catholic?

I usually just call them the "apostolic churches".

I have no idea where you get your information.

Their "catechisms" still state that they deny free will. Go and find it.

Calvinism and Lutheranism are becoming more popular in the deep south these days and it's been noted among many Baptists worryingly that many Baptists are really Calvinists, meaning fatalists these days.

it's a serious issue down there

I've literally meant hundreds of calvinists.
I've read Martin Luther's shit
I've read John Calvin's

I've talked to current men who are pastors in these denominations

>Their "catechisms" still state that they deny free will. Go and find it.

Yes I'm aware of that. My information is anecdotal, however I'm a very active protestant and this comes from my interactions with all types of churches and pastors near me. (I'm in NH).

Trust me, I've been very surprised by this. One of my best friends is the son of a presby calvinist pastor. His father and his church preaches free will. Same goes with another friend of mine who attends a Missouri synod Lutheran church. Perhaps is a north east thing but a lot of these traditionally anti-free will churches are now arguing for it where I am. Maybe its just my region?

Google that and see if it gets you anywhere.

Im serious

When someone says they're a Calvinist or a Lutheran,

The vast Majority of the time you are going to get an afirmation that they deny free will.

Oh btw
Since i've studied all this stuff
Ill tell you right now.

It's bullshit. John Calvin and Martin Luther have a very poor justification for many passages in the bible.

it's a load of shit and even in his youth Martin Luther was an ASSHOLE

I talked to these people and studied it because I wanted to fight it. It was a fuckign cancer on society.

You are a very bizarre exception then

Most Lutherans and Calvinists know that they are fatalists

You are an exception

Get the hell out of that church and stop telling peopel you are a Calvinist

I've spent my life trying to fight those fuckers and I wont have it all go to waste because some idiot on Sup Forums decided to give people falst informatin out of foolish arrogance

NO offence dude

But 90% you people are jsut shills on here if you deny that Calvinists are fatalists.
Because they are

It's nothing personal

I'm not a Lutheran or a Calvinist, just a non-denom christian. I happen to like visiting all different types of denominations and learning about their views. My opinion on free will is not accepted by any Church desu.

the answer is simple! Wesleyan Quadrilateral!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesleyan_Quadrilateral

>you visit

Then you lack insight and authority on this issue. Unless you really really know waht the hell is goI've been fighting it and you really have no idea how edgey they are.
They're triple fedoras

I've been wading up shit creek, I'm not asking for praise but you need to understand that you're wrong. You're one church may just may be the exceptio sure.

But they shouls stop calling themselves Calvinists because it is deceptive