Can a country still be colonized by a country? legally as i'm surprised that doesn't happen anymore

Can a country still be colonized by a country? legally as i'm surprised that doesn't happen anymore.

Kiev.

By definition you colonise land because it isn't a country yet.

So no.

Daily reminder that Chinese are making their own islands.

In the states we call it muslim immigration.

Straightforwardly or directly, no, not really.
Indirectly, primarily through economic means, absolutely, it happens all the time. The US has basically done this to much of the world and China has started doing it to parts of Africa and is looking to expand it to places like Pakistan.

Israel? No?

what do you think the muslims are doing to europe?

crimea

There is no need nowadays to militarily colonize a country, since you can do it economically.
That's one of the main reasons why central banks and fiat money were initially created for.

There's probably some shitty UN laws against conquering and colonisation but if a big enough army showed up they'd be rather useless.

There is, After WW1 wars of conquest were outlawed.

>colonized

well, America recently did this to Ukraine.

What a shitty timeline we're in.

You technically could but there's no more unclaimed land on Earth.

>egally as i'm surprised that doesn't happen anymore.

Is this bait ?
What is Europe and North America ?

Israel is quite successfully colonising the West Bank

Why colonize a land when you can just pay the elites there to enslave the locals for you? This is basically what the IMF does with "loans". The elites steal 99% of the loans and the peasants have to pay it back to the (((bankers))) with crushing interest, forever.

Any country that privatizes it's industries and cancels it's debts gets embargoed, sanctioned, blacklisted, and cut off from the global financial system. Any country that taxes the (((foreign companies))) too much and gives the money to the citizens gets the same.

All without a single army, gun, or shot fired.

Why is that even fucking allowed? Is it because any revolution would be met with the american world police force?

You colonise it by mass immigration and starting families with their women, outnumbering the original birthrate by 3 to 1

See Chinese colonization of Africa, and the current Islamic colonization of various European countries.