ISIS trolled

right in the middle of their caliphate.
this is embarrassing.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedgehog_defence
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it just me, or is ISIS gaining territory from a month ago?

>he just noticed Deir Ez-Zor
The Druse Beast is dissapointed in you user.

they added teritory isis might control, instead of major highways and supply lines.

>he just noticed Deir Ez-Zor
no, it's just that they couldn't wipe it off the map for some reason in the last 5 years.
this is getting embarrassing.

>for some reason
The Druse Beast isn't just "some reason" user.

how do they manage to get proper supplies?

Hold the airfield

Russians paradrop in supplies

Syrian army helicopters periodically airlift out wounded and replenish numbers

for what reason though? what do they gain by holding on to it?
it bleeds them money, weapons, food, manpower that could be used in idlib or some other place.

I can't wait till they make a 300 type film about holding Deir ez-Zor

Deir Ez-Zor holds up large amounts of ISIS manpower.
And with Issam there, it won't fall anytime soon so it acts as a good meat grinder.
Also, propaganda value.

i don't know man. retreating those forces back to regime held areas then attacking on multiple fronts somewhere else makes more sense to me. that thing is a logistical nightmare.
isis just passed them and went on attacking somewhere else. as the map shows, lol. if i were isis i would bomb the shit out of it. they have enough weapons do to that.

Damn, it's like the black gate irl except there won't be a deus ex machina.

It bleeds insane amount of ISIS manpower and material

Also the original troops were besieged there by generic rebels before the ISIS surge wiped them out.

Its kinda like Stalingrad propaganda wise for the regime.

Its a source of immense morale boost and pride that those troops have held on for so long.

Also prevented ISIS from consolidating total control and ease of operations in central Syria and Palmayra

The Government can't make proper assaults on ISIS from their border since it is all desert. They move slowly with few numbers (see the expansion of the buffer zone around Palmyra and East Homs).
And they don't really need the manpower from Deir Ez-Zor.
ISIS on the other hand, needs manpower.
And Deir Ez-Zor bleeds it like crazy.

-Morale boost
-Having a stronghold behind enemy lines is always a hindrance
-could provide a beachhead for future operations

But they didn't ''just pass them'', they have to move many miles to find bridges which they can safely use.

Also there is a shitload of tanks, anti air armaments, heavy weapons.

You can't airlift that stuff out, so why pull out infantry and leave ISIS to plunder some serious stores of weaponary?

In addition to what others said, DZ also controls nearby gasfields.

It's a strongpoint in negotiations when the country is split up, too.

It's basically a victory point in strategy game terms

Learn to basic strategy: Eastern Syria is 99% worthless desert. ISIS can pound sand all they want, it won't get them anything in the long run.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedgehog_defence

Every kebab they have to spend on keeping DEZ under siege is one less kebab to stall the YPG/IAF/SAA offensives.

> if i were isis i would bomb the shit out of it.
Gee, I wonder why they never thought of that before!

Reminder that ISIS is american

doubt those trapped there can mount an offensive against isis if isis leaves most of its troops there and goes on attacking somewhere else.

>-Morale boost
if the guy dies then their morale goes down. i think it would be better for their morale if he was deployed on other battlefronts.
like the ukrainian so called cyborgs in the airport battle of donetsk.

>Eastern Syria is 99% worthless desert
isn't that where all the gas and oil are?

Red pill me on the Druse Beast user

ISIS is ISRAEL bro

If they're american why dont they live in america

Looks like iceland

His name is Issam Zahreddine, Major General of the Republican Guard and now commander of the SAA garrisson in Deir Ez-Zor.
He has proven himself to be actually competent (a rare trait in the civil war), and he has held Deir Ez-Zor for nearly 3 years now against relentless assaults from ISIS.
He is of the Druze ethnicity, hence the nickname.

Druze are based.
On of the few leftovers of what Islam could have mutated into if it werent so prone for redurkafication due to the reliance on the holyness of the book.

>CIA/Mossad
>able to control anything beside desert and unimportant roads
pick one.
Daesh is just a scapegoat to make sheeple forget about the "moderate" rebels

This, they apologized to Israel after attacking them recently

Yes, but they've long since been made nonoperational. ISIS has no industrial capacity, and no way to repair damaged oil fields/refineries.