Have boomers really had it easier than any generation prior or subsequent to them? Or is it a meme?

Have boomers really had it easier than any generation prior or subsequent to them? Or is it a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/realspin/2014/01/17/you-think-the-deficit-is-bad-federal-unfunded-liabilities-exceed-127-trillion/#655b4b609bf8
youtu.be/bX3EZCVj2XA
youtu.be/dlg4BTziS2U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes. they coasted on the work of their parents and the future of their children.

Millennials are lazy.

It's unbelievable that a generation would feel entitled to a job right after college.

They had the easiest start of any generation before them and then sucked up everything then made everything harder for their kids and grandkids.
The boomers need to die

boomers felt entitled to a job after 8th grade

dunno if they had it easier but they're holding the current job market at chokehold and import immigrants

Fuck you cunt I work every day. And so do all my friends.

boomers are the og entitlement generation and we can't truly make any country great again until every single boomer is dead

Yeah cause every boomer owns a mcmansion with an expensive car right?

no they own a house and two cars though while my generation has next to no hope of that

Maybe if your generation worked instead of taking out a 100k student loan you wouldn't be broke.

Maybe if your generation didn't job hop ever 6 weeks you would have some money.

Maybe if your generation invested in stocks instead of getting drunk every night and buying $6 coffee in the morning you wouldn't be broke.

fuck off

you and your generation destroyed america

blow your fucking brains out

There's literally nothing wrong with anything said in this post.

Your generation is filled with neocons, millenials and gen z are filled with energetic nationalists who care about their own countries. Might as well kill yourself so we can actually started fixing things that your generation ruined.

its just a bunch of strawman arguments, retard

I worked the only job i could for 3 years and my health failed me because i was raised on a shit diet antibiotics and amphetamines for not giving 100% effort in school

I beg to differ.

>still investing in stocks

Yup. This is definitely an old person.

You have a better return of investing in bitcoin.

lol you fucking disloyal piece of shit millenial

serves you right for being lazy

I bet you supported dubya, mccain, and romney you fucking retard

you probably thought that ron paul was a crazy extremist

fuck you

Sums it up.
It was purely situational.

They have had it easier than any other generation.

My dad got both jobs by just strolling into a construction site and asking the foreman "hey, got a job for me, mate?".
After finishing his degree (which was FREE) he entered a job market which had practically full employment.
He bought his first house shortly afterwards at a price which, proportional to his yearly income, was a fraction of the price for a similar property today.
As a government employee initially, he had access to the phenomenal commonwealth superannuation scheme which furnished him recently when he retired with over 150k and a $700 a week pension for the rest of his life... although he was only in the public service for a few years.
He had chronic health problems for decades which kept him out of the workforce but the very easy to get on disability payment he was on was actually a liveable amount back then compared to the absolute pittance someone like him would be on now.

Yeah, I'd say he had it pretty easy.

Are you retarded? I'm a millennial and I own a house in Florida, I'm paying for a place here in Commiefornia, and have two cars. All while putting 15% of my pay into my retirement. What the fuck do you spend your money on?

I have worked for 10 years having never attended post-secondary and I am only now making 50k. I do live in a house owned by the bank who I pay rent to, however. I don't own a car or drink.

Prospects are slim out here unless you want to be a rig monkey, and even that has dried up actually since more clean oil reserves have been tapped elsewhere internationally.

Many millennials get into massive student loan debt for useless qualifications. Almost every source of information tells them to do that, though, so it's not surprising.

Many switch job way too quickly. I only have experience in unskilled work, but if you stick around for a few years, you can get a management position with some effort. If you change every year this can't happen.

Many waste £100 on alcohol every week and buy massively overpriced preprepared food and drink that adds up to a huge amount over time. Many consider themselves poor merely because they don't have huge amounts of spending money after paying for their high tier phone and contract, fashionable clothes, social events, electronic entertainment, holidays, etc.

A lot of university students will waste a £3000 loan in a week, then complain they're poor. It's unbelievable how poor they are at money management.

every time a boomer tells you that you're lazy, remember that social security literally has hundreds of trillions of unfunded liabilites

forbes.com/sites/realspin/2014/01/17/you-think-the-deficit-is-bad-federal-unfunded-liabilities-exceed-127-trillion/#655b4b609bf8

Dropping truth bombs on these entitled fucks like they are Japan in '45.

I'm a millennial and something I call proper financial planning helped me not have problems.

Anyone who questions that boomers struggled too, didn't live through that time. People just spend their money differently now. The middle class acts wealthy now. People must have a nice big home, two cars, every modern convenience, expensive vacations, eating out often, gourmet and organic food, etc....

Life was not idealic in the fifties, sixties, seventies, eighties, or any other decade. That's a myth.

The boomers had war with a draft, equality issues far worse than today for both race and gender, lived on cash and not credit, and made do with what they had. Interest rates wet sky high in the seventies and inflation was a huge deal. Entire industries went belly up and pay was much less. People paid much more of their salary towards housing and food, and most people only had one car even if both spouses worked. It was a luxury for rich people, to have more than one car.

Things were hard then, and they are hard now. That's life. It's difficult, and every person if they live long enough will have times of boom and bust.

It's all true. Those numbers don't lie. I did all this shit.

>Learned a trade instead of following the herd to an expensive college for a degree in "whatever bro it's about the experience". Began my career at 22.

>Once I had decent money coming in, I went back to school in my spare time. Paid out of pocket.

>27, homeowner, $90k salary, work 10-12 days a month, love my job.

>Many millennials get into massive student loan debt for useless qualifications
Do you really think most of the people here belong to that group?

>Almost every source of information tells them to do that
Yeah, thanks to boomers.

You people deserve no pensions for robbing the country, paying for your extravagant lifestyels running up the public debt

hahah yeah 8 year old kids who dont want to do mindless math problems years below their grade level just because the black kids still dont get it, we deserved to be drugged out of our minds for not wasting our time on menial mindless shit

man swedish people are fucking stupid

Which generation voted for mass immigration?

Boomers did!

Which generation wanted 60%?

Boomers did!

Which generation destroyed religion?

Boomers did!

Getting a certificate or license will most likely land you a well paying job than getting a college degree.

Good on you.

This. I've never had a job I didn't make it to management within a year of employment.

If you drink at home 100 bucks is 4 bottles of liquor versus one at a bar.

Stop status whoring and start acting like a traditional man, you'll stand out to the girls who are sick of numales and hipsters.

Spend time.exploring the outdoors and getting into nature and you'll have unique experiences, you'll actually be an adventurer, and a lot of that stuff is free or the cost of a national park pass.

Yeah!

None of this applies to Sweden as its mostly young people who are in favor of refugees and diversity in Sweden.

>what is sarcasm

Liberals, Liberalism is what you want to look to for the cause. "Baby boomers" are just an easy diversion because they were so invested with Liberalism through the soviet ideological subversion in the 1960s as described by Yuri Bezmenov, the defected KGB propagandist.

Here's a 15 min clip from an interview youtu.be/bX3EZCVj2XA

But if you want to learn about the real level of infestation and reckendes the society infested the west with listen to this rather long lecture he gave in 1983

youtu.be/dlg4BTziS2U

In case you didn't notice, the boomers are the ones who started the plague of degeneracy in the West. Inb4newfags, tel Aviv suffers from it just as bad as Europe does.

this desu, when you meet most boomers they have they display this irreversable type of ignorance and entitledness, even worse than millenials which is a close secondbut at least now they're waking up to the liberal kikery the boomers started.

Literally kill yourself you dumb fucking retard. Our politicians decided that Sweden was to become multicultural country in 1975 and we have had mass immigration ever since. KILL YOURSELF

old swedes are the ones who will vote for the social democrats no fucking matter what even when they ruined their pension systems

those stupid fuckers deserve it, fuck all boomers, they ruined my country

>Do you really think most of the people here belong to that group?

I certainly am. Just because it's `STEM' doesn't mean it's useful.

>You people deserve no pensions for robbing the country, paying for your extravagant lifestyels running up the public debt

I am a millennial, and it's time to become self-sufficient. We need to save for our old age, rather than expecting the state to support us.

The biggest thing I take away from this is that the "Gen Z is so redpilled" meme needs to die.

Also all the faggots on here who try to argue that they are part of Gen Z even though it doesn't start until the year 2000.

"Hey everyone Gen Z here born in 1996 so obviously I am latching onto a misconception of Gen Z as the fourth reich and trying to apply it myself. Gas those millenials amirite guys?

blew it all on stupid shit to try to keep myself from going insane because my parents and everyone else ive ever known expected me to move out immediately and throw money at a landlord, which i failed miserably at that even because my friend was a fucking piece of shit who stabbed me in the back and was doing all these fucking sketchy drug schemes and refused to do anything around the house and then threatened to fight me, then my health failed me, i blew the last of it on the few fucking foods i can even manage to still digest, but even if i saved all that it wasnt enough money to buy a house outside of a fucking ghetto

and now my shoulder is fucking broken for no reason for the past year or two and my fucking doctor lost the fucking xray after prescribign drugs my parents werent willing to help pay for so i have to wait longer for a second opinion

You have to remember, who raised millenials? They didn't just randomly become what they are. Oh yeah that was boomers who raised them. Oops, very ageistic of me!

Boomers and generations before had to be a couple standard deviations smarter to work out that their media were lying to them and their culture and politics were largely created by social engineers to serve an agenda.

You sound like a faggot who makes terrible choices then cries about it.

>I am a millennial, and it's time to become self-sufficient. We need to save for our old age, rather than expecting the state to support us.
I agree, and I dont want to pay a single cent in taxes for the pensions of some arrogant fucking boomer

also turns out i have a autoimmune disease that causes schizophrenia and bipolar

go figure

Was Yuri surprised that the USSR dissolved 5 years after this interview and the country just keep getting more and more liberal until he died? Wasn't liberalism essentially what guaranteed him a decent quality of life in his new home in Canada?

Yes but turning to inter-generational division is not good and to have a virtuous society we must strive to virtue.

>worked a full time job and a weekend job to get through college
>college took 6 years to do because of that
>graduated debt free
>now have a high paying job
>starting pay, adjusted for inflation, is same a boomer would have made as a high school drop out

But yeah, we're lazy and entitled.

you obviously deserved that

now enjoy paying taxes on fucking everything while getting no help from the government, meanwhile some lazy mainstreamedia watching useless boomerfuck gets all the pension money he needs

You sound like a constant whiner who makes shit up to get out of fulfilling his own expectations and responsibilities. "Manage to still digest"? What are you, 80? Get a job already; shoulders don't break themselves.

Boomers literally own like three properties each and rent them out to younger people, they also hold onto jobs way past 65.

Younger people are fucked, i cant wait for all these fucking cunts to die.

yeah fuck me for believing what my friend of 10 years said, and that he wouldnt just step on me in every way imaginable and come crawling back to me saying sorry years later

Stop feeling entitled to more.

Literally kill yourself.

This.

>muh parents
>muh landlord
>muh backstabbing friend
>muh health
>muh doctor
>muh self-diagnosed mental issues

You sound exactly like every loser. Get ahold of yourself.

is this really a surprise when they are brainwashed at the kindergarden and schools? who let this happen?

I'd rather just kill you desu senpai

>you're just lazy™

i had a job and i developed chronic food allergies and got an xray and the doctor said a chunk of fucking bone was missing in my fucking left shoulder

it happened gradually while working and then they laid me and everyone else in my field off for a reason that has nothing to do with our performance at all

You should stop feeling entitled to fucking anything you boomer piece of shit. You should not feel entitled to penions, healthcare, respect, or even your children visiting you in your rotting old peoples home

I'd kill you first you fuckign bitch

This.
12% mortgages, bland food, no foreign travel (or limited), rusty unreliable cars, far far far less stuff - one TV per house, one radio, one house phone, which was expensive to use, honestly my parents were comfortable and we never had half as much stuff as I do now.
Priorities are wrong now, housing is too expensive, food is way cheaper.

It's not harder or easier now, just different. And I guess there are more choices now, which is sometimes a good thing and sometimes bad.

Where do you get that I'm entitled? I'm simply stating that boomers had it easy as fuck, but like to criticize Millennials and Gen X for not working 3 jobs to pay for their retirement. I'm happy with what I got, but that doesn't change the fact that you, and your generation, are scum fucks for fucking up our future just to have a slightly higher standard of living.

Unironically kill yourself.

You probably just need probiotics.

well me and my sister have chronic food allergies, she could be hospitalized and put on a feeding tube eventually

Now post the graph demonstrating wildly accelerating nationwide production increases in relation to wage stagnation.

I think boomers had a harder life but less lures to be underperforming leech.

>live in a culture where its acceptable to have a housewife cook all your meals
>complain about "bland food"

whatever you say grandpa

been taking them for years

but yeah i eat fermented foods all the time too and it seems to help but i dont have any fucking money for food and can barely sleep anymore because of so much fucking pain mentally and physically

doctor wants me on zoloft, im going to start taking it because at this rate i might as well be dead soon anyway if nothing changes

So what? What's your point? Food allergies oh no. Stop making pathetic excuses and blaming everyone around you.

Your Mommy's name was Proper? That's crazy!

yeah that goy just need to take some propbiotic pills that will fix anything *goes into doctors office to get the third hip replacement this month" thanks for paying millenials!!

Read "We Want to Live" by Aajonus vonderplanitz

>What is tone of writing

Look I know autism limits your interpretation of emotions, but people need some kind of hint when sarcasm is in a written form. We can't hear your fucking emphasis on words.

It's "so" hard though isn't it?

my shoulder is broken from work, stress and malnutrition is my point

but no its all my fault i just need to work with excruciating pain that makes my arm collapse under its own weight

>Have boomers really had it easier

Yes, yes they have. Post-war boom, cheaper everything. Less requirements on their existence. Got jobs and had careers before automation came along.

All 100% easier.

Terrorism
Environment
STDs
Mental Health

None of this shit played any part of their lives. FUCK BOOMERS.

>(((Priorities)))

You can't keep people debt-enslaved with food.

>literally cannot afford the food he needs

YOU FUCKING LAZY PIECE OF SHIT MILLENIAL KID WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?? WHY ARE YOU SO ENTITLED YOU THINK YOU DERSEVE TO HAVE FOOD! FUCKING LAZY POS START PAYING FOR MY DOUBLE PENSIONS

>what are ID's

time to go back to plebbit grandpa

No way was life easier in the 60s-70s. Technology and living standards have improved by leaps and bounds. Society is generally getting less violent as well because of improving mental health treatment and less poverty (notice how there's no serial killers anymore).

I don't think anyone would trade today's world for the world of 1971.

Yes.

I even hate my mother because of this ignorant-selfishness.

They want a just world, but have no notion of the real world concequences of actions outside of their bubbles in todays world.

Can't teach old dogs new tricks.

The current object of the occultists who own our government is to create divides in our society by whatever means necessary. Speaking about "generations" is a very good way to do so. If you pit people who are supposed to love and support each other, against each other, in a fight of "le you don't work as hard as me meme XDDDDDDDDD" you can easily tear a nation apart, because a nation is its family.

While my grandpa worked an unskilled factory job and supported a wife and 5 kids, my father and mother have to work a job to support 2. You can see, you are as free as your purchasing power.

Not anymore.

>didn't need to go to college for a good job
>jobs plentiful
>wages were higher
>more and better benefits

But us kids have iPhones now so it's way better now! HUURR DUUR

>Complaining about Millennials
Boomer confirmed.

>improving mental health treatment
mental health is literally getting worse and worse, but this goes to show what a little perfect fucking bubble you boomers live in

Do you have any idea how much smaller the selection in a typical 1960s grocery store was, m8? You also seem to think every housewife was an outstanding cook when most people who aren't professional chefs are just average to mediocre.

If your shoulder is truly broken, go get it fixed and get on a payment plan with the doctor.

If you were really so malnourished that your bones were breaking, you'd be in an ICU. Take some vitamins and stop being a faggot.

>but no its all my fault i just need to work with excruciating pain that makes my arm collapse under its own weight

You have the infuriating tone of whining, denial and melodrama. You need to cut that shit out. Grow up. Or keep sitting there blaming outside factors and bellyaching. Seems to be working for you so far.

he's obviously a frustrated millenial meming.

No market saturation back them and the technology revolution and globalisation was starting going into overdrive. You'd have to be a retard not to make a successful buisness venture back then.

Now we have market saturation and a LOT more people competing for the same shit.

I didn't think of that. You probably didn't have two parents who could teach you about money, budgeting, and planning for the future like mine did.

Don't worry, you'll find your dad someday Jamal Jr.

Pretty much, from the stories I've heard white boomers had more privilege than their predecessors and gen Xer's

Although this privilege still remains it's taken a hit as of late. Millennials don't have as much as they did, you saw this with Occupy Wallstreet, this was really a protest regarding this decline. A boisterous temper tantrum against the establishment (boomers)

A while back there was an airline pilot user who was so blissfully 'dismissive' about the whole thing. He talked about how easy it was to be anything you wanted, the airlines would go around high school campuses recruiting pilots offering to put them through college and training at no cost. All you had to do was have moderate grades and have the right pigmentation

This dude was immune to any subtle remarks about how things were nowadays, he was completely oblivious. It's almost like he was on cloud 9 and nobody could snap him out of it

>Do you have any idea how much smaller the selection in a typical 1960s grocery store was, m8?
Are you fucking retarded? Do you really think all these garbage processed foods laden with all kinds of poisons is an improvement? Let alone taste good? The only reason some of them taste good is because they are full of toxic taste enhancers that also destroy your health.

Boomers are fucking delusional.

(((Boomers))))