Who was the absolute standard of evil and the universal scapegoat before Hitler...

Who was the absolute standard of evil and the universal scapegoat before Hitler? To whom did the (((media))) comare unpopular politicians before the 1930's? Was it pic related?

British Empire until they let (((them))) run their finances.

IIRC it was Napoleon and Pharaoh

Ghengis Khan

Pharoah? Who is that?

>evil
>hitler
pick one

martin luther was the original europe destroyer

>WE

Actually, for a while there i've heard it really was Napoleon.
>steamrolled most of Europe by implementing novel ideas at the tactical, operational, and strategic levels
>lost because of hubris
>rest of Europe felt "liberated" from Napoléon once his armies were defeated
Although I doubt that, decades later, people in Germany/ the Netherlands and shit were being called "crypto French" or anything like that.

Russia

before the 1930s it would be bismark of course. before him. maybe napolean before him but certainly not in the USA we were francophiles back then

The EU still celebrate Waterloo

Not Napoopan that's for sure, or maybe in England, Spain and Russia if even there. Contrary to Hitler, Napoopan wasn't reviled by the French population after the war and certainly not to the same extent as Hitler was. Remember most of Europe after all still works around French ideals and laws brought by Napoleon and many countries bear napoleonic street names and even monuments to the man.

Portraying Napoleon as a bad guy has only become a recent trend in France, which is actually being reversed (when I was in high school we were being taught Napoleon was a bloodthirsty warmonger, by now my school is teaching a more balanced and truthful perspective from what I've heard).

>Reading
>Comprehension.

Pick one.

He's a damn hero. Sold us the Louisiana purchase too!

You never read Exodus?

Wrong, after the Restauration the monarchy tried its best to kill any form of love for Napoleon, calling him "usurpator", "corsican ogre", "Buonaparte" and jailing anyone they thought to be sympathizer of the Emperor. Even though some still remembered him dearly, most people hated him because of the royal propaganda

Only the 200th anniversary and that was Belgium. France blocked belgium coint minting related to the battle and it wasn't presented as a Tyrant's defeat or anything. Even Jean-Christophe Napoleon attended and spoke.
The end of the Napoleonic war are an historical even and should be remembered, even if the good guys lost.

The pre-WW2 age would have been a lot more theological.

So likely the Devil, King Herod, Ramesses II

The monarchy tried for sure, didn't really manage though did it. The Republic arguably did a better job at that after the fall of the Second Empire.

No they didn't, I was just saying shitting on him was not that recent of a trend

When I say they didn't, I mean the monarchy of course