Bering Strait tunnel fucking when

Bering Strait tunnel fucking when
Think of all the political goodwill we could build with Russia and China by having such a direct route with them, not to mention the entire rest of Europe and Asia
Call it a World Tunnel and get everyone else to pay for it too
Even the stupid libshits can't stop it because before they were all "durr instead of walls build bridges hurr" and now FUCK YOU IT'S A BRIDGE

Yuri pls go

Because it doesn't benefit Russia at all. They barely have any people there. It would probably benefit Japan more.

there isn't much desired traffic for the Bering Strait. Alaska is populated but far eastern Siberia is empty. it's easier to make the voyage by sea in a cargo ship since US and Russia have ice-free ports on the coastline

Why would anyone spend money building a tunnel between 2 empty frozen wastelands

I love RIDF

Because both countries are known for (((electing))) idiots as leaders

Your not wrong there m8

i would love this to happen but theres just fuck all in east siberia and by the time you get to civilization of some sort of use or profit not some shitty hut camp it would of been far easier just flying or sailing there

In the next 20 years global warming will scorch the equator and make this area a temperate paradise.

MOVE TO ALASKA while its still cheap.
Bering Strait is going to be the new Panama Canal

Because you would be building across two of the most active tectonic plates. Ones that shift a good amount each year. Ones that will destroy and flood your tunnel.

This, normally that entire region is a frozen wasteland with subzero temperatures and blizzards and high winds. We need global warming to warm this area up.

An underground tunnel dedicated to highspeed rail and highways would be awesome though. Global warming could see this area start to become more populated with big cities. While Europe gets BLACKED many white refugees may start to settle in warm Siberia

>tfw talk to too many Russian qts online who are probably fake scammers because I'm trying to fill the empty void in my life from lack of social interaction and now my written English comes off as a second language

I dont know this feel

that's a good map but it looks like it assumes drastic ice cap degradation. many new ice-breaker ships would be needed for open commercial circumpolar navigation routes. However, the option appears possible if it gains multinational support.
US, Russia, but also Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Denmark, and the UK

*canada not included because we control them

shifting faults would collapse it

>redditshits think the trains would just stop in siberia and not go to the rest of asia

very feeling this familiar))))

shut the fuck up hat, nobody asked you
eerily accurate, dude

>a hugely expensive tunnel between two barely populated areas.

Yeah, great plan...