Is this what life in ancap would actually be like?

Is this what life in ancap would actually be like?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes and it's Beautiful

EVE is the most Sup Forums game.

>implying ancaps could ever develop a space-fairing civilization
In principle, yes

did this happen?

How can it be the most Sup Forums without anime?

No idea.

lol burn jita

Maybe it is referencing the Jita raids

is this related to Burn Jita or something else entirely? i quit playing a while ago.

I really hope this is real

This one is 100% real en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB

I dont understand, do people pay actual money for these ships or is it all just a game?

This is what life for the aristochracy was 300+ years ago. Basically bored super rich leaders who come up with made up reasons to go to war to measure whom is better at warfare commanding

When we're talking about the thousands of hours spent poring over spreadsheets that could just have easily been spent working, the distinction becomes less important.

>The origins of the conflict date back months ago to a private Discord server for the WAFFLES alliance. As CEO Reza Najafi tells me, the alliance had previously been using chat programs that didn't support displaying images. But Discord does.
>Unbeknownst to Reza at the time, WAFFLES was harboring a considerable population of anime fans (or weebs as they call themselves) who were spamming anime memes in the Discord at all hours of the day.
>"The chat was flooded with so much anime, we had to ban it in our main channel," Reza tells me.
wow this is so fucking stupid

Amarr>Caldari>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>massive shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gallente>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Minmatar

Not directly, but there is a way to convert real life money into virtual money. You can buy subscriptions and turn it into an ingame item that can be traded for virtual money.

the last one is real too, was featured in a couple of youtube videos
i think he stole about 150k worth of shit

some do but really for the amount of time people put into the game they might as well just buy them with real $$

The currency in the game is called "ISK". You can earn it in game by doing pretty much anything, or you can just buy PLEX packs, which you can use to pay for your monthly subscription.

Since ISK and PLEX can be compared for real money value, the ISK costs of ships and basically anything can easily be given a real world value.

Can some user give us a quick rundown on the story behind this?

And if I downloaded EVE today, how many hours would it take me to get to a point where I could participate in these politics? I'd be willing to spend a few shekels to lessen my progression time.

I'd join Eve to fight against the anime if it wasn't just shitty malware.

You guys play Game of War too?

So, a virtual battle in a game gets its own wikipedia article now? kek

space monkey alliance or SMA, guy was killed by them and he worked his way up to full trust and stole all their shit

>how many hours would it take me
>hours
Try months or years.

not long, you can do pvp even with the starting ships. the skills however take a while to train up. it's also much more boring than it appears to be.

Well anyone can add shit to wikipedia

EVE is basically like having another job apart from your real job, only real connoisseurs of autism or chinks enjoy it.

Having played EVE for almost 10 years now, I can assure you. Those were real events. Vastly simplified, but it did happen.

hahaaaa canada, you think you're hardcore...

You can buy 30day subscription tokens from the devs which you can either use yourself or sell in game (players are willing to pay in game currency for the token). So the USD numbers you see are basically how many USD worth of subscription tokens would you need to buy from the game company and sell in game at current token in game prices.

the people who control these politics don't even log in.

Did Iceland produce anything greater than eve in its >1000 years of history?
Also how is eve these days? I played a bit a couple of years ago, had fun, but dropped it due to lack of time. Checked steam and there's lots of confusing $$ buttons and now it's free to play and shit instead of plain subscription/plex

we really don't need you shitheads getting into eve

They just post on the forums?

Who /team10/ here?

months or years at best and never if you have a full time job, these kids live for eve

>this battle cost an estimate 11 trillion ISK
>11 TRILLION ISK

You don't need to have a high skill character or lots of intake currency to be involved somehow, but for a while you'd mostly be an observer because of you simply not having experience/being new

Just give it a try, and I'd you don't like the game you can still laugh at its politics

They coordinate the people who actually log in. They're the bosses who own the corporations who pay all the members of the corporations.
The game is fucking ANCAPistan, senpai. No joke.

Too late. Pandemic Horde bitches! I have like 30 merlins because WHY THE FUCK NOT?

>Did Iceland produce anything greater than eve in its >1000 years of history?
a 200 mile exclusve fishery zone :^)
>Also how is eve these days?
how should I know?
like less than 5% of the country actually plays the damned game

Kys shitlib

Leftists run the game and rigged the "conflict", leftists run the Goons as a media op, leftists run Wikipedia... this isn't hard to figure out if you're not a retarded leftists

I swear to kek it's literally impossible for them to win, they're too stupid to learn even when corrected

it's easy to convert game wealth to real currency because of PLEX (30 days of premium game time), a 15 dollar purchase that can be sold on the broker, used to sell for a billion or so ISK (in game currency).

So, for example, if a fight wipes out 15 trillion in ISK thats divided by 1 billion (appx cost), for 15 thousand plex, then times the 15 dollar price (buying more results in lower prices however) for 225 thousand dollars equivalent wealth. The above numbers are for illustration purposes I have no idea what PLEX are going for on the market. That's about what they were when I quit.

If you're a social, charismatic guy that knows how to get in with different people, you could be doing PR, propaganda or espionage for a group within a few weeks. If you want people to listen to you and respect you like say, leaders of big alliances, then I either recommend you do EVE as a full-time job for the next 3 years ot, better, go back in time 12 years.

godspeed

>5% of the country
fuck, iceland scales are so comfy

goon detected

This was my favorite.

Also the EVE Banks that are honestly just pyramid schemes and you wonder why the fuck people ever give any other player money.

How is there no Sup Forums corp yet?

I'm sick of flying in this shitty NPC corp, and the real corps are all infested with pathetic social justice lefty twats.

Anyone got a little intergalactic RWDS corp that I can join?

>Play for a few years
>Steal a thousand $s worth of ingame currency
>Invest it, triple my ISK after a few months
>Sell space currency for $4200 and leave game

It's the only MMO I've ever made money off of

This should be a nostalgia thread, spending years in a corporation to back stab someone is Jewy and subversive and came at the cost of thousands of hours sitting on your ass when you should have been working out or doing something with your life. You are all faggots, make babies and stop giving a shit about pixels REEEE!

That is the most Sup Forums thing I have ever read.

We really are agents of chaos aren't we.

I honestly hate anime, every single anime fan I've ever met has been an arrested development man/womanchild of the worst kind

Ever think about pyramid schemes in nonregulated places? As long as you're not the last guy to pay into it before the mastermind cashes out and leaves, you'll make a profit.

Just get a little dinky ship and then make some friends out in low security space. That's how I did it.

Making friend usually involved rubbing your ships together until one explode.

isnt this some autistic excel game`?

Quite a while (probably years), but noobs always can find a home as a tackle fit rifter which can bs trained fairly quickly. It's honestly a lot of fun, i flew one in The Fountain War.

imagine what could be if society would encourage to pour that autism in important things

What faction or guild should a new player join if they just want to play casually and not lose progress in PvP?

I was already there and all my friends were Sup Forums.
Seriously.

Mods fucking purge this crap! Jesus Christ, this is /v through and through. In game politics have nothing to do with real ones. go fuck yourselves and your imaginary bullshit.

any video game where people sell their accounts based on what in-game currency they have can be translated to real world shekels based on whatever retard autists are willing to pay for it

>isnt this some autistic excel game`?

That's amateur hour.

Here's real autism, finngolian game that's been in development since 1992. It's about surviving in ancient pseudo-Finnland.

Literally how? you must be a bottom feeder or something. I use Sup Forumslite terminology all the time in my corp and many of the top corps tolerate or are straight up built on being massive edgelords. It's easily the game with the largest concentration of Sup Forums types.

>As long as you're not the last guy to pay into it before the mastermind cashes out and leaves, you'll make a profit.

Are you stupid? If the people at the bottom of the pyramid are earning more profit than they invest to make it, it's a successful business, not a pyramid scheme. EVE banks are literal pyramid schemes.

yes Im sure the player base of 4 drunkards from Lapland enjoy that game

i played over 12,000 hours of.dota2

Then why are you on an anime website?

Goons and Pathetic Legion rule this game. Only play if you are a Something Awful faggot or redditor.

Begun the waifu wars have

>He says while posting on Sup Forums

Really makes you think...

I might start eve soon. There could be potential for profit. Could use extra money to pay bills.

>Eve online
>Try to set up an ancap sci-fi univerce.
>Get corporation-states, who have monopolies and monarchs. Anyone who wants out is destroyed.

now imagine what you could have done if you had the proper incentives

behead those who watch anime

The Merlin is the most aesthetic frigate in the game so very much why not.

testfag detected.

those autists aren't actually particularly smart so it would be exactly the same. if they were able to focus their autism into something that would bring them real life fame and fortune they would have done it already.

>I use Sup Forumslite terminology all the time in my corp
Literally how? you get banned for racism and mods can see your PMs

No. The guy never killed himself and burn Jita maybe had a temporary effect on the market, but nothing that would be felt today. They even did a second and I think possibly a third burn Jita and nobody in the game even talks about them because they were just temporary things.

Out of game comms and services.

If you're reading a story about EVE and it comes across as absolutely absurd and cockamamie, chances are it happened.

Pleb filter.

Haven't paid attention to EVE in years
Did anyone ever manage to take down Cally?

>Being the leader of his own storied alliance, Reza is also somewhat of a tactical genius. Seeing the rift anime was causing throughout the ranks, he decided to weaponize it. During his "State of the Waffles" address to announce the invasion of Providence, Reza told his soldiers that if they kill Jin'taan 10 times and bring him 10 corpses from the wreckage, he would lift the ban on anime. This upset those that were in favor of the ban, so Reza decreed that if those who were anti-anime worked together and brought him 20 corpses, the ban would become permanent. In response, each group has began calling themselves Team 10 and Team 20. Regardless of whether anime culture lived or died in WAFFLES, Jin'taan had just become one of the most wanted men in EVE.

No, because the somethingawful goons would have been killed by niggers the moment society collapsed.

burn Jita was goons cribbing on this
and yeah, the guy killed himself

kind of refutes everything you were saying, but offsite chat, okay.jpeg

On the contrary. EVE online is a beautiful example of what happens when you give people loads more money and spare time to figure out what to do with it. I bet if we were true ancaps we would be blowing each other up in the asteroid belt by now.

>Imaginary
>On a board where brown people pretend to be nazis

KEK

>I already have you

Got my hopes up for nothing...

it's not about fortune or fame, but that such games are a virtual autism siphon. if that wouldn't exist they would be forced to use that autism for something else like basket weaving or whatever, but such things would maybe even have a real world impact of some sort.

What is the name of this event? I love this type of stuff. What was the other game, AstroEmpires? Had similar stuff. The politics and psychology of it all is impressive.