Seriously how the fuck do we justify our presence over seas. It just boggles my fucking mind

Seriously how the fuck do we justify our presence over seas. It just boggles my fucking mind.

Are people so docile they actually believe the "were fighting for freedom" shit?

>Seriously how the fuck do we justify our presence over seas.

Because we can, and who's going to stop us?

Yup. Plenty of shit headed americunts think dropping bombs on dune coons is spreading freedom.
>inb4 military faggots try to justify this and their welfare checks on the taxpayer's dime

>how's that school project going?

sage

>Are people so docile they actually believe the "were fighting for freedom" shit?

That's just something politicians and the media say because the actual reason we are over there is too complex for the average person.

It's much easier to sell war to the general public using emotions.

North Korea.

this board is too stupid for the questions u are asking, they are more concerned with

>MUH WHITE RACE
>MUH FUHRER
>MUH GLOBALISATION

young people being blown to pieces for rich oil companies and a huge military complex trying to justify its existence.

>freedom

found the nigger

sage

enlighten me

>Seriously how the fuck do we justify our presence over seas. It just boggles my fucking mind.

ITT: People who don't understand geo-politics and international security. OP confirmed NEET.

damned if you do damned if you don't, so why not use that big ole military instead of sitting around lookin at each other and tasting the wind

>being skilled professional
>risking life and limb
>welfare check

Not even in the military but you're retarded

We're all stupid yet you keep coming back here... Speaks volumes about you as well.

back up your points because i obviously cant grasp any of this

It's all about "interests." US government interests, Russian interests, corporate interests, religious interests...

Because it means nobody else can take over the world without our permission.

Keeping certain areas of the world destabilized is beneficial to American businesses and overall US strategic goals. Denying rival powers strategic access to certain parts of the world and maintaining a very large sphere of influence so that we can funnel money and resources into our own nation for the benefit of the American people, not immediately but over time, is what is actually important.

It's about playing the long game, nobody in charge actually cares about the plight of the Iraqi, Syrian or Afghan peoples. They care about Iraqi oil, denying Russia a direct Mediterranean port and airbase while also opening a new path for a pipeline to Europe, and trillions of dollars of untapped rare earth metals.

The only two things that keep america going are the jews, who are basically the only ones who can add 2+2 and tie their shoe laces, the germans who engineer all your shit for you, and your army who keep the money and oil flowing.

He's talking about "intelligence analysts" who enlist, sit at a desk for a few years, get discharged for nerves or some shit and then claim disability because of the "mental distress" of readjusting to civilian life. Parasitic welfare queens who larp as battle scarred combat vets

>le burgers are all inbred retards
Woah, settle down lad.

It's how we are able to live first world lifestyles. If the wars stop, our wealth stops. Believe it or not, but our wealth is stolen from the rest of the world. You don't want to be a poor third worlder, do you?

We can't and it should piss you off that our government is selling out our military to fight in these bullshit wars

Yes they're misguided but they're your fellow American, I'm convinced that if there is ever going to be a revolution/civil war/race war that its going to get started by Veterans, why else do (((they))) want them pacified with drugs and force them to the brink of suicide?

You've got the ultimate bad goys here in the US but no one ever tries to meme it into existence

okay good, you're getting at what i was trying to get at. But you have to think, is it really benefiting us like it should? You would think with all of this money at the expense of others, our roads, rails and infastructure wouldnt be in the condition it is.

nice wishful thinking. USA has managed things so awfully that it's now affecting our quality as a nation. Long game is some real bullshit. We've had forty years of the current cycle, and it's only caused us continued disaster

Power Projection. That is a significant reason why our country isn't experiencing hyperinflation right now

To secure 95% of the Earth's poppy seed production hence controlling opiate manufacturing and distribution.

I always figured that it was about the oil and the resources, as well as keeping a perpetual war economy so jobs are created and tech development is stimulated through government contractors. I never quite understood why we didn't just flatten the whole middle east from orbit and claim it, but I figured it had something to do with playing a long game so we could slowly control it without arousing the ire of the global community. Seems like it's sort of backfired though, as now militant Islamists are fucking everywhere and starting to spread across the world like locusts, it makes me wonder if this is just the unforeseen consequences of a botched job, or if it goes deeper and the conspiracy theorist shit about a choreographed world war 3 are real.

Kinda is, they're just waiting on the bat signal.
>pic related

I'd say more botched job than anything, though it looks like WW3 is going to come out of it anyway.

Lots of attack helicopters in the captchas recently

>Seriously how the fuck do we justify our presence over seas. It just boggles my fucking mind.

Well you did save Europe from Hitler and commies and the likes. I for one I'm grateful user

Civil war

That is a result of mismanagement in the past collectively building over time, it could be fixed if time were dedicated to it, but it's pretty tough to change the momentum once it gets going.

Continued disaster for whom? We are still the sole superpower with the ability to project military for anywhere on the planet almost over night, there isn't a single nation on the planet that can even compete.

You don't live in a dirt hovel as a subsistence farmer because our nation is so far ahead of others that even our poor people live in a hard structure with utilities, cell phones and television, getting fat and lazy. The only reason that is even possible is because we continuously take advantage of other nations and their resources by bullying them into doing exactly what we want, or bombing them into oblivion until they do what we want.

Part of it is because shit backfires but that's war and war is controlled chaos. You can't account for everything and the unfortunate side effects of some actions spill out to the rest of the world.

Eh, no justification needed. Who cares.

Checked
The militant Islamists are everywhere precisely to keep the war machine going. You're onto something there... We used to manufacture weapons to wage war, now we manufacture wars to sell weapons. Also look into the importance of the petrodollar and how certain middle eastern former allies got deposed violently for just talking about selling oil for gold.
The petrodollar system is exactly why we can keep printing money and buying shit from the rest of the world... Because the rest of the world needs dollars to buy oil for their domestic energy needs.

Hegemony. World Police. "Protecting America's interest", etc.

>Are people so docile they actually believe the "were fighting for freedom" shit?
Yes actually.
>"Invading Iraq keeps us safe because WMDs and Democracy is always good. Humanitarian bombs!"
>"Occupying Afghanistan keeps us safe because terrorism must be stopped."
>"Supporting revolutions against various unfriendly dictatorships protects our interests and increases "regional security".

Dollars which they can only get from selling things to us.

>Seriously how the fuck do we justify our presence over seas
it makes big MIC corporations money

you zog soldiers of foreskin die so that they can get rich

thats all it is, a conversion of some cucks life into $

>seems like it's sort of backfired though

This was literally the jihadists long game. Bringing down a superpower can't be done conventionally. They made symbolic attack on the WTC to bring everyone in to their playground where they could bleed you. They forsaw the refugee crisis. I'm not entirely sure how to break from this path now. Our leaders will keep walking it as long as they're making their money

This isn't really true. Sure, we may plunder some wealth from other countries, but imagine if we didn't get that wealth and also cut the military budget in half. The savings on taxes would likely be greater than the wealth lost.

No, you're just having our back against Russia

> Canada
Latvia is fuuuuucked

The world would be so much different if 2/3 of the planet's petroleum reserves were NOT in the Middle East

Now can anyone tell me exactly what we're doing in Africa? We have a whole AFRICOM command in charge of it and it's been total radio silence. Even milbros don't want to discuss African operations and they're pretty open about their experiences in A-stan.

I don't think so user, I think we'd just be bitching about a different theater of war in these threads.
We have financial hegemony not because we produce anything particularly useful, but because we use our military to force oil producing states to only accept US dollars

This. It's first and foremost an opportunistic exercise of power. I think it suffers from narrow vision as much as novice skill sets and young institutions. But even when we try to scale back, our interests are so broad and interdependent that we would likely rediscover many of the same adversaries

This.

I feel as if we don't get rid of Islam in the next 3 or 4 years the west's fate is sealed.

Pretty sure Taiwan, South Korea, and most of Eastern Europe are grateful.

you are so full of shit it's not even funny

Because they literally want us there to back them up. No wars in the first world anymore because US bases everywhere.

Sup Forums at this point is just russian propaganda shilling.

This is a great explanation of US interests. There's a bit of Yankee Doodle Golem to it too, but we have had the hands-off experiment often enough, and most recently with Obama. Anywhere we leave, something or several things take our place.

To abdicate US power is to fight against nature.

Imagine if an actual sentient race was seated on top of that hotbed of resources instead of literally one of the most barbaric, uncivilized societies existing today. Someone like China. They'd be terraforming mars or some shit by now.

Such a narrow case it's not explanatory about anything really, user.

Kek gave this post a grade of A++. I think the matter here is settled.

I marvel at the absurd cartoon that must be serving as your model for how the world works. Sure, there's violence and exploitation. But the outright pilfering hasn't been a thing for awhile. Wealth takes sophistication, technology, knowledge and culture. That "stolen" ore or fossil fuels are only as good as the above. There's many groups, Nations and bandits, who lack those elements and can only act as middleman.

We however own the market itself.

Who is going to balance out Turkey, Iran, Russia, Pakistan and China?

Belgium? The Netherlands?

US power has it's issues and controversies but there is no viable alternative. The best we can do is do it cheaper

There was a strategy awhile ago to purge the ME and push terrorists into North Africa. I think instead we got a conflagration of indigenous African Islamism and a resurgence of Asian Islamism

>Because we can, and who's going to stop us?
Hopefully the American people will eventually put a stop to it.

How does it benefit them to spend billions stirring up hornet nests in the 3rd world?