Why are young white men dying from opiates?

What changes to American drug policy does pol support? Needle exchanges? Narcan with no prescription? Addict surrender policies (cnn.com/2016/02/05/health/new-hampshire-heroin-tactics/index.html)?

Inb4 let them die/ be Duterte

--

I just want everyone to know that my son Michael overdosed on fentanyl . My son was not an addict he made a mistake that cost him his life. I just want to make everyone aware of the epidemic that's goin on right now that's killing 5-7 people a day in every city in Canada. It's out of control and there is no way to protect our children from this other than to warn them of the dangers of drug use today. I've lost my son to this horrible tragedy and want to make parents aware that it can happen to anyone who decides to touch anything that can be snorted up your nose. Fentanol is the number #1 killer in Canada and it's taking our children and loved ones. Please share this with your family and friends to help prevent another tragedy

fox25boston.com/news/trending-now/mom-who-lost-son-to-opioid-overdose-shares-heartbreaking-photo/517733569

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/states-medical-marijuana-painkiller-deaths-drop-25-266577
sys.Sup
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kondratiev_wave
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shoot dealers on sight, solves the illegal and the nigger problem as well.

not going to stop because the US is run by pharmaceutical companies that make sure you get given heroin for stubbing your toe so Dr. Shekelberg can make thousands of dollars each time

You rang?

>be Duterte
there is no other way
once a junkie always a junkie

tore acl, had knee recon...then microfracture...then cartilage replacement.

they gave me oxys. then hydromorph. then fentanyl patch.

was fun. then it wasnt. i never thought it could happen to me....i went pure junkie.

stopped cold turkey by the grace of god because i saw 2 friends od and die.

90 days clean. i got lucky.

good luck. u can quit.

why are you so thirsty to save degenerates from killing themselves?

I think saying that is just a way to avoid actually dealing with the issue. Extrajudicial killings are not something you realistically are going to have in a Western nation.

I know Sup Forums likes to take the attitude "just kill the bad people!" but life isn't that simple.

Don't expect cannabis to be the savior as well. Big pharma companies are already making plans for it.

Anyone that takes risks with dangerous drugs is asking to end up dead or as a vegetable.

meth addicts with any criminal history should be killed imo
duterte is saving his country

I think every person can be redeemed from the clutches of drugs and there is much work that can be done to prevent new users from getting involved.

I visited West Virginia a few years back and everyone there I spoke to said they would support medical marijuana if it would reduce their opiate problem. Data coming in from medical marijuana states indicates that it does.

newsweek.com/states-medical-marijuana-painkiller-deaths-drop-25-266577

Happy to hear, leaf. Keep at it

>have shitty life
>buy cheap shitty drugs
>OD on shitty drugs because manufacturers are cutting costs and make fucked up batches.

the people who OD on this shit are scum, they're worthless individuals who were going nowhere in life in the first place. the only reason why theres a big hike in ODs is because dealers are cutting their drugs with fentanyl because its cheap as fuck, the only problem is that fentanyl and carfentanyl are dosed in itty bitty dosages and its easy to fuck it up, so you get these shit batches that kill people.

1. BUILD THE WALL: Stop the flow of drugs from the Mexican border.

2. BRING BACK GOOD JOBS FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT DEGREES: Good work gives people meaning in their lives. Meaning in your life means less reason to pick up a needle.

This is how it goes, really. Get an injury, retarded barely-literate chink doctor prescribes addictive opiate, become junkie.

If you ever get a prescription for that shit, do yourself a favour and throw it in the trash.

Fentanyl is coming into our country from the chinks. And our government let's them.

>Why are young white men dying from opiates?
Because drug dealers are selling heavily cut versions of fentanyl and other synthetic opiates as heroin. But given the extreme potency of these chemicals and the inherently imprecise way they cut them means that the potency of the resulting drug is extremely inconsistent. Someone can be accustomed to using a certain amount of heroin that they know to be a safe dose, then when they unknowingly buy a baggie full of this mess of synthetic opiates, they overdose.

>Shoot dealers

You mean doctors?

They're not, drug overdoses are easy to cause by adding fentanyl on the mix and then the guy get his organs harvested.

I honestly think it's some kind of revenge for the Opium Wars or something.

One of my friends died from an overdose. My room mate's brother is out the streets again, looking for heroin. This could all be over if drugs were legal and addicts could just buy unadulterated drugs.

>friend from highschool gets into degenerate shit like benzos and heroine.
>tries to get me to try it, tell him to fuck off.
>"but dude addiction is just a meme I can control my actions"
>cut contact because I dont want any part of that degeneracy in my life.
>couple months later other friends tell me he overdosed.
>show no remorse. he did it to himself. Friends get mad and stop hanging out with me.

This seems to be the most common path to junkiehood these days. Sorry for your buddies but I'm glad you're with us, leaf

Like legal heroin wouldn't have plenty of problems of its own.

You don't have to be close to him in life if you fear he will drag you down a bad path but what purpose does scorning him in death do? Make your peace, at one point at least he was your friend and you cared for him.

Legalize all drugs and spend a shitload more money on drug treatment programs and have all emergency personnel carry Narcan, and make it not require a prescription I guess. Most of this won't make a huge difference and lot more people are going to die, but it'll help a bit.

>5-7 people a day being killed in Canada

Kek, the opioid epidemic is killing about 91 people day here in the USA, per the CDC.

of course we're aware that it isn't that simple in western society since we're actually civilized and ,as a result, have to do things by the books
but what options are you left with? you can either choose to
A: crack down on drug users and sellers in an aggressive manner a la the US by giving people 10-20+ year sentences (which, as you can see, hasn't worked out well)
or
B: be lax towards drug users (though not sellers) and have hospitals offer to give them a fix so as to prevent withdrawal a la the UK, which is essentially government leniency towards narcotics abusers
like it or not, mankind has been trying to find a way to moderate drug abuse for centuries now
if there were a rock-solid method to do so, it would have been implemented already

Fuck drug addicts. They're awful people and deserve to die.
There's no way I can solve the problem. All the wankers promoting drug use "in moderation" could help if they stopped promoting drug positive attitudes.

>1. BUILD THE WALL
you're a retard if you think a wall is going to do anything. they use tunnel networks now anyways.
>2. BRING BACK GOOD JOBS FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT DEGREES
the jobs are out there, people are just lazy. you can't go back to 40s era jobs because we live in a global fucking market, theres no way in hell were going to tariff the shit out of everything china exports to the point where US factory workers can make 80 grand. if you want a good job, put in the effort and go to school.

dying from opiates is a better option than living in america

They do it in Switzerland and it works fine.

The issue with heroin is not the drug but the dose. I'm a former addict and I know even if it were legalized I would not be somehow more tempted to touch it.

The opioid crisis is a cultural problem, not a legal one.

Gotta stop people from feeling the need to start using drugs in the first place.

They need meaning, purpose in life.

Good jobs, strong families, even religion.

>Fentanol is the number #1 killer in Canada and it's taking our children and loved ones

So you're saying... this is a rake in chemical form?

Legalizing drugs makes people use more drugs.

If heroin was legal both your friends would be dead from an overdose instead of one still being alive thanks to him failing to get his drugs.

People smoking weed saying "in moderation its fine" are to blame. If they didn't promote drug culture (and it is a culture) then this wouldnt happen.

>Make your peace
My brother was a drug addict. When I found out and realized after repeated attempts at intervention that he wasn't going to change, I cut off contact and essentially mourned his death from my life while he was still "alive." People do this with dying elders all the time. When he actually died it didn't phase me much, since I'd already mourned.

drugs can sometimes be a really good thing

taking a high dose of mdma and 4-aco-dmt one night unexpectedly saved me from alcoholism, it just depends on which drug it is and how it is used.

The war on drugs does waaay more harm than good, if you wanted to fix the actual root of the problem youd need to restructure society in a way that allows people to have dignity, a sense of purpose, and a sense of community. So, youd want to make society more ethnically homogenous, redesign communities to be more walking-friendly and have places where people can congregate, somehow discourage excessive use of TV, bring back jobs, and things like that.

>have all emergency personnel carry Narcan

that's already a thing. the problem is that every OD goes to the hospital, and they more than likely can't pay so the hospital just writes it all off so then the government pays for it.

Wow, what weaklings.

I think harm reduction is a big step because it can keep addicts out of prisons and hospitals which cost more money than the harm reduction programs themselves and keep people near a way out if they find themselves wanting help.

I think closing out borders and putting pressure on China not to ship Fentanyl here is helpful as well but a lot of it needs to be economically based seeing if we can reduce the costs of drug abuse on our systems by offering cheaper alternatives to users (who will exist no matter what punishments you threaten).

>OD on fent, designer opiate
>not an addict

>I use drugs to get myself off other drugs

I know quite a few people like you. You're gonna be addicted to something else pretty soon.

for-profit healthcare system, couldn't dream of being 22 and getting prescribed opoid painkillers in Britain. It's too fucking expensive for the NHS.

stuff doctors over-prescribing into corrective rape centers
also a jobs bill, because we have a ton of old infrastructure that sometimes falls into a river or poisons a bunch of people

1. Let them waste their time and money digging tunnels. Make it as hard as possible for the cartels. Don't just let them have an open door like they do now.

2. I'm not talking 40s era jobs, I'm talking 80s era jobs. And we should be innovating to the point where new jobs we hadn't even thought of start appearing.

Despair

>What changes to American drug policy does pol support?
Fix things so people aren't so desperate

Everything else is only going to be bandaids

>And we should be innovating to the point where new jobs we hadn't even thought of start appearing.

what the fuck does that even mean? are you roleplaying as trump right now?

when they have taken everything away from you, and turned all of society against you for being a "cishet white male", then the only thing that provides you with happiness anymore is shooting up dilaudid

>OP's 2nd link
>sys.Sup Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fox25boston.com%2Fnews%2Ftrending-now%2Fmom-who-lost-son-to-opioid-overdose-shares-heartbreaking-photo%2F517733569

Article below that is literally Bel Air

I know
>legalize it
>heck make it part of an unregulated free market

If anybody loves taking poison and defend to the death for their right to take it. I say let them.

Corporal punishment

People that OD treat drugs like it's nothing.

That's like someone driving 150+mph on the freeway 'like it's nothing'...retardely dangerous. Its evolution, accept it.

And nothing of value was lost.

In a First World country, weak genes are selected against through stuff like this now that access to food and females is plentiful.

>And I almost lost my daughter, who is 25, three weeks before Michael. She and a friend overdosed on cocaine laced with fentanyl. Within five minutes, her friend was unconscious in the front seat. Danielle was able to drive to the hospital, which thankfully, was not far. They got the help they needed, or they wouldn’t be here today, either.

When are we allowed to blame the parenting?

it's fentanyl and other super-opiates that are killing people like crazy. that and it's harder for docs to prescribe pain meds now.

Honestly all the addicts I've ever met - which are a LOT mostly from NY or NJ down to FL for treatment - are some of the worst examples of human beans. They are manipulative and impulsive people with addictive personalities, many who have betrayed their families for the needle. The worst part is EMS or the police finding these people and having them be revived, only to leave hospitals AMA once they are cut off their opiods only to go back in to the streets looking for more. Basic animals with no higher though processes; should be left to die in the streets.

Do you think in 1895 Henry Ford knew how many people he'd employ in 1920?

That's what it fucking means.

But legalizing it will surely solve all of those issues.

Except that poison makes them behave incredibly irresponsible, violent and aggressive.

When you legalise drugs they start doing it in public, everyone promotes it in public and you end up somewhere that looks like California.

I don't care if people smoke weed or not either, their loss, but for the love of god I dont want them to be confident about it. They should be scared to do it infront of people and hide in their bedrooms.

>it's fentanyl and other super-opiates that are killing people like crazy

the only reason its killing people is because its a much more concentrated drug. its dosed in micrograms while morphine is dosed in milligrams, so its way easier to fuck up and OD. stop acting like fentanyl is some sort of doomsday plague.

One of the reasons the opioid epidemic is so widespread and that important people actually care this time around is that middle class people from stable families are OD'ing. The crack epidemic was just black people and even the meth epidemic was mostly rural trailer-trash whites.

Huh, I'd heard some states were starting to do it awhile ago but didn't know how widespread it is now.

People OD because they get bags of differing potency. In a free market heroin would not be diluted with fetanyl, which is the cause of many of these overdose deaths. Finally, people do not become addicted to drugs because they are simply available. Most drug use is self-medication for child abuse and neglect. Government programs to "end" drug use only give money to dealers and force child abuse victims to use shitty, cut drugs.

I detest any and all drug use but prohibition is not the answer.

Shitty parents giving birth to shitty kids looking for excuses as to why they are all pieces of shit. Typical behavior for modern retards.

it's a contributing factor, and when the shit is mixed by retards leaving hotspots, it kills in scores.

Which means now the culture of the middle class is finally showing symptoms of its cultural illness.

Things need to change on a cultural level if there's going to be widespread recovery to this widespread crisis.

'cause they're subconsciously preëmptiing their extinction

i didnt intend for that outcome to happen when i did it, it was kind of a surprise. I also started working on fixing a lot of relationships in my life that were messed up too, like my relationship with my mom, so Id say it definitely improved things in my life tremendously. i dont know whether it would work for everyone as a way to fix their problems in general, it probably depends on the person/situation, though I do also think that for a lot of psychedelic drugs, theres really no good reason to keep them illegal.

I was on vicadin for a couple weeks and that shit fucked me up idk how people can be addicted to it.

in central ohio EMS/Fire carries it and now and cops are carrying some but the problem is people suck at using the device it comes in and cops sometimes don't carry enough.

Most people can try drugs and not like them. People make the argument that if drugs were legal everyone would be coke and weed addicts. Simply not true. Most drug use is self-medication for psychological conditions.

>fentanyl

isnt that elephant tranquiliser?

its 10,000 times stronger than heroin

And why should you be allowed to drink alcohol again?
>t. Muslim master culture

No it makes them worse. It's way harder to quit drugs when society promotes them.

I'm an ex drug addict. I've quit opiates, weed, tobacco, alcohol. You know what was the hardest for me to quit? Coffee haha. Because every where you look or anyone you ask will tell you its fine. Culture is 100% responsible for drug use. It's self perpetuating. Moderate weed smokers cause degenerate junkies.

My parents stoners who smoke weed almost every day. They'll say its in moderation so its fine but theyre stil promoting drug culture. It's no surprise to me that I ended up using other drugs

nailed it.

i actually asked for a shrink to talk through my shit and instead my chink doctor so quickly wrote me scripts for a steady diet of the fentanyl patch and 220 oxys a month for breakthrough pain and because i was frustrated rehab wasn't going well he put me on 90 xanax a month for my frustration. BENZO'S are the worst to get off. THE WORST. NEVER EVER EVER TAKE BENZO'S.

these cunts must get commission. im almost certain of it.

thx dude.

Western PA reporting in. Situation is not good. H is moving into our schools. Reports of string of deaths from a bad batch is not uncommon.

I dont drink alcohol you degenerate faggot.

>It's out of control and there is no way to protect our children from this other than to warn them of the dangers of drug use today.

desu this and good parenting always played a role in keeping me away from all the serious drugs everyone i know is ruined on.
those commercials really helped in being extra cautious of hard drugs.

now you never see them anymore because this country is ran by sadist elites and their corrupt medical industry.
all progress has stagnated since the 80s

you can really blame this on our corrupt government

They have no hope for the future because since 9/11 this nation's gone entirely off the deep end, and the rise of instant news and social media has allowed people to see it in all its 'glory'. If you don't like where it's headed and you can't change it, fuck it, bury yourself in distractions and hope you can pass it by. It just happens that in America it's super easy for young white dudes, especially rural, to get opiate-based drugs. So they take them, OD, and die.

>I think harm reduction is a big step because it can keep addicts out of prisons and hospitals which cost more money than the harm reduction programs themselves and keep people near a way out if they find themselves wanting help.
problem with that is that if you don't watch yourself you'll end up exactly the way the UK did and will now, to a degree, foster a sort of leniency towards those using drugs
the lines are awfully blurred when it comes to these things and that's why I commend Duterte for taking the middle road, however immoral that may be

this leaf is correct
benzos are hard to ween yourself off of
you can literally die

This is a viewpoint that many fail to ever consider.

Because it's not what they want to hear.

People also OD because theyre junkie retards that can't measure doses properly.

That'd be WAY easier to do if you have easy access to more heroin than you need.

junkies gonna junk maaan

it more to do with american doctors prescribing useless drugs on commision, there is a social cost to privatised healthcare but to be honest i woudnt want to see what happens when you give niggers free healthcare and guns at the same time

You sound like a fucking moron who falls for trendy shit and peer pressure like a faggot.

Wow you're one edgy little bitch.

>pic shows some beta male dying with his obviously single mother there to cry for him
the picture answers the question itself. single mothers raise worthless betas and cucks who get lost down various paths of dependency.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kondratiev_wave

No, wrong again. These cases are related to the introduction of fetanyl to the heroin supply. You can OD on clean heroin but it's much more difficult.

That's what a drug addict is lmao

Ambien was the worst drug I've ever come off but most here probably haven't experienced cold turkey w/d from 7 a day of those bad boys.

I don't think there is anything wrong with leniency towards users, it can encourage compliance with treatment programs.

>No one ever ODed on heroin before fetanyl started getting added to it

Wow.

A: stop trading with China
B: Give people something to live for.

Because of unemployment. Low-IQ people don't exactly have lots of jobs available to them, and the jobs they do have are quickly dwindling.

Whites come from families with enough money to keep the afloat, so they're stuck in this drawn-out downward spiral of failure. Then, of course, no self-conscious women will go anywhere near a low-IQ white dude living with their parents.

Then, doctors will hook them up with opiates to combat their crippling depression and "chronic pain," which is a code-word for being so sad that it hurts.

They take some and it helps a bit, and they just chill on opium. Then they get used to it, and it starts to hurt again, so they keep wanting more to make the fucking hurt go away.

I really doubt this is a coordinated effort, though. This is just a circle off people trying to help each other with aspects of wanting to make fast money. They don't know that they're creating a horrible cycle of slowly killing white guys.

>american doctor != doctor

they are pretty just drug dealers

why do foreigners know more about america than americans?

Opioids are mostly commonly given out by doctors. They what people call 'real medicine'.

DURING OBAMA'S 8 YEARS IN OFFICE HEROIN USE INCREASED BY 400%

MEANS IF THERE WERE 100 HEROIN ADDICTS IN YOUR TOWN IN 2008, THEN BY 2016 THERE WERE AROUND 500 JUNKIES IN YOUR TOWN

95% OF HEROIN COMES ACROSS THE US-MEXICO BORDER, SO OBAMA'S NEARLY OPEN BORDER POLICY IS MUCH TO BLAME

No that's what a pathetic piece of shit with no willpower is. I despise you and everyone like you. You be came a junkie because you chose to because you have weak genes from parents with addictive personalities who raised a child that fails to take personal responsibility for their choices and even after "getting clean" continues to blame others which will inevitably cause you to repeat the cycle.

>I don't think there is anything wrong with leniency towards users, it can encourage compliance with treatment programs.
it also bears the risk of further encouraging those not sure about taking drugs into actually using them