Is a Flat Tax superior to a Progressive Tax?

Is a Flat Tax superior to a Progressive Tax?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qClBRaretEk
youtube.com/watch?v=XA241Lg70fg
youtube.com/watch?v=oXWgJSpvbic
youtube.com/watch?v=uJ90Kel-fs0
youtube.com/watch?v=3WN4Kjc3pK0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes
but sales tax is superior to both

Yes, but no tax would be better.

Fact: Australians are the most powerful race in the world.

>Not stealing from the rich and giving to the poor
May as well steamroller them

Progressive tax makes more sense, desu.

Nobody need 10billion in the bank.... but people do need 10k in the bank.

the progressive tax dosent take from the rich to give th the poor
it just increases inflation so the credit bubble doesnt burst

Born on a lonely island where most of the world's deadly animals are trying to kill them, this shapes them into humanity best, by far.

No other nations can compete.

youtube.com/watch?v=qClBRaretEk

youtube.com/watch?v=XA241Lg70fg

YES

wtf everyone pays the same no loop holes no bullshit

>also its a percent so if you make more you pay more

youtube.com/watch?v=oXWgJSpvbic

Who are you to determine what anyone 'needs'? Fuck off commie.

Yes, not all of the fauna is intelligent when compared to say Americans but that doesn't meant they aren't dangerous.

We have essentially flat tax, middle/lower class pays about 40 to 50% income tax. 20% income tax, rest is social/health insurance.

And we have 20% VAT after that.

no one has 10 billion in the bank desu. they use it to re-invest in their companies to make more.
And even what is in the bank isnt really in the bank, its being given in loans and et-cetera which helps the economy as well.

>middle/lower class pays about 40 to 50% income tax

Wtf, the government keeps half of what you earn?

No, only other amerilards believe this.

but desu just think, you would have to give tax cuts that are MUCH LARGER for rich people than poor people in terms of percent, let alone flat money.
CLEARLY ANYONE WHO WANTS A FLAT TAX JUST WANTS TO STEAL FROM THE POOR AND GIVE IT TO THE RICH.

some european countries have almost 70% tax.
desu at that point im pretty sure id just be neet and live of the government.

Pretty much this. You have shitty free college, healthcare, social "safety net".

These rapefugees aint gonna feed themselves

Yes:

youtube.com/watch?v=uJ90Kel-fs0

No taxes is the best

what if john and his ten friends invade with their tanks?

Most of the stock market is just a gambling complex that's unfairly tilted towards those with knowledge and resources.
>Wow i just bought a bunch of gold ETF's.... I'm helping the economy!.
No you're just paying the goldman investor's salary.

Well we're talking about societal design aren't we? Do people need property? Who are you to determine that?

This, if I don't have the freedom to nuke you for spitting on my lawn what freedoms do I have?

They would be violating the NAP and that's not allowed.

Yes. Combine flat tax with basic income and get rid of all the means-tested welfare programs, as well as social security, medicare, medicaid, obamacare etc. BI should be in the ballpark on SS today, and everyone should buy their own health insurance, with government offering a 'basic' package that takes everyone, but people should have the right to opt out and get private insurance. this is a fiscally conservative policy that at the same time makes sure that everyone has at least a basic standard of living (house, food, health care etc).

>not allowed.
by who?

>No you're just paying the goldman investor's salary.

And the miner's and the transporter's and so on

The NAP obviously.

Protip: rights aren't real.

enforced by who?

Flat tax is great if you want to attract international investment, if you already have it, or you dont need to attract it, progressive it better.
Its better for businesses not only because it reduces the tax they pay, it reduces the bureaucratic burden of the company.

satoshi will have 100B to 1T in the bank at this rate

But there isnt goverment enforcing NAP and defending liberal cucks

>banks creating fake money amd charging interest on it helps the economy

Goooood goyim

>this is what ancaps actually believe

>And the miner's and the transporter's and so on
Wow so by the same token, by putting dollars in the bank, you're paying anybody who has dollars! And the fed who does much needed work for us! What a great, useful contribution to the economy!

oh yeah just ring up NAP Enforcement Agency and hope they support your side of the story even though your opponent paid for the higher membership

>John has a great business idea
>he does not have enough money to start his business
>the bank offers him a loan
>the business takes off
>John pays the loan, pays taxes and provides jobs for X people

Alternatively

>theres no bank to give loans
>John dies a poorfag
>his successful business will never benefit the society

You see why banks are pretty damn important now?

Aussie shitpost at his finest

Nothing of value is lost
Individual citizens.

Yeah by buying stuff you actually help the economy and indirectly pay a number of people's salaries.

Is this concept so hard to grasp?

we have the smartest flora and fauna in the world

youtube.com/watch?v=3WN4Kjc3pK0

Income tax is among the most inequitable forms of taxation going.

Ability to pay should be the first consideration of any tax polity. Some people have incomes below the cost of living, so taxing such people's incomes at all is ultimately a form of oppression.

You mean Abbos

It only helps the economy if you buy things that are useful to the economy.

By spending money, you hurt people who have money stored in the bank. By saving money, you hurt people who spent their money on gold.

By buying gold, you help people who are invested in gold.

It's a nonsense myth that every purchase helps the economy.... Although i agree that you buying something is certain to help SOMEBODY.

taxation is theft

>By spending money, you hurt people who have money stored in the bank. By saving money, you hurt people who spent their money on gold.

No you dont.

Property is theft

That's not how it works in reality, you are brainwashed. How did you end up shilling for fractional reserve banking on the internet?

breathing air is theft

wtf i love the international jewish banking cabal now?

[argument needed]

>most powerful race in the world
>can't win a war against the emu

Sure you do. If you're not spending your money on gold, you're lessening the demand from what it would have been. If nobody buys gold, the value is 0.

By spending your cash, you increase the supply of cash in the economy, thereby lowering the value of the dollar.

>implying emus aren't australian

Only if the capitalist landowner uses air to exploit the working class.

No. More archivement must be exponentially punished so everyone is equally poor.

The only tax should be a progressive sales tax.

not if u're smart and become a corporation for tax purposes or other schemes

there's this thing where the higher tax correleates with high evasion which results in having to raise taxes to balance and so on

why would you work for a company if you knew the second you had a conflict against someone richer, not even your own company would back you up?
this is the problem with statists trying to think things through, they give a strawman all this power that it never makes sense how he got that power

roads

>he hasnt driven on private highways
enjoy your potholes despite all those taxes you pay

>private highways

let the magic happen

Youre just nitpicking now and you know it

>250KB file
you wont see them posting in this thread anymore since they hit their bandwidth cap trying to load this image

VAT isn't a bad theory, it catches money from those who exploit the tax code or completely cheat

But it does not work in application, vat taxes work in favor of the rich and add a larger burden on the poor

>call 911 for an ambulance
>ambulance can't reach you because the highways are owned by a competitor
>die

>don't sleep on the road.
Jesus fuckin Christ mein sides.

This makes too much sense. Will never be implemented. It doesn't give (((kickbacks)))

Why should someone pay a road completely on his own ?

>"the economy"

What the fuck are you talking about? I want to help people not some retarded abstraction.

Is this a leaf hiding behind a proxy?

>call your local private ambulance company number
>"Sorry, your address isn't on our route, try calling another company"
>die

>needing an ambulance
Literally when have you ever needed an ambulance or you were going to die. Never.
Not unless you're super old or have done something stupid. Or, weren't able to defend yourself.
Ancap does something about that last one.

That is the plan

That´s why you communists always fail. You´re just to dump to understand economy and it´s the same with your comrades

Serbian income tax for workers is around 62%, with an additional 20% of your NET salary if you earn more than $1000 a month.

This is why most people in the middle class and up work through their own corporation instead and pay 20% flat tax.

income tax is imoral but a progressive tax, where a certain portion of income (11k in Canada) is untaxed seems more fair than a flat tax

>I want to help people
>that's why I want more government social programs

If you ACTUALLY wanted to help people you'd set up a private charity and do things that way, or volunteer your time and money.
"I want to do good things but I'm a lazy cunt. Government do it for me!!"

This. Taxing production makes no sense. You should only tax consumption.

>nobody needs 10 billion in the bank
>but the government needs multiple trillions

We pay the same, bro.

What the fuck? I thought eastern European countries tries were all poor and had low taxes.

This is exactly why there is a progressive tax. No tax up to a certain amount, then after that it starts scaling. In Canada your first 11k is not taxed at all, this is called your personal amount or something like that.

Or voluntary tax. Government would be a lot more effective if they knew their budget could disappear when they did a crap job.

A society that does not see to the needs and rights of all of its members is not a society - it is a crime.

A progressive tax is sucking more money form people than a flat tax. A more fair solution is a flat tax with optional choices. For instance you can choose not to pay for church, or pay more for schools. And based on your choices you get some benefits like free school for your kids.

I need you to kill yourself.

Fuck no. Give poor people money they will spend it. Im for not over taxing and freeing up money if it ends up invested back into the economy but fuck flat taxes. Which have been on the rise lately as we have scaled back the progressive ones.

>inplying the majority of people would fork over 40% of their income if the goverment had good PR

The people making the most money are making the greatest use of the public goods and property.

The Kotch brothers shipping their chicken all over are making a much greater use of the communal property then some dumb ass who only drives to burger king.

Flat tax is retarded.

>(((voluntary)))

No one better accept this as anything but trolling.

I wouldn't say we're that poor, since tax evasion is the norm and almost a third of the economic activity happens on the black market. Interesting thing is that US sanctions on us during the 1990s pushed us to full communism.

Yes.

Everyone is equal before the law.

Nice digits.

If they actually did a reasonable job, yes.