Brit/pol/ - Path blocker edition

> May says Tories would not raise VAT
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39761740

> 'Phased approach': How to read EU Brexit guidelines
bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-30/brexit-takes-shape-what-we-learned-from-the-27-european-leaders
uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-guidelines-analysis-idUKKBN17V0IC

> Branson says he will BACK Theresa May if she gets a good deal with Europe: Virgin tycoon also calls for second EU referendum if ‘disaster’ of a hard Brexit occurs
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4460868/Sir-Richard-Branson-calls-second-EU-referendum.html

> Tim Farron says he is a 'bit of a Eurosceptic' in bid to win over Brexit voters in Liberal Democrat former south west of England stronghold
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/30/tim-farron-says-bit-eurosceptic-bid-win-brexit-voters-liberal/

Polls

> Britain Elects Polling Average Update
Con: 46.2% (+8.4) Lab: 26.9% (-4.3) LDem: 10.6% (+2.5) UKIP: 7.4% (-5.5) Grn: 2.9% (-0.9) Chgs. w/ GE2015.
twitter.com/britainelects/status/858672289835089920

> YouGov: Latest Westminster voting intention (27-28 Apr)
CON - 44% LAB - 31% LD - 11% UKIP - 6% OTH - 8%
yougov.co.uk/news/2017/04/29/voting-intention-conservatives-44-labour-31-27-28-/

> Survation: Kensington constituency poll:
CON: 46% (-6) LAB: 29% (-2) LDEM: 17% (+11) GRN: 7% (+2) Chgs. w/ GE2015 result
twitter.com/britainelects/status/858741971166388224

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sa7DT1-lu3Y
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4458006/amp/Tory-MP-strikes-election-pact-Ukip.html
twitter.com/JPY_Kurdish/status/858844252327084032
theguardian.com/media/2017/may/01/social-media-firms-should-be-fined-for-extremist-content-say-mps-google-youtube-facebook#comment-97641009
youtube.com/watch?v=LWfouFEROlY
youtube.com/watch?v=EXuV64hp4dk
youtube.com/watch?v=xbfbQ5EQCr4
youtube.com/watch?v=HkJPdu19tAk
redbubble.com/shop/pm theresa may stickers
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/07/donald-trump-syria-strike-tim-farron-assad-chemical-weapons-theresa-may
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assassination_attempts_on_Adolf_Hitler
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Poor renzi spilled his spaghetti

First for Bowden.

Sovereignty is just an emotional argument with no foundation. Sovereignty is a very nebulous concept nowadays in the globalised world that we live in.

We have to recognise that absolute sovereignty is a thing of the past as we have to follow so many rules in return for trading with other countries, or for being part of NATO, or being part of the UN, or participating in EFTA etc etc that making all of our own rules is only possible if we pull up the drawbridges and refuse to play any part in the rest of the world. And probably starve as a result.

And furthermore I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in "our" government making a better job of regulation than the EU or any other body, as governments of both colours have committed some truly egregious policy mistakes in the name of whatever pet ideology (or simple selfish power-grabbing) they allow to drive their policy decisions.

It is pure fantasy to think we would be better off with total sovereignty. I understand that it is tempting to believe that it could be better, but in the real world it absolutely would not. Our politicians really aren't any more clever than any others.

Vote Tory. Ensure hard Brexit.

AVOID committed remainers and definitely vote Tory outspoken Euroskeptics

ah yes another fine morning in Limerick city... or little kabul as i like to call it

SEIG HAIL WHITE ANGLO BROTHERS

mummy

I will vote UKIP

How much of an issue is the rumoured €60Bn "divorce bill"? Surely it's worth paying to begin proper talks on trade, and outweighed by future benefits? Davis blabbering "har har you can't force us to pay ECJ har har" seems like kicking up a fuss about fuck all desu

I'm not voting Tory, you bender

I hope you've got a Europhile Tory MP or are in a Tory Safe seat because otherwise you're being silly.

The Tories are United in delivering Brexit.

*tips fedora*

Rubberbandits cucks!

The problem is in what kind of Brexit they want

BRB, off to get some free food from the food bank. You'd be a mug not to - it's free. You can spend the money you save on bitches and weed.

If your MP is like based Bone, you have no excuse.

I'd like to see more of this
> UKIP and TORY Pact
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4458006/amp/Tory-MP-strikes-election-pact-Ukip.html

twitter.com/JPY_Kurdish/status/858844252327084032

Why does your 'politicians are shit' argument not apply to ones at the EU level? The only differences between rules being made at UK level and EU level is EU ones are far harder for UK person to change. EU doesn't produce perfect laws either. Shit fishing quotas made by EU meant an entire continent was forced by law to throw tons of dead fish back into sea. It took about 30 years for them to fix it

Reminder to be a Lib dem voting technocrat

> leave only got a majority

And Mummy May will win 70% of seats in parliament on 45% of the vote.

This
TO ALL THOSE VOTING TORY, RESEARCH YOUR MP. IF THEY ARE A REMAINER OR TRAITOR IN GENERAL THEN DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR VOTE

>16 and 17 year olds
>voting
>ever

I didn't get a vote in 2010 when I was 17. Why should future generations? How is that fair?

Yeah. The more local the decision making, the better. When we repatriate powers, May wants to devolve as much as possible. This will give Scotland powers they will never have in the EU and thus make it an anti-Indy choice to join.

> Britain is too small to stand alone
> G7 member
> Japan stands alone

I don't remember a vote to enter the EU desu. Huge constitutional changes like Maastricht, no referenda.

As for simple pluralities, the Heath government that took us into the EU only got 30% of the electorate supporting it.

not allowed to vote:
>people not living in the UK
>other europeans living in the UK
>kids

> this is remainer "logic"

Fucking pakis reeee

>Sovereignty is just an emotional argument with no foundation. Sovereignty is a very nebulous concept
No it's not. It's a necessary condition for the existence of a nation state. And it's not nebulous at all. Either national society has control over executive, legislature and judiciary, or it does not. It literally could not be simpler or more clearly defined as a concept.

>trading with other countries
You don't need to relinquish sovereignty to do that. The human race has been trading for tens of thousands of years and never dreamt of it.

>I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in "our" government making a better job of regulation than the EU or any other body
No one does. But WHY would you rather be governed by a group of people who have absolutely zero democratic accountability to you, than a group who you and a relatively smaller electorate can hold to account through elections. It doesn't make sense. Who do you think governs the EU and writes all the legislation? Bureaucrats beholden to lobbyists and international bankers with no fear of an electorate whatsoever.

>It is pure fantasy to think we would be better off with total sovereignty.
It's not. It's literally what we, together with the other 168 countries in the world that are not in the EU, will have in 2 years, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

>Our politicians really aren't any more clever than any others.
Who cares. If they were the dumbest niggers on the planet, they'd still be our politicians. At least we have the power to remove them by vote.

I like how it assumes all those excluded from voting would have gone for remain

The way the EU are acting at the moment the only thing on offer is a hard Brexit, as Merkel said the liberals and left are "delusional" in thinking they can get a good soft Brexit. It's not going to happen. The Tories are most likely to be better negotiators though, can you imagine the current shadow Labour cabinet in charge? Propped up by the Lib Dems and the SNP, we would be the lauhging stock of Europe.

dropped some redpills on israel, je-bankers and globalism on this article

theguardian.com/media/2017/may/01/social-media-firms-should-be-fined-for-extremist-content-say-mps-google-youtube-facebook#comment-97641009

they got removed.

Please put your trip back on YKTD, we all miss you.

Who else is ashamed of their country and considers it just a matter of time before it's carved up between Carribeans, Muslims and Polish?

>We waz Romans
And we are again

in this comment i didn't even say anything that was that "bad"

something along the lines of

>how many authotarian regimes are there in the world? how many of them fully co-operate with globalism, the banks and the international markets?

didn't even mention Hitler ffs

Note that this is all the left trying to suck up to Miliband in hope, at the time, of entering a coalition.

UKIP and Tories were not there.

Tories are more euroskeptic in general that Sup Forums suggests. Many are more aligned with UKIP but are Tory because in a FPTP system frankly it's useless running as a UKIP candidate.

Just look at nations that exercise their Sovereignty, the likes of Russia and North Korea. It is literally illegal under the United States legislated and enforce global rule of law to exercise national sovereignty.

They further this goal with repeated invasions of the middle east and threats of violence, and the cucks of this board celebrate it.

Thank goodness Blair is stepping in to bring us back to our senses.

i mean why do they have to be so damned blatant?

maybe hitler was right when he said "there are no other race that are inherently stupid as the jews"

God that shit was funny

youtube.com/watch?v=LWfouFEROlY

if the general public do not absolutely BTFO him on his question time appearance i will be so fucking disappointed

Why are there two?

>tfw Nige didn't win his seat
It's all gone up from there, but damn I was in tears that day

When's he going on QT?

Oh boy someone will say something about the Iraq war and it'll all kick off.

Might be worth watching for once.

He is going on QT? Why? Out of the 600 sitting MP`s is the BBC struggling?

Sorry lads, I was just assuming that such a huge political figure would indeed be invited on the show even just as the guest figure usually reserved for comedians or journalists. I reckon it's pretty likely but i have no sauce

who does he block the road

There is no way on earth that Blair would be stupid enough to go on QT.

If you do get a source then it will be time to make one of those online petitions to say no to war criminals appearing on QT

>posting on The Guardian

Find a hobby, lad.

>They further this goal with repeated invasions of the middle east and threats of violence, and the cucks of this board celebrate it.
The fuck are you talking about. You know nothing about this board. The vast majority were opposed to Trump's bombing of Syria and considered it a major betrayal that outed him as a neocon kike puppet. Lurk more newfag. Maybe if you actually did that instead of coming here and shitting out your copypasta all over our thread you'd understand that instead of whatever strawman the media's put in your brainwashed head.

youtube.com/watch?v=EXuV64hp4dk

youtube.com/watch?v=xbfbQ5EQCr4

youtube.com/watch?v=HkJPdu19tAk

I think if you are going to post on the Guardian you do need to sink to their level of vocab. Truth bombs aint it.

>I was just assuming
And what happens when you assume things user? Its makes an ASS out of U and ME

The larger the Tory majority, the more wriggle room May has to betray the Brexit vote. The smaller her majority, the more she is reliant on backbench Brexit-supporting MPs for her survival.

Large Tory majority = soft or no Brexit

Small Tory majority = hard Brexit

>Lurk more
>newfag.
Leave those at the door. This is brit/pol/. Jump right in and make a fool of yourself and come back tomorrow a little bit wiser when all is forgotten.

Lads, there's a house near me who had a remain sign up during the EU referendum and now has a labour sign up.
What do?

>goes into full autismo
>uses newfag as an insult
>either misuses "copypasta" or doesn't knew what it is

Fucking calm down spacker, their is a large amount of support here for bombing Syria, pressuring the Norks and generally pissing off sovereign nations in general.

Some veritable luminaries you've linked there user.

Send pro UKIP and Conservative leaflets and memes through their letter box every day

Use your real IP

Dogshit smeared on their door handle

Call the police and say you spotted Madeline McCann there

redbubble.com/shop/pm theresa may stickers

keep putting mummy may stickers on their sign

>Vote Tory. Ensure hard Brexit.
Wew what? Shariah May is wanting to get a massive, easy win so she can go for a soft brexit with less blacklash. Still, Tories are the best bet for now just don't delude yourself lad.

>their is a large amount of support here for bombing Syria, pressuring the Norks and generally pissing off sovereign nations in general.

Pretty much just T_D

post blair memes

but he's going to want to throw his weight behind the labour movement somehow and QT is a big opportunity to really hammer out some lies

>tfw I didn't even check the links

Jesus fucking Christ (You) fucking faggot.

I did not bother to hover. Styx the man who gets paid 2.5 grand monthly for talking shit with no script. A genius for doing that but not for anything else.

Would do this but their sign is inside their house.

He has to go around with a team of 6 + body guards everywhere he goes so unless they put up one of those American style bullet proof glass shields in front of his seat I can't see him going on it.

Give me one good reason why I should not hover over that blue triangle by your post. Low level shit poster. Even I would not stoop so low and I shit post constantly.

I quite like Styx desu - not a bad gig with that income.

They're some of the biggest Sup Forumsacks newfags. Find a single known Sup Forumsack who supported the Syria bombing in text or video.

And here's one more person that celebrated

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/07/donald-trump-syria-strike-tim-farron-assad-chemical-weapons-theresa-may

Burn it down. BURN IT ALL.

I liked to watch styx last year upto the result but after that no reason. Informative to me who knows very little about US politics but that is all over. Plus he must be rolling in cash now so is a bit greedy in my book.

click the triangle faggot, then spend some more time thinking how much of a shit life you have

>implying Assad isn't supported by 90%+ of Sup Forums

/r/ the young Blair rambling on about free will image.

>their is a large amount of support here for bombing Syria
For bombing ISIS maybe, not Assad.

>pissing off sovereign nations in general
That's got nothing whatsoever to do with the issue of whether sovereignty is or is not a good thing to have.

>either misuses "copypasta" or doesn't knew what it is
I thought you were this guy.

What's stopping someone throwing/shooting something from the side/back?

hmmmm

Secret service

I wasn't arguing if it was good or bad, I was just pointing out that it's practically obsolete in G L O B A L BRITAIN and the USA's progression towards international law enforced by their military regardless of concent.

I can`t and I wont bother but I do remember big discussion and that does not happen if everyone agrees. In fact I argued that the bombing was for the Chinese so they could go back to N Korea and show what Trump might do. In that respect it was quite a good thing to do.
My point is you should not tell people to lurk or call the newfags because that is shill speak and old pol talk. Times have changed and this being a British part of pol we should at least use the typical British culture of getting fucked off with each other but instantly forgetting about it.

I like the content of Styx and PJW - I wasn't commenting on their positions on the Syria bombing.

Kek typical brit cuck kike

>It's not. It's literally what we, together with the other 168 countries in the world that are not in the EU, will have in 2 years, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

So you didn't read my post then. Most of these 168 countries lose soverignty in the form of FTAs, membership of the UN, membership of NATO, and the many other international courts and communities. There isn't a single country besides maybe North Korea that doesn't adhere to some form of international law.

>Times have changed and this being a British part of pol we should at least use the typical British culture of getting fucked off with each other but instantly forgetting about it.

Aye

hmmm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assassination_attempts_on_Adolf_Hitler

The US tries hard to ignore most international laws. It rarely signs any of the agreements.