Why did we give up our voice inside the EU if we wanted it reformed?

Why did we give up our voice inside the EU if we wanted it reformed?

Other urls found in this thread:

adevarul.ro/economie/bani/bilantul-economic-celor-10-ani-intrarea-romaniei-ue-ne-a-ajutat-uniunea-europeana-1_590340aa5ab6550cb8a021de/index.html
bbc.com/news/world-europe-39766334
youtu.be/dS6hQQ2pyco
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Ukraine–European_Union_Association_Agreement_referendum,_2016
youtube.com/watch?v=4HhpYy84SS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If it makes you feel better, Macron wants the EU to reform as well or face Frexit. Now they've got no chance of jewing out.

I'm not sure that France will leave, they'll be more powerful than the Germans once we're gone (at least in the Council)

EU cannot be reformed the same way Soviet Union could not be reformed. They just wiped it out and started from scratch.

Kidos one simple question. What exactly you want to reform?

Sup Forums BTFO

How so?
You don't see the masses starving in the streets, no? Besides, current Russia is also down the shitter.

You will see how he will change his mind as soon as they announce he won the second round

Did you have any reforms in mind?

Your choices a far as I can tell were to keep it or kick it.

Trump style?

Because we want to see it fall from a distance.

Russia is in a far better position than it was 25 years ago. Obviously you cannot revert almost 80 years of communism overnight.

That's still 25 years. We're also doing much better.

Recovering from communism in 25 years seems like a hell of an accomplishment to me

No matter what reforms are implemented, you will always remain a shitty, poor version of Germany.

Because EU cannot be reformed. It's a total farce.

See Treaty of Lisbon, for example.

Sup Forums is a pro-remain board

Describe "recover". Because to me it seems like we still live in a same poor shitholes with no future.

>Macron
>Coherent promises

top kek. He's a literal globalist puppet just fishing for votes by promising everyone completely conflicting policies.

They weren't going to listen to us anyway it would have been like support teachers for mongs making them feel special but it would be for us making us think we were doing something when we really weren't. The Eu got full of itself and is showing its cracks now leaving was the best thing we could have done to make change in the EU. You cant teach a senile old cunt new tricks.

I come from north eastern Italy. Russians used to migrate there to work as caretakers and factory workers. Now they come for shopping.

Puppet or no, he has a very good chance of winning.

Yeah, Macron also said he wants to lower taxes and raise spending, I'm sure his promises are very competent and he's not just saying whatever people want to hear at all.

>our voice inside the EU
you never had one, or at least you did but it didn't matter

>Now they come for shopping.

Do you mean Slovenians? Because it sound ridiculous that Russians would get visas just to fly to italy for a box of condoms and a pair of socks.

It was enough to make the EU expand eastwards and take in the Post-Communistans so I like them.

He did that, didn't he? Oh well, let's see what the future will hold.

We should thank the EU for that one. They're surprisingly good at making sure you don't waste their gibs. We often get news about how EU helped this or that. Memes aside, it's very helpful.

He's probably referencing the "New Russians" or however the fuck they call them. After the Soviet Union went boom-boom the country got looted by oligarchs and western banks. Those fuckers can afford a lot of shit.

No man, i mean proper russians. Last time i was home couple of weeks ago there were packs of 50-60 of them coming out of buses every day.

Yeah it works for poor and backward countries because they're getting development funds from the rich ones in return for... migrants?

True about gibs, but what happens when they run out? 2020 is the last year when we will receive EU gibs here in Lithuania.

Could be

revert it back to a simple trade agreement or burn the thing down. i'm personaly hoping for the ue to burn before it can get its tiny german hands on an eu-army.

> We often get news about how EU helped this or that. Memes aside, it's very helpful.
What the fuck are you smoking, brother? We have one of the poorest EU fund absorption rate in the Union, and most of their funds go into either art/cultural projects or environmental initiatives. I'd truly appreciate if you could show me exactly where the EU helped the average citizen inside our own country.
In exchange, here's what happened: we got sold. Just like Greece.For instance 40% of our arable lands are now sold. Most of our workforce works either for the government or for private, foreign companies. Our own private companies have been sold out. We're more or less owned by the west, Germany and Austria in particular.
You're like the delusional servant who thinks that because the Master doesn't beat him every night, he has a good life when he gets a crumb.

Trained migrants that can start working right away. Gyppo memes aside, we're starting to have a problem because of how many people leave. At least we're getting something in return. If the EU collapsed, then we'd get jack-shit. And the drain would intensify since many faggots stay here because they think it will get better.

Macron is pretty much a banker proxy he won't change a thing internally. Besides, France has been Germany's fuckboy for a while now.

We didn't want it reformed, the whole concept is flawed to it's very core. We wanted it to die.

There is no reform possible because krauts did not want all the European debts to merge and the central bank able to emit an Eurobond. So the EU project is doomed to fail.

isn't france selling you your own fucking water?

>we're starting to have a problem because of how many people leave
Yeah. The problem isn't WHY people leave it's that they leave, right?
>At least we're getting something in return
What?
>many faggots stay here because they think it will get better.
I see, so whoever isn't a rat that abandons ship and their family is a faggot. I'm beginning to understand your mindset. You're an "European citizen" aren't ya?

The way the EU Council works is that France-Italy-Spain-Romania form one voting bloc and Germany alone forms another.
Germany only gets its proposals passed through the Council against the French because the presence of the UK (that represents its own pole voting no on everything) allows the Germans to form temporary majorities.
If the UK leaves France will dominate the Council forever, because no one votes alongside the Germans

That sounds illogical. Maybe the shop crosses the route of some kind traveling destination. Average Russian is poorer than pretty much all of Easter Europeans.

So I don't see the reason why would Russians make visas just to buy some ahit from Italy unless they are on vacation.

Sauce?
What i have heard about Macron is like the complete opposite of what you're saying

I could go through the list of shit that are manufactured on the cheap in Romania to be sold back to us but it would depress me as it does every time.
The EU has made Romania into one of the Mexico countries of Europe - a very cheap labor market, after buying up all our national businesses.

Could you explain more about this?

Ni
adevarul.ro/economie/bani/bilantul-economic-celor-10-ani-intrarea-romaniei-ue-ne-a-ajutat-uniunea-europeana-1_590340aa5ab6550cb8a021de/index.html

Nah, my parents told me to get the hell outta here since I was little.

bbc.com/news/world-europe-39766334

I agree on the "sold out" part. I feel the same about my country. But surely eu gibs at least modernized infrastructure?

It can't be reformed. It was doomed from the start.

youtu.be/dS6hQQ2pyco

"they gave me a turd on a gold plate, i thank them for the gold plate."

Why Italy is so dissatisfied?

Good thing France will elect le pen, right, France?

Much better than only getting a turd then being forced to work to pay it off, no? It's still gold at the end of the day.

Leaving the EU will eventually lead to it being reformed or just blow up.

Good job I guess.

Did you even read the article you sent me? None of those improvements are proven to be the direct cause of EU intervention, in fact, it even accounts for the things I described above. They run our country on the promise of "funds" that never truly appear and when they do they go into art/cultural projects.
The article even admits to the fact that EU legislation has been introduced in our country making us, blatantly, a sub-state of the Empire.
All that aside, if you spent some time reading the article, instead of just quickly googling it - you'd see that it's absurd on its face since it describes the EU as a cure-of-all-ills deal.
Again, the article simply states that all those changes are because of us joining the EU - a great example of the falacy that correlation implies causation. No mention of the fact that we don't govern ourselves, that most of our businesses are bought out, that we have no real decisions in governing our country (very clearly shown in the Basescu impeachement debacle when the court in Brussels directly intervened to lay down the law).
>Nah, my parents told me to get the hell outta here since I was little.
Running from your problems doesn't solve them. They should have known that.
We still have news of the potholes in most cities. Highway projects going under all the time. It's almost a national joke at this point. The infrastructure is as fucked as ever, except, of course, the foreign companies that set base here.
>Much better than only getting a turd then being forced to work to pay it off, no? It's still gold at the end of the day.
This is the submissive mindset you need to get rid of. There is the third option of saying "fuck you and your turd and gold plate" but that never enters your mind. To you, subservience is acceptable as long as you get a pat on the head after being fucked in the ass.

Every time you hear by some politicians "we need more Europe" (in the sense of the United State of Europe) or "we need to reform EU" they are basically asking for more EU integration (aka countries that give away even more sovereignity).

With the banking reform last year now there are only two other "reforms" possible in EU:
1) An EU army but we did not have a government so who will be in charge?Also the French will handle their nuclear codes to some "ministry" of defence of Europe?I Highly doubt that.
2) All the countries public debts need to merge to create a european public debt financed by the ECB. Like the FED can emit a U.S. treasury note the ECB will be able to emit Eurobonds.

there are 2 problems:
1) Krauts constitution did not allow more EU integration than what we actually have.
2) Krauts did not want to merge all the public debts because they dont want to pay other european countries debts.

So thats it...EU did not work but its not reformable anymore/the project cant be furthered more. So it simply will continue to not-work collapsing southern (and French) economies even more.
So...maybe in a couple of years, maybe 5, maybe 10?But the EU is doomed to fall apart.

we don't want it reformed

we want it destroyed

Because democracy was a mistake.

You can't repair a building while it's burning down... all you can do is try to convince others to get out before it collapses.

This. Southern Europe has always worked perfectly with dictatorships.

I'm well aware the Americans would want it destroyed... however I'm not at all certain that's in the best interests of the peoples of Europe

because they were never allow you to reform it since UK was already in the EU with a fuckton of exceptions like cough cough keeping the pound and control over your own monetary policy cough

It feels like youre implying something here. No matter what - easter euro countries are dead. Especially those countries who have euro as a currency. We are condemned to wait until EU is destroyed and slowly bleed off in the process, or commit a literal suicide by leaving, and then live on par as Ukraine.

See/thread

I don't see why a democratic union should take umbrage over members wanting their own decisions

not if the turd i forced on you. see the referendums that the netherland had. ( Dutch European Constitution referendum, 2005 and en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Ukraine–European_Union_Association_Agreement_referendum,_2016 )

>democratic union
kek

>This is the submissive mindset you need to get rid of. There is the third option of saying "fuck you and your turd and gold plate" but that never enters your mind. To you, subservience is acceptable as long as you get a pat on the head after being fucked in the ass.

Yeah? And then what happens? Next time you will get 2 turds on a cardboard plate. And after that? 3 turds smeared on your face.

They EU will come back to England - armed
Anglos will pay

EU will soon crash and burn. Can not happen soon enough desu

>Next time you will get 2 turds on a cardboard plate
You're still being subservient. DO YOUR OWN SHIT. Stop waiting for fucking handouts. Jesus Christ, is it that hard for you to realize that you don't NEED outside help if you sort your own shit out?
The biggest myth the EU forced down the throats of Europeans is that you're too dumb/weak to make it on your own or at the very least that you have no bargaining power - just bend over. It's a lie.

>The biggest myth the EU forced down the throats of Europeans is that you're too dumb/weak to make it on your own or at the very least that you have no bargaining power - just bend over. It's a lie.
How are aging European nations the size of small American states supposed to compete with the US, Russia or an Asia of five and a half billion by 2050?

> compete
Let's have them (us) take care of their own fucking citizens first before trying to play world monopoly out of our league.

Perhaps compete was the wrong word, but there's no possibility of us turtling and ignoring the world without putting ourselves at risk

> no possibility of us turtling and ignoring the world without putting ourselves at risk
I agree. I'm not an isolationist, I doubt any country truly can be. But for small countries like Romania, the world stage is all but unimportant. Not that it's not important, but, realistically, we have little role to play except a strategic point for big players like the US.
I'm fine with economic treaties, military pacts (I think it's fair to pay your fair share of 3% GDB to have the US as a bodyguard for instance) and so on. But that's a far cry from having your country literally owned by (((Bruxelles & co))), while most of your youth and hard workers flee the country because their skills and hard work mean shit here (to give you a perspective. Romania is a country of roughly 20 million people, somewhere over 3 million have left...).

It’s because the union is not based on the democratic decisions of its member states. the member states can't even propose laws. only the commission can. then one person of your country that you voted for (well of course if you voted for the fucker) and 27 others you did not vote for nor know who they are( because why would you need to, they are from different countries, a leader of one country shouldn't have effect on laws of your country) vote on something that will affect you , again Dutch referenda

I don't want the EU reformed. I want it disbanding, and I want us to get our empire back.

while your at it why not get rid of that lizard you call a queen?

Not gonna happen, Anglo.
Maybe even Scottland will stab you in the back, just like in the good ole days of the 100 years war

the tori number are rising in scotland thou , not as big as the SNP but still rising.

>he hasn't taken the monarchypill

>Not gonna happen, Anglo.
I wish it would. We should have taken your side during the war, that way we would have been able to preserve our Empire. At least in some form, anyway.
>Scotland
>Leaving
>Ever
Scotland is our battered housewife. She'll cry, and scream, but she knows deep down that she can never leave us. They're too weak to stand on their own legs. All they have on us is a bit of oil that is quickly running out.
I don't mind the queen. Even if she is a German.

youtube.com/watch?v=4HhpYy84SS4

Yeah it's unlikely. There is too much Anglo blood in Scots. You can't dress up a pile of shit.

You realize what Britain means? It's the main Island. There is no "Anglos" and "Scots", there is just the British and manky foreigners that come here to rape our women.

eu ? reform ?
baaahahaha

no chance. Best we can hope for is it accepts the need to peacefully dissolve

There's a real chance Scotland leaves because of brexit, only thing that'll stop another Indy Ref in the coming years will be tories picking up seats from the SNP in this election

"peacefull dissolve" hahahahaha. not with how the eu is handeling this shit. asking for money from the uk , trying to give a sovereign nation to spain , FUCKING SPAIN , while the vast majority from that country does not want to be under spanish rule.
and all that when the negotiations aren't even 3 months underway.

!VOTE UKIP!