What is the most profound thing this man has taught you?

What is the most profound thing this man has taught you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zoass6XxJwk?t=2m50s
selfauthoring.com/purchase.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FpkPuE3y9UU
youtube.com/watch?v=faeT4fIFAcg
youtube.com/watch?v=gob8XA6qsHo
youtube.com/watch?v=HeUjYzyh5v8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Religion might actually have some value, despite classic notions of god be clearly false.

Bump

1) The root difference between left and right in politics is borders. Generally speaking, the left dislikes borders, and the right likes them. Not just national and political borders, but interpersonal borders and regimented systems. It's even reflected in the mind: the left values feeling more, and the right values thinking more.

2) Meaning is the boundary between the known and unknown, between chaos and order, in the conscious mind.

that you should dedicate your life to striving for the highest value, which is killing all niggers, shitskins and neomarxist scum.

He gave me the key to reconciling my deep respect for religion and my scientific mind.

His explainations of temperament and politics really does reflect a transcendence of the normal political spectrum

Clean your room.

I never cared about this guy but recently he kept coming up in my recommended videos on YouTube.

These
>plus, saving my father from the belly of the whale

that one can recover one's hairline through dietary change alone

I have been an extreme type A personalty my entire life, it's been a two decade burden on my life and listening to peterson made me stop fearing chaos so much. Just his maps of meaning and some thinking on my own part did what countless hours of therapy failed to do for me. I'm truly grateful, i should probably reach out and thank him.

Autismo old man won't stop appearing in my recommended videos. I won't watch his shit on principle now. I don't need some old beta nerd telling me how to live my lide. Fuck this dude.

Personal. Responsibility.

youtu.be/zoass6XxJwk?t=2m50s

That suffering for your beliefs is the alternative to suffering because you abandoned your beliefs.

>might

Wow, JBP got a hair transplant. Kek.

Don't support dipshits on youtube that don't have a real job.
Telling me to change my life when he makes money from YouTube. Smart.

The core of Peterson’s criticism lay in the charge that the Alt Right is incomplete. “The purpose of identification with the Father is to become the Son…and the problem with Nationalism is that it forgets that, it forgets that the purpose of the nation is to give rise to the individual.”

He revealed the one true meaning of life when talking with Stefan. He simply said "I tell my first year students to look around their house when they go home and to 'set things right' there" this is profound yet simple in that it's a personal meaning to life disguised as an activity. So more or less he taught me the meaning of life is to "set things right".

The meaning of life is to undo everything you find wrong and to do everything that leads to what you find to be right regardless of fear and discomfort. How to decide what is and is not right is another story though. This simple and profound "set things right" is a way of life that can be applied to all people. It can be applied to all people and that is one of the requirements in my mind for the purpose of life. Anyway, just simple and profound truth comes from his mouth I have great respect for him.

Sorting myself out

I need to murder my father to get a gf or something

Do you even know who he is, you fucking fat cunt?

>doesn't have a real job
JBP is a clinical psychologist/professor/researcher

That Sup Forums is a bunch of easily impressionable LARPers who will give up the fight at the first taste of Deepak Chopra level boomer nonsense

Fix my life? Why didn't I think of that...oh because it's CULTURALLY AND ECONOMICALLY PROHIBITIVE and that's what we should be fixing!

i hate this revolting obsession with places and spaces, lines and borders -- of all types, in all strata of being. continental bullshit.

getting real tired of this clown tbqh

the importance of sorting yourself out

>being taught by anyone
>not already knowing it all

looks more like his forelock receded as well

that it's wrong to eat my children

>cleaning your room is culturally and economically prohibitive

sawt yawself awt

I like his view on the genesis story and other mythological stories. It's a little long to get into here but you can watch em on youtube

>I'm extreme left

good for you

suck a dick singh

>wah wah wah

He has good points of view but he is completely naive in the "sort yourself out" shit before you sort out the world. We need to spill blood bigly

sorting yourself out sounds easy but is hard if you've been unsorted for a long time. And I don't think it's worth it t b h

smartest self help guru ever.
he will talk for an hour, use his position of authority as a professor and when you made it through the hour, he makes lauches the call-to-action. buy a sortyourself plan user, just 15 bucks bro.

I also admire how he managed to double his 6 digit income (ignoring ad revenue here) via patreon gifts.

Biggest lesson here: the internet is full of losers with shitty lives which you can sell stuff. people are stupid.

Become your own philosophers stone, clean your room whilst waiting for better times, you are magic, friendship is magic

No way. It wouldn't have receded so uniformly and it wouldn't be so thick.

You advocate rash stupidity. See pic here:

he's given out thousands for free
I think you can still get a free trial for 1 week with code word PEPE

are you one of those people who watches twitch.tv streamers get donations and cries in the corner due to jealousy?

buying into this self-help bullshit is. the most important thing is to think! not cleaning your fucking room! why on earth should i acquiesce to a system that is an existential threat to my existence? why should i hold myself to values that have no meaning whatsoever? his bullshit falls apart the very second you question the very fabric of society itself, which you should be doing if you are lurking here.

>I have no idea what I'm talking about.

t. (You)

Free speech = Hate speech

He made me return to religion. I still don't believe in miracles, but religions do more good than bad if they're organized right.

>cleaned room
what do?

>buy a sortyourself plan user, just 15 bucks bro.

If by 15 bucks you mean free.

FREE FUTURE AUTHORING
Go here: selfauthoring.com/purchase.html
Get "future authoring" ($14.95)
Use discount code PEPE
Free future authoring!

giving a somewhat useful tool to sort myself out (maps of meaning talks).

and lots of awesome interviews to listen to.

Like standing one foot in the known and with another foot in the known, or the dao and that is somehow evolutionary and like really healthy and thus even though religions are clearly based on superstition you can like use their heritage in a profound way to like...figure things out, even though there would be much more direct approaches, like trying to look at things how they really are... or something.

[spoiler]This guy's a mumbling idiot using too many words to say too little [/spoiler]

Making me realize, as a former die-hard atheist, that religion has value. He lays out the metaphysical truths that are contained within for example christianity, and argues that religion and science are not necessarily incompatible, because science is knowledge about the physical world and religion is knowledge about how to live.

And before any of you cunts start trashing JBP, actually watch some of his lectures on YouTube.

>clean your room
which one? they're all clean because I'm crazy

blow me, nigger

>somebody else is responsible for my life besides me
you were the one who drank the boomer kool-aid. boomers told you the world is equal, fair, and everybody gets rewarded. that's WRONG. the world isn't equal or fair and you get nothing except what you take for yourself. petersons ideology is pretty much the polar opposite of what boomer fucks say.

they're all about the sexual revolution hippie crap while peterson is telling you the brutal truth about life and how only you can help you. boomers want you to believe everything is good, fair and equal, but you're to blame because you didn't get whats rightfully yours cause equality and altruism existed for them so it does for you too. it's a mind trick so you're all worried about how everything actually isn't fair and you didn't get what you thought was yours.IT WASN'T EVER YOURS. that's just so you're confused and never look inward.

i am not aware of twitch and what goes on there, but i do resent feminist-activist types getting free money just for stating that they are victims somehow someway.

That a solid, rational, beautiful and heroic life is both the product and the justification for real morality.

That being "good" to people isn't an obligation or a tool to wield, that speaking the truth is how you succeed in action.

>muh cleaned room
>muh slayed dragon
>muh slay dragon through peace man

JORDAN PETERSON IS A KEK

Religon has no more value than fairy tales and other good stories. Far as I've heard, Peterson has said more profound things about Pinnochio than about Xtianity.

His weakness is that, because he lives in academia, he has lost touch with how average people believe. Christians don't look at their religion as a series of valuable myths, (some) atheists do. Christians believe literally. The pressure and practice of believing literally is infantalizing and damaging.

I. Christianity promotes truth-seeking and the idea of divine reason, the logos (know the truth through articulate speech). That is why christian philosophy is at the core of western civilization and paved way for the enlightenment.

II. When pure reason pushed back the mythic-archetipal structure of the religious context, the west became more irrational instead of more rational. Totalitarianism and nihilism rise as consequence.

III. The root of evil in communism and its modern progressive variant is the lie. USSR was a society built on collective lies. One man (Solzhenitsyn) with the courage to speak the truth can be enough to bring down an evil system.

Cleaning my room still hasn't stopped my habit of falling asleep crying while listening to animal collectives in the flowers

He isn't out of touch and he himself says he doesn't go to church so he won't hear people saying words they don't believe, specially when he knows what they actually mean.

the location of the "incorporate your shadow" and the "sort yourself out" texts on that image should be swapped

Men weasels for putting their needs and wants first.

That you can make $300,000 a year from millennial rubes just uploading some poorly made videos listing self help clichés with a fatherly voice.

To give up because nothing matters.

Bill Nye has taught me many things as a child growing up, but recently I've come to dislike him due to his political stance on sex.

>animal collectives in the flowers

Looked it up. Absolue trash. Find something better user.

youtube.com/watch?v=FpkPuE3y9UU

His hairline definitely hasn't come down again to the level of the former forelock, though. It also seems his temples have receded even further. He really has quite the forehead these days. Maybe you're right and he had some thinning filled in. I think he's just very slowly receding though.

Justin Trudeau could beat the shit out of that pasty, pale, scrawny faggot named Jordan Peterson.
Guy looks like he never hits the gym and can't lift 5 lbs.
I'd put money on Justin Trudeau, kicking the SHIT out of this Peterson faggot loser.
Guy looks like shit. He looks UNHEALTHY
Justin Trudeau looks way better and healthier than some basement dwelling, pasty,pale, scrawny, skinny fat professor.
Trudeau could beat the fuck out of that loser.

you're a professor in Canada who makes over 200,000 a year teaching, has their own private clinic and a Patreon, moving does sound easy, cause they can afford it.

Why are you shilling a rich professor while telling people to not worry about money in your "iron pill" shit memes?

You're a faggot Peterson shill, or Peterson.

God I can't believe I actually wrote this shit
t. baldfag

>'Christians don't look at their religion as a series of valuable myths, (some) atheists do. Christians believe literally. The pressure and practice of believing literally is infantalizing and damaging.'

100% agree. Also why I would still consider myself an atheist.

I bought all his programs. All those fuckers complaining will spend that money instead on some kike Hollywood movie ticket and feel smug about it.

I recommend everyone here to buy it. Best 30$ I invested, he will also do a bible series funded by that cash.

This is true. I trained as a STEM fag. Now I'm an artist making marketing materials for a multinational corp. My dad got me the job, and then after that the CEO saw some of my "art" and was so impressed he put me in charge of marketing. Pic related.

I know, it's like we're gay or something.

I don't believe in the miracles of the Bible. Religion is a form of social control, but you have to get people to buy into it to use social control. Miracles, heaven, hell, and the promise of salvation are all ways to get people to buy into it.

That being said, religions are a good basis for community, and they can build character if they're used right. In the best circumstances, a well functioning church can build good people and good civilizations.

well take a page from the jewish book and capitalize on a business opportunity you filthy communistic nigger

Have you seen the Karen Straughan response video? It's great.

youtube.com/watch?v=faeT4fIFAcg

>that's just so you're confused and never look inward
I'm a third-eye havin motherfucker, motherfucker and contrary to popular opinion the outside world IS A PROBLEM. You'll find that out when you try to DO LITERALLY ANYTHING!!!

and no you're not the only person that can help you. It takes tons of fuckers. If you got asthma you need smart niggers to make the medicine and politicians to HOPEFULLY keep the cost low BUT NOOOO!!!! Grow up and you'll forget all about this ride the tiger bullshit and learn to hate again

He has disparaged atheism/antitheism, calling it something a "smart child" can accomplish, as though the vast majority of Abrahamists aren't literalists.

>he doesn't go to church so he won't hear people saying words they don't believe

This is an example of him being out of touch, if I'm reading correctly. He doesn't think the people in church believe what they're saying. But they do believe. They are literalists. It appears he finds this inconceivable.

Plus Trudeau is a bog. He's got connections to Aliens.

>defending trudeau

ur probably someone who takes offense to this image

That is absolutely right. Unfortunately I don't have the means to fix it.

this.
people are arguing the wrong thing about religion

that Sup Forums is easily impressed by pandering pseudointellectuals

That god is the conscious manifestation of our enlightenment and a form of expressing our deep and complex brain structure, not acknowledging this fact would cause you to blind yourself from our power lvl and deny the achievements of those who tried to decipher the secret messages that evolution has embedded in us and philosophers and thinkers have tried to expose consequently producing a better life style and contributing to our existence and expansion into the infinite.
OWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAA

I'll trade you my randomercam for your straughan
youtube.com/watch?v=gob8XA6qsHo

collectivist retards don't have a third-eye. if you did then you'd not even care if the entire world burns and simply move forward towards your own goals. instead you feel that society owes you and you need to go and make some utopia with others. you drank the koool aid and are a leftist who wants to overthrow others cause you're weak and scared.

if you get asthma you live with or die with it. humanity didn't have "smart niggers" holding there hand when they got here so why the fuck do you think you need to have your hand held? cause you're weak and scared of dying. you don't understand life. you still believe the shit boomers told you about equality, fairness, and goodness.

Every time a Jordumb Peterson thread is started, it's literally a miserable failure with zero replies.
Unless someone questions Peterson and then his shill army and chatbots come out in full force.
I bet this anti-Faggotson thread will get more replies than the failure thread with 0 replies that started 30 minutes and now archived.

HAW HAW HAW ya 55 year old loser NEET crack smoking leaf faggot fraud.

No, he also criticized the literal reading of the bible by people who think biblical truth is the same as scientific truth, which he makes a point on dividing because they're not the same at all.

He also said that criticizing religion purely on its scientific understandings when it is not written by scientists is something a child can do.

Read Alexis De Tocqueville's Democracy in America if you want to learn more about the value of religion and how it cures the ailments of Individualism and equality.

For better or worse we have to learn to live together and organise ourselves around each other. The reason for borders is in that the people on both sides of them are organized in fundamentally different ways. The reason for money is to have a relatively stable representation of the sacrifices we make to better our relationship with the nature of reality on the promise that others will honor that representation. None of this is for no reason, user, and its obviously flawed but thats why free societies that allow free speech grow their culture while saudi arabia is stuck in the dead past. Dialogue is the only way to update it. It is in no societys interests that people fail.

it's not Sup Forums, it's an autistic field trip from r/whoopigolbergs_mudflaps or some corner of crusty faggedness

I wish I had the original quote on hand. For all we know we're both remembering versions of it slightly altered by our own biases.

never to abandon Christianity if I want to save the white race

well, I already knew it, but his reasoning was brilliant

you are just a pile of shit killing other piles of shit at that point

I'm not the Irishman here m8

He got me to read Solzhenitsyn

>He has disparaged atheism/antitheism, calling it something a "smart child" can accomplish
>Implying he's wrong

Also, as someone who is actually religious, there are definitely a significant number of faux-religious people, and they're at least half the reason progressivism has the religious influence it does.

Vintage Peterson here. I love what he says about art and music.

youtube.com/watch?v=HeUjYzyh5v8

I watched an interview on youtube ..... JODRUMB THE CRACK SMOKING COMMIE FAGGOT PETERSON

Have you actually listened to his lectures? His viewpoint is that miracles, heaven, hell etc. are not meant literally, but are a way of telling a fundamental story about an ideal mode of being. From what I understand, this is actually a pretty sound argument, because philosophical reasoning for a long time historically was told via storytelling.

same.

F P B P
P
B
P