Why are all the best writers, poets and literary figures all British?

Why are all the best writers, poets and literary figures all British?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlovian_theory_of_Shakespeare_authorship
vevo.com/watch/david-bowie/tis-a-pity-she-was-a-whore-audio/USJT21600001
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_of_the_Red_Chamber
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Simply the greatest interest in the high arts. American literature is mostly garbage, Russian literature has some redeeming qualities but nothing on British.

English literature is simply overrated due to american jews controlling the media.

May it's because you fucking live in Britain and probably haven't read much of non-English literature?

because the anglo is superior

i think you mean, why are they all german

Keep telling that to yourself, kek.

Why are the English good with English?

I call Bait on this one, TS Eliot, while very anglophile indeed, was in fact a Yank.

but one of the better ones.

in fact, the best writers are all Irish. Now you know, Sup Forums

Friendly reminder that German literature isn't worth reading.

I says have a quick chuckle to myself when I'm in my local library, walk past the rows and rows of British and American literature and see that one solitary German shelf no one cares about.

Huh...

>ts eliot
>british national
>died in britain
>somehow american

Very interesting.

lel
Second best writer in the history of the world was Ibsen, after Shakespeare (I'l grant you that).

So Milton, marlowe, chaucer, Shakespeare, keats, swift, hardy, dickens etc were tattyniggers?

before reading literature you may want to learn how read more than the top lines of google search. As you bloody well ought to know by now, a passport isn't worth the paper it's printed on and is no more indicative of nationality than a badge from a MacDonald's happy meal.

Nigger plz.

great bunch of lads, to be sure, but a bit out of date. having said that, I am quite fond of the Bard, though I do prefer Marlowe myself.

I think you'll find the best writers and poets were Irish friends

also, Swift was Irish, thank you for proving my point.

Well he was called Shakespeare, sort of gives the game away...

British literature is perhaps the best, but American literature should be judged on its successes rather than its failures. Because the American system has a lower barrier of entry, crap reaches the mainstream easier.

With the exception of Shakespeare, Britain has no produced no better author than Twain.

Russian literature is overrated...

>Fyodor Dostoyevsky
>James Joyce
>Herman Melville

Anglo writers are for old ladies

There's a theory that marlowe actually wrote some of Shakespeare stuff following his suspicious death
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlovian_theory_of_Shakespeare_authorship

I don't buy it though, their styles are too different

Agreed Joyce was a true genius

whereas Ivan writes about murdering old ladies.

Tolstoy you fucking jew

Ohhhhhh, that's witty
Well played but still, no

Why *were

The UK sucks now.

Haha

Suckers!

“I did not attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.”

― Mark Twain

Swift
Stoker
Wilde
Joyce
C.S Lewis
W.B Yeats
Beckett
Shaw

They arent, you just hear about them more. Because poetry cant be translated and only truly touches people of the same nationality.

They were all black. William Shakespeare and Ben Johnson were black men. Even in other european nations they was black. Dante was a black man and so was Machiavelli.

Kill yourself

There is nothing special in british litterature except for Shakespeare who is their only great writer. They also totally shit in classical music.
Everything things brits do is taking something, dumb it down and resell it for max shekels, they killed music with pop trash

Das ryte

...because you only read books in english. Of course it is going to magically be a coincidence that to you the best wordsmiths are british. Your ex colonies havent even been countries for very long so you also get to take credit for those.

I don't want to stir the pot here, bud, but you do know that, with the exception of Joyce, that list is all Anglo-Irish?

Continental philosophy is also superior

agreed, too dissimilar. I like both though. also some of the Jacobean bodice-rippers are great: Tis Pity She's a Whore, The Revenger's Tragedy, and all that.

Ibsen are you kidding me? Hahah. Are you a (((feminist))) or something dolly?

My great great great (...) grandfather wrote 'tis a pity she's a whore.'

Why are the best poets/writers all American?
Ezra Pound, H.P.Lovecraft, Edgar Allen Poe, Herman Melville. Also T.S.Eliot was technically American by birth.

>implying that's a bad thing

Tolstoy was degenerate. Dostoyevsky>Tolstoy.

Not bad.

Huxley
Tolkien
HG Wells
Tennyson
Shelley
Conan-Doyle
Waugh
Orwell

so you're descended from the guy who wrote about fucking his sister and killing everyone else in the family? Nice dinner table conversation starter I would imagine, Mr or Ms Ford!

Orwell was a fuggin gommie m9. That's jewey as fugg.

you have a point: America Resurgens.
I would also like to mention the wonderful Thomas Ligotti, perhaps the best living author in the English language today. American. Let's be honest and give credit where due.

Yep.

Hemingway

Joyce is utter garbage. Ulysses is just shit slung together to make it look like the reader is the dumb one if they don't 'get it'. Dubliners is just lazy stories with no point to them.

just stating the difference (Dostoyevsky).
No implied judgement.

If you only know one language, the authors of your language will always seem better than the authers of other languages. Translations never carry the full impact.

British are shitty protestants, they can't be good

Orwell wrote Animal Farm, an critique of where a Communist Revolution ends up in the end.

I feel the same about those assholes David Foster Wallace and Thomas Pynchon. What's with Brits/Irish and pseudo jewey Marx shit?

WE

tell you what, I always suspected that the Korean flick OLd Boy was based on that play, but seemingly no speccy gimp in the arts journals or websites has ever spotted that. have a look for yourself. and don't forget your ancestor's legacy!

Read the Road to Wigam Pier or Down & Out in Paris and London--Orwell was gommie as fugg.

>Communist
>American

You could be right chinko boloba--you could be right.

Read Flann O'Brien, not Joyce.

you guys are pretty good. love me some sienkiewicz.

Sole reason is - because you say so.

Fuck off kike, the greatest writers of all will always be the Germans.

Hail Hitler

vevo.com/watch/david-bowie/tis-a-pity-she-was-a-whore-audio/USJT21600001

Will do

Because that the conflict, that should be explored literary.

Eliot is a descendant of the Anglo who came home to the Mother Isle

>brits being proud in the present age

I thought they were mostly Jews?

Always liked Stanislaw lem

Yes Ivan. You all seem fixated on conflict.
But hey, I quite like Erofeev and Pelevin.

you just posted an American fucktard

>born in le Yoo Ess uv Ayy

Don't make me break out my Captain Sweden folder, sven

Anything good from there is probably from Irish or Gaelic heritage. Look at Shakespeare, that ain't no Anglo-Saxon.

What do actual Russians read? I.e not Turgenev, Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky, etc.

But renounced his burger citizenship and became a brit. So he's ours now, tough shit

The Art of the Deal?

> You all seem fixated on conflict.
Name one book, popular in China, that goes without culmination or where culmination is not about the conflict.

He sucked anyways. 'The yellow smoke in the daffodils, round and round
My spoon dips on the coffee spills' etc. Half his shit he wrote under the direction of the superior Ezra Pound

>posts an american
>hasn't contributed anything in over a century
>pretended Joyce was irrelevant from sheer butthurt
O im laffin

Take it easy, Igor. But this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_of_the_Red_Chamber

I'm a Russian and my favorite Murcan author is Steinbeck.

Krokodil recipes

Because they're the only ones you've ever learned about.

Hue.

nope.

> What do actual Russians read?
What is the point of asking?

Nice book, but I have not read it yet. Only grasped parts from the hive soul.

Come on man.

Why are they all male too?

Who cares? I'm curious.

Rudyard Kippling
Specifically "the white mans burden"

There's a guy called William Shakespeare who was from around here that wasn't too bad.

strictly for intelligence purposes.

Hemingway wrote some good sentences but he was a gommie and that always ruins it for me.

WUZ

Best Pedophiles too.

>never read Hemingway
>makes assumptions about Hemingway

Please nigger--stop.