Cut down on 40 hour work week?

>40 hour work weeks (which take up 45 to 55 hours of your time work depending on your commute time and time to get ready every day) are outdated.
You hardly have time to focus on yourself much less your relationships with friends and family.

Im tired of devoting so much of my time to my job so I've started looking for a part time job that pays decently. Anyone here content with working full time?

You're not perfect.

Neoliberalism destroyed the labor movement, so there won't be shorter workweeks anymore.

I work 28 hours in retail most weeks and am fully self-sufficient.

Most people just don't know how to budget.

This
All you have to do is live in a shitty house, own a shitty car, and be jewish

>slaving away all day every day to make money for someone else until you're old and sick
>this was my life

How do you people not kill yourselves?

>Bosses
>Telling this to employees
>As if the economy would just sustain everyone being an employer

The more people adapt to your lifestyle, the less feasible it becomes.

Pretty much, only I don't own a car at all, I just walk or take the bus when I need to.

Working full time is cancer. I work in a shitty factory just for right now. It doesnt matter what job i have just busting my ass for mediocre pay sucks.

You either like your job and get paid well or you hate your life no in between. But its the only way to own a fucking house these days. Well especially where im living in cuckada.

How is leaf public transportation? I'm in michigan so only elderly niggers take the bus here. Everyone else drives themselves

I think eventually we'll have to abandon the full-time job system for most workers.

Some positions will still require it, but not most.

But doing so will require abandoning the full time / part time dychotomy, especially as relates to benefits. People will just get benefits relative to how much they work. Or every individual will have a "benefits account" in which any of their employer deposits money, to allow for temp work, short contracts, changing employers often, etc.

It depends where you live, the bus system in my town is pretty shit but it gets the job done, buses are every half-hour unless it's Sunday or past 6pm, then it's an hour. Lots of people take them, although they are almost all poor like myself, or they are college students.

I really can't complain about my circumstances, I can afford booze and internet despite only making a few cents over minimum wage 4 days a week, any my union contract guarantees me $16/hr after something like 6000 hours of work so things can only improve from here on out.

Its hard to look at all the people that work full time, especially shitty retail or fast food, and imagine them being happy. If you absolutely want happiness than you need to think about working less hours and focusing on yourself.

I work 7 days a week 10 hours a day i have no friends...i burned so many birgdes...i get 2 days off a mknth un which i go bar hopping with a friend of mine who lives 200 miles away by car

Its an ideal life because i go to texas once a year and enjoy the city of dallas for a business conference

I work 32 hours a week in retail and it's still too fucking much. I don't see how the full timers do it.

The more you work...the higher in value to the zionist way you are

I work a little less than 60 hours a week. I get paid pretty well and there's not much actual work involved. I usually read all day but my kindle died.

This

it's best to work very little, and try to spend your free time bettering yourself

30 hour work week is enough but right wing retards are too dedicated to serving their billionaire globalist masters

Would you guys consider yourselves to be living a happy or fullfilling life?

I work for 12-15hr each day for 3 weeks straight and then have 10 full days off, pretty happy with it.

That's actually not bad desu senpai. I wish we would adopt this in the west of work weeks and off weeks. I think Sweden does this too. It would work well for parents/families too.

yeah god forbid people willing to work more hours should make more money

Is this a joke?
I work fulltime (40 hours, usually 45 due to workload) and go to school fulltime (5 classes, on honor roll) and I could easily work 60 if they would let me.

Are you just lazy or something?

We go home, drink heavily, and contemplate suicide.

>what is a salary

>normalfag wagecucks

I work roughly 70 hours a week and still find time to browse Sup Forums, masturbate, etc. why do you hate working full time? What's wrong with doing something you don't like to get something you do like? Not everything is supposed to be comfortable

I'd ask if you were retarded if you weren't a leaf

>Work at minimum wage job
>Move into low income housing
>mfw I have shit tons of free time
>mfw I'm single with hardly any expenses so I save up a lot of money too
>mfw wagecucks slave away their lives for Mr. Goldstein

I work 45 hours doing flooring, and then I actually work at a bowling alley on Saturdays for fun. 51 hours in total. It's fine, and the money is nice. I just bought a half way nice car, so I certainly wouldn't want to lose hours.

40 hours??? Nigga i work almost double. 70 hours

Im kidding...i dont work

My dad pays my bills so...yeah

Suck my dick poorfags

A hundred years ago, futurists were promising us 5 hour work weeks. The future sucks.

Working over 70hours every week in hospital.I wish i could work just 40hours.

Only 40 hours? Nigga consider yourself lucky.

It's only going to get worse.

To get value from society, you need to give value back to it. It is like this, it has always been like this, it will always be like this.

I work 15 hour weeks and feel like a bum

When the means are there to live a full life with out lifting a finger you can't really blame the user.

i'm in the navy
sometimes i do 60 hour weeks
sometimes i work 7 days or more in a row
they can send me to the other side of the world indefinitely with no notice if they want
but i chose this
and i do enjoy it

You dont need to work

officer or rating? thinking of joining the reserve in a month or so, tell an user more.

>be me
>be 12
>be 3 AM
>watching Courage the Cowardly dog rerun
>that fucking blue thing appears on my tv screen
>looks into my soul
>"you're not perfect.."
>lay in bed next few hours terrified
>whacking off to Girls Gone Wild infomercials to put myself at ease

Cartoons are fucked up yo.

You dont need to work...i think if everyone just stopped working...the country would be a better place

i work 3 days a week(sometimes more depending on the workload) and still get a very nice wage that allows me to buy whatever i want and live in a nice neighbourhood.

Say what you want about Sweden but at least having a job is a guarantee that you will live a comfortable life here. The only people here who work 2 jobs are workaholics.

yes, and you can do that because i come and work for 3 weeks straight there for half of your pay Sven.

yeah just live in pure shit goyim, look the leaf loves it. dont ya cucknuk

Get gud.

>tfw not gud.

I'm working 45-50 hrs a week and after may 10 I'm gonna be looking at 60-80 hour work weeks. Im not gonna have a life for the whole summer. It makes me happy and mad at the same time.

> be medical doctor
> just finished studies
> have to work 60 hours a week + commote time
> some weekends i have to work too making it 84 hours

Life is shit but we are only sheep...if you are smart you improve your relationships and start reading book about economics...do it the george soros way, get your profits from all sides but support parties that work for you cause

STEM nowadays is for bluepills that can built an atomic bomb from pencils but get their commands from retards

rating
aircraft engineering technician
I don't know much about the reserves or how it even works, but i do know they are looking to increase the number of reserves.
You lads can't really do highly skilled trade roles like engineering obviously, so you'll probably just end up mopping decks whilst full-time dabber cunts make fun of you for being a reserve.
I've only been to sea once because i'm a typical draft dodging WAFU twat, so i'm probably not the best person to ask, as i imagine you probably have fantasies about going to sea.
I'm based at RNAS Culdrose, in cornwall, i mostly sit around drinking tea, sometimes i fix helicopters, or try to look like i'm fixing a helicopter. Occasionally they send my squadron to fancy places, such as norway in the middle of winter, to see how long it takes an engineer to become suicidal working on a merlin in -30c.

That's what made it so good.

>200 miles away by car

My job won't let me have more than 28 hours a week.

Thanks lad, quite happy to do menial shit and get a feel for it before having a crack at it full time. Need to shave a minute or so off my timed run before I apply though. How did you get on at Raleigh? I hear a lot of people shit themselves at the high ropes.

you are retarded. how do you think humanity functioned for the majority of it's history before our holy saviours the corporations came along? stupid burgercuck.

In all honesty OP sounds like a lazy faggot. I work 4 days, ten hours and still have plenty of time to do things I want.

I teach English here in Spain. Pretty comfy life. I work 23 hours a week, a 12 minute walk to work, and spend 18% of my paycheck on rent. Cost of living here is quite low, with relatively high pay

I like compressed work weeks of 4 12 hour shifts with three days off. I did that for a few years, and it wasn't too bad. Going back to school now though.

>tfw I worked 1 hour today

>Not moving as close as possible to your work.

You should be able to walk to work comfortably.

that sounds like a dream

>Work in the defense industry
>Know what i make is used to kill Hajjis and Africans

Iss good mane

2.5 hour drive

Slave

sO ONLY PERFECT PEOPLE DESERVE A LIVING WORK WEEK?

I work 40+ hours a week and am a full time student, fuck out of here lazy bum

Nigger detected

I work full time from home and take on extra work when I can because I like my job.

sORRY THEY DON'T HAVE TRAINS AND PLANES IN YOUR DIRT HOLE YOU DIRTY SLAV

NIGGER

Hellow...

Yes you can. Humans have choice.

I just want a job that I would enjoy doing, full-time, part-time, whatever.

I'm jealous of people that find a career that matches up perfectly with their personal passions and interests.

I went to college for 3 years and couldn't find a single thing I was even remotely interested in. I ended up dropping out without ever having declared a major, and now I'm in NEET mode for the forseeable future. Bleh.