Wearing a suit to class

Im in college and I wear a suit to class everyday despite the fact that everyone else wears basketball shorts and shit.

Am I an autist?

I've noticed that:
>everyone thinks I'm way smarter than I am.
>girls think I'm "successful"
>teachers give me better grades
>i feel more professional and thus work harder

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T99j7bw9eWo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hey, if it works.
Dress for Success.

That's autistic as fuck homie

fake it til ya make it man, if you look good in a suit, wear it

as long as you still keep it somewhat casual and dont go full fedora, go for it

Autistic
Graduated college with a 3.8 and dressed like a normie

Maybe.
Dress one level above the occasion is the best advice I've heard.
So you don't need to go balls to the wall on everything, but do try to look presentable.

My shoulders are wide as fuck so finding a good fitting dress shirt is really difficult without it bunching up at the bottom. Just don't ever go full fedora

Does it get lonely having no friends?

That's autistic. You can still dress nice and get all your stated benefits without wearing a fucking suit.

I'm in law school, where it's customary for male law professors to wear suits, and no students ever wear a suit to class. I can't imagine what it's like in college, where the professors dress like slobs and the average age of the student is like 20.

You sound like the most pretentious fedora tipper ever. They probably assume you're smart because they know nobody who actually has friends or a social life would be so autistic. Is pic related you?

If you're fit and have a nice face it's ok. Otherwise pic related

OP don't listen to this idiot, there's nothing wrong with dressing nice for class as long as you're not wearing poorly fit suits that you recycle once a week

business majors always do that shit

whatever

depends.. is it a nice well fitted suit..?
i sometimes wear corporate attire, but thats because im a mature age student and have a hell of a lot of clothes i bought when i did actually work

Just dress preppy. Can even throw in a sport coat or a tie. Never both. But preppy is what you should aim for.

>whores laughing at the back
pottery

We (accounting) only ever did it when we had class presentations

Lucky

I'm in medical school and we are required to wear either scrubs or shirt/tie/pants depending on if there is a lab or not

Its a pain to get ready. Also i miss the days of wearing some basketball shorts and a tight T

North Korea calls her Imperial American Vixen

Is that how people think of you, or how your deluded mind believes they think of you?

Don't dress weird if it makes you a weirdo. You don't need to dress like everyone else, but you don't need to be a queer either.

That's pretty autistic unless you plan on going into business/law school

it only works if you're coming directly from a job that requires you to wear an actual suit. it's incredibly easy to spot the difference between someone who turns up at uni in a 'fashionable suit' because they think they look sophisticated, and someone who wears a suit everyday.
imo suits look best when they look natural, that is, blending utility and fashionable dress sense together. don't be that autist that turns up in a slim tailored suit with colored brogues and suspenders and shit like he ripped the look out of a catalog. also don't be the faggot that walks around with a pocket watch.

Indeed. Whether you're cool or creepy - suave or cringe - boils down to whether or not your are good looking. This also applies to picking up girls.

OP here, pic related it's me

i think a slim tailored suit works.. but dont go overboard with the suspenders and shit, just neat and tidy, ironed shirts and cufflinks.. no tie.

you want to show off your social value, not shove it in peoples face

Protip:

If you're autistic, you'll wear a suit

if you know how to fucking dress, you'll dress in menswear.

Suits are boring, generic, and only worn by autistic people thinking they mean status the same way boomers think a watch with a high price tag = high fashion.

>Am I an autist?

Yes

If you look good it barely matters what you wear.

Also how is this related to politics?

you sound asian

left is way more comfortable

well even if you weren't, you are now

If you photoshopped Gosling's head out of the picture and replaced it with Vin Diesel's, would it still work?

Honestly I think a casual suit is less autistic that dressing like that try-hard on the right.

That outfit + those sunglasses are fucking ridiculous

>uses "homie"
don't listen my nigger radar is beeping

Literally you

Don't shoot me what ever you're planning

Kek yeah what's the point of commenting if you're gonna immediately discredit yourself like that

If you're 8-10/10 good looking, nobody will care and all pussy will be wet.

You're only ever autistic if you're ugly.

If you're fit and wearing a fitted suit, it probably looks okay. Otherwise, people think you're a potential school shooter or just a fucking slob trying to impress people.

Fuck off retard

I'm in shape and have nice, well-fitted suits

>am i an autist

yes, definitely, but if it increases your confidence keep it up

Try hard? The man looks great, don't be like this user

That's the kind of guy who uses the word "dapper" in every day conversation

Think that's pretty autistic desu bro. I would go for casual button ups with chinos or jeans instead.

Related question: I work in an office and most people just wear a shirt and trousers with no tie, however some managers and contractors and a few other people wear blazers however I always wear one to work and on lunch but take off the rest of time, is it worth it? I only really do it because I bought it new for this job so I want to get my money's worth

youtube.com/watch?v=T99j7bw9eWo

is that you user?

>cool trick
>nice fedora
>underrated
>topkek

Why do you idiots have to write like this? Fuck off back to Sup Forums or fagbook.

he looks like hes dressing for a 20s party

Yes, HE looks great. But if half of the male population tried to pull that exact look off, they would look ridiculous.

Especially with those sunglasses.

Not everyone is Ryan gosling.

Ehh agree to disagree I guess. You'd just have to have a decent figure and be tall enough to look good in that style of clothing imo. Maybe replace the pants with some regular khaki colored ones though.

>am I autistic for wearing a suit to class?

Maybe.

The question you should be asking, though, is are you an autist for asking Sup Forums. The answer is yes.

Your clothing choices are irrelevant.

>Protip:
>If you're autistic, you'll wear a suit

PROEST OF THE PRO TIPS: If you're attractive enough you can wear a suit and it will work out just fine for you. But if a guy isn't attractive enough when has that suit on he becomes autistic for wearing it. That is the only true variable here.

I wore a suit to class everyday this last year of law school, had an internship at the law firm earlier in the day.

Never saw the point of wearing one if I didn't have to. Still dress decent, guess you can call it preppy.

>preppy

Never unironically use that word again you poof fuck.

there was two kids at my college like you OP

i relentlessly made fun of them. one time a group of my friends was sitting on the grass in a park near my college and we asked them to come sit with us. they wouldnt sit on the grass because of their suits.

they never lived that one down

>current year
>not wearing kimono

plebs desu

you can be fucking the most attractive man on earth and people will still think you're weird for wearing a suit to class.

I went to cotillion etiquette class when I was younger and we were taught that overdressing for a casual event is on the same tier as under dressing for a formal event. it's just not done.

Absolutely this. Some push-ups and a nice jumper do wonders if you want to meet the girls in your class. You also feel good about yourself. Anyone who says otherwise is denying the truth. Dress smart, feel smart.

Yes you're autistic. I see a lot of people at my school wearing suits but that's only for business majors/frat guys. If you don't have to wear a suit then don't wear a suit, particularly since you're only in class for like 15-20 hours a week

What this guy said.

The class president of my Highschool wore a tie every day. No one made fun of him and after a while it was just normal "Dave wears a tie."

Flash forward, I'm over 40 now and I wear a suit (minus the tie) everyday, sometimes without the jacket. Temp dependent

None of my over 40 friends do (unless they are required to for work).

I make more money for working less than any of them, though to be honest it's not related to dressing better than they do.

In all fairness, putting on slacks, a button down shirt, and a blazer takes exactly the same amount of time (+/- 90 seconds) as wearing a hoodie and jeans or shorts and flip flops.

So why the hell not ?

>you can be fucking the most attractive man on earth and people will still think you're weird for wearing a suit to class.

Guys will think you're weird. Girls won't give two shits because they still wanna fuck you.

You can get away with a lot if you're hot enough. You already know this.

'20s? It looks more like he's doing the '40s zoot suit thing. 1920s suits were actually quite well fitting, generally. It was in the 1930s, '40s, and '50s (until late '50s) that suits were quite a bit baggy, in general. The bagginess peaked around the late '40s and early '50s. That's why I prefer the 1910s/'20s and 1960s style suits, which were still not as skinny as many of today's more trendy suits. As for dress hats, they could be fine, and even look good today, but a lot of people should get into reasonable shape, and wear reasonably well fitting clothes. It's unfortunate, but the negative fedora stereotypes have existed for several years, now.

>Some push-ups and a nice jumper do wonders if you want to meet the girls in your class
>a nice jumper
wait what

Just wear a collared shirt and slacks. A full suit for college is too much.

Yes you are an autist. Please stop larping in public.

lol you're right. but the type of guys I know from personal experience who wear suits to events not requiring formal wear are fucking freaks. and they're not attractive.

girls don't like social pariahs

Nah just be non uptight and fluid and you wont look autistic. Op probably rocks the fedora though.

I think if you're driven enough to wear a suit every day to college (a real suit, I don't mean a fedora and matrix overcoat), its clear you're not there to fuck around. Pic related.

What's your look Sup Forums?

>the type of guys I know from personal experience who wear suits to events not requiring formal wear are fucking freaks.

Yeah they are pseudo-traditionalist LARPer dorks. I know.

>girls don't like social pariahs

Sure they do. If they are hot enough. But then if you're hot enough you're never really a social pariah to begin with because people will simply want you around. You don't even need much of a personality.

Do you get laid? If so keep it up. If not stop wearing the suit. What's so hard to figure out.

obviously we all know the fucking misfits who wear shitty suits and still look nerdy/disgusting.

I don't look nerdy or disgusting (& I'm a business major) so its not that weird when i do it.

plus im a college athlete & in a fraternity so we have to dress up some days anyway. I just take it one step further.

If you look like those models, have money and things to do (job, internship, etc), it's fine.

If you're any less attractive (or the suit is less /fa/), go to school in a bus straight to home, then yes, you're autistic.

Check out this mundain negro

Do what you want OP. Apply yourself to your studies and let the suit represent this mentality.
The symbol is only as good at what it symbolizes.
At the moment. From your picrelated.png. It means male model fags with nothing beween their ears. A piece of conspicious consumption.

Change that and rule the aesthetic.

But again: Apply yourself to your work or you will just be "that guy". Get more in on the action that abide by these principles and you will help foster a clique based on those ideas.

Content over form.

>I've noticed that:

These things are great. But like the good looking girl in school, to fall back on those social strengths will diminish you and when the party is over you will be left out on a limb.

Also i'm not too sure about those better grades but i know that if Uni is acting as the institution that it is being percieved as, you do get points for showing professionalism and the mentality that will be an asset in a career.

I actually like how he dresses most of the time

>talks about suits
>not a man in your picture is in a suit

fuck off retard

i didn't feel like finding a pic from google

Do you wear a tie as well?

Do the suits get you laid though. I just bought a couple. Should I wear it to parties after I get off work?

It costs bank to wear proper meme attire, holy shit.

I love that you wear a suit to school and it's motivating you. But, some problems here.

First is whatever you're putting in your hair. Short, natural hair, please. A bit of product if you must but not so slick.

Your eyebrows look manscaped, which reads gay, so watch the plucking.

Your shirt is a bit loose, looks cheap. If you're gonna style, go for a nice quality designer shirt at a place where they will fit you properly (Ralph Lauren perhaps). If you can't afford, to to the outlets.

The suit is ok, The tie is just awful, though. Go with a plain color or a simple pattern.

Check out the fashions from the early to mid 60s. The Man from UNCLE. Simple yet classy.

—Girlfag

You dare question the aesthetics of this man?

please be bait

>-Girlfag
Ofc you don't know who the guy in the picture is and take the bait.

is formal attire really this expensive? I know it's exaggerated but holy fuck

Ooh sick burn

>I've noticed that:
This is all in your head, the suit is a placebo. Dude, just wear a t shirt and some jeans and something comfy like sneakers, when you have a professional job you'll have to wear a suit.

Tl;dr you are overdressing if everyone else isn't wearing a suit

No idea.

It's only autistic if you're ugly. Dead serious.

Good looking and wear suit = "wow, he must have really important things going on, he looks so professional!"

Ugly and wearing a suit = "Why does that creep dress so weird, he must have no friends or ever leave his basement if he can't understand normal fashion trends."

And you can't just become good looking by working out or getting a new haircut, that's something bluepilled redditors believe. Good looking faces are determined by bone structure, meaning it's genetic.

As long as it's a well fitted suit it's fine.

I wore a collared shirt every day of my undergrad and I can absolutely attest to prestige it brings. If you're in a group and they have to pick a leader, do you think think they're going to pick sweatpants man or texting girl? No dude, you're the leader now, step up, it's your time to shine.

Lolno. Do research on the construction of the pants/shirt/suit/etc and find someplace that has well built clothing with conservative fabric and patterns. Buy a couple of shirts that fit your shoulders and neck, take 'em to a tailor and get them fitted. Ask him what you should look for in a suit as far as fit. Take his advice, go get a good suit and pants, then go get them tailored. Shazam, for a couple hundred bucks you just went up 2 points on the 10-point scale.

Unless you go to an Ivy yes that is pretty autistic. It did work out for you though.

This fucking guy in high school wore a blazer and khakis every day. Looked like an idiot while doing it. The reason why he did it? Same as you, because he looked 'professional'.

With that said, when the occasion comes along it is important to look good. Image is important but that depends on the occasion.

If I ran a company and you came with a shitty wagie shirt and cheap pants at the office I'd probably fire your ass for not putting input on your image.

nice meme

M-MASAKA

pretty much

I wear the same shit everyday

>shirt of a band I like or a solid color crew neck T shirt
>athletic fit jeans even though I don't lift anymore
>suede sneakers
>no5 buzz cut
>my glasses (tortoise shell)

look kind of like a nu male fag but people compliment me for some reason even though I put no effort into my wardrobe

I like to dress nice even for just every day shit, a suit is a bit much in my opinion. A nice fitted dress shirt works great for me with pants that fit and nice dress shoes. I've found that women seem to show more interest when you don't dress like a fucking autist. Plus it just makes me feel good.

In general, a smart collared shirt and khaki or dark colored pants is probably the most formal you want to get for everyday class wear in school.

Now, if you've got to do some public speaking, give a presentation, suit and tie is the gold standard and will probably get you a solid bump from professors who've worked a day in their lives.

Just don't overdo it or wear an ill-fitting suit. Three piece suit is probably not worth it. Don't be the faggot wearing a tux, top hat, and monocle, writing with a fucking quill pen. A good shirt and tie is better than a poorly-fitting suit.

BASED NEGRO