ITT: MMOs & their Effect on work flow/ethics

Does playing MMO's affect your attitude Sup Forums?

Do you think there's any link of having bad habits spawned by playing them?

MMOs consist of doing simple, repetitive tasks over and over again. Think about it.

I don't think this is the board for this question, user.

MMOs aka Skinner Box: The Game

WoW was the first mmo

ultima online??? everquest??
fuck even runescape is older than WoW

ty for baiting me tho

I never got into MMO games.
Only shitty games that I spent too many fucking hours on are CS:GOyim, Dota 2 and TF2. Over 500 in all.

MMORPGs are a trap please never get into them they ruin you life
t. ex-wow player

>World of Themepark
Not even a good MMO like EVE, homo.
Reminder that WoW did nothing new but just got a lot of media attention at the time. I'm glad it's dead.

Thats where you are wrong,kid.World of Warcraft was the FIRST computer game that used real psychologists and psychiatrists to make their game as much addicting as it is possible.The destroyed lives of thousands is no joke in wow.

>bad habits

If everyone played EVE I think we would be more effective in every aspect of life. However, it takes a full autist to enjoy EVE.

>over 500 in dota
>too many

You need more than that to just get the basics down.

>EVE

MMOS are shit.

Games today are all about giving you a skinner box hook instead of anything of substance.

I will always remember FREGE

There was actually a great EVE thread here the other night. Seems like quite a few of us are flying around.

Anarchy Online was best MMO

MMOs are pretty terrible for society but the same is true of video games in general.

I had about 300days of playtime logged in everquest, looking back i enjoyed playing it but i would have chosen a different path.

The thing with MMORPGs is that you get good at them, you build yourself up putting in thousands of hours. But eventually the game tapers off, its community dies and the skills you nurtured are worthless.

If i had put 300 days of playing time into the piano i would at least have something to show for it now.

Dunno, I spent a good couple years of my childhood playing DAoC and the only I thing I carried over from it was a disdain for people who wear all black.

Only bad habit I have is a desire to restart and re-roll things, or to be a perfectionist and plan things out before I do them. Goes both ways I guess, good and bad.

Daoc was the best. When is the remake coming out :(

>shitposting involves shitting up every post before posting it

Really puts the sock on my foot before putting it into a shoe.

Everquest had soooooul brother. There are children that were made for pixels. The stories of how pathetic some players were is still some of my favorite memories. Woke that sleeper FUCK YOU CRIMSON TWILIGHT I GOT MY SHROUD AND YOU NEVER WILL!

complete and utter garbage

Not a total remake, but Camelot Unchained is in alpha right now, I think. Mark Jacobs and that Andrew guy are making/leading it, so it's basically DAoC v2.0.

They're using the cube building system so that people can make their own keeps, and a build your own spell system as well.

Should be pretty good when they finish it.

It makes you a sheltered cuck with a soft body

I lived in Everquest.

that game was the shit back in the day

tiggole and furor helped pioneer shitposting.

Press F to pay respects

Spent high school in EQ. What a time wasted, what a fun time wasted.

I was Gukkleb, the almighty troll warrior. And a stoner degenerate pagan to boot.

>Play OSRS for a month
>get bored
I can't play MMOs anymore.