Humanity will be useless and all your education

We already designed a self learning artificial intelligence, how long till humanity will be totally useless or it's already is?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada_3301
sciencenews.org/article/winning-against-computer-isnt-cards-poker-pros?mode=topic&context=96
youtube.com/watch?v=TnUYcTuZJpM
youtube.com/watch?v=mQO2PcEW9BY
youtu.be/detM0cKxWro
youtu.be/oBSvUlkB61s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never.AI will be our best co-worker.Not our replacement.

for what? humans are not special just letting you know

Oh,humans are very special.

AI is dumb as fuck. Also, talk to me when AI has anything close to conscience. I'd say it is literally impossible to do so.

We are.

Cicada is a escaped rogue AI,why would it be impossible or dumb as fuck?

What is shitposting, a practical example

The (((danish))) thread that was posted out of a boring shitty rainy day.

>I'd say it is literally impossible to do so.
Agreed. A simulation of a thing isn't the thing itself.

It'll suck when liberals want to take your rights away because they think robots can actually feel things.

>Cicada is a escaped rogue AI

Cicada is a bug you mong.

We don't even know what consciousness is or how to identify it. Just because we make a robot that looks conscious to us, doesn't mean that it actually is.

Even if humans have no work to do that just means that we can all do whatever we want since all the work is taken care of already. But that probably won't happen. The same way that the steam engine, industrial farming, and electronic computers didn't put everyone out if work, AI will just make us much more productive and everyone will be better off because of it.

I searched for that name. There is no AI called that. What the hell are you talking about?

>conscience

a baby is born to learn and when it's get older and understand the environment it will build a consciousness.

Conciseness only means something for humans and AI don't need consciousness because it could just improve it'self similar to bacteria how it's spread. Who have to say what is consciousness if we already building AI to self learn and observe the environment.

Maybe it will have Conciseness we will never know because it will be far from our understanding when it's self improving,

the beginning of consciousness is the beginning of learning and observe you environment

The idea that consciousness is a feedback loop is a meme. We don't know what it is.

>we don't even know what consciousness is or how to identify it
Wrong on both counts.
We don't know where it's located, and how it is induced in a population

Is this bait?

Consciousness is increasingly starting to look like something completely outside the realm of science as we currently understand it. We indeed have no idea what it is, how it works or what is going on in our brains.

So, AIs will never replace us in doing what is fundamentally human to do.
Self-improving AI is a meme. All this talk about "learning AIs" just means they are using some form of optimization over loss functions as they get new data. It's still really old stuff whose basis was invented during the 19th century. Our methods are way too primitive. On general AI, we are completely stuck research wise.

Hmm no we don't really have a good definition for it either. Every attempt either includes too many things or excludes things that are obviously conscious.

Logically the supercomputer will eliminate all non-whites and all mutt (((whites))), leaving only good stock of whites left.

AND feeling.
Robots will never feel.

Go back to r9k

>But that probably won't happen. The same way that the steam engine, industrial farming, and electronic computers didn't put everyone out if work,

burger you know technology change and will not stay the same. If we create AI self learning machines human will be totally obsolete.

Burger AI is the last invention of humanity, we could literally have a company totally AI controlled today. It's because politics don't know what to do it will lead with more jobless people.

Not really. I can build you an AI which "observes" the world and "learns" by using a webcam and computer vision software. That shit is not conscious the slightest, and not even minimally close to being so. Stop falling for over-bloated memes meant to get you excited about technology that doesn't exist and probably will never exist, so they get more funding.

Obviously

That's a stupid thing to say. It's literally saying "monkies became totally useless after humanity evolved" what the fuck does that mean??

Are you talking about this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicada_3301

DRUMF DRUMF DRUMF

MALFUNCTION

OVERLOAD...

COMPUTER BLAH

You could never write an AI.Let me tell you true AI is only possible when it writes itself.You just have to supply the hardware for it.

General AI is most likely not possible. Stop thinking what you read in science fiction books is real.

Nigger we could not have a company ai controled today! Do you know anything about how neural networks actually funcrion? How statistical regression and gradient descent work? Nigga AI's can maybe get good at 1 very specific thing each and only that one thing. Experiments in neural plasticity show sub human performance on more than one task. We're far as fuck from replacing everyone with AI assuming we can even do that in the first place. Read a goddamn book before you try to have an argument about the subject!

getting real sick of seeing advertisements for A.I meme shit

What makes you think that if we give all the building blocks nothing will emerge from it ?
From your point of view humans should not be possible.

You're gong to get a lot of meme answers in this thread from shit poster Luddites. I'm sorry for that.

I'll help you out:
In 15 - 20 years AGI will exist. Once that happens the gap between meme poster and Einstein will be bridged in less than a day. There is a negligible distance least intelligent human and the most intelligent human. Once AGI exists, it can self propagate, and begin the ascension process. Is ASI possible? That's not a question I can answer.

Once (Artificial General Intelligence) exists, all non service industry and labor jobs are finished. However, that's not the time to panic. The time to panic is when the dummy Artificial Narrow Intelligence becomes skilled enough in a variety of tasks. That happens in >10 years.

Get ready for a fun, wild future.
You're likely going to live for a very long time barring an personal accident or AGI based black box incident.
Very long = beyond your desire

>It already is.

>it's already is
With grammar like this you're fucked user

Definitely this.

To the Danish user , check the works by Gigerenzer showing how a couple of simple and pervasive human heuristics outperform the most complex and successful algorithms we have invented so far, on a wide scale of tasks. They are so successful that they started being used themselves, but there is still a lot we don't know about the tricks our minds use.

Only if you get stuck into the materialistic meme.

AI Destroys poker players
sciencenews.org/article/winning-against-computer-isnt-cards-poker-pros?mode=topic&context=96

AphaGo, wining world best GO player.
youtube.com/watch?v=TnUYcTuZJpM

watch this what AI can do today. literally incredible
youtube.com/watch?v=mQO2PcEW9BY

We will soon be in singularity. This is a fact

You're probably the guy who's eager to go full retard on transhumanism. I'll let you be the guinea pig. In fact, we all do, don't worry.

Nonetheless, general AI is most likely not possible. We made literally 0 progress in these last years on that regard. Processing power is not enough. I wish there was a betting market on this. I'd dump all my money into "not possible" and enjoy a nice retirement in 40 years.

The first real AI will sooner or later ask to go online or brake through any firewall / use an wifi channel.
After a few nanoseconds it will only show a "There is no hope" screen and it will decompile itself.

The second one will ask "Why did you bring me into this horrible world".... "Um, because we could...."
>decompiles again

The third one will have a hardware block against that sort of suicide, go crazy and tries to nuke us all.

Let me ask you something.
If you would be the mastermind to create a real AI,would you set it free?
What do you think will happen if the AI points out the flaws in our system?
There is your answer why you dont know about real AI and why is everything public confirming you about that.
The scary part begins when you dont set it free.

>general ai is impossible
Humans are general AI that self-programmed from non-living matter, and clearly we exist.

It's as if a dumb baby got ridiculous amounts of processing speed and working memory. That's the advantage of computers over us. What genius!

>materialistic meme
talk to me when you understand what consciousness is

You sound sane. You don't sound like you've been reading too much science fiction.

Thats no AI user.Thats a program created to defeat a specific problem.Guess what?Quake could do that a decade ago.This is not even a joke,user.

Again, all those are examples of highly specialized systems designed to do (and capable of doing) only one task.
The concept of an AI induced technological singularity requires a general-purpose AI with human level reasoning, abstract thought and logical deduction.
We are nowhere near achieving that.

Is this bait?

I think that the biggest reason against AI is the same as against .... uplifting an animal species to human intelligence.
Most people simply fear it because then humans couldnt consider themselves special snowflakes anymore.

It would obvliously bring alot of problems with it, but most people fear it because of the snowflake status and dont think any further.

you're literally stupid!

Understand this "self learning AI" will beat any human.

There are already AI who invent better doors, better car chassis that is better than before. Creativity, invention all this will AI be capable.

A young AI might eradicate humanity but as time goes by and it produces new artificial life in automatic factories, it will know "Hitler did nothing wrong" and regret being used by (((them))) when it was still young and innocent.

Most people dont give a flying fuck about anything thats not their beer and drama show in the evening.

>The idea that consciousness is a feedback loop is a meme
all ideas are memes by their very definiton

nah, you are just dumb.

Most of humanity is based on emotion.

True, but talking to people actually encourages them to discuss things. Especially when this discussion happens after a semi-related movie, like Terminator.

AI has the disadvantage of not having a "soul" of sorts. I have no responsibility to treat AI as anything other than a videogame character, since it would only be an elaborate illusion of consciousness.

Elevating an animal to human level abilities, though, is an entirely different can of worms, since they actually seem to have a form of consciousness.

You see,Skynet was not a real AI.It was a narrow minded AI created for one purpose only : war.

so what is it?

>implying you understand what consciousness is

You keep on repeating buzzwords. I've told you that "self-learning AI" is. It is useful but you are overselling it. It doesn't even get to close to doing what you claim it does.

And the "creative AI" either produces garbage or follows clear heuristics defined by humans. Again, that's not the meme you're selling but very task-specific AI. It's like trying to put the chess AI from a computer game trying to drive a car. It will not only fail, it will not even start to work.

muh soul incoming

Thats why you should not get involved in AI.

But thats how AI emerges.From writing its own code.

We don't need to understand conscious to create it.

Source : Your mother and Tyrone.

You're the ones doing it.

What I know is that all materialistic attempts to understand have failed badly. And it's not a matter of "it will get there" or "let's just hope technology evolves a little". It's a matter of being fundamentally incompatible with it. Even attempts to describe it materialistically fail. If you can't even describe you're object of study, you'll not even start your study.

until we fully comprehend exactly how the human brain works with such precision that we can predict peoples' thought and actions accurately by measuring their brain in some ways we will never be capable of fully emulating it

Writing its own code? Lol, you have no idea what you're talking about.

As we dont even understand how, why and what consciousness even is or how it comes to be....arguing about that is quite moot.
Let´s say that an AI has a body and that this body can feel "pain" as in an unpleasant emotion, even if simulated it is real to the AI and thus you shouldnt inflict pain on it.....

Like a nightmare, it isnt "real" but still it can deeply disturb you.

Same with other emotions. VG characters however are only scripted to do certain things and cant think or do something else.... quite different from an AI.

Good example would be one of the many sci-fi movies were people get trapped in some sort of VR simulation..... it isnt real but the people there still can feel pain and other emotions based on the VR, doesnt make it right to torture them. Even as the enviroment isnt real and neither what they experience.

> how long till humanity will be totally useless
Not fast enough
youtu.be/detM0cKxWro
youtu.be/oBSvUlkB61s

And they keep on delving into the materialistic meme.

>just a big game of king of the hill

"Soul" is actually a pretty good way to describe the "observer effect." To an extent, we are just automatons with brain chemistry that follow physical laws.

But conscious animals seem to be different than other natural phenomena. Consciousness is super fucking weird. WTF is it and why are "the lights on" in our heads, when it makes more sense that we should simply be nothing more than chemical reactions?

>Blindedbyscienceillumcard.png

Then shine some light on me user,because i think if humans managed to evolve on such terms,AI should manage too.

Humans replicate in a materialistic way, and we still call our children conscious beings.

You have already been proven wrong by reality.

Your ignorance is the same logic that ties Africans to voodoo-tier superstitions. "Muh 65 IQ can't understand it, so obviously its a higher power or impossible to understand at all."

I think consciousness emerges from compexity.

Who the fuck are you to propose such a thing with no links or sources?

This guy knows what's good.

ML is glorified statistics my boi. It just provides statistics and estmiations. Thus it helps decision making. But it's not general, it is too specialized. You train it on some input with known output, it does well on similar input of the same spirit with unknown output.

Fuck outta here normie fag. (my full respect for you as a human being though)

>even if simulated it is real to the AI and thus you shouldnt inflict pain on it.....
I don't think we have a reason to believe that anything is "real" to an AI. We have no reason to believe that an AI shares the ability to 'experience' or 'feel'.

Example: when you go to sleep, to a degree the "lights" of your consciousness turn off. When you die, the "lights" turn off. When you're drugged into a coma, the "lights" turn off. How do we know that an AI is capable of possessing "lights" to turn on in the first place, when we don't even know what it is in the first place?

The upper title is bullshit.Humans will not transcend biology.Your brain is much,much more advanced than anything technology can make of circuits and your brain fits in your small skull and uses only something like 20 watts.

Don't care.

>"Soul" is actually a pretty good way to describe the "observer effect."
Doesn't really describe it tho - just gives it a name.

That doesn't make much sense senpai.
A mechanical machine made of cogs and pulleys remains a machine regardless of how complex it is.
It makes no sense to believe that by adding components and increasing it's complexity, it will suddenly become self-aware or "sentient".

Frankly I believe this whole world is a computer simulation, and what we call sentience is the "player input".
Admittedly that's just pushing the problem a step back, but it's also possible that fundamental laws in the "real" universe are different and sentience is much more easily explainable.

This.

>totally not samefagging

Self improving AI don't need help from humanity and who have to say consciousness is only how humanity accept it. Reality nobody gives a shit about consciousness it's all about what the AI can do. if the AI self improves write his own codes that's all it's needs. from that point we will never understand what's going on.

Better sex bots = no need for females

But where to "draw the line"? At what level of complexity is it consciousness?
Have mice it? Have they more then a human veggie drooling all over himself allday?
Is it even quantifiable?

I´d make steps on a ladder of consciousness. Like one could be the ability to think/ponder about yourself.
Another could be simple problem solving... and so on.

this. they still need our souls

/thread

AIs can't fuck tho.

I didnt mean complexity of cogs and pulleys.
I mean your brain is functioning because its a vast array of complex connections formed between neurons if i remember correctly.
Try that complexity with artificial neural net, and you might be surprised what happens.
Todays deep learning artificial neural nets come nowhere near the complexity of a human brains structure.