What do you guys think about Timur?

What does Sup Forums think about timur the military leader and conqueror?
>just found out I'm a direct descendant

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002929707000250
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Russians
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Uzbek who larped as Mongol
The only reason why he was called "Amir" which means duke or something like that in Arabic was he couldn't be a Khan because he had no heritage from Genghis.

Central asians love we wuzzing about this guy

Fifth most loved Turk by Turkish people in Turkey

after Ataturk, Mehmet II, Alp Arslan and Chingiss Khan

>Chingiss Khan
>turk
Chingiss Khan was not turk, he was mongol.
Though you are correctly pointing that Timur wasn't chingisid and was turk.

He fucking fought against and destroyed you Turks though.

That doesn't make him a less Turk

Genghis khan was a Turk?
>WE WUZ HORSE ARCHERS

or are you talking about some other Chingiss Khan?
not Genghis khan

cringe
he's retarded

Another removable Kebab

Chinghiss khan is ghenghis khan but pronounced correctly
>western world text books call him ghenhis while Asians call him Chinghiss

He raped the Ottomans so he's a friend of the west.

He raped ottomans but then ottomans discovered gun powder, battle of ankara happened both sides lose 40k people each and they stalemate
Timur died 3 years later

>Chinghiss
Yeah that's what I thought and we in Russia say\spell it correctly.
Just that roach in two posts wrote it two different ways and than claimed he was turk, so I thought maybe he talks about something else.

Battle of Ankara was very strange because 125,000 soldiers from timurid empire went face to face against 80,000 Turks who had gun powder weapons

How does it feel to be a subhuman? Pure European here.

>Russian
>pure European
your ancestors were raped countless times by Germans, mongols and romans

>half mexican half african calling anyone mongrel

>be American
>lose many wars against weaponised farmers

Wrong picture but you get the point

>ancestors were raped countless times
not confirmed by DNA studies though
Russians are mixture of R1a and N.

Can you source that for me Ivan ?

you lost to emus

>can't read the op

>being a descendant of the guy who committed mass murder just because he wanted to be like Genghis.

Neat

Mongols never lived in Russia by the way. No mixing with those happened
>Romans
It's time to put down crack
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002929707000250

The American Journal of Human Genetics (Volume 82, Issue 1, 10 January 2008, p. 236-250)

>Australian
>Trying to make fun of somebody for losing a war

>loved
And this is why we're going to have to genocide you, roach. Timur was a badass warlord but he was also one of history's most evil men.

>Battle of Ankara
>Stalemate
t. Bayezid
Timur won and won hard, he embarassed the fuck out of the Ottomans

I'm pretty sure Russians are considered Asian aswell
>Russia is in Asia

Google dna studies on Russians - there are plenty.
You can start from wiki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Russians

There is probably some influx of mongol blood in us though, but not by Y-dna, not by paternal line. Ruriks were taking wives of chingisids, but that would be by maternal line.

>we

Eh, he was pretty lame

well if you take our culture and language and religion - it's fairly European, compare with Chinese\Japanese - we are far from that culturally in many regards

It was embarrassing because Turks had rifles and the timurid empire only just discovered fireworks
>when medieval savages out smart you

Anglo-Saxons in Australia (actual humans, not Asian untermenschen like you) don't change their genetic make up based on location. Russia started in European continent and expanded to Asia. 80% of the people lives in European part

>subhuman
>not a north European
Pick one. North Europeans became relevant because of med. Europeans who became relevant thanks to non-Europeans.

nah Timur wasn't a turk, he was from turkicised mongol tribe.

on the guy himself, what can i really say? a great warlord that killed fuckton of people, especially poos. shame he died so early.

Meds of Antiquity no longer exist. Modern Meds work for a company whose owner is named Hans

To be fair, Timur was pretty good at the whole outsmarting thing.

>be gay sultan
>already forced-marched your entire army across half of Anatolia
>establish positions on high plateau offering complete visibility and command of the surrounding terrain
>leave your positions
>gay Amir sneaks around you and occupies your former encampment
>you have to attack your own former position because you're a gay sultan

true, Barlas is turkicised mongol tribe, just looked up

>Fifth most loved Turk by Turkish people in Turkey

>Timur nearly destroyed the Ottoman Empire singlehandedly

What level of cuckoldry is this

>Turk means Ottoman
Amerishart education everybody
Nearly all Anatolian Turkish beyliks sided with Timur in the war.

>nah Timur wasn't a turk, he was from turkicised mongol tribe.
>he was from turkicised mongol tribe
So he was a Turk then. I don't give a fuck about the Barlas clan's supposed Mongol origins, that shit was probably made up to enhance Hajji Barlas' public figure

For the last 400 years Turk has meant Ottoman, yes. You don't see Erdogan or any Turkish nationalists bragging about the achievements of random beyliks. The Ottomans are literally the root of your entire nation.

This is like some Mizrahi Jew talking about how he admires the Fourth Reich because "Jew doesn't just mean Ashkenazim"

Also note that Timur eventually made up a false genealogy of being a descendant of Genghis for the same reasons.

I'm out
those retarded turks itt shouldn't have larped as mongols. We're Oghuz. Not mongol. they're underage retards from facebook anyway.

he didnt, he married genghisid girl so he had the claim

kinda lame

mongols - based, strong
turks - retards, head lice
When I travel in Mongolia or Kazakhstan, I always think this is probably mongol, and this is probably turk mix

He did that, but he also had his court historians invent a Chingissid genealogy, or so I've read

On a related note, the Islamization and subsequent division of Chagatay Khanate(prior to Timur's time of course) seems to echo in modern-day Europe.

You see that Meme, "he did it, the absolute madman"? Well, I think Timur is the original creator of the meme.

Total paradox, killed a fukton of people yet was a lover and sponsor of the arts. He did fucked up the region quite a bit though.

how so? mongol culture was shit tier so it got easily assimilated wasn't it?

>zergrushing retards
>strong

>there are people who actually think that mongols used zergrush tactics

During his campaigns 5% of the worlds population died because of him (including his own casualties)

They did. For what? To get shiny shit in taxes? Absolutely subhuman

They used baiting, ambushing, outflanking, terror and even biological warfare. Zerg Rushing is the most inefficient.

Kek no they didnt. Read up at least on kalka.

And for what? Manifest destiny that's it. After Hungary and death of Mongke, they stopped because it wasnt profitable anymore and they weren't ones like Temujin was.

Just in terms of islam taking over, causing social division, eventually causing a division in the actual political power on the ground, ie the breakup of Chagatay into muslim Mawarannar in the West and non-muslim Mogulistan in the East

>mongols
>Hungary
I rest my case
They used literal waves
>manifest
Got exterminated instead

This isn't even funny you illiterate mong. They weren't numerous in the first place.