Why the hell do they do this?

This shit is all over in my town. Many of our roads actually have brick roads underneath them. This causes more potholes than it would if they ripped up the brick road and paved from scratch.

Probably built over the top of something.

It's cheaper this way.

Less spending, more lining the pockets, and a built in excuse to raise taxes and fix it for good!

...fuck this place makes me cynical

>shitty roads
>/pol related
nah

What are you on? You think that's a road built up the side of a brick home?

Go to sleep, yawn

If you live in a blue state most likely there's a union racket that constantly rebuilds the road. In Chicago they build the roads to last about 3 years then tear them up. Politicians get their pockets lined, workers get fat pensions, and taxpayers get fucked up the ass.

This would never happen in an ancap society.

Close to me on a sort of high street called Grey's street in Newcastle there are similar potholes where you can see the remains of the 2000 year old Roman road beneath it.

Given the flag, I wasn't suggesting the same thing but they do build roads on top of other infrastructure.

jews did that because they were too cheap to excavate and rather have the tax payers pay to repave all the time anyway

I live in NY (Western NY). And you are right. If its not winter time there is CONSTANT maintenance on the roads.

Holy shit dude you found the yellow brick road, it was hidden there the whole time. Follow it til it ends, go down the manhole you will find there and rediscover the City of Oz.

Because there would be no roads.

the problem is that the thickness of that asphalt is inadequate. Should have done a 2" base mat with a 1/2" final coat. Cheap shitty construction.

this

post results

Brick roads are beautiful, but they would get worn down by heavy traffic and torn to shreds in winter by plows.

You know what's worse is when the brick road gets bad heaves in it and then they try to top the holes out with asphalt. And then the asphalt breaks off and it's worse than before.

And of course there's nothing they can do about the parts that go up instead of down. I just makes me glad I drive a consumer-grade rally car.

> not building brick roads

Its like you cant even Roman.

Public services provided by the government is not Sup Forums related?

wow

Ripped up the brick?

Proof Americans are raging retards. No, dumbass, make ALL THE ROADS BRICK and then when a brick breaks you just replace the fucking brick.

It's faster, cheaper, and lasts longer.

Blame the Four-wheeled jew.

>rome had an army to keep active by putting them to work on building and maintaining a solid road networks
>modern society pays by the yard a gang of fat unionized morons who are too lazy to even step out there oversized pickups

gotta send them shekels to greatest ally
83 billions last year to be precise

but no - can't have universal healthcare

wall street crashes the economy, get 800 billions of USD tax payers money

but no can't have nice roads nor fast trains

why burgers, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

>wall street crashes the economy
more like the whole world gets $27T of money that never existed in the first place, sure as hell not from the tax payers

u gotta step up ur game if you want to play with the big bois

>roads weren't made of bricks back in the day

wait.........thats the yellow brick road.....

>that
>a pothole

thats actually pretty smart. it limits how deep the hole can get

> Yellow bricks.

Is it possbile that the US is actually the Land of OZ?

>average road in Montreal
fucking canadian winters

I'm sure Romans would've laid asphalt roads if they had the tech.

>tfw brick roads are superior and last longer

Pure Michigan™

BTFO

>Sup Forums will ignore this

"I tried to talk about good roads and good schools and all these things that have been part of my career, and nobody listened. And then I began talking about niggers, and they stomped the floor."
-George Wallace

Now just think if George had brought up the Jews.

Why not just - get this - build brick roads so potholes dont exist?

Why cover those pristine bricks with that cake-batter asphalt shit? Brick and concrete lasts decades if not centuries and I have to deal with bullshit potholes every day. Whoever invented asphalt must be the richest kike fuck ever.

spreading a new layer of asphalt is easier than replacing worn/broken bricks

Because that doesn't feed money to the roadwork jew.

>warning
>road work
>slow down to 55 and turn your lights on
>still no road work
>it's been like this all month

Crude oil is refined to make gasoline. The heavy molecules that are removed are used to make asphalt. If we don't asphalt everything, what is Big Oil supposed to do with all the heavy?

Are cement roads better?

Burn it in shipping vessels.

(but don't tell the libtards that)

Don't worry goy, I'm sure it will be just fine not paying road construction by commission.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>oh here comes the cement
BA-DUNK
BA-DUNK
BA-DUNK
BA-DUNK
>oh this is nice
BA-DUNK
BA-DUNK
BA-DUNK
BA-DUNK
BA-DUNK

Roads are purposely built badly so they have to be repaired. Our system is broken.

Speak English you stupid nigger

You've never driven on cement?

Because bumpy roads are dangerous and slow at once.

It's cheaper to pave over old ass brick roads than tear them up and lay new road down

I have and it looked ok but I'm wondering if overtime it's better

It seems to be preferred for structural things like bridges and overpasses, but I think that's probably because cement has structural merit whereas asphalt just sort of melts around after you put it there.

>brick roads

I guess you never drove over one before have you? They are awful to drive on and are just as prone to issues.

[spoiler]BA-DUNK[/spoiler]