Go to a university for 4 years instead of community college for 2 then transfer

>Go to a university for 4 years instead of community college for 2 then transfer
>Don't bother with scholarships because you were lazy or didn't try hard enough in high school to obtain them
>Stay in the dorms for 4 years instead of just commuting
>Don't work at all, live off mommy and daddy and constantly take out government loans
>Fall for the "college is the best time of your life" meme and spend all your weekends partying instead of studying and working
>Get a shit degree with no job outlook because you fell for the "follow your dreams" meme
>WAAAAH WHY AM I IN SO MUCH DEBT AND NO JOB
Why are these people so fucking stupid?

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.uci.edu/iotsity/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_integration
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Go to a university for 4 years instead of community college for 2 then transfer
people told me it was just as expensive
>Don't bother with scholarships because you were lazy or didn't try hard enough in high school to obtain them
im white i only got $2000 worth

I got basically shut out of my major because I had an extra B in math. 2 year transfer is only good if you can maintain straight As or if you're going for some shit non-stem major.

I worked my ass off for scholarships. I wrote essays left right and center. I only scrounged up $1500. I followed the winners of the ones I could and I swear at least 2/3 of the time it was a minority with a sob story.

I sure wish I could have gotten some of that minority money.

Just say you're hispanic.

>Don't work at all, live off mommy and daddy
>Get a shit degree with no job outlook because you fell for the "follow your dreams" meme
Only these apply to me. I'm going to make it, right?

>Why are these people so fucking stupid?

Because they

>Fall for the "college is the best time of your life" meme and spend all your weekends partying instead of studying and working

and

>fell for the "follow your dreams" meme

Who do you think pushes that meme? Who wants you to be stupid? Who loves debt?

The last one is the worst of them. If you get a decent degree, the rest don't matter. There's no reason to get a degree if it doesn't help you get a job.

I had a great time in college and then I got into medical school and now I'm a doctor. Nothing is guaranteed in life, but that doesn't make university a bad bet. Your mileage may vary.

If you want any scholarships you have to basically lie your ass off on things that can't be verified. Especcialy if you are a white male
>Abused like hell
>Autistic
>People shunned me when they found out I was 1/8 color even though I was white. America so racis
>However Though I suffed I wan make mah lyfe bettah
>Suffering onyl maed meh stronga
>gib dat dindu monay

I'm white and landed $23,000 this year. Quit blaming others for your shitty attitude.

what school ?

College is so fucking stupid unless you are going for a career that absolutely requires a degree like law or medicine.

I mean... they just lecture and have you read books. You can just read the books on your own lol

>went for the medical meme
based leaf
going for the Electrical Engineering meme myself, plan on studying Internet Of Things, a field which just started, for graduate (I think it has big potential for owning my own business, want to see the current research).

Reading those books on your own is restricted, even in college. I had to teach myself to do it. Even with a new topic, until I get the flow of the book it is difficult. Profs. are a good resource in the sciences.

When I wrote for my scholarships, I constantly wrote about my plans for the future and how I felt motivated to make a contribution to the world.

Turns out sob stories sell better. Who cares what you do with the money, so long as you're entitled to it for "suffering",

In third-party scholarships? Bullshit.

wrong. You just have to work harder for them, e.g. get good grades. There is a discrepancy, but overcome it. You are white, not lazy. We may be changing the way this goes now, but until then fuck off and work hard.

Why the fuck would you need to "research" the internet of things?? It's literally just a microcontroller and 2.4ghz antenna. Go buy a couple microcontrollers and wifi modules right now for like $15, no need for any research.

Cry more fag. I'm a white American and worked my way through college. I paid for everything myself - tuition, books, rent, food, drinks, entertainment, vacations - everything came from my pocket. I went to school in San Francisco and lived there, one of the most expensive cities in the US, and yet I managed to pay my way.

Every time I see you babbies crying about how expensive college is I get disgusted. Take a semester or two off, work hard, budget your money and then go back. If you live within your means it is simple.

Yes. I have also 1 research gig, and am doing another this summer. Quit being lazy.

>studying Internet Of Things
KYS

>"Thanks for coming in for the interview, user. Tell us a little bit about your education and specific courses you took that are relevant to the position."
>"Well I think college is an unnecessary scam and chose to instead read some books and Wikipedia articles."

Hi Ricky

>There's no reason to get a degree if it doesn't help you get a job.
but muh dreams

>not joining the military in a super cushy non combat related job and getting out after 4 years with the GI bill, which not only pays completely for 4 years of college education but also gives you a monthly living stipend based on the cost of living in your area

You have ten seconds to explain yourself

You literally do not understand how research works. We expand the field using integrated systems, etc. And I would get paid for something like this, even for graduate degree.

Sorry, desu. You can buy a house for the cost of pursuing your "passion."

There's so much information available online, that there's no need to go that far into debt to learn something that doesn't directly translate into an increase in pay.

Weeb

I have a life I don't want to put on hold for 4 years

I will be building "Smart Communities", which is what I assume is your fucking nightmare like the pic in top kek
Sup jeff

Because by the time the majority of people use the GI Bill even if they did a 4 year contract their age is at least 25+. By the time you finish your master you're 31+ and you have no experience other than being an earlier quitting grunt with ptsd and no marketable skills.

Then if you get lucky and get a government job because you can't get a job anymore else and higher information veterans preferences.

Not at all. There are plenty of business and work opportunities all over the world. Stay mad though.

W E W
E
W
sites.uci.edu/iotsity/

>falling for the "every veteran has ptsd" meme

What's it like being a drooling retard?

you lost idiot

Based ameri-nip is based.

Seems like a fucking meme. Wtf is an integrated system. Unless you would be doing basic research you are probably wasting your time.

Lost what?

Great rebuttal after fighting for Shlomo! The grunts with ptsd have no marketable skills AND HAVE TO use the GI Bill. That's why it was created because all the pog and grunts with ptsd who can't hold don't a normal job and plus their double digit iqs ended up homeless and if lucky in fast food.

I'm a Middle Eastern man, but with how the US categorizes things I'm considered a fucking white male.

I want minority money and affirmative action too.

Guess I need to get through life actually trying instead of being a diversity hire.

>engineering
>scholarships everywhere if you have a vagina
>white males pick off the scraps

I guess I will google it for you, also normie detected.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_integration

i just took loans and now im working for the government so other people can pay it :^)

meant for

I'm fucking sure, spic.

My dream was to become historian, i didnt even do history in igcse (2 years of highschool) i just did it for IB (last 2 years of highschool) worked hard and noe im a historian with a t-shirt design buisness with my best friend on the side

>studying Internet Of Things
choke on soylent, bugman

Sure, kid.

I assume it's because no one (they respect) told them that's what's going to happen. If the education system wasn't all about making $$$ (from clueless students / their parents) there probably would be more awareness.

im this

but not w/o living off daddy...I had a job...

oh and I went to university and hd a blast....

oh and I Got an actually good degree

>someone is doing better than me they must be a minority
vs.
>someone is doing better than me they must be white

Literally SJW tier. Fuck off failure.

Probably older than you, left the chef meme for the engineering meme faggot.

Ok, so it is a meme

Eat a peanut

why? the media.

>everything can be done from the comfort of my moms basment
They have access to money and equipment I could never dream of. But k.

Stop being gay and get a job as a fisherman

Its the driving force behind Moore's law. The reason you can talk shit behind that keyboard/phone in modern times.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law

>Tell my parents 4 year college is a dangerous meme
>"Where'd you here that from? I'm sure you can pay your student debt, back when I was in college..."

I don't really have a choice.

Honestly this sounds awesome.
But naw, I like where I am going.

if you're going into distributed systems side, be aware that there is a huge need for standardization and security due to extremely low bars of the current devices; it might make sense to steer yourself towards one of the companies focused on IoT platforms (if any major players start to evolve), since whoever becomes the new Cisco is going to be worth billions. you probably are aware of this, but that's where a lot of opportunity lies (tying new devices to secure "flagship devices" under a unified brand)

or just go ancap and figure out ways to build a better distributed bitcoin miner without overheating devices

>Wtf is an integrated system
try turning your computer off and not turning it back on again

Damn didn't realize it would be so easy to trigger your autism. actually gave a good reason for not joining the military for the GI bill, a completely understandable, rational, concise explanation.

You, on the other hand, launched into some nonsense about not using the GI bill until 25 (I don't even know where you got this information but most people get out of the military at 22/23 if you joined after high school) and then completely annihilated your credibility when you spouted the "lol enjoy dying for Israel!!!" meme.

Sure, there are a lot of people in the military who are dumb and hopeless and will still be dumb and hopeless when they get out; those people aren't who I'm talking about. It's entirely possible however, to join the military out of high school, then get out at a reasonable age with on the job experience, money in the bank, and 4 years of free college.

I don't know why you had to get so triggered. It's a legitimate path to higher education for a lot of people.

San Diego College Republican by chance? If so tell the twins Ryan says hi!

should have checked the "African" box when you had the chance

RUN FUCKER, RUN

>>Go to a university for 4 years instead of community college for 2 then transfer
>people told me it was just as expensive
depends on the school, but most of the time it is cheaper and it is smaller classes instead of the auditorium size ones for english 101 etc

this

No I'm pretty sure Moore's law is fulfilled because of people who do basic research into things like solid state physics and CPU design and thermal management. I don't see how "Systems integration" has anything to do with that. Please explain exactly what Systems integration is because the wikipedia article is useless and reads like a programming methodology wankery (another meme)

>how to get a matrix of billions of transistors to operate in sync is not integrated systems.
It's kinda cute to get you to understand these things comes with pushback, but you are still learning.
B-.
2 years to go before I apply. I still have 2 years of undergrad to do. I cross the bridge of choosing grad school when I get there, as who knows what the markets are looking at in 2 years..

Will do user

This long reply

This triggered

Didn't read

Kek

Except you did read it and it wasn't that long and you got BTFOed fite me irl m8

HS senior here, OP.

Should I do a boring degree in law or "follow my dream" as advised by my teachers & family & select cinema/journalism?

My eyes accidentally read your last sentence. The only legitimate path this is for is poor fags with no other options (military is majority non white) other than minimum wage so they leech on the tax payer and even if they graduate the only place with vet highering preference is the gob mint, so more tax payer gibsmedats. First military then gibill then government LOL.

What is your dream? :3

Law is an awful over saturated degree with no job outlooks

Your choices for a degree worth going to college for are:

Accounting
Engineering
Finance
Nursing
Doctor of Medicine
Computer Science

Other then that don't bother, try a trade school instead

>military is majority non white
This is provably false
>highering
Opinion discarded

tbf, schools really shilled the Uni meme to kids. A lot drop out after the first year when they realise they fucked up

>not being a diesel mechanic and earning $67k a year for working 6 hours a day and being part owner of a mini mart bringing in an additional $23k a year
ayo hol up muhfuqah!

Be a journalist in exotic oriental countries or a successful actor, and everyone's pushing me that way but I sense that law may be more successful.

I suck at science & math since I was 12.

Literally me except I dropped out in my 3rd year because of my bad attitude.
I did have the time of my life until the alcohol, drugs and sugar helped me get depressed.
I have no degree and never will be able to get one.
At least when I went it was only £3k a year and desu there are people in my work who did get a degree so clearly it's not a ticket to success.

>I suck at science and math
Then either learn science or math, or get fit and do the trade route. Welders and plumbers make great money and all you need for that is to be stronk

Being a lawyer or adviser for movie/music industry copyright rights doesn't sound so bad, does it? Plus, limited knowledge of math needed.

I get a feeling that according to you law is only about being court lawyers. To me there are a lot of unseen niches.

Don't know meaby become one of them law consultants or whatever and atleast try to be happy.

>Then either learn science or math
one does not exist without the other, cept biology to an extent.

You still haven't explained exactly what integrated systems is or how it is useful.

I could say I'm doing research on something fucking stupid like agile programming methodologies and then say ">how to get a 1 million line program to work in sync isn't agile programming methodology" but it wouldn't make a difference because some gay programming methodology isn't elemental to programming, its more akin to a mythology that an organization adopts to facilitate easier communication and management.

So what the fuck is integrated systems. Getting billions of transistors to operate in sync sounds like a clocking issue.

So you are a PR rep? If you are good at social engineering it could be pretty cool.

Yeah sorry I meant "and"

If that's really what you want then it's on you, I'm just warning you that there's a high chance you're gonna regret it in 4 years

No. I could be. Not so good at being a social dude but heh whatever the fuck society requires of me, you know?

As long as I make average bucks in my field.

Yeah guess I'll become a Neet anyway, my country is so fucked.

I have googled for you already. time to start doing it on your own kiddo.

It's pushing 50% and if you count all caztisos and mixes it easily is.

>Muh spelling

Wow you sure proved me wrong. The military is definitely where all the smart people with huge career prospects go.

In America, perhaps.
In France it's pretty shit.

Even back in the 70s, my granddad was a major in the submarines, he got a lot of ear & ball damages (psychological too since his sub nearly sank)

-> Not the armed forces

PS: And ofc very little compensation

This really turned me off.

Oh yeah, here's the "if you don't succeed you're just a lazy white prick" meme

>mother shoots herself freshman year of highschool
>still graduate top 8% of class with a 4.0
>part of student council, started on football team that won back-to-back state championships
>apply to state school where I should get auto-accept for top 8% ranking
>someone still get denied
>have to appeal and only get in because my high school flipped a shit

Okay, so get into college

>go pre-med
>fuck around freshman year, get shit GPA, but work it back up
>dad turns full alcoholic and cuts off all support, have to work two jobs to live and take lout student loans
>have 3.8 GPA Junior Year, Score top 12% on MCAT
>Get two interview invites for medical school, kill them both
>Get waitlisted by both schools
>looks like I'll have to reapply and somehow spend 1000s of dollar on applications

Man, if only I just worked harder!

Yeah, the wikipedia page pretty much said "making shit work together".

>System integration is defined in engineering as the process of bringing together the component sub-systems into one system (an aggregation of subsystems cooperating so that the system is able to deliver the overarching functionality) and ensuring that the subsystems function together as a system,[1] and in information technology[2] as the process of linking together different computing systems and software applications physically or functionally,[3] to act as a coordinated whole.

>The system integrator integrates discrete systems utilizing a variety of techniques such as computer networking, enterprise application integration, business process management or manual programming.

This is what any programmer or EE does. What exactly are you supposed to study or research in the field of systems integration because anything I could imagine is already covered by other fields.

>doxxing yourself
Why?

everyone with unpaid student debt should be sent to debtors prison

Not to worry! Your new calling is to kill as many invaders and traitors as possible, while redpilling normies.