Chinese scientists build the world's first quantum computing machine

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TFcXM60RY28

Chinese scientists have built the world's first quantum computing machine, paving the way for this technology to outperform classical, or conventional, computers.

Scientists announced their achievement during a press conference in the Shanghai Institute for Advanced Studies of University of Science and Technology of China on Wednesday.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-Wave_Systems
scmagazine.com/rsa-confirms-lockheed-hack-linked-to-securid-breach/article/559000/
youtube.com/watch?v=Eak_ogYMprk
sciencealert.com/china-is-claiming-it-s-already-started-testing-an-em-drive-in-space
sciencealert.com/rumours-that-the-us-military-is-testing-an-em-drive-on-board-the-x-37b-space-plane-just-won-t-die
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>first

>quantum

every time I see this word I know I'm about to read some pseudo science

>it's an abacus but the beads are really really small

No they didnt

NSA has had one for quite some time now you dirty rice eating mong.

Welp, that's it folks. The race for super intelligence has been lost. Better start learning mandarin.

Chinks are subhumans and liars, I call bullshit unless they provide proof.

You know what's better than eating a mandarin?
Eating Amanda out.

This. Joke article

What exactly is the difference between a quantum computer and a regular one?

No one has built an actual quantum computer yet

Cheat codes to the universe.

Underrated

If you want to speak the language of our future overlords learn to code.

many people have claimed that they successfully build the first

i believe it when i see it

>Chinese scientists have built the world's first quantum computing machine

Considering that they make fake rice there, I'm skeptical.

In what way? Really I don't know.

Chinese don't ever make things first anymore. They just replicate.

Quantum computers are not and never will be as "fast" as regular computers.

They are however very good at a small set of computations such as breaking encryption.

you know that thing with the cat and the box and the bomb and not knowing if the cat is still alive or dead

Quantum computing is like that. QC supposedly uses a special trait of atoms that allows it to the multiple computations at once, instead of the traditional computer's one at a time

>China already has the most powerful supercomputer in the world as well as the largest number of supercomputers
>westerners refuse to believe because lmao fuken gooks

China is run by engineers, it's basically a technocracy, the west is pretty much fucked against ruthless and pragmatic China.

Quantum computing = light speed travel of computing

nice clock. you build that at school?

>implying united states technical innovations aren't done by the military

The main idea is that standard computers store and manipulate data as *Bits*; binary units which can either be 0 or 1 (charged or uncharged).
Quantum computing makes use of the *Qubit*, which can be 0, 1, or both (superposition). That means more information can be stored in each qubit, vastly increasing information storage in the same given number of registers.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-Wave_Systems

Ok

Think of it like this:
Binary computing - 1 and 0 - two variables
Quantum computing - 1 and 0 and in-between-1-and-0 - three variables

You could easily crack every binary code in seconds if you have a variable more and the necessary processing power.

Pls elaborate in pleb terms

Yes and Zhang steals that shit right away and sends it all back to Chyna, $100b a year in intellectual property.

>If you want to speak the language of our future overlords learn to code.
wrong
learn Hebrew

>the most powerful quantum computer in the world uses Windows XP

Sup Forums BTFO again, GNU/Linux is just a meme

Fuck off

came here to post this but you beat me to it

The Chinks will find your hentai folder faster than the FBI.

> First

Let's just forget the fact that UCSB has had one for 5 years

Kek

yeah make no mistake the US is very much a technocratic oligarchy built upon a masonic tyranny of Greek and Roman Catholic theocracy. Trojan Horse has already been injected to our source code.

B-but h-hentai is not i-i-illegal

>Chinese people can only steal the white mans inventio-

Sup Forums BTFO

>CHINA INVENTS FIRST QUANTUM COMPUTER
>CHINA MAKES FIRST SUSTAINING FUSION REACTOR
>CHINA MAKES FIRST SUPER HUMAN
>CHINA LANDS FIRST HUMAN ON MARS
>CHINA DESTROYS ALL NON_SUPER_HUMANS WITH VIRUS

welcome to the CHINA timeline

Would a quantum computer be faster at everything? I know nothing abt computers.

> First

Yeah let's also forget that lockheed martin has one in San Diego for over 10 years

Prime numbers

>implying spies didn't steal this tech

So to go along with OP supa puter read about the Lockheed martin security badge scandal years ago ( It was China) and FYI Lockheed has had a quantum puter for over 10 years in San Diego

and now they will use the quantum computer to steal more shit, what's your point? all your shit is being advanced by Chinese because you guys are too busy jerking off to anime

quantum mechanics is bullshit

see

They say its gonna solve complex problems, but thing is our GOV has been using them for over a decade to spy

There's no such thing as a quantum.

A true quantum computer would be faster at everything.
The D-Wave that Nasa and Google use is only faster at specific tasks and horrifically slow at everything else.

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-Wave_Systems
are you fucking retarded? Quantum computers have been around for a long time, china is like the last to build one.

Try not to swallow every buzzjew article you read.

Only works with that shitty fucking accent.

look up D-WAve

Yes

Real quantum computing in not feasible in any near future. Everything you hear about muh quantum computing right now is overfsimplified, inefficient and unusable for any real problem simulation of quantum state on conventional hardware.

>world's first

It's a little like guessing the correct password/combination for a safe, by guessing every possible combination at the same time to give you the correct answer.

On a mechanical level, you can have bits in the computer exist in a gradient (1, 0 or somewhere between 0 and 1, instead of just 0 or just 1). These in theory are called q bits.

What this lets you do, with enough qbits, is solve all the math problems that take lots of random guesses because you can simulate all the guesses as once

This breaks all modern cryptography which is based on the idea of it being really really hard to guess your password

This is an oversimplification, and the way to beat it is by making everyone longer and longer so quantum computers have to be prohibitively expensive to work on larger and larger problems that take linearly more qbits to solve

>tfw passing time waiting for the language pack dlc

gradient is a derivative for a function with multiply variables

100% bullshit, if China or any country for that matter created a real Quantum computer they would keep that shit under wraps because it's use is equal to that of a superweapon.

Imagine having a computer so advanced and fast that it would be able to discover a multitude of new prime numbers in seconds?

A computer that powerful would effectively crack every single cyber security of any government in mere minutes and easily manipulate the global markets at will.

I haven't read the article, but if it's true than China should expect black op attacks from various nations.

scmagazine.com/rsa-confirms-lockheed-hack-linked-to-securid-breach/article/559000/

superpower

You blew it, nip. Should have went with...

>4d abacus with nanoscale beads

>exploited an Adobe Flash zero-day vulnerability to successfully infiltrate its systems and steal information related to its SecurID products.
unrelated. also 2011.

Quantum computing is not about making more random guesses.
It is about simulating (only some) algorithms in a way that leaves some of the unneeded (intermediate) states/calculations in the uncertainty.
This is especially strong in cases where traditional computing cannot conveniently "skip" a step that is not technically capable of.

Take for example prime factorization.
Conventional computer is slow because it cannot algorithmically skip some of the calculations steps that are in theory already proven to be redundant.
For quantum computing, unneeded (bit of) information exists in single superstate and is resolved only when needed.

Oh look it's the eternally butthurt kiwi hater.
You know you don't have to take the missus to NZ if you're worried about the local Maori knocking her up again.

How is that an answer? Superpower what?

He's probably drunk at the wheel of a T90

Can I shitpost on Sup Forums using a quantum computer?

Have you lived in China? Just by looking at the city layout and architecture you can tell that the country isn't run by engineers.

he means china is going to be the next super power possibly, this could be serious its probably true. I wouldnt doubt we will have spies steal this within weeks 1950s are back boys some what of the cool super spy shit this time its gonna be more serious

>"would likely not be more powerful than a cellphone"

Wow I'm so impressed Canada, truly a weapon to surpase Metal Gear...

You can't imply he meant all of that by just dropping the term "superpower" as a complete sentence.

Did they BUILD it or did they DESIGN it?

Gooks are only slaves, from what I've heard.

Bow before us whittu piggu

Ni hao,

He is correct. China is a big superpower.

>funny memes
yet they still beat you to it by creating a working one

>bb-b-but muh CEE AI EY!! THEY BUILT IT IN SECRET YOU EUROFAG!!!

no proof

But can it run Crysis on max settings?

Never been done my friend.

impressive digits

That's totally false....

>can it run crisis on max settings
>With 8k texture mods
ftfy

hasnt there been a couple of quantum processor in use for a couple of years now in the US Coulda sworn Google had one.

>Quantum computers are not and never will be as "fast" as regular computers.

Doubt that. If you combine regular and quantum computers, it could theoretically be as fast and be better at decoding encryption at the same time.

And you did jack shit with your tech because you are too busy jerking and sucking off your elites' vested interests first. What's your point?

i can count the qubits on one hand

Let god emperor chad Trudeau explain to you:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eak_ogYMprk

Lol run by engineers yet fails to produce advanced domestic weapons. The only reason they have a "modern" military is because of their corporate and government espionage. China is advanced in the same way the Soviet airforce copied most western aircraft post ww2. Espionage is used to make up their lack of knowledge, it however does not replace skilled and educated workers.

They also have a EM drive senpai
>sciencealert.com/china-is-claiming-it-s-already-started-testing-an-em-drive-in-space
19 Dec 2016

>sciencealert.com/rumours-that-the-us-military-is-testing-an-em-drive-on-board-the-x-37b-space-plane-just-won-t-die
12 April 2017

>It's a little like guessing the correct password/combination for a safe, by guessing every possible combination at the same time to give you the correct answer.

"If you take just one piece of information from this blog:
Quantum computers would not solve hard search problems
instantaneously by simply trying all the possible solutions at once."
-Scott Aaronson, Shtetl-Optimized

well, there is plenty of cheap labour in chinko land

>China built a government funded quantum computer

>USA already has companies selling these

Kys chink lover

This is a propaganda video from the Chinese version of Russia Today. It's like you guys don't even look into what you're clicking on. CGTN is a state run Chinese channel, of course they're going to claim it's the first quantum computer even when it isn't.

This. A real quantum computer could break society because any conventional encryption can be solved trivially. If someone nefarious had one, they could stir up some real shit.

>This China philosophy

>Make America r&d ,while they just copy

It revenge.for the Brits drugging them

America: DIY (do it yourself)
China: CIY (copy it yourself)

FAKE NEWS
move along guys, nothing to see here

Haha chink get fucked with quads of your most hated number