Is Greek Life the next Redpill?

>leftist faggots hate it
>very right wing
>jews keep mostly to themselves in their own fraternities
>hot girls literally begging to get into your parties
>brotherhood
>career networking
>get to drink and have a good time with friends, but also assist each other with studies
>Most US Presidents apart from Obongo were in a fraternity

Nice pic, pi kappa phi brother here

Southern or Northern school? I go to a school in the northeast thats been in the news lately for a crackdown on greek life. Not looking good for us greeks

But, yeah only some fraternities would be considered redpilled. So many frats are filled with libs and the lib colleges are trying to whip all the frats into their lib vision of what a fraternity really is.

south, baby

>cultural appropriation

Um, can you not?

I wish I would've gone to a school with a big greek culture and joined.

Yes, it costs some money but you spend it as part of a social group.

>fraternityx
Enjoy :)

nepotism is not redpilled
you should probably marry a Jewess

I know right, it probably makes Plato cry seeing these stupid white bois appropriating his peoples (ebony) culture

american college fraternities seems gay as fuck considering they have a ritual to spank each other asses

no, frat guys are fucking retards

most of the money goes to booze or funding philanthropy events in the community
Plus, you get to live in essentially a mansion with your best friends

ever heard of the elephant walk?

stay woke

sometimes things that make for a good scene in a movie don't happen in real life

Fraternities are the last bastion of right wing thinking on my campus, glad to be a part of one

Joining a brotherhood was one of the best choices I've made in life. Many of the orgs from my area were very liberal and were alike to that fucking south park frat.

I see two niggers and an indian.

I think greek life will become more and more important with the increasingly nonwhite demographics and the escalation of diversity enrollments in schools.

When I went to college a decade ago, it was overwhelmingly white. You didn't need greek life to make friends and connections, because everyone was already your people. But on an increasingly brown/black campus? Frats will be the way for white people to congregate, because frats are implicitly white and shitskins never bother with them.

pay debts, papadopoulos

Fraternities have been under attack by the left for quite a while now (manliness and exclusivity are forbidden in leftist safe spaces)

Nah man c'mon
frat bros are all closet homosexuals

Plus, when Trump won the election, my fraternity threw a blowout America themed party

How dare you fucking make me reply on mobile. I wanted to go to sleep now I have to reply to this bullshit thread. Fraternities. Red pilled? AHAHAHAHAHAAH. Wait.. you're serious? Are you a retard. Do you realize if you join a frat you're automatically so incredibly blue pilled. You're so pathetic that you need to pay for friends. The only reason people join frats is behind the Hollywood Jew programs high schoolers, both males and females into thinking that le crazy party lifestyle is so awesome. High schoolers try so hard to be popular in high school, and they join frats/sorotities in college because they cannot deal with losing their status. That's why they have social media. They all have to show each other how much "fun" they're having. Meanwhile they're sucking each other's dongs at imitation rituals and spreading STDs like wildfires. Deep down being a slut wears down a girl mentally. And for guys they hate the idea of second questioning fraternities because they're afraid of rejection.

In conclusion, those that join frats and sorotities are actually the most insecure of the high schoolers. They need likes on Instagram and Facebook to feed their fragile egos. They're afraid of rejection for whatever reason. They're afraid of the real world, so they drink to pretend the real harsh reality doesn't exist. They're essentially the muggles of the spiritual world. You have to kind of feel bad for them though, as they're a direct result of Jewish propaganda. It's no surprise drinking and sex is featured in Hollywood.

>Most US Presidents apart from Obongo were in a fraternity

he was in a fraternity

t. Jealous geed who didn't get a bid from any house

At the very least we share a common enemy with frat culture.

Sounds like you got rejected from Greek.

no bid?

I couldn't get in so I automatically hate it.

Greek life is a redpill but not the american college greek life meme

Ok so I'm not trying to give you shit... I went to one rush event and decided not to pursue it.

But literally, that's the only thing a lot of Greeks that I know respond with. I definitely don't agree with the idea that just because someone went Greek, they were just paying for their friends. I think a lot of anti-greek sentiment is silly... But seriously, is "You're jealous you didn't get a bid," the only response out there?

Surely, out of the large group of people who didn't go Greek, their jealousy can not ALWAYS be the reason for their negative feelings.

Plz enlighten.

yea, undergrad had no greek life
grad did

plus they help you with your classes, get you a job network, have people you can ask for career advice, take trips to places, seemed like it be really cool

It's just satire used to combat actual hate mongering against Greek. I don't believe what the previous poster said was related to being rejected from Greek life but their post added nothing but hatred without reason or theme beyond to perpetuate hate.

As to why it is often used by others, is because of half hearted asshats that ruin Greek image. People like yourself who dipped their toes in it and decided against it are very respectable. Though often there will be people that will ridicule Greek life after they went to a few rushes which is about as fun as someone making comments about your family, positive or not, without knowing anything about your family or its backstory. It is much worse when someone joins a Greek org and treats it with as much respect as a middle school book club.

Alright I'll indulge you on those previous points

First of all, "paying for friends" is the stupidest misconception. You're paying because you're pooling your money with your brothers to put on events, do philanthropy, upkeep the house (cleaning supplies, building projects, etc.) new member education, plenty of other things. Trust me if our treasurer was wasting our money there would be hell to pay

Every person has their own reasons for joining. I can assure you nothing gay happened to me when I was a pledge and I'm pretty sure we don't all have STDs. There are parties yes and I do like to drink with my brothers but boiling it down to just that is naive, the 24/7 party life railing sluts all the time is just a Hollywood meme. I joined because I genuinely liked the guys and felt a true brotherly bond with them, and felt like it was a place I could help grow and could also help me become a better person through upholding our fraternity values. Not to mention I feel I learned a lot about leadership and in general just the nature of people by holding officer positions and observing internal politics

As far as sororities go it's a similar story although I couldn't go into as much detail. But thinking they're all stupid drunk sluts is also naive. Sororities have very strict nationals and standards that would fuck their members if they were really doing all of this degenerate shit. The main sluts at parties are non sorority girls who buy into the Hollywood memes and want to bang frat guys

Keep in mind there will always be bad eggs that do embody the stereotypes, but the majority of other Greek life students I've met are fine people. Not to mention, on average a fraternity man/sorority woman is definitely more right leaning politically than most of campus

fair

All of this is true. It's where the rich and driven guys on campus go because it's easy access to cheap booze and cheap women, and the connections just from knowing the grip.

Just keep in mind that you didn't answer my questions. You just defended Greek life.

I'm not making any assumptions as to why you joined. I'm just making the point that "you didnt get a bid," and calling someone a gdi isn't a very thoughtful argument.

Again, not talking shit. I just think that neither side (anti-greek or greek,) is making a really solid argument.

What are your questions then? Are those points I made not reasons to want to join?

And yes I know calling someone a no bid geed isn't an argument, it's just typically why someone holds a personal grudge against Greek life, I responded to a non argument with another non argument

lmao
OP's pic frat with pajeets
not even once

>But seriously, is "You're jealous you didn't get a bid," the only response out there?

That is a question, Sir. I never accused you of "paying for friends," participating in gay buttsex (which surely you do,) or made any assumptions about sorority girls.

I didn't ask you why I should rush, I asked why you can't come up with something more creative than calling someone jealous...

t. geed

My mistake, I thought this was a continuation of that previous angry anti Greek rant

So your only question is why can't I come up with a better response to anti Greek people? Maybe if I knew you personally I'm sure I could come up with a more creative reason, but in general it is people who couldn't make the cut or those who believe the stereotypes that don't like Greek life, I don't really see any other reasons as to why you wouldn't want to be part of a brotherhood if you could

Must be the asshat that was talking about.

>calling someone sir on Sup Forums

GO BACK

Because I don't want other people spending my money and I'll never be someone's bitch (pledge)

If you think that's fun go for it but I aint that type of nigga

Fuck off, faggot.

Better?

TKE here. fraternities are bluepilled as fuck. Most members are libtarded

To be frat is to not care and if you can't get with that you're clearly a faggot. Greeks no give a fuck. Dekes especially don't give a fuck. We join cuz it's an easy way to learn to be a fucking gentleman, not some pussy who drinks craft beer then feels the need to talk about it. Having a brotherhood makes you a higher status because you stand for something other than just yourself in a day to day basis. ITB to my fellow brothers if y'all are reading.

I hope you never have a job because you'll always be someone's "bitch". Or live in society that has laws and regulations and a functioning government

And it's not like the treasurer is going off spending your money on things at his discretion, do you people realize we vote on a budget and argue about it for many hours every semester?

I don't know why I bothered explaining any of this shit to you thick headed autists who will never understand at 4 AM during finals week. Shout out to my chi phi brothers, good luck on exams

As a final note if you have any sort of social skills and are financially able to do so at least give rushing a shot, but I'm sure most of you won't fulfill that first requirement

This post convinced me never to join a fraternity. Frat bros clearly give a fuck, get over yourself.

>paying for friends
pls

So you claim frats don't give a fuck then you throw in the "learn to be a gentleman" bullshit. Take it down a notch man, nobody on campus like the super tryhard frat. I will agree that brotherhood does make you apart of something bigger than yourself. But fuck u again, craft beer is dope

>Burgers unironically do this shit

Holy shit you people are losers HAHAHAHA

You are a fucking TKE what do you expect? Join a better frat that's not full of pussies

Non-greeks see them as rich-kid clubs where people buy their way into prefab "friendship networks," so they're seen as lacking in authenticity.

Also, because members dress and act alike (enforced dress and social codes), frats come to represent conformity, which people from strict secondary-school backgrounds might find distasteful.

The parties can be fun, but at the same time can involve a nauseating level of douchiness. Very few frat members take any of it seriously after ~sophomore year, and the ones who do are effectively outing themselves as socially inept