What is your home defense strategy?

what is your home defense strategy?
armed home invasion is now a reality living in australia. and 'home / self defense' is still non existent on any official legal guidelines i can find.
all i can seem to find is that pepper spray and tasers are both banned, and the police should be called if you are involved in a home invasion.
i currently am sleeping during the day and up all night, and i have a razor sharp knife hidden in reach in every room, and i have oil on a hotplate most nights, ready to throw over an intruder.
i feel like this whole situation would be a lot safer if i had a taser or small caliber handgun on my person at all times.
why is there still NO options for self defense in australia?

Other urls found in this thread:

legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/criminal-offences/carrying-weapons
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokaimura_nuclear_accident
youtube.com/watch?v=0mduR6SOcdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>oil on a hot plate

Must live in a castle.

Also, checked.

Spear down a long hall way
If they've got a gun I'm fucked

I think the oil on a hot plate is going to be more dangerous over the years than the possibility of an intruder.

boomerang

you know even using household onjects as weapons in the hope can lead to serious charges. The best thing to do is leave the property or at the very least comply with the intruder. Police will deal with the situation.

You can defend yourself in your home if a reasonable person would see that you acted in self-defense with proportionate force, and you had no chance to flee (the latter generally means in your house that you can't chase after the criminal and kill him if he's fleeing; you generally can't flee in your house if someone is intended to harm you).

I have several firearms. They're "stored properly", but it only takes be several seconds to grab one and ammo.

I have plenty of melee weapons, but I'll take a firearm.

Wtf pepper spray is banned explain?

Thought you were just noguns

>Lives in Australia
>Thinks home invaders are his biggest problem

What makes you think this way is instead of fighting the intruder and killing him to protect your valuables and family?

Females in Western Australia can carry pepper spray I'm pretty sure, but females only.

I figure If I start throwing my own shit around they will be disgusted and leave

>the place is surrounded in bacon to keep the muzzies out.

phew
I thought I was the only one who kept a pot of boiling oil on the stove in case of a home invasion.

What if you decide to identify as a female that day? It's all good, right?

>live in britistan
>self defence outlawed
>police force critically under-funded to the point where actually seeing a cop is like seeing a black man in japan
>police literally take days to respond to a robbery
>pikey breaks into house
>stab him to death and bury in the woods
>no one even notices

In fact some old geezer put some .12gau into some "promising footballers" recently and was aquitted.

Crossbows too...

also, checkem

Crossbows too?
I thought we could own them.

We can carry a knife though (For cutting food obviously) can't we?

don't think so, cops gave me a hard time once when I had a box cutter on the way home from work

Chemical fire extinguishers are handy. You can have one next to your bed, spray it on an intruder like mace and them hit them with it.

What state?
I thought we can carry a knife, but not for self defense

VIC

Non. Here, if you kill burglar you end up in jail.

will be a nice surprise for the junkie who tries breaking into my house at 3am and gets turned into a human dim sim.

Any home invader will have to get past me and my 9 (iron)

If someone is breaking in they clearly need what i have more than I do. I am not given the authority by government to protect myself nor am i adequately trained.

I bet it is

Several steel pipes around my house I'd prob be going to jail if some cunt broke in

Probably just throw shit at them, grab a knife or a torch to beat them.

Never even experienced burglary or anything similar so I would have no clue until it actually happened.

legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/criminal-offences/carrying-weapons

>The law says you can’t carry, possess or use a weapon to hurt people or to defend yourself.

>If the police believe you are illegally carrying a weapon, they can search you and your car without a warrant. If they find a weapon they can take it from you.

How am I supposed to cut cheese or other food then?

Hopefully the customs don't seize the knife I just bought, an m82

already had a home invasion once before, the police didn't catch them literally walking out of my house so there was no evidence to charge them.
next time it happens and i am not able to 'stop' them inside my house i am getting in my landcruiser and mowing them down in the street.

I live by the woods so a burglar would never be found.

Mate what the fuck are you worried about? Chill

cause in Australia, the defender is likely to go to jail

carry a cheese slicer

>cheese slicer
What am I a mexican???
kek
How would I be able to skin an animal then...

Get a big dog. Makes a good companion and can be trained to fuck strangers up.

this seppo knows

>oil on a hotplate

What is a gun license, what is a hunting rifle, what are pistols?

Dragon dildos

Not here it isn't.
Also 80-90% of my town has firearms (legal, licensed).

>tfw you will never throw boiling oil on african invaders

highly recommended. if they get away you can find them in the burn ward later and finish them off.

what is victoria?

Enjoy jail

Yeah... That's not even everything.

Also, no one but faggots and foreigners care about the the senpai

what's the story behind this photo again?

i remember seeing it years ago. something about radiation destroying chromosomes and scientists deciding to keep him alive for (((science)))

Large kitchen knives.
Kinda want a gun too, but that requires joining clubs and background checks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokaimura_nuclear_accident
radiation is a helluva drug.

You need them locked up when not in use and I guarantee you a magistrate will fuck you harder for using your own weapon for self defence than the home intruder. Welcome to Australia, the fucked country.

Potential jail time if you use it on invaders.
Our legal system is a joke.

good goy, don't defend yourself

I have 10 pitbulls strategically placed around the house, if they maul somebody I just have to put it down, if somebody breaks through the dog wall they will have to face their worst nightmare, I'm REALLY strong.

Pure communism

Where do you live to feel so paranoid?

It is threads like this that make me feel blessed to be an American, where a hotplate of boiling oil can be part of my everyday carry.

northern suburbs of methbourne.

nah, it only highlights how shit at science the alarmists are. run it back a few hundred million years, then stop bleating.

Literally nigger country. Come live in sunny qld with your brothers

Move to Frankston, it's rapidly evolving into one of the best suburbs in Melbourne. What a time to be alive.

guns lots of guns everywhere
i sleep with a revolver in my hand, speedloader on my nightstand. pretty comfy

Even us bongs are permitted to kill in home intrusions with whatever is available. A gun if you get a license (shotgun license is easy to get) or buy a crossbow.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Cunt.

already looking at rural properties on zillow every day.
i want a U.S citizenship more than anything in the world.

Just a sword our colonial army used in the last war we ever won

>Tfw you're eternally watchful hoping for the chance to use your scorpio ballista

>TFW live in Townsville comfy suburb for 20 years and never had issue but now getting constant break-ins or attempted ones every couple months

Seriously what in the fuck is going on, and i cant even defend myself because if i knifed one of the shitskins i would likely end up imprisoned because of our absolutely cucked home-defence laws. Fuck this country

Ahh Victoria, the SJW capitol of Aus. Good to see all that diversity is paying off, plus those lady silhouettes at the traffic lights.

Speaking of this, anyone else noticing how utterly crooked our fellow country men seem to be of late? It seems that just about everyone I know seems to be stealing from someone else.

I feel like I'm one of the only honest people left.........

youtube.com/watch?v=0mduR6SOcdY

Oh shit. You should equip your self with bacon rashers.

Just give them what they want? They're obviously less fortunate than you, and you're living in lands your ancestors stole anyway. Please forgive my flag I'm a swede on vacation in San Francisco.

got a roman gadius too. weighted at the end, much better than a machete.

SF has a similar black/drug issue like we see here in parts of australia. Go down to the tenderloins and buy pot plants off crack heads of you teuly want to give to those in need.

>tfw mechanic
>ute cab is full of spanners, ball peen hammer and an arms length of solid steel bar

Same goes for my bedroom, it's full of "weapons" that my profession would consider a tool.

Then your dog will get put down because "muh dangerous breed" and then expect a public liability case.

Just put up an Abo flag outside and leave an old rusted bike with no wheels outside on your unmowed lawn. No cunt will come in.

burgers can not into shitposting

none of those are black or pray towards mecca

so they're not a problem

Where the fuck do you live mate?>

You must be in a trailer park or the ghettos

Invest in a tactical barbell, my man

It's basically illegal in Australia to defend yourself.
That said, I don't give a fuck any more. I've bought every weapon I can legally buy without going through any bullshit; swords, hunting bows, baseball bats, knives, spears, axes, etc.
Crossbows are illegal in every state unless you join a bullshit archery club and manage to get the police to sign off on a special exemption.
Ordinary compound bows, the type you can use for hunting, that will drop a man-size target, are however perfectly legal and require no special permissions, or even ID to purchase.
>We can carry a knife though
You cannot carry anything specifically for the purpose of self-defence. If you're found by police to be in possession of a knife, you need to provide a "lawful excuse" to carry it, to the arbitrary standard of whatever the cop who stops you thinks is a good enough reason. Being a tradie and having a stanley knife in your pocket, you'd be OK, but there's basically no excuse except being on your way to or from a hunting/fishing trip to carry anything decent like a bowie knife. I was charged with "being in possession of a controlled weapon" for having a fucking Swiss army knife in my pocket when I was 16, and the cockhead magistrate found me guilty for it.
You can get away with having that stuff in your car because you have a "legitimate" use for it. For a non-tradie to get done with all that in their car, they'd be fucked.

Some Swedes or Norwegians did actually get stabbed to death in the TL here a few years back, I tried googling it but results were clogged up with a Brit who got stabbed in the head in 2016. Good luck with your tweaker problem, they're fucking awful.

>if you break into my house, i'll beat you the fuck up
>if you break into my house, i'll shoot you
I don't care if I go to prison for defending myself.

What kind of soft cock abandons their own home when some shithead comes to rob it?
The police are fucking useless, unless you're breaking the speed limit or having a beer in public they don't want to know about it.

Grab the can of deodorant on my drawer next to my bed and hope to god my aim is accurate....be australia...no guns

>Grab the can of deodorant on my drawer next to my bed and hope to god my aim is accurate
Not a bad idea if you grab a lighter too. Decent improvised personal flammenwerfer right there.

Which reminds me, I need to look into the legal requirements for purchasing flare guns...

Get cucked Melbourne you deserve it

"promising footballers" my sides user...and checked

>VIC
one of the easiest states to get a gun licence for shotgun and rifle ($13 and a phone call for state forest letter)

wouldn't have time to use it as a flamethrower, would use it to aim at the attacker's head and throw to stun them so I could then disarm them etc

Axe head on the end of a cricket bat
I'm fucking READY boys

>tfw doesn't own antique black powder guns

I live in a comfy gated apartment block with 24/7 armed guards. I live on the second floor, my main gate and my balcony gates are a large grilled metal outer door and a heavy wooden inner door. All my windows have a half inch thick metal grill inside. If I so much as shout help loudly from my living room, there will be ten armed guards up there in a minute. There is literally zero chance of a home invasion in my house.

>tfw you can afford 24/7 armed guards but not a toilet.