WE WUZ GUNSLANGERZ

Yet another black actor has been hired to play a traditionally white character in the Hollywood rendition of a white man's novel.
The bad guy is an ebil southern white man trying to take down the big black tower of peace and understanding.
The trailer, like most these days, is absolute garbage: youtube.com/watch?v=4C0A2GpMNP8
So let's discuss why they're doing this. Idris Elba is not a good actor. Hollywood is pushing him, and they're pushing him into white men's roles (there was talk for a while about making him James Bond). Do they think that if we see less white men on the big screen, somehow white women will just start swooning over the BBC?
I'm not sure if that's how it works, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, Sup Forums

Aliens told the Jews that if we race mix in a specific combo we will transcend the physical world and go to heaven. Jews want whites to race mix with blacks to create a black/white hybrid race. Then they combined with Jews and we win the game of life.

This was one of my favorite book series. Fuck the Hollyjew

They're going to ruin it, even without a nigger actor. The last book was pretty shit, though.

Can't wait for the whiny liberals to call out the blackwashing.... Oh, wait...

there are official art of him being white in the book and his eye colours are referenced several times. For fuck's sake. Of course Stephen King has no problem with this, but still.

I repeat again. WHERE THE FUCK IS HIS HAT!

Seriously what kind of creative decision was to have a gunslinger who doesn’t wear a hat? It makes him look shit and have less character. Have the filmmakers never watched a western before? There’s a reason hats look good on the screen. They’re cinematic and visually stylistic and work together with different shots and lighting. They even give the actor an individual profile and personality. The way they wear it, the way they squint or peek underneath it, do they hide their face with it or what they do with it when they take it off.

They couldn’t even give Roland the most classic prop in the genre. What the fuck were they thinking?

White Roland is literally a plot point. Black Roland won't make sense.

The movie comes out in August, which means you retards have until then to get all your female normies friends to read it. Then, when it bombs, they'll also hate that good movies are tuned into garbage by minority and women roles.

This looks awful. People actually read this shit?

For those of you not in the know Idris Elba's character is gonna fuck Susan Delgado (Alex McGregor)

You are getting your white female/black male before we even get to the movie involving Detta who will be retconned into a white woman.

>gun isn't some shitty hi-point or random .38
>not holding the gun sideways
>no crack rocks to be seen
suspension of disbelief: ruined

>those comments

this country is finished

>Black meme actor plays white dude

How many times has this happened now? And why is it always Idris? The fuck...

this is not a re-telling of the dark tower books, it is a continuation. this is the reality after the book reality, when roland is transported back to the beginning of his journey, except this time he has the horn.

my point being they will do what ever they want to the plot and fans will just have to accept its cannon

Black people and lefties absolutely lose their minds when they see a black guy wearing a cowboy hat. The cowboy hat has strong implications, such as being hard working, independent, and handy. A black guy in full cowboy attire is an uncle Tom through and through, Hollywood needs this guy to be "black".

I've read The Gunslinger, can't say I'm crazy about them casting a non-white in a white role. That said, I don't think Idris Elba is a bad actor, and I think he'll probably do well in the role, provided (((Hollywood))) don't fuck it up. I don't have high hopes on that front because every time they cast someone of a different race than originally intended they pile on all sorts of garbage to make that character seem more interesting. A task at which they fail miserably each and every time.

>idris elba meme actor
???

I knew this was gonna happen, and then "white detta" is gonna call him a nigger 1000 times because they want racial tension.

"a black woman being racist to a white guy? We can't have that. Cast the lead as black!".

This movie is gonna be cringe.

Bull fucking shit.

I'm not giving the trailer views, does he really have the horn?

They always have to remove the characters flaws in order to not appear as if they are stereotyping. For example, if a character is wrathful then they will remove this flaw because "muh angry black man" offends taste maker critics. That is why all of these diversity characters seem to be so lazily written. They want to portray diversity but then they can not portray a diverse cast as being anything short of a minstrel show of magical negroes. Garbage every time.

>Hollywood needs this guy to be "black".
And that's all the character he's going to have.