Britain Invents Nuclear Fusion

futurism.com/a-world-first-fusion-reactor-just-created-its-first-plasma/

Seriously, do we have to make *every* scientific breakthrough for you idiots?

That means we've discovered FTL travel AND fusion in just this year.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendelstein_7-X
world-nuclear-news.org/NN-German-fusion-reactor-achieves-first-plasma-1612154.html
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3063082/Has-Nasa-built-WARP-DRIVE-Engineers-claim-tested-impossible-engine-travel-faster-speed-light.html
sciencealert.com/tests-confirm-that-germany-s-massive-nuclear-fusion-machine-really-works).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPL_network
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

link to FTL stuff?

Let me know when you've been to the moon.

German and Jewish scientists got the USA to the moon

>tfw the brits become the forefront of a technological revolution, and in an act of revenge use their newfound military power to recolonize the USA and impose a light beer tax to rub salt in the wound

Maybe they can get there really fast with that "FTL" they invented.

Scotland

>one burger with extra salt please

so, not British then... OP BTFO

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendelstein_7-X

You are kind of late to the party.

They were also not American

>...and though this experimental reactor will consume far more power than it generates...

lmao

Is part of Great Britain. Your point is?

>muh moon

We would heavily tax beer with less than 4% alcohol.

You are currently here:

world-nuclear-news.org/NN-German-fusion-reactor-achieves-first-plasma-1612154.html

That was December 2015

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3063082/Has-Nasa-built-WARP-DRIVE-Engineers-claim-tested-impossible-engine-travel-faster-speed-light.html

They say "NASA" invented it, but it was a British engineer working for NASA.

>FTL travel

Literally impossible.

EM drive is cool tho

>>FTL travel
>Literally impossible.

Not necessarily true. You don't have to move to travel. With enough energy you can maybe use a curvature of space to travel faster than light (without moving and offending the theory of relativity)

Ahh, it seems our future conquerors are benevolent after all.

Keep up the good work, Pops.

We offend entire races on a daily basis, who cares about what a stupid kike theory thinks?

>do we brits have to invent everything

Yes, now get back to work pops

Seriously though what the fuck is bud light and why are they shilling it so hard over here?

they didn't invent fusion. they have successfully gotten to a certain stage necessary to produce it. other countries got to other necessary stages before them. and likely other countries will get to later necessary stages before them

Why do Yanks drink "Light" beers whatever the fuck that is? I have noticed it has started to creep over here but I don't understand the appeal.

drink the platinums if you end up getting those, they are 6% and go down like nothing.

Weak livers due to injun genetics. Its why they all smoke weed so much. Basically
>americans
>white

Not if you use a wormhole.

>.dailymail.co.uk

light beer is for like family functions and shit

so you can drink w/o being sloppy

at least that's what i notice, no one actually drinks light beer when trying to get drunk

WE WUZ

First of all:

>Tokamaks were invented in the 1950s by Soviet physicists Igor Tamm and Andrei Sakharov, inspired by an original idea of Oleg Lavrentiev.[1]

The reactor is based on a Russian design concept.

Second, creating plasma is no great achievement. The Wendelstein 7-X reactor, based on an American concept, in Germany did the same (sciencealert.com/tests-confirm-that-germany-s-massive-nuclear-fusion-machine-really-works).

>Not getting drunk with your family then having the yearly family fistfight

>implying there's anything wrong with the daily mail you berk

>britian
>proud celtic naiton
>not just another eternal anglo shithole

WE WUZ PLASMA

that's what i'm saying man

Literally started the industrial revolution and have been at the forefront of scientific process for over 400 years.

Look at the list of thing made by british people then try and claim we are larping.

Yeah but you need to focus that energy at a specific point and you need a lot of it to even begin to start moving.
We don't know if those exist. We may be able to make them but we don't know how the would exist. Could we we even use them?

anglos cant meme haha

Oh, Jesus.... I posted too soon.
Even the Daily mails is couching the FTL part in "maybe".
And it's the memedrive, ffs.

>Not if you use a wormhole.
YES, even if you use a wormhole. Or magic. Or anything.
If you can travel outside your light cone, there's some frame of reference in which you arrive at your destination before you leave your point of origin.
So you'd be able to send messages to yourself backwards in time.
Unless that's how the universe really works, then NO, there's no FTL, not by ANY means.
Don't you cunts pick up ANYTHING from your raids on /sci/?

It's theoretically possible but currently physically impossible.

Only time will tell whether or not we can achieve wormhole travel.

It is an absolute must for the human race to survive. At some point in time in the future the sun is going to die out, by then at the latest we need to be able yo reach other habitable planets or the human race goes extinct.

By that basis alone you shouldn't try to shoot down the idea.

It will soon be EU clay.

>Assuming an Alcubierre Drive's gravitational differential wouldn't rip apart your ship while simultaneously displacing your body in two different times via special relativity

One of the explanations for the observer effect implies that information must be sent backwards in time.

and what started britain? exactly
>im not saying africa btw

fucking idiot, achieving first plasma is not news
call me when energy yield is positive

>not getting your news from the Sunday sport

Now you're forgiven for blood pudding... almost.

How do you plan on sustaining a singularity with a type 0 civilisation?

We used them as tools. They belonged to us by right of conquest.

>AND fusion in just this year.
Just checked this link too, and NO, "you" haven't invented shit.
Americans have been making fusion reactors (fusors) since the 1960's, but nobody (including the Brits) have made one that produces more energy than it consumes.

I'm going to say the magna carta, although i'm sure you're alluding to da joos.

>Not knowing France and Germany have had fusion reactors for ages.

This, pay no attention to the retard replying to you. By his logic we are not entitled to gibraltar, the falklands or any of our overseas territories.

/x/

Meanwhile DARPA is making miniature fusion reactors.

Have fun with your 250 ton Electromagnet.

What's the point though, solar had less risk of disaster and could be rolled out to reduce coal emissions to zero within 15 years if governments actually worked together.

Meanwhile fusion has been harped about for 60 years and the only progress made has been different reactor designs achieving the same results.

Are you stupid. First off we've known how to do fusion for like 40 years. It's how h-bombs work. The difficulty is not the reaction itself but rather containing it AND getting more energy out than you put in. There have been plenty of WORKING reactors but none that give more energy through fusion than it takes to contain and maintain the reaction. I don't even need to address FTL travel.

the roman empire

>Not if you use a wormhole.
Wormholes are science fantasy. Not real. You might as well say you can travel faster than light if you use magic.

> ITT: people who only read the title of an article

Achieving first plasma just means they managed to switch the thing on. Many have done that before.

really The forefront you say. The Aeroplane, the automobile, Light bulbs, ac/dc power, computer, the radio, the sonar. All invented by People who were American citizens, but Britain is the one at the scientific forefront. you"re full of shit. these are the one on the top of my head there are plenty more from America, so what the British start the tech revolution with the steam engine. but you are not at the forefront.

They are theoretically possible, whch means their potential existence should not be discounted.

If you think it is some kind of quirk from mathematical consequence you should know that other quirks derived from mathematics has already been observed.

Such as matter with negative mass, which when a force is applied actually moves towards the direction the force was applied rather than away from it.

>They say "NASA" invented it, but it was a British engineer working for NASA.
>He did it all on his own with no prior research, teamwork, or financial backing done by NASA

Why do Europeans always fucking steal American accomplishments?

The internet, the computer, the telephone. Plenty more i could name too, also the lightbulb is a heavily contested invention since it was being developed in many places simultaneously.

b-but we just spent all our money on solar panels and wind farms.

>The internet

Give me a fucking break. You invented the web not the Internet. Spergs were using newgroups and playing MUDS before you came along.

except they were though, brainlet

>Tokamak tech
>new

I thought it waz black wimmin?

>trying to take credit for something a traitor to your country did
if it was a British accomplishment he wouldn't have been working for NASA

The internet was a british invention, if you want to talk about the intranet those students incented you're full of shit.

That's like saying you built a ship because you made a nail. They made a component not the finished product.

We aren't stupid like you and wouldn't waste our time going to the moon.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPL_network
>The ARPANET project credited Davies primarily for his influence.[7][8]

Deal with it.