Should 16 year olds get the right to vote in the UK?

Should 16 year olds get the right to vote in the UK?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/5Qf2G
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck no

/thread

Do you wan't to become a commie shithole? Because that's how you become a commie shithole.

You should have to be a 30 year old land owner before you get any voting privileges.

The voting age should be raised to 21 for males who are either married, have property or have served in the military.

Bring back the old democracy of ancient greece.

18 year old shitheads like myself shouldn't be able to. Make it so only people with jobs and money can vote.

This, extending the vote to all adults is one of the worst mistakes a republic can make. I think people should only be allowed to vote if they:
1) own property

2) pay taxes

3) pass a literacy test (make that an IQ test with a minimum score of 95, if we could get away with it).

And by this I mean only let these men vote.

>direct democracy

Yes, because mob rule is EXACTLY what we want, you dumb fucking leaf.

Fpbp

Their minds are too easily manipulated through emotional persuasion.

>inb4 16-18 year olds become the most conservative generation and the topic is never raised again

Can confirm

>can confirm

Oh, you poor bastard. Is Austria really that bad.

*Is Austria really that bad?

Fuck, you'd think I'd catch a basic fucking mistype like that.

archive.is/5Qf2G
You tell me
Our elections are also third world tier, we have to repeat our presidential election because they fucked up counting the votes, then we had to delay the second election because they couldn't manage to close the ballots properly

>You should have to be a 30 year old white male land owner before you get any voting privileges.

ftfy

*had to repeat

Why the property ownership?
Taxes and IQ I get.

People who don't own property are subhuman.

no

Should only tax payers be afforded voting rights? Yes

Because if you don't own property, it's easier for you to vote to have other people's property taken from them.

should stupid people be kept from voting?

some 8 year olds can probably make more rational decisions than adults at this point

let fucking babies vote. fuck it

Ah, not quite sure ... maybe the lack of """higher education""" brainwashing would be a positive, but still those kids will be way too easy to manipulate, and they have no life experience etc.

I'd rather raise the voting age to 30.

You would just end up with people buying a square meter of Land and planking a Wendy house on it.

No, in fact the voting age is already too low.

Voting age should be 22.

I freely admit, I was a moron at 18 and everyone around me at the same age was too, no life experience outside of the school system, ignorant, arrogant and narcissistic.

Fuck, I know 25 year olds who are so stupid they shouldn't be voting.

I think that 14s deserve the vote at that age they are very mature

>politicians pandering to babies
Make it happen

no voting age should be 21 (preferably 25 so you have a little bit of life experience)

Yes but it only counts as .1 of an actual vote, and using their vote means they don't get to vote again until they're thirty.

Whatever age you can be drafted at should be the voting age

this, also be male who served in the military

People with the lowest iqs don't vite anyway. The BBC asked 30 randoms today if they knew about the ge and 8 said no. One girl said she "sometimes knew" who the pm was.

I think they should increase the age at which your civic duties kick in instead of throwing more dumbass kids into the voting pool.

No fucking way. At 16 you know nothing. In fact, you don't even know you know nothing, but think you know everything.

If 16s got the vote, the country would be swamped in a thousand foot tidal wave of Pakis and niggers in twenty years

I think no one should be allowed to vote

only the men

Minimum voting age must be increased. Most young people are incredibly stupid.

Sweet lord no

The age of majority should be the age when someone can be held criminally responsible for their actions as an adult, enter a contract, purchase any lawful product or service, join the military, vote, travel alone, hold public or private office or any other activity that would be restricted for a child.

You should have legal children, and legal adults with no overlap.

Votes for 16 is a great idea they are very mature

Man, I'm left-leaning and even I find it disgraceful how the left is pushing this idea, purely out of a self-serving desire to win elections. No one can say that they honestly believe the average 16 year old is informed enough to vote. NO ONE.

VOTES FOR 16s

Votes for 16 is good

What's with Brits and cringey slogans/ catchphrases/ nicknames?

How about we make tax payers the cut off, eh?

How about children, adults and citizens.

The latter having actually performed some form of civic service to prove they are worthy of the right to vote.

The truth is if we're going off the standard of "no taxation without representation" then yes they absolutely should. Furthermore it is a grotesque iniquity for lads to be fighting and maybe dying for their nation but not have a say on the people who may end up deciding whether they go to war or not.

I'm not saying that this is how things should be myself, but simply by the standards by which the current level of enfranchisement is discerned, then they should be.

No, even 18 is too low. The young generation is the tool of subversive jewry.

Just gonna post the same thing twice in a row?

If you have not put your life on the line for your country you have no right to vote.

No.

Increase the vote to land owning 25 year old + males

Allow women to vote only if they are married and also 25

get fucked i don't care if that would make me ineligible its the way it should be, maybe then a vote would actually fucking matter.

The average 16 years old brit is already working two full time jobs and has an average of 3 kids and 2 heart attacks
Seems fair to me that they have a say in who rule them

Yes, as long as there is a draft registry at 15 and a mandatory 2 year military tour.

Dude, we can all see that you're posting multiple times. If you're going to shill, do it intelligently.

So cops and military? What about dangerous jobs like various construction?

It's not the same thing...

U shouldn't vote until your retired

14 or fight!

Frog-legs bringing the BANTZ

no, no 16 year old should ever vote

To elaborate, you just have to look at who wants to widen suffrage to 16 year olds.

Only working men should get the vote.

No, that would just lead to all parties campaigning specifically for the elderly vote and we'd end up with shit like ridiculously high pensions and a lack of focus on the job market

>The latter having actually performed some form of civic service to prove they are worthy of the right to vote.
It's immoral to apply laws to people that have no legal say in them.

Sorta like no taxation without representation.

Sure.

No. I unironically think you shouldn't be allowed to vote until 30. I was a fucking idiot well into my twenties. I have a masters and I had a good job but, politically, I was naive as fuck.
Some of you kiddies probably think you're an exception but, trust me, you'll fucking hate current you by the time you're 40.

Better idea: no age restriction on voting. But you have to be a land owner.

Property ownership means you have a stake in the country's future. This is why we used to have the wet foot/dry foot policy for Cubans. The first wave of immigration had ties here and owned businesses and property. If you own property, you are less likely to fuck things up because you are likely not a leech and it affects you as well.

Why should someone who pays no taxes and has never worked before be allowed to vote?

The frontal lobe (ability to reason) doesn't finish developing until age 25
This means that we are allowing mental children to do a huge amount of the deciding of how nations are run. I propose that the voting age is raised to 25 years for all western countries

can confirm

lower the drinking age to 18
raise the voting age to 21
most problems solved

>Why should someone who pays no taxes and has never worked before be allowed to vote?
Because you want them to follow law, and it's immoral to apply laws to people that have no say in the laws.

What happens when the government no longer collects taxes? What if it funds it's operations by for profit enterprise or dividends in companies it owns?

Should no one get a vote then?

no, unless 16-17 year olds in the uk wanna start paying tax for their weekend jobs.
I worked at 16 and even then i realised that i should not have voting rights, because I hadn't been in the real world for long enough.
If someone who didnt know shit about your favourite vidya joined your clan, would you be happy with them getting the same voting rights as you for parts of the game they havent got to yet?

They wouldnt vote anyway would they?

>no, unless 16-17 year olds in the uk wanna start paying tax for their weekend jobs.
They don't pay taxes now?

>Brexit voters didn't know what they were doing
>16 year olds are really informed and politically active!!

I fucking hate these lefty hypocritical mongs so much.

"These things are not about fairness and equity. They are about who can set the standard and the tone for the cultural domination of a civic space."

Puberty.

Not when all have a constitutional right to perform civic service based on their level of ability to become a citizen at any point if they so wish once they are of age.

I had had 9 jobs by 18, never had to pay tax until i turned 18.

Generation z is red pilled af so yeah

Hell no

18 year olds don't even know what the fuck they are doing let alone 16 year olds who are still in high school.

Any push to allow 16 year olds to vote is just leftists trying to gain more uninformed voters

16 year olds here are much different to other 16 year olds. The majority of us started drinking at 13-14, got over the whole "FUCKING MADMAN" phase etc.

Yeah, they should have the right to vote. Plenty of sixteen year olds know about politics, I sure did when I was sixteen.

Stop with that BS

Generation Z is not "red pilled".

They will be just like every other group of young people and vote for the furthest left candidate offering the most free shit because they don't understand how the world works

Jews excluded though right?

That's where you're wrong, kiddo. Sixteen year olds are in college/sixth form over here.

Matured af.

This. If 16 year old could vote they would vote for corbyn just because he says things that sound easy i.e
>4 more bank holidays
I would have voted just based on that sort of thing when i was a lazy retard teen

>Not when all have a constitutional right to perform civic service based on their level of ability to become a citizen at any point if they so wish once they are of age.

How does that service qualify someone to vote?

No, 18 is the legal age for getting fucked in the ass and that's all politics is.

Nah, That'd never get past the voters.

>I had had 9 jobs by 18, never had to pay tax until i turned 18.

That's retarded.

No, if anything, move up the voting age to 21.

>Because you want them to follow law, and it's immoral to apply laws to people that have no say in the laws.
We do this to children their whole lives until they can participate like adults. And we give a non-arbitraty age threshold for certain permissions. Voting, marriage, drinking, renting a car, posting on this website, being president, etc. A person's ability to effectively, rationally, and safely perform these tasks is objectively measurable.

And when we measure how young people do these things they do it terribly until a certain age. Their frontal lobes are always developing until age 25, when they finish becoming fully capable adults.

If you can't understand just how much better our countries are run by restricting young people from "having a say" then you're exactly the kind of person who should be banned for being under 18

seriously starting to believe people on pol are retarded, how the fuck is some degenerate 30 year old redneck trash more qualified to vote than a political science major?

>and it's immoral to apply laws to people that have no say in the laws.
That's retarded and incorrect and doesn't take into account so many edge cases it's ridiculous.

>I got a Jewish degree so I am a credible voter