I thought Sup Forums was for free speech

I thought Sup Forums was for free speech.
Why are you attacking Colbert for what he said? You might not like what he said but it's his constitutional right to say what he wants.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_sJcIYuHZZc
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>wahhhh free speech
How isn't it our right of free speech to shill for his death?

using that smug pic is a bad idea, unless you are an attention whore after (you)s, in which case

I which your life werent as boring, I feel bad for you genuinely

You're no better than those you claim to be better than if you stoop to their level.

The leftists' favorite saying is "You have freedom of speech but not freedom from consequences."

We're just making them live by it.

"Free Speech" describes your right to be free from federal (and through the doctrine of incorporation, state) government prosecution for speech.

It has nothing to do with interactions between citizens. Your question is nonsense.

In fact, "free speech" under the First Amendment isn't even an unabrogated right - the government can still restrict or punish for speech, they just need to show a compelling government interest to do so.

I am pretty sure the Fire Colbert hashtag is just used to promote liberal doublethink & hate for Colbert. No one actually thinks he's going to be fired and he's getting more attention from this.

so what

>NatSocs
>supporting freeze peach
u wot m9

>muh principles

Moral victory is not a real victory. Fight fire with fire.

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals

Yes, abandoning your principles makes you into the one you hate.

I know this is bait but I'm replying anyway.

1. Free speech does not matter one iota when it comes to him having a show. The government is the only one restricted by the amendments, not private businesses.

2. I well and truly do not give a fuck what he says about Trump or gay people. What I DO love, is making liberals apply their own repressive logic to their own, and watching them devour each other.

This is war. Fuck Colbert.

just because we don't like what someone said doesn't mean we are against free speech. If someone says something fucking retarded we will use free speech to explain his retardation

Because pol is stupid.

Step 1. Make controversy (get right wingers fired for speech)

2. Right wing says hey fuckers free speech!!!!

3. Lefty says something offensive

4. Right wing says hey fuckers turnabout is fair play fire the faggot.

5. Left wing, Ohh that sucks! But since we all agree lets establish those hate speech laws it's only fair.

(((Jewed)))

What did Colbert say?

There's a difference between calling someone a retard, which Colbert is, and trying to get him fired for what he said.

Let's not forget it's Asian Heritage Month

youtube.com/watch?v=_sJcIYuHZZc

It's great time to post this all over the place!

Look
The same idiots raiding pol because they suck Colbert's cock

Retard burger doesn't know free speech works both ways. He's free to make his little jokes and we're free to ridicule him for having double standards.

If you abandon your principals, you win.

make these faggots play their own game and see how fun it is.

He wanted to have a slice of pizza with the Trump babies and John "hot shit" Podesta. All he wanted to know is how thinly he should cut it

he's a liberal cunt. If liberal cunts want to do that to ordinary Americans we can do it to Liberal cunts on television. Fuck you.

This. It is obviously Colbert's right to say what he pleases, but as a public figure, it's the people's right to give public backlash.

>more divide and conquer tactics from bored college students

Who cares. We didn't start this shit with Colbert. We didn't write the joke. Let the left tear it up with the homophobic shit.

Never let your enemy know when they're making a mistake.

For the lulz, why else?

Free speech has consequences.. anyone remember that backwoods duck fucker?

yeah it's kinda like that, fuck colbert, fuck the SJW, fuck the jews and fuck you OP you dumb faggot.

He's our guy . I hate homos too.

Making your enemy live up to their own rules is something conservacucks never do. We aren't cucks. If you wanna play stupid games then we will hold you accountable and you will get your stupid prize.

Free speech is only free speech when it applies to everyone, not selectively, as it has for years. So now we're going to hold everyone accountable to their parroted liberal virtues, don't like it go suck a veiny cock you faggot

>and trying to get him fired for what he said.
Tell me. Do you like it when the left gets people fired for what they say?

nothing makes me cringe harder than faggots quoting the Game of War like it was some kind of profound shit.

It's basic common cents.

totaller krieg - kürzester krieg

He said that Trump's mouth was a cock holster for Putin. Implying contempt for the homosexual behavior which is a sacrament to lefties.

If you hate it why do you stoop to their level?

That's a true statement, imagine how shit it would be if you had to accept every idea that existed.

What's the matter? Are people on the left having doubts about their insistence on political correctness? Are you starting to think that PC culture is god awful garbage?

Sup Forums loves free speech. Since when do leftists love it though?

How new are you? We don't care about morals. We care about chaos and lulz, all in the name of our lord Kek. We will start the fire brother.

Yeah no shit, we the Jew now
>thegoyimknowourtricksandateusingthemagainstus.gif

Hate speech is not free speech
No freedom from consequences
Migroagression is actual rape

Now stop protecting that homophobe, faggot

To beat the jew you must become the jew

>Colbert plays identity politics, SJW, censorship, and defamation game

>Teases conservatives for hiding behind conflated idea of free speech

>Gets called out his shit suddenly by his own SJW and identity politics people and now has to play by the same rules he laid on others

If you are gonna set everyone up for failure by your stipulations, don't forget you're part of everyone.

Free speech means the government won't put you in jail for saying something. You can still get fired for saying something. It's not the government doing it.

>muh free speech

Lefties don't like it when they have to play by their own rules

Nigger

It's not different than Liberals saying you should get punched for "hate speech".

>It has nothing to do with interactions between citizens

Then its perfectly legal for the antifa to show up and speeches in Berkley and have them cancelled? Really fires those neurons

>I thought Sup Forums was for free speech.
Sup Forums is for chaos and destruction, you fucking newfag.

In a perfect world/society he could and should say whatever he wants.

But we live in a world where SJWs get people fired all the time because things are said that upset them, so we are using this as an opportunity to throw things back in their smug faces.

People should say it's a misogynistic joke, akin to "cum dumpster", not a homopobic joke. I've never heard a fag called a cock holster.

Also
This

Making your opponent follow their own rules is straight out of the Saul Alinsky playbook, and its brilliant, to be quite honest. In the right hands (the right's hands kek) that jew strategy can be potent.

Gee willikers Sup Forums has been absolutely BTFO. It's like that scene in Harry Potter where...

The left has been playing dirty for years. The time for being fair is over.

Dont be retarded user, you sound a whiny liberal.
Free speech is more that just laws and regulations, its a philosophy.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech
>Freedom of speech is the right to articulate one's opinions and ideas without fear of government retaliation or censorship, or SOCIETAL SANCTION.

Play by the leftists' rules.

Nobody said to arrest him for it - he doesn't have any constitutional rights in terms of what he can or can't do in a private company that he's employed by.

>Why are you attacking Colbert for what he said? You might not like what he said but it's his constitutional right to say what he wants.

We don't care what he said. We see an opportunity to fuck with someone who usually gets his ass kissed all day and we are going to do it for the sheer joy of it. Just like with Shia. Maybe we can get this faggot to hide in a cabin too.

Answer the question. But regardless.

>If you hate it why do you stoop to their level?
Because they have been immune to such actions because the right has always said "don't stoop down to their levels." Well guess what, that shit doesn't work. What are you going to do? Let the bully take your lunch money? The only way to make them stop is to hit them in the mouth.

Make the left live by their own rules.

Holy shit you are such a faggot.

You kids say we have freedom of speech, but freedom of consequences. We are just giving you a taste of your own medicine. Colbert spoke, and we are the consequence, or does that only apply for you?

Free speech means you have the right to say whatever you want, whenever you want, with exceptions like threats of violence, without anyone stopping you. However it does not preclude you being punished for it if it can definitively proven to be slanderous or hateful. It's pretty hard to prove those things, though- not a piece of cake as SJWs would lead you to believe .

Under Kek's divine guidance we shall use the Jewish playbook to unleash chaos and destruction upon the world.

You get it.
Have a (you)

No one here gives a shit. It was all Reddit. Fuck off to them.

Don't be daft.

>Liberals crate a framework that viciously punishes anyone for saying something sexist/homophobic/etc
>Liberal breaks own framework and gets the same vitriol they have been spewing for over a decade thrown back in their face
>Suddenly liberals care about free speech again
Yeah nah fuck off cunt

easy there, colbert

Durr babby's first social studies class.
Free speech is not just protection from government, Reddit nigger

t. Dumb spic who's been here for 2 days

>I thought Sup Forums was for free speech.
>Why are you attacking Colbert for what he said?

Sup Forums isn't attacking Colbert for what he said. Sup Forums is nudging more anti-free speech lefties to eat anti-free speech Colbert alive for what he said.

If hate speech is not free speech, then freedom of religion does not include hate religion (Islam).

>Then its perfectly legal for the antifa to show up and speeches in Berkley and have them cancelled?

Sure, unless they make actual threats of violence or start assaulting people or damaging property. Were you under the impression that Sup Forums though just showing up to get something cancelled was illegal?

He has every right to say what he wants. This does not mean he is free from the consequences. The 1st Amendment protects from government censorship. It does not prevent you from being fired from you job for something you say. Don Imus, Phil Robertson and Kieth Olbermann can all tell you that saying something that riles up the public can get you fired. Colbert dodged the bullet once by claiming satire for his "Ching-chong Ding-dong tweet," which it actually was. This time Colbert openly called the president of the United States a dick sucker. There was no satire, just a rant. Whether he loses his job over it is entirely up to CBS.

so mote it be

> The its perfectly legal for the antifa to show up

Yep

> and speeches in Berkley and have them cancelled?

Presuming you meant "to speeches . . ." it's may or may not be legal, but for completely different reasons. There are more laws than just the constitution my friend.

WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LEAVE COLBERT ALLLOOOONNNEEEEEEE

I wasn't under that impression, but many people. here say it is.

Sure but the first amendment also covers the right to free assembly

But i support societal sanction of speech.

As leftists like to say, he's got freedon of speech but not freedom from consequences.
How you like those Alinsky tactics now that we're using them on your side, you filthy commie?

This

I otherwise couldn't give a shit less if someone makes a dick joke

But I support societal sanctions on speech, user.

Not everyone should feel welcome to say whatever they want in every context.

You can dislike what someone's said without attacking free speech.

Colbert is a stooge. He's below Fake News. He's on a late night talk show, and brought some of his soft news tendencies with him. Not exactly the Joseph Goebbels of the left.

Yes, and protects the right to protest, but doesn't protect antifas violent tactics, their interference with police work, etc.

And pointing this out to the left is what this whole firecolbert thing is about, because they don't seem to actually understand that it is a philosophy unless they are on the sharp end of it..

theyre using their free speech to voice a concern, you vile homophobe. It is YOU who are trying to silence THEM!

Personally I am not attacking him, I'll let his ratings tank on there own. I don't think he should be fired for what he said but he can certainly be called a faggot for it. That's how free speech works. People calling for his death are knuckle dragging plebs and they are no better than the brain dead monkeys on the left.

Against FCC regs, that's what he'll answer for.

Rule 4 of the Alinsky playbook: Make them live by their own rules.

He said something that goes against his audience's beliefs and it's funny

No, you're just a loser who isn't good for anything but attacking his own.

Nobody actually believes that what he said should require his removal. We simply sensed a weakpoint and attacked. Colbert is to be removed for the sake of his removal, because he's an enemy.

The Left never played fair, and the Right used to. Now neither side will play fair.

Colbert is literally our guy.

Steven "imma tie this tie around the faggot's neck and watch him turn the color of my suite" Colbert

*their

We are just taking the role of "Ministry for Principled Behavior".
Just making sure he stands behind his words, the progressive he is.

He should take his own advice, you can't let people bully you with the PC attack and then let it slide when they don't take their own advice.

This.
We'll all play by the same rules for a change.

colbert ain't going anywhere. why? advertisers are still getting paid. unlike bill, whose sponsorship dried up.

Look, I think the guy can say what he wants.
The problem I see is that Colbert and EVERY OTHER Hollywood talking head/late night performer's mouth has been Obama's cock holster for the past 8 years.

These people are should be the Devil's Advocate when it comes to talking about politics but they are ALWAYS one-sided to a PARTICULAR political party.

Colbert is a racist, homophobic Nazi and he already caused one eight year old transgendered child to commit suicide.