Me and my college friends were talking about how we really don't know much about Canada's past leaders/war experiences...

Me and my college friends were talking about how we really don't know much about Canada's past leaders/war experiences. I would like to learn but don't know where to start.

ITT: drop a fact (positive or not) about Canada's past in a military sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0l20Pac9YWM
youtube.com/watch?v=9FK2eg33Qco
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrace_mutiny
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vimy ridge
Dieppe raid

That's it

alright cool. this is where I'll start

Canada was America's proxy during WWII, we gave them 188 M4A1 Shermans. They upgraded them into the Grizzly Cruiser I.

We killed a fuckload of gooks in Korea. My grandpa was an artillery guy, fucking dropped a shitload of ordnance on those spoon faced retards.

God bless you grandpa.

My other grandpa was in the black watch and the royal highlanders, but I'm not sure what he did. When he got out he went around europe restoring cathedrals after ww2.

My buddy is in basic training right now, they will probably send us to mali in africa or korea again. Also iraq 2 electric boogaloo is green lit so we will be heading there as well.

The Plains of Abraham. We kicked frog butt but neglected to kill them all. Downhill ever since.

your grandpa sounds awesome.

I watched a video about vimy ridge. seems like you kicked some german ass there

True. Since our population is so much smaller.

But we were renown for our shocktroops and our deployment into Italy. There we defined urban based combat. It's also the first instance of breach and clear was implemented (detonating a wall and going through)

Both of which are cool fucking battles. Remove your ego and take the time to read how the Canadians had won (where Britain and France had lost :^) )

Yea dude, it makes me depressed. I come from a long line of british soldiers, my dad was on the very first toronto swat team as a sniper. I'm just a fat retard though.

After failing at their own D-Day in WW2, they got the softest beach on Normandy on June 6th.

Dedicate your fat to becoming bearmode. I also have a line of ancestors who were all British officers. Technically I'm second generation Canadian on my mother's side from Britain, and my dad's family has been here longer.

They say Vimy Ridge is what united a collection of vastly separated outposts into a real nation. Then came multiculturalism which is tearing it apart again.

That's awesome brother, I wonder if we are related, that would be cool. I pretty much am bear mode I can pack on muscle just by eating but I'm getting fat. I just need to work on my cardio and stop eating mcdicks and ill be good to go.

Go make your ancestors proud.

Vimy Ridge stuff is just war propaganda that people are stupid enough to fall for

>invade with an army larger than the population of the country you're invading
>Anglo "honour"

I'm jelly. I'm 100% skeleton through and through. Can't for the life of me gain weight.

Feel free to say something with actual substance and facts instead of shitposting.

I'm getting a gym membership this monday, we'll see how solid I can get. I just don't know what to eat. Everyone says different things. Just going to try eating fuck loads of greek salad.

This isn't the board for it but, eat 1.5 your weight in protein, calculate your TDEE and subtract 500 calories from it. It doesn't matter what you eat just get your macros and micros.
At least they showed up unlike some people...

The guy who designed and invented the M1 Garand rifle was Canadian

>the black watch and royal highlanders
>I'm just a fat retard

Explains why you think Scottish are British, despite the fact they are not.
I'm not kidding you, you'll get stomped the fuck out in England if you say Scottish/Irish are British.
Not.
A.
Joke.
You are not British.

"Won" the War of 1812 because 1 dumb white bitch, loyal to the British Crown ratted out American positions in occupied Canada.

Literally cucked the British crown by ONE woman, 204 years ago.

Faggot nation of fat retard losers.
May 3rd and you need winter clothes. WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
2 months of summer!!! Don't even bother packing away your winter clothes, you'll need em come October.
What am I saying, fat retards love sitting inside, being fat retards, looking at youtube and telling their online "friends" all the amazing stuff they'll do as soon as they stop being fat and retarded.

Fucking loser nation of fat retards.

The scottish are british lad. The irish aren't (potato munching bastards) but the northern irish (good, hearty folk) are. You won't get stomped in england for saying the scots are british, just maybe if you say the scottish are better

Had a good navy during WWII, USA provided us with ships, protected the sea between here and Europe from German subs. Other than that our army always sucked. We have good men, WWI and WWII canadians kicked some ass considering their number and those were hard working lumberjack that did not fear much and were very hard against the opposition.
Look for Leo Major that was one french canadian badass, that guy is made of legend.
JTF2 World class special op
As for canadian leaders, most liberal PMs were cucks, both Trudeau, Chrétien, etc.

>All these burgers and crumpets struggling to live up to Canadian valour

We liberated the Danish after the Second World War.

You colonials did well in ww1 and ww2. My Great Granddad was attached to the Canadian forces, invading Normandy. They did well.

wikipedia
D-Day and Normandy[edit]

Canadians on Juno Beach, June 1944.
On 6 June 1944, the 3rd Canadian Division landed on Juno Beach in the Battle of Normandy and sustained heavy casualties in their first hour of attack. By the end of D-Day, the Canadians had penetrated deeper into France than either the British or the American troops at their landing sites, overcoming stronger resistance than the other beachheads except Omaha Beach. In the first month of the Normandy campaign, Canadian, British and Polish troops were opposed by some of the strongest and best trained German troops in the theatre, including the 1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler, the 12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend and the Panzer-Lehr-Division.

Several costly operations were mounted by the Canadians to fight a path to the pivotal city of Caen and then south towards Falaise, part of the Allied attempt to liberate Paris. By the time the First Canadian Army linked up with U.S. forces, closing the Falaise pocket, the destruction of the German Army in Normandy was nearly complete. Three Victoria Crosses were earned by Canadians in Northwest Europe; Major David Currie of the South Alberta Regiment received the Victoria Cross for his actions at Saint-Lambert, Captain Frederick Tilston of the Essex Scottish and Sergeant Aubrey Cosens of the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada were rewarded for their service in the Rhineland fighting in 1945, the latter posthumously. 50,000 Canadians fought in D-Day.

Our most powerful race is only 65% of Canada's population now tho

youtube.com/watch?v=0l20Pac9YWM

Good interesting thing about or military and shit, is that we always beat america in wars.

Also siege of Detroit was pretty disgraceful for americans

Leafland declared war on Japan before America did

Also we wiped the floor with Croatia

CANUCKED

holy shit, didnt see your post when i posted that. much respect to your grandad. Hero

I like how Croatia has artillery and cannons, yet still got rekt by a bunch of reservists in a barn

>But we were renown for our shocktroops and our deployment into Italy.

This. Canadian soldiers in WWII were renowned for being some of the toughest bastards out there.

What kind of drugs are you on?
Crack?
Speed?
Meth?
Heroin?
All of the above??

Leaf faggot under UK proxy who has no idea WTF they're talking about.

>t. guy who's been to England and has real British friends from London to Leeds

You have no idea what you're talking about, faggot loser shit mouth leaf.

Yeah, during WWI canadians, which back then were the French Canadians, because Anglos still considered themselves Brits. Those Canadians were all hard working men, they either worked as labour during the early industrialization, as farmer or as lumberjacks. Got forced by the conscription to join the army. When shit happen again during the WWII these guys went to europe and chose to be really violent so that they would not be forced to fight another war, that's when anglos decided to call themselves canadians too. When French Canadians are so badass that anglos want to be Canadians too.

(You)'s

>ITT leaf faggots re-write history to suit their patriotic feelings. Also re-write the meaning of what being British is.
Have you notified the UK yet, faggots??

>Vimy Ridge stuff is just war propaganda that people are stupid enough to fall for
even if the battle was less important than the government says it is, it was still the first successful use of a creeping barrage in war

stay jelly that Quebec never produced a general as based as Arthur Currie

It's pretty cool, he joined in 1939 and fought through out France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany.

>1.5 your weight in protein
that's a meme, 0.8g per lean lb is good

With the Chinese infiltrating the Canadian perimeter through the gaps between platoons, D Company was close to being surrounded. The company commander—Captain J.G.W. Mills—was subsequently forced to call down artillery fire onto his own position on several occasions during the early morning of 25 April to avoid being overrun. The tactic succeeded and the exposed Chinese were soon swept off the position, while the dug-in Canadians escaped unharmed.

With vastly superior numbers the Chinese had attacked on a broad front, and had initially overrun a number of the forward UN positions. Regardless, the 27th Brigade had ultimately prevailed despite being outnumbered by a factor of five to one.[103] Indeed, despite their numerical advantage the Chinese had been badly outgunned and they could not overcome the well-trained and well-armed Australians and Canadians.[68] The battlefield was littered with the corpses of Chinese soldiers, a testament to the discipline and firepower of the defenders.

As a result of the fighting Australian losses were 32 killed, 59 wounded and three captured, while Canadian casualties included 10 killed and 23 wounded.[93] American casualties included three men killed, 12 wounded and two tanks destroyed, all from A Company, 72nd Heavy Tank Battalion. The New Zealanders lost two killed and five wounded.[41] In contrast, Chinese losses were far heavier, and may have included 1,000 killed and many more wounded.[93][101] The Canadians were finally relieved on Hill 677 by a battalion of the 5th US Cavalry Regiment on the evening 26 April.[104]

As long as you're Anlgo, you can still consider yourself a Brit. If a Scouse accent is an English accent so can a Cannucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=9FK2eg33Qco
Spread this lads

We need to fry that Castro frog demon spawn.

You idiot, the Blackwatch are a part of Canadian history. They broke the lines on Abraham

Korean War shit
Hill 355 was being controlled by the 3rd US Infantry Division, who linked up with the Canadian's Royal 22nd Regiment on the US forces' western flank. On November 22 the 64th Chinese Army (around 40,000 men) lowered a decisive artillery barrage. Over the course of two days, the Americans were pushed back from Hill 355 by elements of the Chinese 190th and 191st Divisions.
The 3rd US Infantry Division tried to recapture the hill, but without any success, and the Chinese had moved to the nearby Hill 227, practically surrounding the Canadian forces. To relieve pressure, Lieutenant Colonel J.A. Dextraze, Commanding Officer of the 2nd Battalion Royal 22nd Regiment, brought up an elite scout and sniper team led by Léo Major. Wielding Stenguns, Major and his 18 men silently crept up Hill 355. At a signal, Major's men opened fire, panicking the Chinese who were trying to understand why the firing was coming from the center of their troops instead of from the outside. By 12:45 am they had retaken the hill.
However, an hour later two Chinese divisions (totaling around 14,000 men), counter-attacked. Major was ordered to retreat, but refused and found scant cover for his men. There he held the enemy off throughout the night, though they were so close to him that Major's own mortar bombs were practically falling on him. The commander of the mortar platoon, Captain Charly Forbes, later wrote that Major was "an audacious man ... not satisfied with the proximity of my barrage and asks to bring it closer...In effect my barrage falls so close that I hear my bombs explode when he speaks to me on the radio."

>I pretty much am bear mode I can pack on muscle just by eating
This is what lifelong fats actually believe. You don't have a special muscle building body, once you get in the gym and get on a program you will see how weak and shitter you are. You might have decent calves from hauling your lardass around all these years

you never hear about this shit, it's always muh european theatre.

You what? Anglo's didnt consider themselves Brits, they felt connected though. Because it is an empire you are a citizen of, not because they believed that they were british. You think 50% of my town went to fight in both world wars because they were British, no because they wanted to preserve and uphold liberty and defend the queen.

Also, French Canadians were not as bad ass as the rest of Canada. The fact that they had to be forced to go fight in the war, while most other Canadians volunteered. I think like 50 something % average among Canada if you exclude Quebec, and Quebec had like a high 30% or low 40 %

It was pretty important, not for the overall war, but for identity and honour. Also it could be considered important for the overall war, since both the French and British couldnt take the hill; but we could.

>Anglo's didnt consider themselves Brits
They did not call themselves Canadians, unlike the frenchies. They were subjects of her Majesty. For the very same reason they volunteered unlike frenchies. Your actions on the field has nothing to do with you being volunteer or not, all I'm writing is already stuff you can look up, I'm not writing the past.

Canadians have always basically been an auxiliary to the british empires fighting forces/expeditions.

Canada's only mutiny occurred in Terrace, BC.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrace_mutiny

It was a result of terrible, terrible weather (this part of Canada is classified as rain forest), the isolation, and the population largely being primitive indians.

Militarily, we currently are deploying into Latvia, the middle east, and Bolivia. At least that is the last I heard from my brother. He also said they are expecting to go to Africa soon. But I don't think he's being deployed - he's doing some aerobic capacity testing last I heard and was told to get his jump wings..