Hey Sup Forums, I want to ask you for advice. Basically, I discovered conservatism and right-wing not so long ago...

Hey Sup Forums, I want to ask you for advice. Basically, I discovered conservatism and right-wing not so long ago, having grown up as a moderate liberal. I have changed a lot of my viewpoints now, but theres one problem: I just don't believe in god. My family wasn't very religious, and neither am I.
I'd become religious it if only to become less liberal. I understand that Christianity is a pillar that holds the West together, I agree with its morals, and I don't really have problems with other people's beliefs.
But speaking for myself, I simply never believed, and frankly don't want to. I would feel like a total faker, a hypocrite and a black sheep among people going to a church or wearing a cross. Not to mention, I don't really have much faith in orthodox church, which is still recovering from having been banned from people for 70 years and is limited to Russia and a few other slav countries only. A lot of people think of religious people as nuts, too, especially young people.
So what should I do, really? It feels like a no win situation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/P5_-pfqFGJI
youtube.com/watch?v=7XtEZvLo-Sc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religions_and_spiritual_traditions
random.org/lists/?mode=advanced
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All you need to know is that KEK is the only true way of our people

I don't recall anyone ever saying you had to believe in the Christian God in order to be a conservative.

Umm, don't the American conservatives simply dismiss you if you're not religious?

No offense, but Kek has created as much philosophy, culture and traditions as a small black tribe.

i'm conservative and not religious.

some would but not most.

When God is ready to come into your life, you will not be able to stop Him. Keep an open heart and mind desu and when it is His time it will come. Deus Vult!

If you think they're all sheep and mostly nuts maybe you should test those stereotypes and get to know a few. That would make you feel more comfortable about becoming religious.

>I'd become religious it if only to become less liberal.
no, no, no. You're doing it completely wrong. Having to conform to everything about (or not about) a party is cancer. Stop it.

You don't need to go to church every sunday, just know yourself.

Give some of professor Jordan Peterson's stuff a try.

youtu.be/P5_-pfqFGJI

Read the bible with an open mind, a lot of redpill stuff there.

>If you think they're all sheep
I don't… But I feel I'd be labeled as such. New generation in Russia seems to be either leaning liberal, or commie-style degenerate with obligatory hate for every other country.

You have a fundamentalist conception of religion, it's better that you stay away from it for the sake of religion.

Pray to God, earnestly ask Him to reveal Himself to you if He exists, and wait.

That's a good place to start.

> IMG_9668.jpg
>jordan peterson
>praise kek xD
you're a fucking redditor and I hope you die you fucking cancer

You dont know how to BE conservative. You only know how to ACT conservative. You dont have to believe in a god to be one.

Anyone here know about SSPX? If I wanted to convert as an adult what would I need to do? Would they just baptize me or do I need to attend classes?

I realize this is a shortfall, but I see New Left is just hard-on about eradicating every trace of Christianity. From crosses in schools, to daily mocking of "those crazy fundies", to constant push "Christian guilt" with "muh dark ages, muh mistreatment of gays", etc.

Thanks, will try if it's not some plebbit in disguise

What's the good place to start? I read the gospels several times and old testament in brief. What are other must read parts

Could be… What's the alternative though?

Welcome to the position of maximum comfiness and maximum smugness.

Right-wing atheism.

You are embarking on a lifelong adventure of thinking yourself superior to a world full of deluded little people.

And you'll be right about that too.

You're fine. Religion is about morals values and creating a better society. Most people aren't scholars, don't have the time we do for great thinking. Religion is for them, something easy to get behind and strengthen community at the same time.

PS: how do you explain the creation of the universe? Seems to me there aren't any better theories besides god. Sure its not proven, but its the leading theory to date.

I'm conservative but not religious.

Religion is important to inculcate conservative principles in children. Children are usually not mature enough to understand conservative ideas, but straying from them and becoming a degenerate is very damaging to them.

Grown up conservatives are usually people who have thought about conservative ideas sans religion and understand the principles behind them. Some of these pretend to be religious so that they can inculcate conservatism in their kids.

Then there are the low IQ conservatives, who would have been degenerates if not for good parenting. They have the instinct and common sense to realise that there are many things they don't understand. They have the humility to not mess with things they do not understand.

The way I see it is your desire to believe in something is secondary to the truth. In other words the truth is the truth and it doesn't matter whether or not you choose to believe it.

Sounds kind of complacent, don't you think. I feel that religion is the pillar that holds the democracy together. You need to exclude others from democracy in order for it to work. Religion and strong identity works for it.

Start here OP

youtube.com/watch?v=7XtEZvLo-Sc

>how do you explain the creation of the universe?
Umm, big bang? I'm not sure you have a valid scientific point here. If we're talking science, there's big bang; if we disregard official science, well, we disregard official science. I mean, it makes sense physics-wise.

Huh, alright. This made me feel a bit better about my position, thanks.

It's more like, I want to feel "closer to the roots", so to say. With stronger sense of identity. No religion=less identity. That's all there is to it for me.

You described me, OP.
Although i don't entirley understand where you managed to find problem in there. Conservatism roots itself in tradition, common knowledge and logical conclusions: through former two roots it's intercoтnected with religiosity, but they are not inevitably interdependent.

>New generation in Russia seems to be either leaning liberal, or commie-style degenerate with obligatory hate for every other country.
You're falling into artificial dichotomy narrative. Yes, there are plenty of morons, especially young, spitting on each other, making money for their herders. Most of people though one way or another are just like you and me.

>So what should I do, really?
Be yourself(?)
Don't hit on the right and christianity as a whole considering current circumstenses.
Redpill friends, that ready ready to listen. Have kids...

Please....

How do explain how the giant asteroids that started the big bang got there in the first place. Holy shit "muh big bang" has to be the worst fucking argument in the universe.

so? As long as you don't try to go around destroying other people who do believe, and respect the church there's NOTHING wrong with a lack of faith

To me, spiritual connection is about the feeling. Not the rules.

The shake in your spine when you feel righteous truth.

I find music based on the various parables and stories to be more evocative than any translated texts.

Develop critical thinking, see religion as a thought structure that reflects our innermost feelings and fears and hopes, recognise that religion can become pathological but it can also be restorative and lead to transcendance

Personally I don't believe in a creator God. But I appreciate the teachings of Christ, they have shaped me a person. And I feel like the decline of Christianity in Europe is a loss, because it gave communities a focal point and a shared cultural narrative which has yet to be replaced with anything more substantial that 'iPhones are cool and racism is bad!'

Conservatism and right-wing is also a lot about identity. There's a reason bolsheviks banned christianity for so long. But it is pivotal to our culture, to the whole Western morals; AFAIK, the classic liberalism is founded on Christianity, pretty much. Our morals in their entirety are based on it.

Speaking of that false dichotomy, it was an oversimplification on my part. I just feel there are 2 main "camps" of people today in Russia:
—rednecky hard-on "patriot" types, with lots of drinkin', smokin' and good ol' chanson;
—and centrist-liberal types.
The first has too much degeneracy in it, and commie sympathy. The second falls for new left meme.

There's just no easy way I see to be truly conservative and rigth-wing… And to not stand out and look out of place.

>creation of the universe
perhaps the intial premise is the problem perhaps it was never created- no beginning, no end

I like you.

It's a long story really, you need to know quantum physics to understand it all and you can't boil it down to 5 minutes (unless you watch some youtube video that does it better than me). You might say church's explanation works better, but church didn't give us nukes and didn't send man to space.
But if I might add my 2 cents—I think that even if universe formed on its own, this doesn't prove Christian morals any wrong.

tl;dr:

Void and Matter are interrelated constructs.

I don't have faith in the strictest sense but I still joined a church and became a christian. It's mostly about principles, community and brainwashing the weak-minded whites into being upstanding men and women.

Memes aside, I'm baffled at Sup Forums literally creating its own idol. So much for the white Christian board

An egregore had to be formed.

It was the only way.

Defiantly start with Matthew and St. Pauls letters. Those will give you great insight into the spirit of what Christianity is all about.

After those, Acts is a great one as well. I would suggest leaving John for later, as it is much more philosophical at heart, and will be more of a struggle to truly comprehend.

As for the old testament, it's all important, but the first 5 books are key to understanding the fall of man, and our way to making amends with God, via Christ out Lord.

Try to find a bible with good footnotes for translations and references to other scripture. I don't know a good Russian bible to recommend, but the New American Standard is pretty good, as well as the Jerusalem Scholors Bible. I'd stay away from the King James as it isn't a very good translation. It's good in the sense of style though, and it is much more fun to read.

Hope this helps!

"Form is emptiness; emptiness is form."

> you really need to know quantum physics

and if you know quantum physics, you'd know that nobody really knows shit about quantum physics and most importantly nobody has ever even come close to proving that there is no "creator", so perhaps you should go back to being a dumbass nerdvirgin atheist, because NOTHING is more pathetic than some imbecile harping on about god, because "muh quantum physics"

Religion is a way of expressing our desire for the divine, and we can all feel this divine feeling. For example, in pieces of excellent, dramatic classical music when you get goosebumps.
I think just having a feeling for the sacred is a step to finding your belief in God.

Faith, Slavic brother.

start listening to commonfilth

One is the Serpent which has its poison according to two compositions, and One is All and through it is All, and by it is All, and if you have not All, All is Nothing.

don't believe in God either. Don't give a shit. Right wing is the way to go.

Don't listen to Sup Forums, they aren't really christians just a bunch of larping faggots who think muh deus vult is cute and want to feel accepted.

Have you read Evola? If not I think it would do you a lot of good. You sound somewhat like me not long ago, what I was looking for wasn't necessarily believing in God or religion itself, but more rejecting Materialism in its entirety and seeing the world in a more transcendent way. Reflecting on how small we are as individuals in the face the history of human's on Earth and how small Earth is in the face of the cosmos and time really put things in perspective for me. Then Evola brought it all together. I won't try to tell you what to take away from it all, only that as someone brought up without religion I think it will provide a way to view matters that is spiritual without being focused on a conscious, anthropomorphized God, rather on society, natural forces, and our place and role therein.

Hi Seth Abrahamson!!!
Sup Forums is not a Christian board.

I'd argue that you try to view Christianity from a viewpoint of social sciences and critical theory. Which tend to view it as a construct, a product of society that created it.
They also view whiteness, masculinity and everything else as "construct".
Actually, new left's motto could be "Everything I don't like is capitalist construct". That's marx's materialism, which is inhumane in its own basics premise. "You have no culture, no consciousness, no gender… You were just shaped by everything around you".
And left uses this sentiment to erase white people's identity, or "deconstruct" them. While they show their bias with building memes like "we wuz kangs" and "muh post-colonialism" and idenitity politics for everyone except whites.
So in order not to fall for this trap, I choose to view church as a natural, objective thing that can't be deconstructed.

Look at it this way, you don't have to 'believe' in God any more than you have to 'believe' in nature. Maybe it would help to think of God as "Nature plus". The religions are systems of symbols that give our mind something to grab onto in order to contemplate the incomprehensible. Science describes what is known and religion describes what is known, unknown, it's relationship to you and what you are supposed to do with it.

Read some religious material that resonates with you and meditate on it. There is no need to pretend to be anything you aren't just to fit in with whatever you think a conservative is and there's no need to fear what the hip young kids will think of you if you decide you finally discovered a meaning relationship with a religion.

I think if you sit quietly, with a still mind and an open heart and genuinely ask God "Show me what matters, show me what is important, show me what to do" you will find yourself deep in something you didn't even know existed before too long. Good luck.

Christianity is a mixed bag.

Some people have added some great things to it, and it is our culture, our heritage. For that it is valued.

But at the end of the day, it's just another Jewish trick. Christian morals are what caused Europe to open its borders to a flood of African migrants. As a result of Christianity, we feel obligated to take care of the rest of the world. What we need to do is shut them out.

>So in order not to fall for this trap, I choose to view church as a natural, objective thing that can't be deconstructed.

Why even add that layer?

Who cares if they judge you for what/how/why you believe.

I tend not to give the judgements of Humanity much weight. Each has their own path and tribulations that molded them into this moment.

Just as they were molded to judge you for what you believe, which reveals their own personal struggles.

I guess since Sup Forums is a primitive form of society in a way, it needs some form of religion and deities.

Thanks, that was very helpful!

I deliberately tried my best to NOT trigger people like you but here we are. I am 100% chill with your views, I just told you what science says on it

Don't define yourself based on what others here think. Most strawpolls I've seen show that maybe 30% of Sup Forums are Christfags. Most of the other 70% are a combination of atheist or open to spirituality but not religious.

OP
Stare at this picture in silence with an empty mind in a spirit of expecting some sort of insight for a few minutes. Focus the way a cat focuses on a mousehole waiting for something that may come out any moment.

Then read Psalms.

I have a masters in physics, what the fuck do you have you worthless ingrate.

Maybe your grandma is impressed when you shout "quantum physics", but I'm not.

This. fpbp

I kinda agree to this, but then again, you know what I think? Christianity has actually went in 2 ways.
One is the left-wing politics in general—they took away god from the moral teaching, but left everything else, distorting it along the way for (((their))) convenience. Preaching humility, giving to others and stuff. Mostly in expense of Westerners.
The other is today's religion. And you can see it actually is mostly the opposite. Incredibly exclusive, judgemental, authoritarian… and I like it for this. It has balls to say, "get out of my house, country, whatever". It is a moral pillar, and in a way an ultimate exercise of a right for private property: private culture solely for you.

So jews really love the first part, but the second, they hate for a reason. Also, they plain hate Christ too for their own religious reasons.

>So jews really love the first part, but the second, they hate for a reason.

They aren't very good at surviving in environments like that.

It isn't coincidence.

Hm, sounds interesting, some true Sup Forums material. Thanks.

I mentioned because liberals like to play "guys with "critical" thinking, which alway always is "critical" just on one side.

So much for a conservative board…

I'm in the same boat as you OP except I've always been to the right of conservatism. I deal with it by following a Christian lifestyle but I stay upfront with believers that I haven't had a revelation or awakening. Don't be like some and think some philosophy will replace Christianity. Human based morality will always come from concepts that benefit the status or wealth of that particular person or a group of people they idolize. You need to accept that you don't know everything and continually strive for revelation while honoring your traditions. Maybe it won't be orthodoxy, but IMO most spiritual pursuits are better than the human alternative.

So how do we separate the two parts?

Can you really preach charity and leave Africans to starve when the West has relative abundance?

>I mentioned because liberals like to play "guys with "critical" thinking, which alway always is "critical" just on one side.

Is it any different for most "religious" people?

How many do you think truly thought about Lucifer's mindset that led to his fall. From his perspective?

Most are too scared to think about things that might shake themselves.

That doesn't know a political spectrum, or an ideology.

>Christianity

THE AVALANCHE OF SHIT CHRISTIAN THREADS CONTINUES

Well, the whole Frankfurt school ran away from pre-Hitler Germany, angry at Hitler that he didn't let them "liberate" the workers. So yeah, that's why Hitler is a no-no, Roman church are pedos and anti-science, but wearing Mao Zedong t-shirt is "cool and intellectual" and "diversity is our strength".

>Can you really preach charity and leave Africans to starve when the West has relative abundance?
If you go by Ayn Rand and objectivism, you don't do neither. You "preach" private property and let the others solve their problems for themselves.

I always make this analogy.
They like to say the world is not our mutual "home". But think of it as a town, with many houses. What goes on in another house, I don't give a fuck. It's not my territory. I don't go to others' houses, they don't go to mine. We're chill this way.

"World is our home" is an old collectivist mindtrap. The second you think this, you have no home. You have communal flat, where everything belongs to society. So, no one. Or better said, (((no one))).

World is our home when it belongs to us solely. When the whole world is 100% our single race, then we're talking.

Not really it just happens that most Christians are conservatives. I wish I could help but I dont really understand what religion is like in Russia. I live in the bible belt so there are churches everywhere. Sometimes you see 2 or 3 churches(different sects of Christianity) on the same street. They all a massive amount of charity work and helping is a good way to get to know the people and religion without converting. I personally cant claim to be a believer either. At the same time I cant really escape it because its so ingrained in the culture and the way I was raised.

Read some theology: God is not the demiurge, like a Superman with an existence inside the universe in a finite way. God is the very essence of meaning, good, justice, and existence. The concept of purpose.

Nobody knows. Agnosticism is the only foundation from a philosophical standpoint. Theism/Atheism both require belief. Which would would you rather live in? Even though we have religious minds naturally, most will say a universe with purpose and meaning. Why do we want that? Well, it helps propagate ourselves, yes, but to what end? For an atheist 10 or 10,000 years are the same in terms of meaning, because all meaning is relative and subjective. But perhaps we want to believe in meaning because there is meaning; and that it calls to us. Follow this thought, if you want.

Either way, belief is chosen.

I love how we all love the scientific method when it's applied to the creation of weapons, the economy, space travel, and generally creating wealth, but when the question of god comes up.

>hurrr science can't disprove god therefore he exists

You can't prove god, does that mean he doesn't exist?

Let's leave theism at the door if we are going to discuss science like the theory of the Big Bang.

Look up quantum fluctuation, this is a real thing that actually happens.

>So much for a conservative board…
Conservative is an ambiguous term. It doesn't mean shit unless you describe the timeline you're trying to conserve. Conservatism for me is pagan heritage with secular constitutional liberty. The architects of the US were deists born out of Christian heritage, so they were wise enough to separate church and state yet reinforce the right to speak as the highest law of the land. It's the purest branch of the Illuminati.

In any case, praise Kek.

Then it sounds like Christianity is not for you.

Charity is one of the Seven Heavenly Virtues and a core tenet of Christianity. You are supposed to be concerned with your neighbors well being.

Using your house analogy... If someone was starving in the house next to you, and you had plenty of food to go around would you really sit by and do nothing? It would be a sin of omission.

Religious people at least don't pretend to be logical. They straight up use mysticism, and don't pretend for objectivity. "Critical" liberals though are just hypocrites, because they dish it out but can't take it.

Also, the church has been closely connected with state, power and money in middle ages and beyond that. This already contradicts the teachings a lot (correct me if I'm wrong as I am by no means educated in this). The teaching has been shaped and changed as seemed fit; but the result is inseparable from Western culture.

I think in a way religion has grown to ultimately contradict Christ's rather "left-wing" leanings, the call for charity, humility and such… But that's still part of who we are. Even if we've grown to deny its own inconsistencies.

Yeah, that;s a lot of churches… I am lucky there's a small one near my block of flats.

Kek = moloch

Kek > Moloch.

Trust in Odin.

You can't force belief user. But give it a chance.

Think of Church is less about God and about your country, family, and culture. Maintaining these things is the essence of conservatism. Your country should know better than anyone what happens when people in power explicity throw Christianity under the bus. Many men in my family also do not have a strong belief in God, but they still married Christian women and raised their children in that environment.

Your children will most likely grow up to question God's existence as we all do, but they won't break from the Church as long as you make it clear that it's the VALUES that matter and not the religion.

>God is not the demiurge, like a Superman with an existence inside the universe in a finite way. God is the very essence of meaning, good, justice, and existence. The concept of purpose.
Hm, yes, this made sense to me too when I was reading the gospel.

I think he's trolling

Conservatism is about your roots. Did your grandfathers believed in kek?

But isn't there a specific meaning to the "neighbor"? IIRC, it's specifically said it's the people CLOSE to you. Yes, I'd help a neighbor; not some random guy who I have no connection tol.

> Final panel:
> Realizing that any axiomatic system is incomplete and every belief or idea you have ever had is predicated on faith just as much as believing in God and you realize that there aren't any intellectual reasons to not have some kind of belief as it is entirely a matter of your attitude towards the divine and therefore choose to act and believe as if there is a God because it makes your life better and that is a completely legitimate reason to have religious beliefs so you go back to church

Memes aside, there are actually paganists in Russia, not many of them and not really by family line but more like by choice. Sometimes goes hand in hand with neo-nazism.

My boy it's your race that binds you not your religion.

No worries lad, there's many of us out here that ware conservative but irreligious. I've just never been able to "feel" that feeling people have. Like you, I view the church as an invaluable tool in helping structure society in a positive manner. I even go to church with my brother and his family from time to time.

When I was a lad I wanted so badly to feel god, the way others claim to. It's this claim that made me very angry, wondering why god wouldn't talk to me. Maybe it's just my assburgers, my brain isn't structured in a way that can feel it. Maybe when death claims me I'll finally get the opportunity.

Same here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

Ortodox church is almost exclusively Russian thing though. It is connected to our nation

Ideally, all men are your neighbors, but this is unattainable.

Start with those closest to you, family, then freinds, then co-workers, literal neighbors, community.

>I even go to church with my brother and his family from time to time.
Alright, now I feel more positive about doing this

>your race

But what if I'm basically a mongrel and I don't know what race I am?

Yeah, I guess I have to admit, this is where my views go completely the opposite way. Then again, this means being right-wing does too, Ayn Rand's "selfishness" specifically.
I'll try to work it out nonetheless

In America though, everyone is American. Glorious American race

Here's a fun game: First, think of a religion. Then copy and paste Wikipedia's list of religions: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religions_and_spiritual_traditions into random.org's list randomizer: random.org/lists/?mode=advanced
The first religion that comes up is the one true faith. If you picked anything else you're going to burn in hell.
Pascal was a dumb fag.

>Conservatism is about your roots.
Conservatism is what individuals are willing to conserve with and without sacrifice. The individual's choice is ultimately the last and highest ruler. Some individuals choose to follow others completely. Some choose to not. Roots are beyond a family tree's personal choices. Roots are more like drops in ripples of cultures consuming and destroying each other. Don't be afraid of yourself.

There's also the "If you doubt these things are true, go forth and do them" thing. Maybe a good idea is to start practicing religion and see how you like it. It might make more sense then.