Well, Sup Forums?

Well, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

profoundlydisconnected.com/foundation/
youtu.be/th59Viesjt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

((((Science))))

The "Bill Nye is not a scientist" meme was never a convincing argument because neither are any of the people who listen to him.
But it was a decent meme that gained a bit of traction. It served it's purpose, and its not like there's going to be a huge counter meme to it.

This is like saying if I become a dentist, I am equally capable of doing a brain surgery. I would be a doctor after all. And doctors know how to do medical things, like scientists know about all sciences

Unless Dirty Jobs covered being an Asian masseuse Mike Rowe doesn't tell me to jerk off random people.

>argues against nuclear energy
>argues for Healthy at Every Size
>"science guy"

This whole series of words has triggered me, beyond, what I previously thought possible. Safe space now plz

>argues against nuclear energy

Really? What a fucking moron.

He's been doing it for years. He even argues against it in his first episode of the new show which was about how to produce green energy.

Mike Rowe never claimed to be tradesman.

Bill Nye has, both implicitly and explicitly, claimed to be a scientist.

Apples to oranges.

>Bill Nye has, both implicitly and explicitly, claimed to be a scientist.

Scientist- a person who is studying or has expert knowledge of one or more of the natural or physical sciences.

Looks like he fits.

I couldn't get through more than two episodes. What killed me wasn't the leftist agenda shoehorned into everything, so much as the incredibly low bar the show sets for its audience. The vocabulary, to say nothing of the content, is clearly geared more towards tweens than college graduates.

Try this: Transcribe the script. Feed it into a text analyzer (like Readable.io for example) and find out the "reading level" of this supposedly-adult program. I haven't done it myself, but I'm certain it's hilariously low. Screencap it and post it to Twitter with your choice of witty comment.

profoundlydisconnected.com/foundation/

Mike Rowe gives scholarships to kids interested in going into the trades. Google Bill Nye scholarships, and there is nothing. This isn't to criticize Bill Nye necessarily, but one is a talking head while the other follows up on his message in the form of $$$$, which runs the world.

>STEM
>Science
>Technology
>Engineering
>Mathmatics

Engineers aren't scientists. They're engineers.

If he had formal instruction in a field such as biology, chemistry, geology, etc. he would be a scientist. But he doesn't.

His show isn't about science though so it's a moot point.

We have this thread every single day have a little sage with your (((you)))'s

none of this qualifies him to discuss economic or geopolitical issues like energy policy. also, the social sciences are intellectually dishonest, so if he buys into some these weird ideas he's either gone full retard or just a sell out cuck.

Mike Rowe is funny though.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Mike Rowe ever claimed to be a "gritty working man" on or off his show

if he's actually doing the work ..whether it be for the cameras or not..

that pretty much makes him a " working man "

>engineer for boeing
>having patents doesn't make you a scientist
>inventing something doesn't make you a scientist
>put a fucking sundial on mars rover for aesthetic reasons in 2004 when we've had clocks for centuries
>his show is basic elementary school science
Every medal or "honorary"doctorate or achievement he has acquired has been because of his famous show nothing he's done is noteworthy.

Bill Nye is a hack

Yeah but he's never claimed to be a "working man" like the OP implies, only that he sympathizes with blue collars after doing his show

23rd chromosome has 2 options.

Well, even if Rowe had worked as an Asian masseuse, he would more than likely tell you to screen your "clients" before finalizing any transactions. In no way would any of Rowe's "tug-buddies" be random encounters.

OP BTFO, on suicide watch

Here's the thing: Nye takes a public position on nuclear energy, boosting solar panels and other developing alternative options, all without disclosing his large stake in a company hoping to revolutionize the solar panel industry.

Whether or not Nye is correct with his positions, his lack of public disclosure about his financial stake in such a company must call any of his other opinions into question as well.

Nye is actively attempting to influence public opinion towards specific policy which will potentially garner him significant profits. He's a shill, simply put, and he should not be considered a credible source until he addresses these concerns.

youtu.be/th59Viesjt0
His show is politically driven and much of it, especially this performance, has nothing to do with science.

I was all stressed about my chemistry final next week. But after watching Rachel Bloom sing "My Sex Junk" I just know I'm gonna ace it.

Science Rules!

Bill Nye the Soros goy.

Same fucking thread every fucking day

Mike Rowe
>does dirty jobs for the camera as a way of bringing attention to the fact that a country cannot survive with an economy built solely on white collar jobs. He follows through with his message by urging people to get into trades and even puts up money. He does not claim to be a working man, his show portrays this by him generally fucking up/doing poorly at the jobs he is talking about.

Bill Nye
>holds engineering patents but spends his time singing songs telling me to sit on a "sex junk" because I might like it. Claims to be a scientist and therefore his word on subjects he has no training/experience in should be taken as gospel because they fall under the umbrella term of "science"

Bill should have stuck to vinegar volcanoes and being a convenient excuse to get some sleep for school kids. Only reason this hack is still relevant is because of millennial's insatiable desire to cling to their childhood by remembering the 90's. If he wasn't good enough to make it as a legitimate engineer after his show ended and had to come back out of retirement, to preach about politically convenient """""science""""" topics to soothe the rectal trauma the left suffered in November, I doubt his expertise in engineering is all that relevant.

>never made a false claim about his class status

This makes Mike Rowe honest. This endears him to blue collar workers, because his approach is generally that of a respectful apprentice or student, albeit one who makes puns and jokes for a camera crew.

Contrast this with Nye's approach, which is generally more condescending and patronizing towards the comparatively less well-educated Blue Collar class?

I know who I'd rather have a beer with.

BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL!

but there is video proof of him working hundreds of gritty working man jobs.....

>open-mindedness
>tolerance
>empathy
you sound like a fucking fascist nazi

Mechanical engineering is just applied physics.

Physics are a natural science.

Not arguing for Bill Goy, but you're explicitly wrong.

Then gay nye should just stick to ENGINEERING & not keep perpetuating the global cooling/warming/change lie.

fun fact, if a scientist ignores evidence and data and pushes an ahenda, they are no longer a scientist.

So if I study physics I can tell you about biology? Come on dipshit. Use your brain.

His "science" was bullshit. What is so confusing? When you lie, you aren't telling the truth, it's the actual definition of lying...

>Mike Rowe Saves the World
>talks about how flat earth is a fact, how god literally made the earth in 6 days

that would be the right-wing equivalent of what Bill Nye is doing

>get a job
or
>spew irrelevant nonsense to make people feel better about their insecurities