It turns out I work for a very powerful legislator in general who is now very involved with this very general issue...

It turns out I work for a very powerful legislator in general who is now very involved with this very general issue. As of right now though too general. I don't talk in depth very much with them but this person apparently really likes me a lot especially compared to my co-workers. What should be opening be? Can we talk about genital mutilation? This is also my first thread on the matter of what I expect to be many so any and all input about this issue is very appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/parenting/baby/news/20120820/anesthesia-may-harm-childrens-brains#1
cirp.org/pages/parents/protection/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fucking autocorrect

My opening

Wut

Come on you've got to be specific. I'm about to get real serious here starting tomorrow actually. Right now I'm thinking our best bet is to make it illegal for hospitals to even ask if the parents want a circumcision performed or even ban the practice at hospitals altogether. I want it recognized as a 100% religious/voluntary decision by the parents. Of course I strongly believe it is a criminal violation of the childs rights but that's a big jump to make. I would prefer some progress at least and then move from there. Jews are gonna freak the fuck out. I mean I can explore the option of an outright ban but from what I just read it's not looking good.

Preputioplasty is the preferred method of curing phismosis, although in most cases it goes away by itself. The glans is physically attached to the foreskin, and still obtaining nutrients from it until the onset of puberty. Assume all genital damage that occurs before puberty is the result of pedophilia, and punish accordingly.

>Preputioplasty
Ok gotcha thank you

Also as for immediate action I really need an opening. I guess I should just ask them if I can ask about their current legislation and then segue from there. I mean I could get shot down but right now I am strongly convinced this person wants to help me in general.

And good news just got better. They will not need to run for re-election again for a long while so an entirely brand new bill can be introduced before then. In other words I will have to endure zero discussion of "well you can start by supporting my campaign." Instead we can just hit the ground running.

I suppose my next course of inquiry will be hospital procedure. Do they ask about circumcision? I assume so which is what I want to prevent because that allows for a patient to answer "sure why the hell not" which is inexcusable and I think criminal.

If you want to make meaningful progress, you'll have to change the medical establishment first. Remember, a lot of doctors here still really believe that this is a healthy thing to do to a kid.

What the fuck are you talkin' about?

How do you figure? The medical establishment does 100% what legislators tell them to do or they face criminal prosecution.

Now as for testimony during legislative sessions that's another story but that will always be present no matter what the issue and I think actually should be welcomed.

Forced infant male genital mutilation aka circumcision

>this person apparently really likes me
>Can we talk about genital mutilation
>My opening

Prepare your opening.

Well it turns out this person is married but legislators are usually away from their family's during legislative sessions so maybe they are looking for some fun. I certainly dont want to complicate things though. I'm just often very helpful and friendly whereas my coworkers are usually indifferent to put it nicely. Previously I had worked for an extremely powerful person but they lost re-election so now literally everyone on this board knows the other persons name. So now that theyre gone I actively looked for the next person down to suck up to and coincidentally its this person.

bumping

bump

What are you asking us? to make law ideas that would provide a slippery slope to abbandon male genital mutilation?

he's asking us how to bring up the issue to his boss

You could first start with things that will make the procedure much more harder to do.

First force the hospitals to make the procedure under general anaesthesia.
This makes things much more complicated since it's no joke to kids.

Make it so that only certain, expensive anaesthetics are used that have been (((proven))) risk free and that at the same time are much more expensive to use than the regular one
Also make it so that the parents have to pay 100% for the surgery, and for any complications that may have arrived from it
Make it so that if the baby has some complication like respiratory failure because of the procedure the hospital CAN'T be sued

Make it so that doctors performing a circumcision require a certificate or something, it does two things: not all doctors can perform it, it might blacklist some doctors from some hospitals as "dick-mutilators for babies" and it would seem bad for them and the hospital

will think of more

Honestly OP I think you're qualified to answer your own question better than anyone on this board. I can only suggest that you implicitly state that you or someone you know were unconsensually mutilated mutilated to avoid the "I'm offended on behalf of someone who doesn't really care himself" vibe. You could also plant the idea that your boss' rivals are pro-circumcision and that legislating against it will boost his popularity. If you can, mention the anti-circumcision protests for the sake of social proof.

Just classify it as genital mutilation and ban it until child is an adult. Let victims sue hospitals doctors and parents who forced it on them. Revoke medical licences of those who do it.

Are you in Michigan op?

the cosmetics industry has use for the removed foreskins. provides a rather hefty financial incentive for doctors to continue stealing them. be aware you're going to run into roadblocks here and plan ahead. also good on you op, godspeed faggot

altough making people pay for circumcision might make hospitals promote the surgery as a way of making revenue for them
scratch that, you need to make the hospitals provide the money for it for some bullshit reasons

Yes that's the ultimate goal but the immediate goal is to get a law passed in that direction. I'd rather shoot for a little and get something than shoot for the whole thing and get nothing. However bills are almost always amended during legislative sessions so I should definitely plan on shooting for more than I think I can get.

Protection of Infant Boys from Wrongful Circumcision in American Hospitals
Introduction. Parents should carefully consider the advantages, disadvantages, and risks of both non-circumcision and circumcision for their son well before the due date. The American Academy of Pediatrics clearly states that circumcision is an elective non-essential procedure, which means it is neither necessary nor desirable for your son's health. Parents will be given little time at the hospital to make up their minds on a complex matter that will affect their son for all of his life. This file is addressed to the needs of parents who do not wish the surgical procedure of circumcision performed on their son.
There are many and persistent reports of boys being circumcised in hospitals in the United States against their parents' wishes.

I might have more support than I anticipated. I can suggest that wrongful circumcision is too great a risk and needs to be completely separated from the process of child birth. Also that there is no reason not to separate it anyways. Unless Im wrong about that but I can't imagine how it's even supposedly healthier to circimcisize a baby immediately rather than later.

Sup Forums is now influencing government policy.

I don't think it should be done until the child is of age and can choose for him/her-self. Parents chopping off body parts is an abridgement of free will and there's no greater sin in the universe.

I suppose you could try to get a law passed that requires the parents to ask for a circumcision without a physician suggesting it before the procedure can take place. Or flat out ban it with religious exception.

well I think you kill an idea or practice by choking the money out of it.

Make it so that general anaesthesia is used for the procedure, citing the fact that it cause incredible neurological damage from the pain.
This way you increase the risk of the procedure and raise the cost for it.

Make the child be required to be hospitalized 5 days after the procedure: this way hospitals are annoyed by the fact that they have their beds occupied by what it is just a simple skin tear for them. Cite some not so bullshit reason like the fact that you monitor for side-effects such as infection or seizures after the general anaesthetic is used. also consider this
webmd.com/parenting/baby/news/20120820/anesthesia-may-harm-childrens-brains#1

so basically you put the parents and hospitals in a shit situation, general anaesthesia is much more complicated to do regarding monitoring, medical personal used, time and money wasted. At the same time doctors have to tell them that general anaesthetics are dangerous to neurological development. Make it so that the hospital can be sued for the ever-living fuck out of it, if the kid has ADHD in 15 years he can blame the hospital for that one operation. Also parents don't want to have the risk of their kid becoming brain damaged so will leave the foreskin aline

Also, use the religious liberty to your advantage. Make it a free procedure for the parents to do. It obviously won't be free for the hospital, they must dedicate time and money for some skin cutting. Make it so that it is seen as " every person has a right to practice their religion thing"

You must make it unprofitably for the hospitals to make circumcision somehow

Other route would be to ban cosmetics that use human tissues from such surgeries, for the reason that it may make the doctors biased to reccomend the procedure when it isn't necessary

(((sigh))) why is it always (((them))) that are creating the problems. Ok, fine. If you can prove you're jewish, and it's your rabbi, fine. But no health insurance is going to cover it, especially if it goes wrong. You're on your own and you must pay.

cirp.org/pages/parents/protection/

So if anyone wants to write up a letter then I will plug in the legislators name and send it. We actually have a very long time to work on this though so now rush. One year minimum possibly 2 years before the bill deadline to be introduced. I'm here all the time too and have been for years so Id like to make this an ongoing thing and maybe we can even make my connections look like peanuts.

Yep that's basically my exact 100% goal

Fucking autocorrect

Now = no

No rush

Just translate some circumcision discussions in other countries where this shit isn't polarized as in the US.

Some people have medical conditions, phimosis one of the examples, that are improved greatly by circumcision and there are many examples of people having it in adulthood and experiencing a "finally normal sex life without pain".

On the other hand, circumcision without any medical reason, especially in infants, is insane and absolutely inexplicable to me.

TL;DR it's a medical procedure for medical conditions

Just my two cents, but what if the child got a thrauma BECAUSE the circumcinsion without anestethics?

This is good, hell I'd even say have an extension on the statute of limitations for it. I say this because I was fucked up with the nerves of my dick destroyed that wasn't found out until well after the 5-years from surgery timeframe my state has

local anesthetics are useless

and general anesthesia in newborns has sever risk for the neurological development, it takes time and money, hospital staff, that's why it's not done like this
read