So it's 2017, do Atheist still believe in the Big Bang? it seems pretty outdated and sounds just plain silly...

So it's 2017, do Atheist still believe in the Big Bang? it seems pretty outdated and sounds just plain silly. it always amuses me when people act like they know everything.
>Hurr durrr de unigurff started frum nuffin

HOW DARE YOU BRING GOD INTO THIS! WHAT A MUCH OF MORONS!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

icr.org/article/how-old-earth-according-bible/
bigbangneverhappened.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nice b8 m8

>big bang is in conflict with theism
nah

Red shift.
Slide thread.

>>Hurr durrr de unigurff started frum nuffin
What ever happened before the singularity? Who cares it don't matter after it. Not God though

>Not God though
source?

>de unigurff started frum nuffin

That's not what the big gang theory claims.

Only that it was once very small and then expanded.
We don't know what happened during the first few seconds of the big bang, let alone what happened before (or if that's even a valid question).
We also don't know if this was the only big bang, or just one of many.

Everything we know points to the fact that the entire universe originated from a central point.

Fuck off an die.

>Muh theories
>Muh stephen hawking
>Muh wheelchair
>Muh vape
>Muh Fedora

Meh, science today is so kiked and infested with leftists that you can't really trust it.

I don't know where everything came from and neither do you. I do however know that we were not created by some kike tribal god.

Maybe in the future aryan scientists will be able to honestly investigate this stuff and figure it out. But while it is a curiosity it is also not particularly important. We exist, we are here. The how we got here does not really matter.

>and neither do you
how do you know this?

KIO-KEK x10

>Claims the Universe had a beginning

b..but guys! it's simple! with our limited knowledge we can pretty much come up with a theory that explains the beginning

>Muh tiny singularity theory created the universe

bruh, why do people like you sit on their ass all day and claim to know how the universe began? All you're doing is parroting what other people with to much credibility have said.

Talk about following a bunch of sheep.

>Big bang happened
>shaped the universe in a couple thousand years

Nah

>muh memes
>muh no argument

>Big bang sounds silly
>God doesnt

Not him but, do you? Im how anyone would know that.

Did i trigger you? awwi i'm sowwie didn't mean to burst your bubble with mediocre logic damn, didn't think you could be hurt so easily.

>scientism

No.

>shaped the universe in a couple thousand years
? ? ?
why does the existence of God automatically entail young earth creationism?

>started from nothing

Better than the theory that "God" got so fucking bored he just decided to just make the universe.
And even if he DID make the universe how the fuck is he still alive?

check out simulation theory, universe started when pc turned on

The big bang theory was an invention of a Catholic priest. It BTFO atheist at the time because they were relying on the steady state universe theory. Since then they've had to shift their view to accommodate the big bang theory, but it's turned a bit ridiculous since the big bang theory clearly supports theism over atheist.

You don't even understand what you're arguing.

Hol up.
>mediocre logic
When lmfao

>Let's compare god to a human

wow is everyone in Indonesia this stupid?

do you?
no, but that's what annoys me most about agnostics
>i don't know, i don't think i have enough information
ok
>i don't know, and neither does anyone else
trash
> the theory that "God" got so fucking bored he just decided to just make the universe.
but, isn't it true that literally no one believes that? and "getting bored" before time exists doesn't even make sense?

It took you that long? really?

Because the bible is pretty clear the earth is roughly 6000 years old.

first line should have a meme arrow, i was quoting your "do you?"

God made it look like its old its actualy young, he did it to weed out the atheist assholes more easier on judgement day

icr.org/article/how-old-earth-according-bible/

>not following the bible and its evidence k

Le epic atheist here, I believe there was no beginning and there wont be an end. It always was.

Umm, where does the bible say that? o wait.. you can't prove that the bible said that, better luck next time.

Scientists don't "believe" in the Big Bang. They recognize the theory's validity because there is evidence to support it, mainly that the Universe is expanding and expanding at an growing rate. Seems logical that that means it started from an initial singularity.

Now, the big bang may not be the right theory to explain this documented phenomena, but do you, op, have an opposing theory which EQUALLY accounts for the evidence provided. Is your theory testable? Falsifiable? If no, than logic dictates The Big Bang is the better theory.

None of it makes any sense dumbass

Its like Christians only believe science when it benefits them. Fucking pricks

I didnt make a claim. Im asking you if you knew, since you seemed like you did. Im not agnostic.

>the bible is pretty clear the earth is roughly 6000 years old.
clear as mud, what are telescoped genealogies?

also, all i said was theism/God, not sure why you fedoras are whipping out the bible

It's also very clear that their are more atheists who think the bible is supposed to be literal than their are young earth creationists. Funny that those 2 groups have that in common.

[Citation needed]

Again, how the fuck is God functioning.

I'm an atheist and I had to write a lengthy paper at university on the argument against the Big Bang as an exercise.

I used to be a firm believer that the Big Bang was the most logical explanation with current facts but the research I did on that paper gave me some great insight.

The truth is, everyone is grasping for straws and what little evidence we're able to work with points us in the direction of the big bang. I believe once we have a far superior understanding of physics and the natural world the model will change.

Here is some reading to get you started:
bigbangneverhappened.org/
And the website is not some crazy sensationalism garbage, he's a smart man and a respected physicist.

You made a statement, i replied to it.

>The bible is allegorical but only in the parts it's been proven wrong.

>follow a religion
>believe in god
>dont agree with what he says

Why believe in it then?

Being and Atheist is like being a fart, you can't poke holes in their theories because nothing they spew out is a solid. and every word that comes from their mouth is smells like shit.

2 Peter 3
>3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old,

>that by the word of God the heavens were of old,

The universe is old

>You made a statement, i replied to it.
wow, very perceptive.
my point was that you lept from me saying "there is no conflict between big bang model and theism"
then you strawmanned my position to be young earth creationism

you are either very dishonest or very stupid

>Sola scriptura has been heresy for almost 2000~ years
>in the most recent few centuries creationists have popped up and invented the idea of taking the bible literal

You realize you're the retards here right? Ignoring whether or not religion is true or if their is god, it's literally documented that no one took genesis literally. The church keeps archived records of its whole history and they never believed that until modern protestantism started.

You guys should at least understand what you're trying to argue against.

>Assuming religion even has a sane theory to begin with

>You proved me wrong so now I'm narrowing the criterial.

Not the same thing, i provided an example of why you were wrong. Follow the book or cherry pick i guess.

>i only have mental gymnastics left

major problem of science is that in the eyes of ordinary citizen it is indistinguishable from religion and other magical babbling

popsci don't help with this either, literally "Science!" priests preaching to their audience

Are you just pretending to know nothing about how the bible has been interrupted in history?

ITT: What is deism

>You proved me wrong
where? how?
my argument was "there is no conflict between theism and the big bang model"
the counter was "oh yeah, well young earth creationism is"
which i already agree, i am not a young earth creationist
but my original statement holds

>there is only one interpretation of genesis, 19th century biblical literalism
friend, if this is why you're atheist, you're not on very solid foundation.
take the time to look into what christians actually believe before you shit on us.

It's indistinguishable from babblings because science is full of babbling shit theories that almost everyone who claims to be an Atheist will take as fact.

No, I know a lot about how it was interpreted through history. It's a topic that interests me greatly. Genesis was never taken literally until modern protestantism started in the last few centuries. Sola scriptura has been heresy for a very long time in the catholic church because they realized it would cause such problems and wanted to prevent it. For the vast majority of Christianity no one thought genesis was literal, and you'd be excommunicated if you did. Now since protestantism started creationists have formed and retarded atheists who know nothing of history use it to strawman Christianity as a whole.

do you still believe your daddy God made the universe just for you?

2/10

>I'm a victim of pop-sci: the post

>nu-atheist teenagers ITT don't know who this man is

>atheist crumbling under verifiable fact
That ended how I expected it would

The big bang has nothing to do with god, its a theory based on physical observations and it inherently ignores what would have happened prior to the big bang since that is not observable

>This religious man is a scientist, so religion is scientific

Dunno about you guys, but I'm pretty sure science isn't completly bullshit. Afterall I am using a fucking calculator on sterioids to communicate will all you damned Christians.

>I..I can still use my mental gymnastics to win

Sure thing kiddo.

>HAHAHAAAAAHAHH

you mean around 1500 when the protestants rose up and the whore of babylon got owned hard.

only cathocucks rejected it because it did not fit with the science

>if i strawman what he's saying i might save face
nah, sorry. you're still an embarrassment

It's a pretty basic argument from authority. Smart people can still hold dumb convictions. It doesn't mean bronze age mythos is valid.

hmm, that's an interesting argument, piss-france.

>solid argument backed up by verifiable fact appears to be mental gymnastics to an atheist

Colour me surprised.

>It's a pretty basic argument from authority.
agreed, the strawman you constructed from my post was a fallacy, you're quite the intellectual juggernaut for having taken it down.
maybe google his name or use wikipedia to understand why he's relevant to the big bang discussion, you'd be able to understand my point a bit better.

If a scientist believing in God is proof of anything, then you're greatly outnumbered by scientists who don't.

Religious people are insanely narcissistic.

In the beginning there was nothing, then there was something. Something exploded (or expanded) and defied known laws of physics, then that something(s) evolved, then that evolved something evolved into life, then that life was dumb enough to make two genders instead of staying asexual and capable of reproducing for itself. Then that something somehow evolved into many things with it's something(s) partners. Then those evolved somethings evolved and they continued evolving for Billllllllionssssssssss *echo* of yearssssss *echo* we know this because of our extremely accurate dating meathods that are compleatly not based off of assumptions or anything like that you know...

Stupid Christians

>This predominantly salt water inundated rock covered with toxic oxygen and life threatening germs was hand crafted by God for people

God is an asshole.

Catholics sold their souls to the devil a long time ago. Their is no hope for them it seems

Any scientific or pseudo-scientific, or philosophical theory in the end gets to some kind of infinity. Big bang = infinitely dense point. Cyclic universe = infinite chain of universes emerging and collapsing. Multiverse = infinite possibilities of universes. See the pattern? We cannot get rid of infinity. God is where infinity is.

>then you're greatly outnumbered by scientists who don't.
Not implying a whether or not scientists believing in God means anything, but even so your statement is wrong. The VAST majority of scientists have been theists.

Scientists being atheist is nothing more than a "if we say it enough it's true!" Meme

An atheist is someone who doesn't believe in claims without evidence.

The easter bunny, santa claus, God, leprechauns, they're all in the same category.

If you're going to say that leprechauns exist, and then try to prove it with a book of people saying that leprechauns exist, you're not going to persuade anyone.

The vast majority of people are theists you simpleton. Most engineers, plumbers, drug addicts, and lunatics are also religious because of the same fact.

>An atheist is someone who doesn't believe in claims without evidence.
>believes there's no god without evidence
>probably believes humans have rights with no evidence

Okay you're not even a smart atheist. You're still on entry level redit tier, nevermind..

How is it bait

One theory sounds just as retarded as the other.

>scientist believing in God is proof of anything
no shit.
my point was that the big bang theory was first proposed by and published by a Christian, which should show you heathens that it's not in conflict with Christianity, or theism in general.

True. Proving the poster I was responding to wrong and me correct.

New User, old and addled as well.
Trying to find a picture of a Dog in a lab coat before a blackboard with a graph.

>The easter bunny, santa claus, God, leprechauns, they're all in the same category.
But (((global warming))) apparently isn't.

>If you're going to say that leprechauns exist, and then try to prove it with a book of people saying that leprechauns exist, you're not going to persuade anyone.
Yeah, unless it's (((global warming))) we're talking about, then suddenly evidence goes out the window and it's "consensus" time up to the eyeballs.

>The VAST majority of scientists have been theists.

It's almost like you could have been horribly punished and your research discredited if you said you were an atheist, until relatively recently.

>An atheist is someone who doesn't believe in claims without evidence.
>there are 47 genders

You are arguing from authority and that makes you a faggot. Period.

Stay in your bible belt containment zone and dont come out

>You need evidence to not believe in something

This makes little sense. I can't provide tangible evidence for why Thor isn't real, but I assume him not to be because of insufficient evidence for his existence. Why can't theists grasp this? You can't disprove nonreal things.

so its seems they have a utter blindness upon them.

>11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Does it really matter? At the end of every argument the final question is "what created that?"

>God created the Earth from nothing
>What created God?
>...

>Aliens grew humans in petri dishes
>What created the aliens?
>God or other aliens
>What created them?
>....

>We are in a simulation
>Who is running it?
>...

>You are arguing from authority
you don't know what i'm arguing you dumb nigger, you didn't even bother to ask me.

Fuck man, you're right. That means God made the world and somehow his kid is able to heal Jews just by saying bullshit.

Let's start small.

How old do you believe the Earth is?

>I'm going to believe that these documentedly theist scientists were lying and just pretending based on absolutely nothing because it fits my narrative and continue to claim most scientists are atheist even though the evidence verifies I'm wrong

Why do I even bother

IT'S FUCKING SCIENCE!!! XD