What did they mean by this?

What did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

freebeacon.com/culture/netflix-edits-bill-nye-episode-remove-segment-chromosomes-determine-gender/
youtube.com/watch?v=8mY1ZrJB2sQ
putlocker.ist/this-world-transgender-kids-who-knows-best/
vimeo.com/channels/1203997/203718642
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

link?

We should also start burning people who say the earth is round.

Also, it's only scientific to change your mind when discoveries are made. Yes, we used to believe that it's the chromosomes and body parts that determine gender, but we now know this is not the case and it's much more complicated.

This happens all the time in science and there is always resistance. That's how it was when we still thought the Sun revolves around Earth - people who proposed and provided evidence that Earth revolves around the Sun were laughed at and other times killed. And now, that theory is widely accepted.

It's natural to resist and it's hard to change such structure of knowledge when it has been in our society for thousands of years. But I got news for you, sweetie, it's inevitable.

Enjoy holding back and delaying the advancement of humanity. The existence of people like you is what lead to the part of human history that we all know and love - the dark ages.

Is that alanus Morrisette

>chromosomes have been in our scientific history for thousands of years

Sage

>What did they mean by this?

This.

The new Nye show even has a 2 minutes of hate segment. It's very Orwellian.

>chromosomes and body parts that determine gender, but we now know this is not the case
It is, actually.

Link, faggot.

It's not though. The scientific method of determining chromosomes are in empiricism in biology.

Gender determination Bill Nye is using is Queer Theory with deconstructionism as a method. Deconstructionism is not a science, it's an idea which is unable to be proven because it's not falcifiable.

Something along the lines of "fuck actual science, facts are what we say they are"

If you disagree, you're obviously possessed by satan/racist.
I think the latter is worst as satan is now a cool antihero standing up to God's partriarchy

I never said what you green texted and I obviously meant the "body parts" section of what we know because we couldn't have known about chromosomes yet.

Got an archive for it?

Gender is now determined by Bill Nye so it was the right thing to do.

Can you explain this in more detail for me? I want to be honest with myself and I might have been having my whole understanding of science completely wrong this whole time.

What do you mean deconstructionalism? I'm kind of getting what you mean but I feel like I am unable to make a critical connection between this idea and scientific understanding. Do you mind explaining where I'm wrong so I'd be able to understand? Just feels like I might be wrong about something but I'm not sure what.

Amazing. Something to learn from.

Link since OP is too busy prepping his bull, Ahmed.

freebeacon.com/culture/netflix-edits-bill-nye-episode-remove-segment-chromosomes-determine-gender/

wew

A good rule of thumb is determining scientific methods quality in their falcifiability. Deconstructionism can't be falcifiable, because it's prime arguement is about what people sub-consciously think - of course that is impossible to prove.
Third wave to fith wave feminism and queer theories are all based on: Focault, Derrida and Lacan. A lot on Lacan and Lacans theories are basic just a continuation of Freuds retarded dream theories.

Honestly I like 80-85% of the show, but that whole episode was just pure cancer, it's like some Jew's got him in a corner and threatened to nuke the ice caps or something.

What did they do to him to make him like this?

I thought sex was binary
Either you're having sex, or you're not.

Is this some catholic school-girl blowjobs-don't-count bullshit?

>sex
>a spectrum

Seriously, what did he mean by that?

Bill Nye sold out. He use to be about teaching about science. Then he got the Jewbux. Now he's using "science" instead of science.

I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly you are meaning when you say "falsifiable". Sorry for asking all these questions, and obv you don't have to spend time answering, but can you give me an example how the current understanding of gender/sex is falsifiable and the new one is not?

I think they want us to cut out their chromosomes

Except there is no new evidence to suggest that chromosomes don't determine gender. It's all feels-based nonsense and bastardizing the definition of the word.

Falsifiable. It's spelled falsifiable. False doesn't even have a 'c' in it why did you think to put one in?

Sorry, you were confusing me for a bit until I realized what you were actually saying.

It means it can be false.
For example:
>All blacks are oppressed
>This one isn't
>He's an uncle tom and not a real black person
There's better examples of something being unfalsifiable, but essentially if both possible outcomes prove your theory, it's unfalsifiable.

they start to add in weird diseases and corner cases. instead of calling it errors. they call it new genders. it is just play on words

Falsifiable means possible to be proven wrong. What hes saying is that what bill nye is claiming is hard to be proven.
If you tell me i have xy chromosomes or xx chromosomes and i tell you im neither male nor female but something else and i dont accept your chromosome story because i believe sex and gender are not the same thing, then what do you do? Its not a scientific discussion at that point, its literally whatever you feel like is correct and thats it.

It would be the same as if you tried to scientifically prove to me that eating oranges is tastier than eating bananas. Or that my favorite color is worse than your favorite color. It is senseless.

Hypothesis: Chromosomes determine gender
Prediction: XY will be born with penis, XX with vagina
Evidence: XY born male, XX born female; sometimes there are those with fucked up chromosomes who become intersexed or hermaphrodites, etc. However, these are a statistical outlier at best
Conclusion: Chromosomes don't determine gender, so we don't hurt the feefees of the

But what do you mean by feels-based? All we have is our senses anyways. Our understanding of everything is feels-based. It's not like we can observe something outside of being a brain. Everything we experience is in our brain, not outside.

>The new Nye show even has a 2 minutes of hate segment. It's very Orwellian.

Link? I'd like to see that.

If tommorow people with male gender parts/hormone levels etc., but female chromosome types start appearing all over the place, then our theory that genetics determine gender would be falsified.

But there is no even imaginable situation that would falsify tumbler gender nonsense. They can explain anything, and thus predict nothing. That's not science.

can be proven wrong, its like me saying god exists and you can't prove me wrong so he must exist is not falsifiable and therefore not scientific

Feels-based, meaning not empirical
aka not scientific by any stretch of the word

What i think is the very core of an argument of these lgbtqfa+^2 is that gender and sex are not the same thing, they literally dont care about you have to say about science behind sex because they claim gender is whatever you feel like and thats it.
It is a bit of a stretch but you could almost view it as an emotion to those people.

Am I the only one who hopes Nye has a boipucci and wants to fuck the anthropogenic global warming out of it?

Read Karl Popper if you want a philosophical context. He was in a crisis when he wanted to distinguish between Einstein/Poincare/etc's science and Freud's "science." So he said that "real" science should be theoretically falsifiable, i.e. it's conceivable that evidence may surface proving a claim wrong via experiments.

No experiment can prove nor disprove "gender theory" stuff, so it's not science from that perspective.

This is fake dude.

Me telling you that sun emits light is not feels based.
It is sensory based but thats not the same. Not to mention that there are tools that can measure that light. Even if you close your eyes and you dont see it, the tool will. Your senses dont matter much to this statement.

It has been for a long time clearly understood that one's sex could be determined by directly examining their chromosomes
There were always odd combinations that didn't match this like XXY that universally were considered genetic deformities that were never beneficial
Recently they've claimed these deformities aren't worse, just 'different' meaning that there isn't two sexes with a handful of deformities but instead a wide spectrum of sexes
it's unfalsifiable because they're trying to change the definition of deformities to become normal variation so they can label it a spectrum and build off of that
Imagine there are cars and bikes, and periodically a car missing two wheels
Now imagine a group of salespeople say that the two wheeled cars are actually bikes and that bikes and cars fall on a spectrum so that they can sell you their tricycle at the same price as a car
It's semantic bullshit that they're trying to gain from and Bill Nye's spreading their propaganda trying to normalize deformities

>they claim gender is whatever you feel like
No, they claim that gender (traits) overrule sex (reproductive organs), so you're not allowed to call someone a male who doesn't explicitly identify as a male even though he has a penis.

I understand that, and there would be some merit to that, if that was what they were saying. (i.e. you can be a different gender than your body has determined).

But they are trying to say they have science on their side, when they so obviously don't. They have to whitewash their own media, just so they can keep up with their own lies.

We should enslave the family's of those who say the earth is flat for 360 generations.

FAKE

why should """gender traits""" overrule genetic makeup?

It means the ministry of truth is no longer fiction

Thank you for your responses guys. But man, I feel like my brain is trying to make some connection but it can't. I feel I'm currently unable to get it to 'click' on what you guys are saying but I know something is there and it's getting closer to happening.

I don't understand what I'm missing, but the best way I can describe it is just I can sense there is a connection in the ideas you posted that hasn't occurred in my brain yet.

Maximum.
Damage control.

wtf man, that sounds like a stroke

you can measure the EM spectrum even though you can't see most of it. you can't measure the gender or sex spectrum even though you feel like it should be there. it's most likely that there is something wrong with the chemicals in your brain (we can measure this too).

massively underrated post

I'm sorry I was so late with my response, but I see others have answered your question.

Also, if you're looking for some thorough critique of feminist/queer theory/ post-colonial methods, start by checking out Derrida and Lacan. They are the literal jews behind it all.

To understand deconstructionism is tough because you first must understand structuralism and before that Plato.

Falsifiability is actually not that hard to grasp. A simple wiki check should prove sufficient.

It means that scientific knowledge is being rewritten by people with an agenda to suit their political biases.

BTFO

Lad, why did they close Canada's foremost Gender dysphoria clinic?

Oh that's right, because it was proving that 80 percent of gender dysphoria cases were due to psychological factors that could be helped.

>Can;t have that now can we.

No it's not that intense, but I feel like I'm close to getting what everyone has been saying.

Yeah sorry. I was too lazy to spellcheck and the english language is just so illogical that I didn't bother to quickscan for any coherrence.
You know, we're on Sup Forums and in here it doesn't really bother me if people think I'm a retard.

Yeah i literally agree with your post, and your post implies you agree with me but youre trying to argue. What am i missing here?
Yes, this is a really disgusting thing thats happening right now. It is quite literally a mockery out of science.
Im going to try to put it all together for you and others will correct me.

Until recently sex=gender, sex=chromosomes, gender=chromosomes.
Now sex!=gender, gender!=chromosomes.
People that like the latter more, pretty much admit that they think gender is whatever you fucking feel like, and as an user stated earlier they put gender above sex in importance.
Problem with this is that you are saying your feelings should overrule everything. Lets say im weak and i feel like im strong and i go up to a person thats stronger than me and start a fight, these people would expect the stronger person to respect their trans-strengthism and let them win, but thats not how it works. I know this is abstract comparison but its good enough id say.

The whole argument of this gender!=sex is semantics, this word doesnt mean what you want it to mean but what i want it to mean and so on, its pathetic.

As far as falsifiable concept goes, they want, what i consider sex, to be determined by your feelings. And there is no way for someone to disprove your feeling. I cannot tell you youre not feeling happy at a given moment, only you know that.

And as the other user mentioned
They claim its somehow science, they got a "scientist" to agree with them on TV to make people think, oh look that science guy said it!
It is a fucking joke. If people that say they like being "objective and that they like science.." become accepting of whatever a half scientist says on a topic he doesnt even study as fact i dont know what im going to do with my life.

>Oh that's right, because it was proving that 80 percent of gender dysphoria cases were due to psychological factors that could be helped.
Source on this?

>Can someone meme a Gender/Tranny game pic as a game for this?

Here's the original episode

>youtube.com/watch?v=8mY1ZrJB2sQ

If you really are curious about gender or feminist criticizm, then you can ask in a thread tomorrow. I've written some tangible essays about it, but it's past 2 at midnight here, so I'm off to bed soon.

I didn't think you were retarded you just repeatedly made the same spelling error so I corrected you. Of course it's Sup Forums so you get a few typos before being called out. You're not USA or UK so I assumed it was some language tic or something.

This is the video equivalent of book burning

I'm just waiting for these vids pointing out the now-removed segment to get taken down for Copyright infringement.

Nothing survives the memory hole.

I was having a tough time understanding all this too but this post got my almonds roasting

Pretty much the gist of it all is, if you can't prove or disprove it with empirical evidence, then it isn't scientific, right?

Sauce on this?

It was right of you to correct me. Always better safe than sorry and you did it in a civilized way. Also, good quick mental note that the word is constructed out of the word false.

The BBC gets a lot of flak.
Then they make that one show that BTFO of things

Lads, a fair and measured documentary that the activists complained about.

Fuck them.

>Spread this
putlocker.ist/this-world-transgender-kids-who-knows-best/

Bonus:
>Includes kids who have transitioned who regret it and feel deceived and betrayed by the pro-tranny lobbyists but can;t go back.
>Shows many children who grew out of this dysphoria and accepted their gender regardless of whether they are gay/straight as adults once the clinic helped get to the root.

>Also shows how unfortunately why people hate the US as in your country people can provide whatever you want for money.
Fuck it give me a horse cock, bush-cricket ratio balls. Sabre teeth and the legs of a cheetah.

In other words Captain Denmark is spewing bullshit.

That is why it is confusing. Gender is a term which was attributed to chromosomal make-up back in 1906, a year after the discovery of the Y chromosome.

In genetics, we base gender on the 3-G system with the greatest determining factor being the existence or absence of the XY pair.

I f you have an XY pair then you have a male and if you do not have an XY pair, such as in XX, XXX, XO, etc., then you have a female.

All intersexed/DSDs have a genetic gender as well. Thus there is no spectrum in gender.

The spectrum exists in the idea of gender roles, which does nothing to the standard 3-G model.

t. Geneticist specializing in intersex/DSD genetics.

vimeo.com/channels/1203997/203718642

Sorry wrong vid.
Refer to my other post
Here:
Transgender: Who knows best
>Trannie child-abusing lobbyists BTFO.

No. It just isn't falsefiable. It's just a way of measuring science. There are a lot of different sciences, the word by itself is hollow. You always have to look for the scientific method. The method is quintessential. When someone tries to wauw you by saying bullshit like "scientificly proven" you always ask for the method.

Deconstructionism is a shit method.

see

Yeah this is hard to grasp but I am starting to see something really important here.

If it's not a pain, (because it's work and it'll take up your time for some random anons) I think what would help to understand for me is if you listed the opposing sides' views, and explained how one of them (which is the SJW side) is not reasonable compared to the one you're saying is reasonable. It's hard to make the connection for me. I feel retarded.

What the fuck. Why am I the target? I don't disagree with you.

Will watch. Thanks familia.

Those who naturally have genitals or chromosomal intersex issues, are never mentioned.

As these people will probably tell the Transgender lot:

>What the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you want my pain? You have normal functioning genitalia and you mutilate yourself?

Claim: The earth is flat.
Evidence: No, it's round. Here are pictures from satellites, mathematical calculations showing it shouldn't be flat, etc.
Conclusion: The earth is actually round.

That's how science works. As opposed to:
Claim: White people subconsciously are racist without realizing it.
Evidence: Well, we can't know what's going on inside people's heads so we can't check whether it's true or not.
Conclusion: We were probably right?

Spread the word.

meant for

You can look for patterns of "all whites are sub-consciously racist" and then create a scientific theory. I'm not saying I believe any of that lib bullshit but science isn't really an either or, it's an umbrella term. As I wrote earlier in this thread, you have to look at the scientific method and not wether or not something is science. The two you just purposed are both science, where one of them (the first) is induction and the ladder is just science but with a shitty method.

Bill Nye The Chromosome Denier Guy
> This is what Lysenkoism looks like, look it up faggots.

I doubt Netflix went out of their way on their own accord to do this, it must've been at the request of someone else who they got the rights from.

Yall niggas are getting things wrong. SEX is biological and determined by your chromosomes. GENDER is determined by a combination of societal norms a child learns when he is growing up and identifies as. I heard this straight from my sociology proffessor.

It was russian hackers who did it!

The whole argument is so very simple. Pick which one you agree with:
Gender is the same as sex / gender is not the same as sex.
And you already have a really big picture on the thing.
Next step is, again, pick which one you agree with:
Feelings matter more than facts / feelings dont matter more than facts

Okay were really makin progress.
Last one,Im going to spoil the last one for you though, the answer is on the right, atleast for now., pick which one you agree with:
Science can explain feelings / science cannot explain feelings

Sjws believe that gender and sex are not the same. Personally i dont care.
Sjws believe that gender is what you decide to be. Personally i dont care.
Sjws believe that gender is more important than sex and that feelings are most important in this world. I disagree.
I do not care about your feelings period. And i do not want to have to remember a bunch of dumb fucking pronouns that some of sjws would like to be able to change mid day, just so they feel better.
Sjws believe that feelings are science. I disagree.
Right now science cannot completely understand why some like something and others dont, we know what chemical reactions go through the brain when we feel what we like/dislike but we dont know why. And if you try to push your feelings into science i seriously take issue.

Yeah, no idea why he went after you because I think that's what you were saying. But I'm glad he went after you for whatever reason because that cleared it up a bit. So basically:

Gender is the determination of what chromosomal make-up person has, whether it's XY (male) or XX (female). The "male" and "female" part are simply words that mean XY or XX (and some mutations like XXX, XXO). Gender is just a word to refer to a chromosomal makeup, and the gender types (female and male) are just words used to refer to specific makeup of different chromosome combinations.

But SJW are saying gender isn't determined by sex, which has 2 categories: male and female (and by male and female meaning the societal male and female, not XY or XX). So you can be male, female, genderqueer, transfuck, assqueen. etc. They are saying gender is not bound to chromosomes.

So, if I understand, the whole issue just boils down to the way people are using the words "gender" and "sex". They have different usages of the word:
Example: Gender(scientific) - the make up of the last 2 chromosomes, which can be either female (XX) or male (XY).
Gender(SJW) - the societal idea of being a female or male. The feeling of what you feel like.
I'm having trouble now definining the SJW gender word.

Is this what it basically is? Just a sort of clash of definitions, where SJW are trying to mold both into 1 word and obviously causing a problem, completely missing the point?

Sorry for lack of organization. It's hard to explain.

Nah. Mental disorders determine gender now.

>White people subconsciously are racist without realizing it

Taking this a step further

>non-white people are not subconciously racist
>this is a trait unique to white people
>white people are different than non-white people

But really, it's just that everyone else is open about their racism instead of bottling it up to appeal to their indoctrination

>The word gender comes from the Middle English gendre, a loanword from Norman-conquest-era Middle French. This, in turn, came from Latin genus. Both words mean "kind," "type," or "sort."
>Other languages, like German or Dutch, use the same word, Geschlecht or Geslacht, to refer not only to biological sex, but social differences and grammatical gender as well, making a distinction between 'sex' and 'gender' difficult.

Words change over time. We all accept this. Gender in the nu-SJW context, is based entirely on cultural foundations and concepts.

You can be culturally male, or culturally female. We all accept this.

Take the schema as given, that gender is about culturally based gender roles. It has nothing to do with biology or chromosomes. We all accept this.

But, that's where it gets tricky.

Why the bathroom issue? Should your toiletry choice be determined by your gender, or your sex? Should we adopt a neutral gender AND sex bathroom system? Should social programs and benefits be determined by gender, or by sex?

The answer of course, is that we should not redesign our society for the whims of sociologists' flavor of the month research topic. Gender is the result of nurture, sex is nature.

Why do people actually believe the complete propaganda in the new Bill Nye show?

It should be common fucking sense that gender is cut and dry. Sure you can be gay or bi, but NOTHING and I mean NOTHING will ever change the fact that if you're born a man, you will always be a man, and the same applies for women.
So are these people just virtue signaling, or are they actually retarded enough to believe you can change your gender on a whim?

exactly
its a group of people trying to redefine the English language for subversive purposes

Whatever, fine by me, but don't call it science when you hire a celebrity scientist to spout your bullshit

>I'm having trouble now definining the SJW gender word.
Don't even bother trying
Considering the fact that "genderfluid" is something that SJWs consider to be a real thing, "gender" is pretty much meaningless

>gender is gender roles, not biology
>we all accept this
apparently not
why split hairs?

>but NOTHING and I mean NOTHING will ever change the fact that if you're born a man, you will always be a man
Not necessarily true in the distant future, but it's surely something we'll never see in our lifetimes

I won't be convinced until we can alter the chromosomes in every single cell of your body.