Alabama votes to allow nitrogen executions

msnewsnow.com/story/35333593/alabama-committee-votes-to-allow-nitrogen-executions

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nq_K6dDG9sA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Table_of_Drops
youtube.com/watch?v=NdbkvJznmwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Finally.

why do they let them go without any suffering?!

i watched a lot of death row documentaries recently and interviews with inmates and all of them said its a relief for them and they are happy they can go relatively peacefully

If inmates are happy to die what's the problem?

imagine the lawsuits from the guy who has to flip the switch.

last i read there were 3 guys who all flip a switch and none know which actually did it.

the problem is that the retarded judiciary system in some states is so fucking fucked up that they prolong every sentence for 20 years which is similiar to sentences in countries that are not the US PLUS your inmates are often more costly than ours and death row inmates in particular

it does nothing for the tax payer at all to kill them off that late and they are happy about it .. they are literally winning on all accounts so w hats the fucking point?!

either abolish the death penalty or streamline the whole process .. give actual fair trials to eliminate potential errors or make the death penalty rarer ... more often than not the death penalty is used to satisfy the public and to shut them up ...

do it like china and kill them in a few weeks or months .. maybe a year or two.

That way at least the tax payer has less to worry about.

Bring back firing squads reeeeeee

We really need to stream line the death penalty. There's no point on keeping them around in a cell costing money for a decade or more followed by a lengthy and expensive killing method.

Bring back the guillotine. That shit was fast, painless and cheap.

Gas the niggers

This is actually the most humane way of executing someone.

You'll just fall asleep and then die.

Some people got killed unjustly tho.. Death penalty should be given only if the proofs are 10000% against . You can t sentence to death someone and then say " oh ops he was innocent "

yeah thats why i said they have to streamline the WHOLE process

and give it to people where you can prove without any shadow of a doubt that they were innocent

some people just get a death sentence best on witness testimonies and shit and the judges, attorney generals and shit are just memeing around to find someone because the public is outraged and shit ... its ridiculous

For firing squad executions there's at least one gun with a blank in the chamber so that everyone has plausible deniability.

Literally gassing, USA too based non countries should just quit

*that they were guilty

Not about streamlining death panels. We need to get the right to a speedy trial back.

niggers BTFO

Why not a party store helium tank?

Just let me do it, id be happy getting payed to flip swithces on niggers

nitrogen is better than helium and has the same effect

Jews and niggers are finally gonna be gasse son my lifetime :,)

Jews first. Niggers wait at the back of the bus.

Helium is rare and it's running out. But we keep throwing it away in Pixar movies.

Nitrogen is already the majority of the air we breathe, and our body only searches for CO2 to trigger the asphyxiation response. Helium is an inert gas would probably work the same, but it is easier to argue for nitrogen in an appeal should the usage be challenged.

We should replace the death penalty with permanent solitary confinement. The only source of stimulus is to be a reminder of the crimes they committed.

Modern medicine could keep them alive even longer. Imagine being kept alive for decades after you should of been dead, tied to some machine pumping oxygen into your lungs and massaging your heart.

Sounds like everyday life.

Literally not gassing. It's not gassing any more than it is breathing air, except they left out the oxygen part. Gassing implies they put something in the air that a person wouldn't normally breathe. Instead, they're taking something out.

It's literally suffocation, not gassing.

>any last words?
>*squeeky voice*

Too pricey senpai, pull a China and shoot them then charge their family for the bullet, to send a message

that would be nice but western countries make it too expensive to keep inmates cause they don't want to violate human rights and shit

i'd lock them all up in some hole too and throw them some food in there every 3 days until they are dead but thats never going to happen cause our society is gay

>muh painless executions

Fuck off, bring back the rope and next day hangings and I'll care.

How about the rest of the prison population (almost all blacks anyway) provides as much semen as they can suck?

>Alabama votes to allow nitrogen executions
Are we allowing the (((courts))) to give us the gas? Could over 6 gorillion goym be slaughtered this week?

Typical alabama

No, fuck off with your bullshit rationalizing you pussy.

Kill 'em dead and fuck the rest.

The Executive branch approves a legislative motion for the courts to either use or bicker endlessly on the constitutionality of said Law (then motion)
Trust the system Goy

Where's the Huffington Post article
>ALABAMA PUSHING TO GAS BLACKS

Why not just do death by firing squad? Last cigarette, tied standing up to a post, blindfold optional. This seems more dignified and humane.

>That shit was fast, painless and cheap.
Not even. Cheap maybe, but sure as hell not fast and painless. After a few beheadings the blade gets too dull to decapitate in 1 strike.
firing squads. Now thats fast cheap and painless

8th Amemdment. Learn to Bill of Rights

I'm an Alabama nitrogen and I wanna' be free.

I agree!

Have a rare "gibbet" style guillotine.

MY FUCKING SIDES

or just seal them in an oil drum with about 2 days worth of oxygen and encase the drum in concrete and then drop them into the middle of the ocean

If done correctly hanging is a instant and painless death that leaves the body relatively unharmed.

Sounds expensive
How's about you eat a dick

There's quite a history of miscalculating hangings that result in grotesque outcomes.

But it is generally reasonably if it doesn't go wrong in the most incompetent sort of way.

When the Eighth Amendment was written, they hung people, and it didn't take decades in jail while their scumbag lawyers filed a million frivolous lawsuits and appeals to do so either.

Is Alabama the first state to do this? What the fuck happened? There is still an electric chair in Atmore!

So there's some sort of community standard that should guide our understanding?

Why is it a fucking human in the first place? Americans to dumb to make it a automation?

Gotta make money somehow user

Nothing you said denies that deliberately causing suffering is cruel and that the 8th amendment prohibits cruel punishment. If you want to discard the Bill of Rights because it doesn't fit your sense of social justice go to Tumblr, you ignorant fuck.

given our current level of technology, I think it's fair compromise to reserve the death penalty for people caught on film committing the crime

beyond a reasonable doubt still leaves a doubt. There needs to be a new qualifier

youtube.com/watch?v=Nq_K6dDG9sA

Good shit. Cheap, lethal, painless, 100% effective as long as you slowly increase the concentration and keep the pressure steady.

Ideally this is what euthanasia should be like.

funniest death ever. n2 death should be like a whiffit no?

Man I saw an article the other day where they mentioned massaging the heart, and I knew some cocksucker would instantly decide that was the key to immortality. Fuck, I hate stupid people who jump on catchy-sounding concepts.

How do you know if the person really got caught on film committing the crime?

12 peers all having to agree that they can't reasonably doubt the evidence isn't all that bad a standard if it is applied honestly.

Why was it ever not allowed? It's cost efficient and the materials are common.

Why not carbon monoxide?

You're thinking of nitrous oxide. That's different from nitrogen.

From personal experience, I think I'd prefer to go out with a tank of laughing gas.

>Nothing you said denies that deliberately causing suffering is cruel and that the 8th amendment prohibits cruel punishment.

Right, and the people that actually wrote it had no qualms with the death penalty.

It has not changed since it was written. You're pushing that 'living document' crap that Leftist judges use to try and change the meaning of words.

Nitrogen is the easiest way. No pain, no gore, no way the fucker lives through it. The only bad press I can really see is if the dumb fuck gets scared and holds his breath. Then he could suffer a minute or two trying not to breathe. But just breathe easy and the lights go down in seconds, off forever in minutes.

because they only need to determine things beyond a /reasonable/ doubt
and I'm sure we can agree, sometimes life is far from reasonable or logical

occasionally absurd things happen. A reasonable doubt isn't a high enough standard to me

You're the one who wants to reinterpret what was written; I'm just citing the actual words. I think you've confused who is the "living document" faggot here.

I agree mate. But I don't have a superior suggestion.

Agreed. I'm amazed not everyone is doing it

kek

>not helium

I wouldn't fucking make it painless or fast.

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD

Fun fact the British government published a guide book for executioners so they would screw up. Making the rope to short lead to the condemned dying of strangulation after a few minutes, to long and there's a possibility of partially or completely severing the head.

Most people who commit suicide by hanging don't realise that the rope is meant to snap your neck and end up dying quite slowly and painfully.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Table_of_Drops

It's literally hypoxia. They're still breathing, so it isn't suffocation.

If you had the slightest amount of reading comprehension you'd have understood that the original question was "why let them go without suffering?" Is it cruel to kill someone in a painful way when painless ways are also available?

my first thought

Who flips the switch that starts the automated process?

Stupid leaf.

CO causes gasping and it's pretty brutal death.

how about just chop their heads off?

I know. I was researching suicide methods once and that's how I found out how horrible most attempted hangings are.

Liberals have realised that it's impossible to get capital outright banned. So they've switched tactics to try and all the methods of execution declared illegal on the grounds of cruel and unusual.

>Americans to dumb to make it a automation?

>to dumb
>a automation

subtle troll or blatant retard?

actually, now that i think about it, if this was pretty much any other flag posting i could reasonably make that argument, but since it's a beaver bitch, i know full well it's the latter.

That leaf stuff is true

It's not an inert gas.

Most suicide methods are botched I would say.

Why not helium?

HELLO ALABAMA DOUCHEBAGS TRY FUCKING PHENOBARBITAL

That's pretty nice. Bet some murderer sympathizers would hope they'd just end the death penalty.

I wish the families of the people they hurt could vote on their method of execution.

>death by woodchipper feetfirst for all pedos

This isn't the middle ages you idiot we have high quality forged carbon steel folded over 1000 times. It would be a razor blade every time.

Helium is expensive.

Also you could automate it as a high speed hydraulic press instead of the old fashioned way. That means it doesn't matter if the blade is dull, that head is coming off.

Less stress on the executioners, witnesses, and families on both sides (yes, the condemned's family deserves some consideration as well, THEY'RE not being punished)

No suffering, completely idiot proof and will work with 100% certainty/no botched executions, we already have the means of doing it in states that used to use gas chamber executions (just replace potassium cyanide with Nitrogen/Argon mix canisters.), not distressing for witnesses to watch (because you need legal witnesses to the execution), and you turn over an intact corpse for the family to do whatever funeral rites and burial/cremation they wish.

As far as punishment goes.. what does it matter? They're dead. Justice has been served, they can never hurt anyone again when their dead.

That's the point of the death sentence, to deprive the condemned of life so that they can never commit that crime again.

The death penalty should be reserved for people deemed to be too dangerous to be alive even in prison frankly. Putting people on death row if they're remorseful and don't show any tendancies of escaping or murdering other inmates and aren't like heads of organized crime that continue to conduct business on the inside.. that's a waste of money, all those years of automatic appeals.

If we execute someone we better really want them dead for good reason.

Otherwise, life imprisonment is a better option.

What exactly is wrong with the lethal injection?
You get anesthetized then rendered unconscious then killed.

Beat me to it. I'd chose Krypton cause it sounds cooler.

god flips the switch silly goyim
youtube.com/watch?v=NdbkvJznmwU

Even better to just crush the skull.

Really there is no reason to not just shoot the head and be done with it.

People react to the chemicals differently.
The chemicals also are expensive and could be denied shipment, and there can be (((shortages)))
I read that some inmates, after getting injected, experience horrible pain and gasping for several seconds before death.

Then you have to be strapped down, get a needle, and you don't don't know if you die before anesthesia or you'll simply be paralyzed in horrible pain. There was a big news blitz recently about some state executing some folks to use up the chemicals before the expiration date was over.

Stories of botching it might be overplayed, but it's unnecessarily complicated, scary, and expensive compared to simple old fashioned ways.