Celts vs Aztecs: who would win?

Sup Forums
What Civilization was better and more advanced, Celts or Aztecs?

Who would win a fight 100 Aztecs vs 100 celts?

Celts because flu

Celts, had iron weapons, better shields, aztecs had volcanic glass and leather shields.

What is the terrain looking like?

Celts. Metalworking

Celts had better equipment.

aztecs win in the jungle, celts win in the highlands

Celts Aztecs were 4 feet tall. It would be like fighting less smart toddlers.

CELTS WIN IN THE FOREST TOO YOU DOUCHE BAG

I said jungle

Celts are Spaniard people ancestors and they still had better weapons than Native Americans in 1500

Aztecs took prisoners to sacrifice to their blood gods, so...

The Aztec style of war utilized capturing enemies to make for sacrifices, where killing was never the main goal. This is why Cortes lost very few people from actual battle when he invaded old Mexico. As for the celts they used European warfare where killing was the main goal of the battle. Celts win every time.

Iron beats stone. Obsidian is a meme. Stop making these threads.

Irl Aztecs were smaller and had lower tech weapons.
For the lols you could simulate it on AoEII 100 woadraiders against 100 Jaguar warriors. the aztecs would win though

Stonehenge was a superweapon. Celts easy.

Celts also practiced human sacrifice.

More interesting - Aztecs
More likely to win the battle - Not sure, leaning towards Celts

Celts easily, this isnt a fight pablo
1. Horses for fucksake, the gaels were excelent horsemen, the britons even had badass chariots
2. I R O N W O R K I N G
3. You're fucking stupid, kys

Celts

Bigger stronger better materials (even bronze age Celts had better weapons) and more experience fighting against foreign fighters with different tactics and equipment then them.

I assume you are talking Roman-era celts. The Celts would win. They invented chainmail, and it was so good the Romans copied it. They also had better tech all around, because iron.

Did the Aztecs really have those costumes? They look like chinese, I guess injuns and chinks really are similar after all

>flu kills the aztecs instantly in battle

To bad Aztecs were in an arid volcanic valley hundreds of miles from the nearest jungles.

Celts win due to iron working, both were cannibalistic savages though.

Jesus wouldn't want them to live? :3

The Celts used to have most of Europe parts of Anatolia and North Africa. Why did they lose to the Anglos and germanics? Now celts only exist in Ireland, Brittany, Wales, Scotland, and Basque

Celts. Better weapons.

obviously Celts.
You do realize that tons of Europeans died too when they came into contact with Native Americans? Reason there weren't any big outbreaks in Europe was because they all died during the months at sea getting back to Europe.

Those are some comfy pajamas, I also i must say the Celts cause iron and shit.

This.

Also superior stature and musculature.

Some interesting diseases that came from the New World

Celts had iron weapons and weapons, Aztecs had stone weapons and never invented the wheel. Celts are also a much larger and physically stronger people than the Aztecs were.

The Celts would slaughter them.

Galicia. Basque are close, but not Celtiberians

> Who would win a fight 100 Aztecs vs 100 celts?

The Romans

Let me tell about the Celts. They practiced headhunting, literally for the purpose of collecting the souls of their fallen enemies, which they believed was in the head. They believed that possessing the heads, and thus the souls, of people made them more powerful.

>malaria
>new world
???

Aztecs had a better civilisation but the celts had iron weapons so they probably would have had the edge in a battle

Are you arguing that this makes them more advanced, or less?

Gotta be more explicit user

They both fight in their pajamas wtf

They both fight in their pajamas wtf

Metal beats Wicker weapons.

Uh?

Depends completely on the terrain. Primordial civilisations' fighting capacity mostly came from their deep rooted knowledge of their lands; hunting grounds and the like.

Both would win on their home ground

>unironically thinking the Aztecs didn't have basic wheels
>baka

8 seconds apart

Zulu vs Aztects - Who would win?

Like predators

Celts had chariots, they would destroy them

Honestly, (discounting diseases of course, fuck you smallpox) I think the only Pre-colonial American nations that would be able to stand against Europeans in a fight would be the Inca/ Andean civilizations. They could be considered the most "European" of what was around at the time.

Do the aztecs get small pox resistance?

>celts
>odin
confused, ameriburger?

That would be some cool shit

Idk, maybe, uhh, hmm, Rome conquering them all?

>never invented the wheel
American education everyone.

checked

this happened when cortes landed in veracruz. 500 celts defeated an empire.

Let us ask Robert E Howard

yup it is the Celts

>CELTS AND GALLS WERE DISORGANIZED BARBARIANS

No they weren't. It depended on where you found yourself in Gallic society. Many of them commanded powerful metallurgy techniques due to access to high quality iron ore and methods of carbonizing them. Gallic and Celtic mercenaries were known for their fighting prowess and were paid huge sums of money for their services by many cultures of antiquity.

They also had some pretty advanced systems of civics depending on where in Gall you might find yourself.

Yes, the Celts would definitely win against the Aztecs, because Gallic people could definitely organize orders of battle far beyond the scope of Aztec raiding parties.

one were defeated by another civilization from half world away in just 2 years.

the other no.

you tell me.

The Zulu have iron weapons too, they would win definately, but watching them fight would be badass

Was it even 500? I thought it was a little over 100, but that might be the Inca I'm thinking about.

>spainard

Also, alot of roman accounts were fake news so they would have an excuse to (((civilize))) them

celts had better equipment in 200ad than the aztecs had in the 1500s

The Celts had iron weapons 1,000 years before the Aztecs figured out obsidian.

If you're talking battle, I don't know user, maybe Celts cuz aztecs were not that of a big empire.
>Teotihucán was almost 1000 years old when they came arround.
>They were basically Chichimecas, but never wanted to admit that.

But if you're talking about engeneering, Aztecs all the way.

>natives found out stone age tech 1000 years ago
>american education

Most of the very army-sized army consisted of other natives. But they did win because they had the Spanish troops to tip the scales.

>Talking about Aztec engineering
>Posts Chichen Itza
The Yucatan is a bit too far south for Aztecs, user.

Nah fuck nut, are you?

and I thought our schools were bad.

But siege onagers senpai. plus that wood cutting bonus

He's right though

Oh shit it's true. Sorry I literally put "Aztec Piramid" in google.
Tried to avoid all the Teotihucán images that popped out. I fucked it.

It keeps showing me the "Piramid of the Sun" but that was made by unknown cultures in 150 a.C, not the Mexicas (Aztecs)

Well this is some drwa of the "Major Temple" from Tenochtitlán.

Iberia was also Celtic at one point you stupid goose

I say Zulu in a set piece battle because of their "ox" battle tactics while the Aztecs are more attuned to skirmishing in a siege or raid

Don't blame me for the fact that your ancestors were backwards pagan savages who didn't have the intellect to build a cart, a wheelbarrow, or even a fucking rickshaw.

You would too if you were raised to absolutely believe it. Especially hundreds of years ago.
The Aztecs carried weapons to wound and incapacitate. They would kill of course, but captives were a true prize and the sign of a skilled warrior.

I gues between the two, it would boil down to terrain and experience.

Thats the inca

And some of their gods demanded specifically warriors captured in battle to be sacrified.
Some of which were given a grat feast before die, they repected them very much.
Sometimes they would eat their bodies after the sacrifice, but this was a great honor reserved to a few only.

Celts were not a unified group and had tribes from Ireland to Central Europe. Its as if op said "could blacks beat the navajo?

celts
superior weaponry

It's cool to be honest. A shame they were obliterated. Nothing you can do now

What you're saying leads to the conclusion that the Celts had better fucking weapons for killing.

But of course like every other cock nosed fence sitter you don't make a guess.

Think about it this way. What kind of terrain lets the fucking aztecs win?

The Aztecs because they would retreat across the Rio Grande river and be protected by the Border Patrol who have guns.

are we talking about Celts pre roman influence or post roman influence?

Depends on the conditions. The Aztecs were absolutely more "advanced" than the Celts... but they were also pretty much the closest thing to a civilization of evil. They could beat the Celts in a fight, provided the Celts fought on the same terms as them (non-lethal, raid-based, capture-oriented) which the Celts probably would not do.

Yes, and? Still a mistake

Did the Aztecs really fight in full body footie pajamas? Pretty cute desu

LMAO you actually believe your ancestors were skilled and built those pyramids LOL wew lad.

Hmm nah. Incas.

It doesn't matter.
The hypothetical is 100 vs 100.

Even if it was raid based, the celts would kill them easily. Aztecs assault and the superiority equipped and larger built celts would sen them packing. Celts were very good at fighting. If the Aztecs want to make it a raiding war the Celts would dig in.

>What you're saying leads to the conclusion that the Celts had better fucking weapons for killing.

How astute of you to pick up on that.

Home turf. Just as the "celts" would, depending on what tribe or people out of the fucking hundreds there are.

I ain't a cannibal.

Not sure they would have self- identified as Celtic in the 16th century.

Ez.

>It doesn't matter.
pre roman celts were north american native tier

It's a hypothetical. Guess. That's the point. Pontificate all you want, and guess.

No, they still had metal working. Their culture and warfare are very old.

No jungles in Spain, you faggots

nigga everybody gets malaria easily unless you also have that thing some blacks have that also makes you die at 30 of blood problems without Western medicine