What's Sup Forums's opinion on the masterpiece: Lawrence of Arabia

What's Sup Forums's opinion on the masterpiece: Lawrence of Arabia.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostromo#Film.2C_TV_or_theatrical_adaptations
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostromo_(TV_serial)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

white washing

I like the part when he got raped

kino

its how i learned of TE Lawrence

based

Arabs are smart, wise, and brave
They are also too damn tribalistic and hardheaded

Absolutely love it. I used to go to sleep dreaming of being T.E. Lawrence and going on an adventure in an exotic land, though preferably with less homosexual BDSM subtext.

iranians seem to be not as bad

I have just finished watching it. It took me forever to finally see it, but I can imagine dreams coming out of it.

just don't give them artillery!

Lawrence was a pedophile who found out that arabs widely share his love for little boys. That common insanity was the main ground that allowed him to forge a pact with those subhumans.
just google "bacha bazi"

Yeah, I'm gonna ignore that so my view of the movie isn't tainted.
Or I guess I could separate real from fiction.

David Lean was a great director; Doctor Zhivago is a good movie too.

"The only things in it that were real were the camels and the sand."

Don't trust Hollywood you goddamned fucking retard.

A great film.

I have never watched it, actually.

>Don't trust Hollywood you goddamned fucking retard.
Why'd you think I did that?

David Lean was one of the best directors in history. He does a good job of creating realistic characters typically portrayed as jokes by other films at the time.

In Lawrence of Arabia he took stock Arabs and portrayed them as enlightened nationalists.

In The Bridge on the River Kwai he portrayed the Japanese as excessively proud but reasonable.

In Dr. Zhivago he portrayed the Whites just as bad as the Reds showing both as opportunistic and power-hungry.

In Passage to India he showed the British as stubborn but lawful and the Indians as compassionate but misguided.

I have been desperately trying to find a copy of his "Nostromo" but libraries are reluctant to interlibrary loan VHS tapes. If anyone knows of a download link/DVD of it I'd be most appreciative.

>I guess I could separate real from fiction.
In his autobiography, the first two pages can be summed up with "there was a lot of gay sex in the desert".

>I have been desperately trying to find a copy of his "Nostromo" but libraries are reluctant to interlibrary loan VHS tapes.
I'm not sure if you're joking, but this is a movie that never got made. Lean was going to direct in 1991, but died during principle photography. Really makes you wonder what could've been.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostromo#Film.2C_TV_or_theatrical_adaptations

>Hollywood

It wasn't made in Hollywood or by Americans.

I am thinking of this one en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostromo_(TV_serial)

I know he didn't survive long enough to do much of it, but he had a major role in its pre-production so I've been looking for it for awhile.

Existenz was the better film about layers of virtual reality that came out in 1999.
Less of a spectacle than the Matrix but no where near as childish a plot.

One of the best movies ever made, even if you hate the story and the characters the cinematography was really way ahead of it's time

Oh wow, I should look for it. What cast.
>the cinematography was really way ahead of it's time
It's contender for best shot film ever I'd say.

My favorite movie of all time

Epic music

It does suck Lawrence was a pedo but he had many flaws as do most "heroes"

It's too bad that all the region has made of itself is pic related

My man. eXistenZ didn't hold the audiences hand at all really. Just took you with these characters into some bizarre world. Cool body horror too.

>60,000 fought in the Ottoman civil war
>make a movie about the single white guy there

Is Jennifer Jason Leigh redpilled?

She's Jewish, just so you know. But yes, believe it or not. She won't say anything about it publicly.

"one white guy" was able to accomplish more then many thousands of shitskins, which was the point and eventually he realized it was all just a waste because shitskins are mindless barbarians

>not a single line of dialogue spoken by a women
Seems like it'd be the movie Sup Forums would fap to daily

The director David Lean was a great poofter with a penchant for a little naughty S/M from time to time. Large Hollywood gay soirées, debauchery, cock-sucking, etc. All of his movies starred a gay leading man (in real life) and the torturous journeys and travails and whippings and general gay S/M role-playing struggles they needed to go through to make them Mas Macho heros in the end. Plenty of sodomy to go around.

>In Dr. Zhivago he portrayed the Whites just as bad as the Reds
Where? I own the movie, and they never showed any whites. He was abducted by Reds ya dingus.

It was an excellent film, not an awful documentary.

that's not Zulu

or this

They're more civilized, but ultimately mask their inner niggerdom beneath a veneer of silk shirts and golden curtains. They take as little shame in ripping off non-Persians as Jews do the goyim. Also, their women tend to have this weird little patch of hair on their lower back.

Some northern tribes still name their kids Lawrence.

Wow. Is this because of legit history? Or was it popularized after the movie?

Good shit. I should hate him for being a paedophile, though, but then again, it's not like he was alone in Arabia :^)

A wonderful film with probably the best cinematography ever. A landmark in the history of cinema. Personally one of my favorite shots is the charge and mass horse ride into the Turkish garrison. Followed by the ocean scene where Ali gifts Lawrence the flowers.

Also did a good job of showing the contrast between the Arab world and the modern. And how ultimately pointless it is to try and adapt them to it.

Actually it's whole point was that multiculturalism DOESN'T work and seems to favor nationalism for both sides.

>Actually it's whole point was that multiculturalism DOESN'T work and seems to favor nationalism for both sides.
Yeah. I was surprised that THAT was part of the lesson to the story. Real or fake, not common in blockbusters.

Well it was also made in a much different time.

Another seemingly unique aspect of the film is that it portrays neither side (Arab and modern world) as superior. Rather, it depicts both sides as having qualities and flaws, and that it is better if both remained in their own ways rather than trying to be multicultural, as shown by the Arabs near the end trying to engage in modern politics.

Unrealistic. Major Lawrence had 3 burqa comfort wives during his campaign who he fucked through a hole in a bedsheet in a tent.

David Lean just fucking didn't include this little fact.

Too long

Holy shit, whata ya know.