Why does South Korea a faster internet connection than United States?

Why does South Korea a faster internet connection than United States?

Other urls found in this thread:

investmentwatchblog.com/the-us-government-gave-telecom-companies-200-billion-to-develop-a-fiber-broadband-infrastructure-in-the-90s-the-telecoms-took-the-money-and-didnt-do-shit/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

smaller country easier to connect, also this isn't politics so sage

Most of the world has faster internet than the US

I don't know

Because the US is still using cable / copper. Where the rest of the world is using fiber optic cable, fucking US is shit.

Muh Net Jew-trality keeps us down.

>tfw 100mbps internet

Suck it.

How much are you paying? Mines 98$ loonies a month for 150

$65 USD

Isn't internet in Canada really expensive though?

because last mile is fucking expensive and multi-acre properties aren't a typical korean asset

Yeah normally my bill would of been 150$ but the gave me a loyalty promotion if i signed on for another 2 years so 52$ a month savings is pretty good

> smaller country easier to connect, also this isn't politics so sage
Explain then why Russia has better Internet.

>an entire country smaller than a single medium sized US state
>that only built most of it's communications infrastructure recently
>can put together decent internet

GEE, I WONDER

Because the telecom industry was give $200 billion of your tax money to make the US internet that great. But they took the money and did nothing.

investmentwatchblog.com/the-us-government-gave-telecom-companies-200-billion-to-develop-a-fiber-broadband-infrastructure-in-the-90s-the-telecoms-took-the-money-and-didnt-do-shit/

I just googled and it says on their website that I can pay $20 for the same speed. Looks like someone is getting a call tomorrow...

$20 less*

>what is population density

There's more profit in colluding with other carriers, controlling the FCC and doling it out by the kilobit.

jews

It's easier to lay fibre optics over a place smaller than the state of Texas than it is to lay fibre optics over the entirety of a continent

Actually, the correct answer is because back when the internet was still new, the South Korean president (whose daughter was recently impeached) had the good foresight to see that the internet would be important in the future and therefore invested in building infrustructure for it early.
The Gooks have the best internet in the world because they invested early.

She probably got advice from the witches.

>Why does South Korea a faster internet connection than United States?
back to school, fucker

U.K is a cheap island

$70 a month for 400