The latest installment of the best-selling video game franchise “Call of Duty” will depict the Holocaust

>The latest installment of the best-selling video game franchise “Call of Duty” will depict the Holocaust.

>“We didn’t want to shy away from history. We wanted to be very respectful of it,” the game’s senior creative director, Bret Robbins, said in an interview with Mashable last week. “Some very, very dark things happened during this conflict and it felt wrong for us to ignore that.”

>In “Call of Duty: WWII,” which will be released in November, the player controls an American soldier fighting in the European theater. In addition to shooting Nazi soldiers, players will also be exposed to racism towards Jews and African-Americans within their platoon. Robbins alluded to an episode of the miniseries “Band of Brothers” where American soldiers discovered a concentration camp.

>“We absolutely show atrocities,” Robbins said. “It’s an unfortunate part of the history, but…you can’t tell an authentic, truthful story without going there. So we went there.”

>Robbins argued that audiences can now handle games with more maturity and nuance: “People are ready for it. They want it,” he said.

>“Call of Duty: WWII” will also feature a mode that turns the Nazi soldiers into zombies.

forward.com/fast-forward/370790/new-world-war-ii-call-of-duty-video-game-will-depict-the-holocaust/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Wirz
gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-ww2-has-female-soldiers-in-multiplaye/1100-6449704/
youtube.com/watch?v=63DORtkeIjQ
youtu.be/ldNSMnEeKio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaker_Morant
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Legion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostlegionen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/709th_Static_Infantry_Division_(Wehrmacht)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/243rd_Static_Infantry_Division_(Wehrmacht)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>“Call of Duty: WWII” will also feature a mode that turns the Nazi soldiers into zombies.
I'm guessing this can't be turned off in Germany.

the game will feature ZERO nazis at all in Germany

they will remove every swastika etc lol

>/pol complains they gassed too many Jews in the game and it's historically inaccurate.

This is game sounds great tho. Nazi zombies was always telling best part of the series.

the game in germany will only have zombies.

So what will this game do that World at War didn't already do?

>Press F to win the game

More France, less Eastern and Pacific Fronts. But make no mistake, it's still the USA that does all the work and wins the war.
Only thanks to the help of the jews and niggers of course :^)

If they can be shot and killed, people are going to do stuff like No Russian

Sounds like there's going to be some game footage of Jews being holocausted.

Lol kids are gonna be tea bagging the survivors and such.

>press F to enter oven

>a mode that turns the Nazi soldiers into zombies
How original!

What are the chances the game ends up being redpilled and showing concentration camps as nothing but labor camps?

Depends on what you mean by that. I think all you get is a cutscene where you see a large pile of bodies and some terrified jewish soldier cries and presses F.

its the story of how a brave female soldier stopped the nazis from making it 7 gorillion

>Robbins argued that audiences can now handle games with more maturity and nuance

So show me the fucking Generation War / Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter segment of the game.
Then I'll believe that you actually want to depict the nuance of history.

It will be like every pre-CoD4 Call of Duty ever but with bucketfuls of historical revisionism

>literally happened over 50 years ago
>statistically half the people with firsthand knowledge are dead
why do you still do this?

>Robbins argued that audiences can now handle games with more maturity and nuance: “People are ready for it. They want it,” he said.

Play Day of Infamy instead. It's cheaper, more fun, and fuck call of duty after MW1

they better fucking have gore in this one
WaW was amazing at depicting WW2

So there will be a mini-game where you have to micro-manage the railroad schedule so that Auschwitz is constantly supplied?
I wanna play as a tail gunner on the Enola Gay. They had a mission on the old one's where you would dart about a plane trying to counter fighter attacks,was pretty cool mission.

SHOOTING NIPS AS A MURHEEN DLC WHEN

>micro-manage the railroad schedule so that Auschwitz is constantly supplied
fuck i laughed

Not supporting the filthy Jew anymore. No buy.

>complaining about fantasy stuff in a videogame

I want a no bars held back grueling war experience.

I want to see young American men from the heartland ripped in half and dismembered by high explosives and mg42 fire, screaming for their mothers.

I want to see Americans executing German POWs on mass.

I want to see soviet penal conscripts swamping machine gun nests armed with nothing more than handgrenades, entrenching tools and rocks.

I want to see Tank crews burning alive due to an ammunition cookoff in their vehicle, or sherman crocodiles firing napalm into emplacements of german foreign conscripts, screaming for their lives as flames consume them.

I want to see starving citizens running for terror from approaching armies, beating and trampling each other for food and other necessities.

I want to see child soldiers running for their lives from adults armed to the teeth and prepared to kill them.

I want to see wanton rapes and sexual assaults in all their glory.

I want to see WAR, and I want to dispel any notion that its a noble pursuit in the slightest and that somehow we should do it again.

>In addition to shooting Nazi soldiers, players will also be exposed to racism towards Jews and African-Americans within their platoon.
this doesn't actually happen, right? when you're relying on these guys to save your life you're not going to be calling them kikes and niggers

why you ask?
BECAUSE OF YOUR FUCKING POLICIES YOU FUCKING JEWCOCKSUCKER

oy vey

Good post. Never gonna happen though.

>Thrusting the kike in your squad
With Jews you lose user.

Because the jew fears the german. also lurk moar you dumb cunt.

I hate kikes as much as I hate niggers
and censoring things because >muh nazi's is stupid

>In addition to shooting Nazi soldiers, players will also be exposed to racism towards Jews and African-Americans within their platoon.

The US military was segregated, how the fuck will there be blacks in your Platoon. Historical my ass.

>jews and shabbos goys telling historical truths
you almost had me for a second.

I think the racism was more towards making sure they go first in everything and hoping they die first.

>OY VEY, WE WOULDN'T WANT THOSE FILTHY GOYS TO FORGET THE HOLOCAUST NOW WOULD WE

The irony of it though, is that in another 100 years not a single person will give a shit anymore about the holocaust

Can the game be played as a Nazi? Can I bomb the shit out of America? If not then gtfo

>Robbins alluded to an episode of the miniseries “Band of Brothers” where American soldiers discovered a concentration camp

That was also the most ham-fisted moment in an otherwise great series, what a shame.

Call of Duty is failing anyway, isn't it?

I wonder if we get to drop the nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Yeah, it really was a shame. The whole "we went to war to fight against those evil jew killers" is complete garbage

The foundation of their franchise is just being a shooting game in a market where most shooting games nowadays also have shit like huge levels and vehicles, so ye - i don't think just doing a shooting game is going to exessively well for them unless they put vehicles in it and one-up niggerfield.

Hopefully it's a management sim where you play Rudolf Hoss and you have to run Auschwitz efficiently enough to gas all the jews before the inspector arrives from Berlin.

Some platoons were mixed, they were just given manual labor jobs and told to eat separately.

The US army was segregated until the late 40s, so idk why they'd have black soldiers in a platoon of white soldiers in WWII.

>US soldiers depicted as being shocked to learn about concentration camps when they find them at the end of the war
>hmm this must be propaganda saying this is why we got into WW2

Do we get to gas Jews?

When can we get a fucking good game about 'Nam war.

>mfw I want to sit in a Huey looking out over the paddey field as gunner while listening to Fortunate Son and killing gooks with the M-60 from above.

there is indeed a laser gun in waw look it up

try black ops 1, the last good cod game

>>hmm this must be propaganda saying this is why we got into WW2

No you got it backwards. It's post-hoc justification for the cost of the war and what they did to Germany afterwards.

You have to remember that "war crimes" didn't exist before Nuremberg. You also have to realize influential jews at the time laid the foundation for the state of Israel on the same argumentation by which the allies formed the post-war narrative.

This isn't even a conspiracy, this is history. You can read for yourself Churchill thinking about this, or from the participants at the trials. Fundamentally the reason the captured nazis were (mostly) so belligerent and unrepentant, questioning the trials themselves, is because the crimes and the trials were just made up on the spot. You can also read about when the prosecution got a helping hand in the form of Speer, who the allies turned into "the good nazi", allowing him to escape punishment despite being a crucial architect for the third reich - and as a logistics manager in effect responsible for much of the holocaust too.

But they "reformed" his image because they needed a nazi to admit to war crimes. They painted a positive portrait much like they turned Stalin from a lethal commie enemy into "Uncle Joe", the ally.

You really don't need a single step into the revisionism quagmire to be appalled and question what the allies did after the war. You're just not taught anything about it let alone to examine it critically. It's a story about how we "saved the jews" that most people believe now. Which really wipes away the vast antisemitism among the allied nations at the time.

Rising Storm 2 my friend.

>war crimes didn't exist before Nuremberg
What are Hague Conventions and customary law, among other things?

Hell, to make things more grim and less "fuck yeah!" they may show a Concentration Camp and then have you participate in gunning down the guards.

Before Nuremberg, who was prosecuted for war crimes?

>fucking Generation War / Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter

this is p good user thanks

Because Germans are prissy faggots who can't handle a swastika.

Henry Wirz from the American Civil War comes to my mind.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Wirz
Commandant of the Andersonville Prison Camp where Union prisoners were left in the open, given little food, and shot if they crossed a line. Tried and executed for war crimes.

well that wouldn't be inaccurate you know

Why does it feel that everything "need" to bring it up in some way or another?

Mission with the choice of bombing German supply lines.

Yes: When you arrive at the labour camp everyone has died of famine. Soldiers have no bullets left.

No:Soldiers are fully armed. Jews still alive. Plenty of lampshades to loot.

>cod
>good game

The only good ones was CoD 1, 2 and 3.

>we want to be respectful of the holocaust
>lets put it into a CoD game lmao

ahhahaha
HAHHAHAHAHA
HAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH
AHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nar, I liked 4 cause towlies and yanks got nuked. 5 was bearable. 6 and beyond just lost me.

>Tried and executed for war crimes.

From your link:

>Wirz was charged with "combining, confederating, and conspiring, together with John H. Winder, Richard B. Winder, Joseph [Isaiah H.] White, W. S. Winder, R. R. Stevenson, and others unknown, to injure the health and destroy the lives of soldiers in the military service of the United States

>In early November 1865, the Military Commission announced that it had found Wirz guilty of conspiracy as charged, along with 11 of 13 counts of acts of personal cruelty. He was sentenced to death.

Next time when you try to google something, try reading the actual article. This is cited as an "early example of war crime" in the wikipedia article. But it's not. Just like I've been telling you the modern idea of war crime did not exist, and you're distorting history to fit your modern interpretation.

At the time this would have been closer to a gross dereliction of duty.

Again, if you go to the sources for the Nuremberg trials, if you read about Speer, if you read about the trial, you'll understand that the people who were involved realized this was uncharted ground. While Hague had established some legal groundwork, all major parties in WWI had broken those conventions and nobody had really been held up to the standard of a war crime.

You actually have to crack open a book to read about this however, so instead of trying to google your next retort maybe you should consider what I'm telling you and check out the library instead.

Churchill has great memoirs, there are multiple books on Nuremberg, Gitta Sereny has key books and interviews with Speer.

> Will have female characters in multiplayer

gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-ww2-has-female-soldiers-in-multiplaye/1100-6449704/

Well let me save you the next attempt at bullshit by just quoting the relevant passage from the next thing some idiot will quote:

>During the First World War the Allied leaders came up with a new concept, that once victory was achieved, defeated enemy leaders should face criminal charges for international law violations made during the war.
>On 3 February 1920, the Allies submitted a further list of 900 names of individuals accused of committing alleged war crimes to the German government.
>in May 1920 they handed the German government a reduced list of 45 accused persons.
> In the end only twelve individuals were brought to trial.

And they were either found not guilty or given slight prison sentences.

12 people after WWI. And even then people grumbled because the allies had also committed the same types of war crimes.

Again, before Nuremberg there had never been war crimes as we understand the concept today. And even during Nuremberg there was real discussion by the prosecution how far they wanted to go, because they did not believe they could make the charges stick.

Consider, for instance, that of all the people they wanted to convict for war crimes through propaganda, the only one they got was Streicher, the editor of the Der Stürmer. And then only because he was so fucking unrepentant and stupid, he admitted outright to what the others had the sense to lie about. He went on tirades about his hate of the jews on the stand.

This is all interesting stuff you should be seeing discussions about in history forums, but you never do. The mind virus of the post war narrative is too strong. People don't like the idea that the moral truths they've been told about the war weren't established then.

They will do a call back to the Airport mission and let you lead them to the oven. With the option to kill or to just tag along.

You fellas realize this is just about drumming up 'controversy' to advertise the game even more, right?

Good work goyim, keep it up!

>Thrusting the kike in your squad
faggot

and nobody will mention other nation that were almost wipe out because hitler and stalin killed only jews, got it

Will I be able to play as a 20-something year old American soldier who takes advantage of an emotionally traumatized Jewish teenager whose entire family is dead and still be considered the good guy despite molesting and impregnating her?

Go play Spec Ops: The Line if you want that

Clearly, you've never watched Generation Kill

youtube.com/watch?v=63DORtkeIjQ

Press N to call him a Nigger

>not knowing Jews had the highest number of awards for bravery accrued only rivaled by Japanese Americans during WW2

Stinking foreigner

Not even spec ops goes that far. In the end spec ops is just fiction though so you can't blame it. A realistic story driven ww2 game needs to happen though, something with the grittiness of Red Orchestra 2 with a story like Generation War would be perfect.

youtu.be/ldNSMnEeKio

Not sure if court-martials count (since it's an internal disciplinary matter as opposed to trial by the opposite/third party) but a few Brits were executed during the Boer War for excessive cruelty toward Dutch settlers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaker_Morant

I expect at least half of the 6 million to be a racial minority that is not Jewish. Like how 1/4 of soldiers in Battlefield 1 were black.

Probably Paki and or Indian did British use their African troops in ww2?

If American soldiers had fought in Poland during WW2, the subjugation of the Poles would get far more attention. But unfortunately, we were stuck just trying to fight our way through France and the Low Countries on the other side of the continent and had to leave you to the mercy of the Soviets.

Geography can be a bitch sometimes.

Breaker Morant did nothing wrong. The bongs just wanted a scapegoat to throw to the wolves for muh PR.
F

Britain was like 1970's USA racist towards its blacks at that time so they weren't really hated on too hard.

I don't think there would be any pakis or indians in Europe since they came to the UK after the war.

But hey any semblance of historical accuracy didn't stop them from making 1/4 of all soldiers black in a World War 1 game so most likely Churchill will be a fucking Arab or something.

Wish we could play as a concentration camp guard incharge of the gassings.

Or just a Nazi during one of Adolf's iconic speeches.

The poos fought with the Axis armies.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Legion

During the fury of combat, soldiers from various units often become inter-mingled and be forced to operate as a single group. So in essence, a de facto form of racial integration would sometimes occur when black soldiers would be temporarily folded into an all-white unit or vice versa for the duration of a mission.

Also, the US Navy had operated with semi-racially integrated crews since the Civil War (the ironclad USS Monitor had two black crewmen), albeit with black sailors relegated to support roles such as cooks and stewards so the concept was not entirely alien.

Honestly i wouldn't mind doing them doing this if they also did campaigns from the perspective on a German soldier as well, these days its so much about all them being "ebil nazis" when they should show that the people fighting had just as many reasons to fight as the allies.

Imagine for a moment, playing a campaign as a German infantryman who fought through the Eastern front and then after a long service you and your division are moved to the Western front defense and you get to play the inevitable defeat at Normandy where you watch your friends die and then you are killed in action, the American who shoots you is who you take perspective of from then on out and he will forever be ignorant to the personal battles and his battle to handle the loss of friends the German soldier he killed experienced.

When they try to say it is bad and makes nazis look good just say that its historical that not all of the Germans fighting were these "ebil nazis" they always paint it to be.

rate my idea Sup Forums

I'm pretty sure that can be said of most court martials. Higher-ups pinning the blame on subordinates for their own negligence/turning a blind eye.

40 thousand. seems rather low

Uhh excuse me you racist holocaust denying bigot? The real holocaust number is 11 million, 6 million jews 5 million poles, get your facts straight you fucking nazi.

Pining a medal upon yourself for bravely isn't brave dude, Kind of how African warlords like to pin medals all over their uniforms to look more important or stalwart than they actually are.

0/10 for introducing that poison here.

Your Idea is shit. We should have a British Aerial Campaign bombing cities in retaliation for the bombing of Britain and the last mission should be Dresden

Anyone have the copypasta talking about how cool a WW2 game where you play the Germans would be, then at the end, instead of walking the dinosaur, you were a German in the WaW campaign all along.

I actually kind of that like that idea, user, it shows the eternal connection you can have with somebody who you've killed, without ever knowing it.

Seeing a war come full circle in a sense, but on a personal level.

>tfw auschwitz multiplayer map

So when will i get a AAA fps where į can play as a german nazi and not plot against Hitler?

Why are they feeding her a hot dog?

Also 9/10 idea, the only thing missing is the fact a lot of the Axis soldiers defending the beaches of Normandy were not even German, but foreign born, usually Soviets recruited from POW camps as an alternative to starving to death.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostlegionen

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/709th_Static_Infantry_Division_(Wehrmacht)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/243rd_Static_Infantry_Division_(Wehrmacht)

My idea should work, i meant to include that it would show allied and axis atrocities and end the game with that quote from an American officer where he says "Had the Germans won i would have been tried at Nuremberg"

I want the people to walk away understanding that there was no true villain in the war.