Texas becomes the 11th state to call for a constitutional convention

Texas becomes the 11th state to call for a constitutional convention

Pol, this is literally the only hope for America. Please meme this into reality. We have 11 states, we need 34

conventionofstates.com/solution

Other urls found in this thread:

cosaction.com/strategy
inthesetimes.com/article/18940/alec-balanced-budget-corporate-constitutional-convention
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The Republican-controlled Texas Legislature passed a Convention of States Resolution, becoming the eleventh. Article V of the U.S. Constitution allows for a Convention of States to restrict the power of the federal government.

>Texas State Representative Rick Miller (R-Sugar Land), one of the authors of the measure, told Breitbart Texas there were 12 other states in the country waiting to see what Texas was going to do. He says North Carolina is poised to be the next state to pass a resolution.

>Texas Governor Greg Abbott tweeted after the House vote, “BOOM. Texas has now passed a Convention of States Resolution. Thank you Texas House for today’s vote. @COSProject #txlege”

So what's the deal here? What specific changes are they planning to propose? What's their end game? Do they think they can just shout "make it better" and that will work?

The Founders knew the federal government might one day become drunk with the abuses of power. The most important check to this power is Article V. Article V gives states the power to call a convention for the purpose of proposing amendments to the Constitution.

By calling a convention of the states, we can stop the federal spending and debt spree, the power grabs of the federal courts, and other misuses of federal power. The current situation is precisely what the Founders feared, and they gave us a solution we have a duty to use.

After the states propose, debate, and vote upon the proposed amendments, they will be sent to the 50 states for ratification. Three-quarters of the states must agree for any of the proposed amendments to be ratified.

Congress has no authority to stop such a process. The Founders made sure of that.

bump

You literally just copy-pasted from the website, probably because you assumed I hadn't read your link. I read that, and I read this:
cosaction.com/strategy
I see a lot of vague bluster, and some nonsense that deliberately dodges the question I hoped it would answer. So far, it looks like exactly what I said: People trying to shout "fix it" and thinking that just because their voices were heard, things will magically be fixed.

Please do your best to convince me this isn't just a bunch of butthurt politicians playing their own version of Kony 2012.

What states have already passed a resolution? Which are most likely to?

>With 16 resolutions held over from the previous wave of conservative activism, BBATF has since passed resolutions in Alabama (2011), New Hampshire (2012), Ohio (2013), Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, Michigan, Louisiana (2014), South Dakota, North Dakota, Utah (2015) and West Virginia (2016), bringing the total to 28. This year, BBATF is targeting 13 states: Arizona, Idaho, Kentucky, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming. In six of these states Republicans control both legislative bodies and the governorship, making passage a real possibility and leaving BBATF one state shy of the magic 34.

inthesetimes.com/article/18940/alec-balanced-budget-corporate-constitutional-convention

From your link user

A balanced budget amendment
A redefinition of the General Welfare Clause (the original view was the federal government could not spend money on any topic within the jurisdiction of the states)
A redefinition of the Commerce Clause (the original view was that Congress was granted a narrow and exclusive power to regulate shipments across state lines–not all the economic activity of the nation)
A prohibition of using international treaties and law to govern the domestic law of the United States
A limitation on using Executive Orders and federal regulations to enact laws (since Congress is supposed to be the exclusive agency to enact laws)
Imposing term limits on Congress and the Supreme Court
Placing an upper limit on federal taxation
Requiring the sunset of all existing federal taxes and a super-majority vote to replace them with new, fairer taxes

Also from my link:
>Of course, these are merely examples of what would be up for discussion.
You've successfully convinced me you have no idea what's going on. I will smile when your thread dies.

This will allow states to take back power from centralized government as the founders intended

Democracy is degenerate and what led is to this problem in the first place, absolute federal power is key to regaining our former glory. Deus Vult.

Reigning in power from the federal government is the purpose, which I support. There will be proposals from each state. I don't know what those proposals will be

>A balanced budget amendment
Only the gold standard could destroy our economy faster

>A prohibition of using international treaties and law to govern the domestic law of the United States
Enjoy never having another international treaty

>A limitation on using Executive Orders and federal regulations to enact laws (since Congress is supposed to be the exclusive agency to enact laws)
You want to hand over excecutive power to congress? That congress? The one with 8% approval rating and never passes any laws ever? Genius.

>Imposing term limits on Congress
This is actually a fantastic idea and I am 100% aboard

>and the Supreme Court
No, the Supreme Court has life appointments so it can remain stable, little-c-conservative and act as a moderating force

>Placing an upper limit on federal taxation
Let's just kill our revenue and give it all to the rich, that won't hurt our deficit

>Requiring the sunset of all existing federal taxes and a super-majority vote to replace them with new, fairer taxes
See above

>power
You like this word because it comforts you. It's a blanket you cling to when you feel afraid of the dark, but you have no idea what it describes. It could be literally anything from "Congress puts 50 USB chargers in the mail every year" to "the federal government is totally disbanded apart from an ineffectual figurehead, and the states become sufficiently autonomous to go to war with each other."

What do the state governments want to do that they can't? Why can't they do it? You don't seem to be giving critical thought to these questions. I don't think you ever have. I don't think it's occurred to you how much the states rely on each other for support, or how exactly that support is negotiated for and distributed. You're just jumping on a bandwagon because cooperating with the people who use your favorite magic words makes you feel warm and safe like you're back in the womb, where you'd prefer to say, forever.

>he wants taxes, foreign laws being enforce in the US that weren't passed threw the American law making process, dictator tier powers for the president, and the central banking fiat currency cartel
Fuck off statist

>not being an actual fascist
enjoy hell, degenerate

>muh master race need to be nurtured and cared for by the goverment
Fuck off

Lolbertarianism is retarded that's why I'm a friendly Nazi.

Individual freedoms and '''''''''''democracy''''''''' are what made us weak in the first place. If the government doesn't shove a rifle or a shovel in every mans hand they will end up watching MLP and jacking off all day like the degenerates they are.

>because shirking personal responsibility is such a manly thing to do.
But please keep telling us how strong NAZI men are when they hand over most of their personal decision making over to the the state.

I'm not sure what you want, you asked for specifics and got them. Are you looking for a fully fleshed-out plan already?

Just kys