Help me Sup Forums: Paganism Vs Christianity?

TL;DR: I'm a lost lamb. Which is better, Paganism or Christianity, and why?

I've always been agnostic throughout most of my life, and I'm ready to make my way down a better path. Atheism doesn't appeal to me, and I'd want something European (Preferably with history in the UK, I'm nationalistic like that).

Paganism seems so strong, and completely European, with a harsh and history that is easy to appreciate.

Christianity has incredible literature, and has an equally stunning history, plus it seems as though the morality has its head straight.

So Sup Forums, I'm a man with a need for belief. So my question is, out of Christianity and Paganism, which one would you recommend I approach and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Poetic-Edda-Stories-Hackett-Classics/dp/1624663567
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cú_Chulainn
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo
youtu.be/Mwxga8udIio
bible.ca/cath-overview-false-teaching.htm
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-don-t-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

True Catholicism
www.ourladyisgod.com

Pagans are autistic. "Paganism" was an amalgamation of shamanistic beliefs particular to each tribe. They're reconstructing a "religion" that has been dead for over 1000 years and was never a cohesive thing to begin with anyway. Stupid.

Gnosticism. Anything else will turn you into a Jewish slave.

Besides Hinduism, that only happens two or three times a mythology branch.

Just did a bit of light reading, from what I gather Gnosticism was started by Jewish-blooded Christians?
You sure you want to advocate for that way?

Christcucktianity literally raped, burned, and murdered your ancestors in the name if conversion and forced you and the rest if Europe under it's boot for 1500 years
ANYTHING is better than being a Christian
Following the old ways us commendable si xe it will teach you good things and show you how to love the land again
>Inb4 christcucks try and justify following a dogmatic sandkike religion meant to neuter and control the white man

That website is insane.
I don't think I'm ready for what ever conspiracy-based redpills that place has to offer. Catholicism would seem interesting, but people saying they've saved the world in 2009 from a group which has its own existence questioned. 2manyPills.

Not sure if bait

Paganism today is just reconstructed rituals from Christian sources, for example: how can you pray to the God of Wind, when you know or should know that wind is basically pressure differentials of air on a macro scale.

Christians however has a very scientific justification on their faith.

>in b4 muh sola scriputra american evangelicals

What I can recommend is that you read C.S Lewis and whatever pagan apologectis you can find, and make your own mind up.

Personally, I'm Catholic. Baptised protestant, Was pagan from 18-25, fedoratehist from 25-33 when I started researching and contemplating the existence of God. 34 years old I gave myself over to the triune God since the breadcrumbs adds up.

>Christians however has a very scientific justification on their faith.

Any particular path you'd recommend?

My first instinct would be Nordic/Germanic Paganism, based around that Pantheon. I'm European, but haven't got much Nordic in me, so I'm not sure about getting into a religion where most would question my place.

Unless there is another path you'd suggest?

>has been dead for over 1000 years
>That means it's not worth caring about
I see christcucks do well to only want to preserve their history and not others that matter much more
All abrahemic religions and offshoots of them were started by kikes because they are kike religions

"paganism" is just a word to describe a bunch of shit jews keep secret

it isn't really about them saving the world in 2009 but more about reviving the Catholic religion from jewish subversion for over 1700 years

Unfortunately not bait.
I've been reading for the past year attempting to find some sort of indication as to where the best path is. I'm asking in the hopes that something might actually come of this.

C.S Lewis, I'll keep that in mind, regardless of what happens. Its important to question beliefs, even if they're rock-solid.

>Believing in a religion just to believe in one

It's like you want to be a jewish puppet.

I'll check out the site again, see if anything comes up. I saw Illuminati and assumed conspiracy.

Catholicism does look interesting. I'm not looking for a solid answer really, just a consensus on which way to pursue. Every man has only a limited time, I'd prefer not to keep scrambling around looking for signs in reading.

I'm thinking of becoming catholic through a conservative anglican use parish. They have a nice liturgy and all the women wear veils and everyone wears their sunday best.

The Nordic religion would probably be the best since it's one if the most researched and therefore the one you'll not have problems finding sources for.
There are some based druid religions but the people you can talk to about them are a little fucked in the head.
Besides, the Norse traditions are also very accepting and it's hardly an issue that you lack any blood ties to it.
I would recommend you getting this book to help you understand the whole thing a bit more. amazon.com/Poetic-Edda-Stories-Hackett-Classics/dp/1624663567

Carve your own spiritual path, read everything you can, question everything.

Organized religion is for cattle.

Takskraperene i pinsemenighetene er ikke representative for kristendommen.

Scientific in terms of discussion, analysis, hypothesis and philosophy.

To even being describe the triune God, the Church had to go to the Greeks to find the keys needed.

My parish priest tells me that one of the most important things is ruminatio, to think it over.

As more about the universe is uncovered, more and more breadcrumbs point to a creator.

Well its more about getting a sense of a path, and the tradition.
I'm not going to jump into something without knowing all I can about it, and who pulls the strings, holds the gold so to speak.
But this is a question worth asking, for sure.

I wouldn't ask if I wasn't torn.

Read notes from the underground. Realize you don't have to decide at any particular moment. Live an authentic life. Then you can later label yourself whatever you wish.
“Christianity split the Germanic barbarian into an upper and a lower half, and enabled him, by repressing the dark side, to domesticate the brighter half and fit it for civilization. But the lower, darker half still awaits redemption and a second spell of domestication. Until then, it will remain associated with the vestiges of the prehistoric age, with the collective unconscious, which is subject to a peculiar and ever-increasing activation. As the Christian view of the world loses its authority, the more menacingly will the “blond beast” be heard prowling about in its underground prison, ready at any moment to burst out with devastating consequences. When this happens in the individual it brings about a psychological revolution, but it can also take a social form." - Carl Gustav Jung

This painting was made in 1889, the year Adolf Hitler was born
>pic

Christianity IS a unified form of peganis, One and the same thing.

Actually it's a word the christcucks invented to dehumanize and talk down upon any religion that didn't follow a magical jew
Kind of like the Athenians and "true Greeks"

paganism in 2017 as a religion is a fucking joke
if you want some guiding principles but don't want to give your butthole to the sky daddy, just read some philosophy and outline a code of ethics, put a nice figurehead at the center and bish bash bosh bob's your uncle there's your religion

When deciding for or against Christianity, try reading part of the Bible yourself & make up your own mind. (The New Testament is good). Ask whatever the higher power is that exists to give you guidance/a sign to show if it's real

The homosexual subtext in Vikings was the only good thing about that show. Athelstan was so dreamy in season one, and you're actually a faggot if you disagree

Christianity:
1.Defeated Pagans
2.Defeated Islam
3.Conquered whole world
Paganism:
???

Asatru is a joke. All we know about the religion was written by christian monks from iceland hundreds of years after all the pagans were gone.

I'll check out the book.

I can just see myself turning up to an event with my brown eyes and being all like "Hello fellow Nords". Maybe I just have been listening to the wrong people about it. A religion so deep as the Nordic one tends to get very 'Blood, folk, and soil' about their culture. I'd be happy to check it out, but I'm skeptical about the community to say the least.

Wrong
The maker(if it even truly existed) has not been a thing for eons now
Was there one? It's a good possibility, but our universe is not the first nor anywhere near it but there was likely a catalyst to start it all

This and Snorre Storlason, a norwegian catholic.

since I have denied Christ my life has gotten better.
It doesn't matter which "Christian" you are. They all wish they were Jewish. The whole Sumerian religions have to go. It's almost since I burned the Bible my senses were heightened and I felt the psychic nature of ...this world

Christianity, then.

That is an insanely gorgeous piece of art, wherever it came from.

Carl Yung, I've only studied his archetypal work. Guess there is more to be desired there.

Nah they're not like that, and if they are they're not people you want to associate with. People who truly care and want to follow it are some of the kindest people you will ever meet

Do your research and see what "pulls" you. A lot of the Nordic pagan groups are welcoming but some are rampant with xenophobia. There is other faiths too like druidism and rodnovery.

Christianity the same way. Do your research and see which one you like. I personally liked Catholicism with their history, art, and architecture. But I didn't care for evangelical church that hold their service in a highschool gym. Kind weird imho..

>Paganism:
???
conquered Christianity:
Christmas=pagan
Easter=pagan
Morality=pagan
Mary=semiramis=moon
Jesus=tammuz=reincarnation of the father figure=sun

I've read excerpts from the old and new, but never followed through on a story.
There was also that series that was on Netflix a while back, can't say that up to what I pictured in my head reading the books.

Fair advice though, I do own a bible around my house somewhere.

WE WUZ VIKINGS AND SHIT.

Paganism is shit tier.

Catholic all the way.

Believe what you will.

But eons for us in this universe, is but mere moments for the Creator who is outside the effects of spacetime.

I'm on a journey of wondering.

I can imagine that being the case.
You have to take into consideration though, that when your only experience of a religion is a collection of old texts, a TV show and Varg, things can look a little skewed.

I'll take you on your word, it is certainly some of the most interesting mythos.

ITT edgelord faggot op and idiots taking him seriously

>Defeated Pagans
Literally murdered anyone that wouldn't convert
That isn't winning that's being too shit to win so you just kill everything that doesn't bow
>Defeated Islam
So what is invading your continent?
Fucking slavshit

>This and Snorre Storlason, a norwegian catholic
>Snorre
Wrong.
>Storlason
Wrong.
>norwegian
Wrong.

Gregorian music is so relaxing. I really understand what you mean there.

I'll continue researching, I've just been doing a lot of reading over the past years and not a lot of practicing and actual conversation. So I turned to here.

Try Irish Catholicism OP, it has the best of both worlds traditionally.

Read Mere Christianity by CS Lewis.

On a somewhat related note, if you think scientific method was possible to invent in a pagan world, you need to reexamine your conclusions. Only if there is one God, there can be one Logos, one Truth. Everything developed in the last 1000 years is the result of Catholic synergy of old Judaism, Greek philosophy and western European reverence of nature (now seen as God's manifestation of tangible Beauty). If we suppose a Pagan civilization is to emerge in 500 years, starting with you, this understanding would be lost. And I don't like the prospect of that.

God-tier meme for a God-tier God I guess.

Constructive and important advice from Poland, as always.

I fancy Cu Chulainn story. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cú_Chulainn

If you seek more " evoled " stuff check around GrecoRoman stuff : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo

Nigger stop trying to think of it in such an arbatrary and narcissistic spectrum
The original universe had a beginning
That beginning could be called the maker
It most likely existed just because and ceased to exist in order to create the first universe, stop being a kike
I don't know about in Scandinavia and Germany but here in the US (and from what I've heard Canada) they are all kind people who just want you to be good to your own and practice the lessons with understanding and temperament worthy of what christcucks call virtue. Think a Ren fair but less about playing dress up and more about people wanting to connect to the past and enjoy it with people

Also consider tradition.

ok so first and foremost, there is no such thing as paganism and only idiots use that term.
Paganism literally means everything that isn't Christian. There is no such thing as a pagan religion, contrary to what stupid illiterate fat girls believe.
As a bong you could go the Celtic/druidic way. There are some people up in Scotland and ireland that still keep the old rites, and I mean worshipping Thorn/Cernunnos. Again, not talking about wicca and other made up crap.

You could look into the Norse/Germanic path- again, you can find more info.

You can go into the Slavic stuff- only you're not a snow nigger.

All of the above plus judaism and islam and buddhism and shintoism and such are pagan religions.
Don't be a fucking hipster.

read the hermetica, read the bible, see which appeals more.

Ireland is a gorgeous country, not sure how they'd react to some britfolk like me appropriating their beliefs. Its like marmite, some Irish love the Brits, others hate them with a burning passion.

>You can go into the Slavic stuff
No, you can't. We've got some very detailed reconstrucitons of old Slavic beliefs that were never translated into English. So, I can't even source you everything. But what I can tell you is that old Slavic religions are so long gone that any idea of "reconstructing" these beliefs and them being legitimate is laughable. I'm not saying this as a gloating Catholic, but as someone who really researched into this possibility.
And if we're talking Illyrian religion - we barely know animals they revered.

>Paganism seems so strong

on surface

Split the difference and become Catholic

From a logical point.

Paganism is a broad term, there were many different types with their own beliefs and rituals. Many of which is extremely hard to research and find, or is just lost to the ages.

Paganism is your true 'religion' as an anglo though.

Catholicism or Christianity is much more organized, is easier to get into and learn. Its history and reformation has made it palatable for many people.

However it is a foreign religion that came from foreign people other than your ancestors.

Unfriendly reminder that Catholicism isn't Christianity.

The white man is his own god.

Odin was a decent god but he isn't the father of the gods Tyr is, never forget that
A couple hundred years into the Norse religions and it somehow got twisted that Odin became the centerpiece of the pantheon and was forgotten completely that Tyr was the father and leader of the gods but after he lost his hand he gave the mantle to Odin and took up more nuanced spot as the god of war, law, and heroism

Orgasm is the point where the nameless creator is.

>Cu Chulainn
Do I have a song for you
youtu.be/Mwxga8udIio

t. butthurt lutheran

If calling Catholicism pagan is what you want to do, then I wholeheartedly support OP becoming pagan.

>got twisted that Odin became the centerpiece
Because European paganism used to be a decentralized collection of stories anyone twisted in any way they wanted. No wonder it's only protestant countries who rejected One True Church and now reject their "new improved protestant church" for paganism again.
wew lads

It's literally the original strain of it so you're wrong
t. cuck

You shouldn't pick a religion because it fits your political narrative. You should pick one because you have an emptiness that needs to be satisfied.
The only way to eternal life is through Christ, and I'm sure you'll find Him to remove every bit of emptiness from your life. Choose wisely.

If I got baptized and confirmed Catholic, but think Francis is a bit of a fag, would I still be Catholic?

Even Benedict can't stand the guy.

It's debatable whether Snorri was a Christian or not. Iceland converted mainly for economic reasons.

paganism. christcucks are all good goys when you get down to it. they'll blabber on and on about why their form of jewry is based but basically they're all faggots. if we were pagan we'd be slaughtering islam right and left and driving the hebes out.

Honestly, Benedict was fine. I hate Francis completely. In fact, there's an ultra conservative group that claims Benedict is still the pope and Francis is a pretender. The jury is still out on this one. In any case, you can dislike le argentine dictator. Just don't call for his beheading and such.

bible.ca/cath-overview-false-teaching.htm

Also, your current pope is saying that everyone is saved, atheists, homos, muslims, you name it, so they don't need to believe in Jesus. Thus condemning millions to Hell. The devil loves the RCC and its endless supply of lost souls.

user #1: "My religion is the best! Heil Christ!"
user #2: "No, mine is the true and original religion of Europe!"
Roach: "Dirka dirka Mohammad ficki ficki jihad!"

Both are here. Neither is going away.
Enough of this divide and conquer bullshit.
We both share a common goal, to KEEP ISLAM OUT OF EUROPE.

I'm not going to be converting to Goat-Fuckers™ any time soon.

This was more of a personal question, and there isn't really anywhere else you can go to get a diverse opinion. Reddit? Fuck no.
Everywhere else has a bias one way or another.

I bear witness to the fact that there is only one God, and Jesus Christ is his only born son.

You idiot, when he says there's a chance for atheist to be saved, he's saying an atheist can be saved - if he coverts before death. Same for everyone else you mentioned. You got punked by the pope senpai. He's playing liberal media like a boss.

Nordic paganism for me, and the reason is simple - I want and I need faith. Not necessarily religious faith, but something to believe in. I value the stuff that came out of my own people, and kept people going for thousands of years, higher then christianity.

Modern nordic paganism is not 100% developed at this point, but that is fine. Everything starts out new. In fact I believe that improving and developing it is rewarding in itself. Its strength doesn't really come from religious dogma anyways, but from the virtues, and of course the history, culture and traditions from where those virtues comes.

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-don-t-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html

The RCC contradicting the Bible? Wouldn't have it any other way.

Paganism won't teach you to turn your other cheek and humiliate yourself for the love of your enemies.
You won't kneel and submit yourself to any god.
You won't be mentally conditioned to believe you were born in sin to sin and beg for forgiveness for your actions.

>personal
But this is the problem, asking others opinions on it will only complicate things for you in the end.
This a decision you have to make on your own. Neither of those two are wrong. Pick the one you feel closer to.

This. Paganism is doing what your will is and not begging for help everytime you get into a hard situation.

Goodluck in your spiritual search my friend, I do hope a resurgence of Anglo-Nordic religions begins to rise again, especially with the tide of cultural nationalism on the rise.

Just stop. Clickbait titles shouldn't work on anyone on Sup Forums
>God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart
This contrition he talks about is leaving your pride behind and accepting that you were wrong. Not stop shitposting like a good goy.

True. Catholicism is the only true religion founded by God in Rome 2000 years ago. Christianity is a cucked religion based on the bible which was written by the jews when they were banished in the forest after God destroyed the temple in Jerusalem.

And you, or your Kin, would be completely fine with a European of Non-Nordic heritage being a part of that system?

Nordic Paganism is great as far as things go. I actually own a hammer of Thor, a little pendant on a chain which I bought because it looked incredible.

But I'd never committed to it, simply because of people like Varg, and the Odinists, who I seriously believe would have a problem with my brown eyes playing a part in their spiritual tapestry.

>brown eyes
For fucks sake, don't tell me that you fell for the "blond, blue eyed Aryan" meme.

>problem with my brown eyes
If you become a muslim, Varg won't have any problem with your brown eyes as he'll view you a member of noncucked religion. Not even memeing. This kind of retarded shit you'll have to suffer through in some pagan circles.

1) If you feel you need to be told what to do, and can't be bothered thinking for yourself.

Religion.

2) If you have the ability to work out problems and overcome adversity. Then you don't need religion.

I'm from an old Anglo Saxon tribe who have been farming the same land in Kelso for well over 1000 years. Religion is basically politics, and we've discussed it in that way as a family.

Nothing of value is gained from practicing religion, they just hide their inability to handle uncertainty behind feeble excuses.

Man up, and stop being a religious cuck.

You don't need a powerful deity telling you what to do, like a little bitch every time life gets 'tough'.

Paganism teaches you how to be illogical, it has gods who are literally invisible sky daddies who demand human sacrifice.

Your pagan gods aren't shit. They were raped in one afternoon by "pussy" Christians. Best one was Saint Boniface cutting down the ancient Odin tree and shitting on it.

Pagans were cucked by Christians.

>paganism
You may as well go be a new age hippy faggot.

The entire world was 'pagan' which basically worships nature and is usually polytheistic. Jewism started about 4000 years ago and was the first monotheist religion. Then after that there was christianity and then islam which are both monotheist and based on the jewish God. So if it makes you feel better to worship the sun god and moon god and sacrifice your children in fire to please those Gods, then go right ahead.

Wait, its a meme?
Fuck.

Really not going to be becoming a Muslim. Besides, It is what kept me away from it. For example, I wouldn't want an Indian immigrant to say he was British. I assumed it was the same sort of approach.

I'm a christian so I'm a bit biased. If you do become a pagan, please, do not be a cringey LARPer

I am a pagan and/or atheist in blood and in mind but i like Christianity especially the Psalm 23:

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod
and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth
over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."

Its so good, it really is. If you ever want to recruit anyone for your religion Psalm 23 of Christianity is it, it is so great. Never seen any religion with so strong words ever.

Neither. You have the power within. Define what is right. However, paganism is superior mentally and spiritually, so tread in that direction. Reclaim strength in a connection to nature and family.

Abrahamic religions are for cucks.