Romania, what the fuck is this monstrosity?

Why do your politicians think it's acceptable to use planes from the late 50's in 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

digi24.ro/stiri/ministrul-apararii-a-explicat-de-ce-romania-a-cumparat-avioane-f-16-575972
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAR_80
youtu.be/uZbqkxjAK8E
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

About time we invade

because we're poor

Because they are really cheap to maintain and they have been heavily modified to carry relatively new weapons systems. They are getting to a point now though where no new avionics and weapons systems can be put on to them.

Other older jets though have been really beefed up and can still pose a major threat. Some israeli Kfirs have been sold to a south american country and have been upgraded with phased array radars and new missile systems. They can actually be a danger to more modern aircraft.

Honestly the Eurofighter is way overpriced for what you get, especially when advanced weapons systems keep getting delayed.

You don't really need the best gear when all your air force does is airspace policing. All you need is a radar, a gun and enough speed to intercept anything commercial. The shitty MiGs fit the bill perfectly.

that's only true to an extent;
they would be no match for modern aircraft regardless of refitted weaponry; they simply don't have the technology and the flight capability to maintain a war against any major power

we'd fuck bulgaria or something, but it's not like they're the threat here..
those things would buzz off the air like mosquitoes against new russian jets

Delete this.

Dude, at least they're trying. Just trying to help, they probably spent 44% of their GDP putting gas in those things.

Look at those shiftless layabout Baltic states who don't even have fighters. They just say "Help! Russia attack soon, we swear!" and we have to keep an entire squadron of fighters there for Baltic Air Policing.

>at least they're trying
we got some new f16's digi24.ro/stiri/ministrul-apararii-a-explicat-de-ce-romania-a-cumparat-avioane-f-16-575972

12 to be exact

Nice, the Viper is a good bird and you have a whole squadron of them to Moldova in check!

>Look at those shiftless layabout Baltic states who don't even have fighters

Romania has like 20 million people

Estonia has 1.3 million
Latvia has 1.9 million
Lithuania has 2.9 million

quite a difference don't you think?

>The most expensive weapon ever built
>Still doesn't work

considering what we need them for, they're more than enough..
we couldn't possibly mount up a defense against russia, so for whatever other regional interests, those 12 F16's would do great

Oh no I totally agree with you. They only chance these jets would have against modern fifth or fourth and a half generation jets would be in sheer power of numbers. The capabilities of an F22 are lightyears beyond any uprated third gen jet fighter.

Still though if pilots are trained and well practiced, and have decent weapons systems, they can pull off some amazing feats. If you have an older fighter with say the top of the line french avionics and weapons systems, you might be able to bring down a rafale or typhoon if you were lucky.

those fighters are probably intended to strafe domestic targets anyhow.

We've bought a shitload of the things m80. We're all in this shitheap together.

Our commie president flew the same planes.

Two things

- Mig-21's are really fucking fast. Mach 2 no worries

- Those LanceR variants have greatly updated avionics, nav systems etc.

Oh, it works alright!
Don't listen to propaganda :)

Laughed way to hard at this.

Look at the make up of most african air forces.

It's all ground attack and COIN

You could probably bring down quite a few combined with pertinent AA if fighting a defensive war.. i'm sure those pilots know their machines better than their wives at this point

also that particular MIG model we own is an incredibly ugly bird.

Jesus, that paint job looks like it was spray painted on by an edgy 14 year old.

Hell at least they're making them in America. Our Tigers are a complete fuck up. Our NH-90s are a complete fuck up. Our subs will be a complete fuck up.

Letting politicians choose weapons projects for votes is so fucking retarded.

S O O O O O O O

T H I C
H
I
C

Similar air capabilities to ISIS

Yeah, I was half joking when I said that.

When my paper comes of the restricted list in 2028, you'll be able read that I proposed that the U.S. should donate 12 mothballed F-18C Hornets plus 2 F-18Ds as training craft and 2 T-38s to the Baltics creating the NATO Baltic Squadron (each nation has a Flight) for their own defense missions.

Each Flight would rotate for Alert Duty once a week, with another Flight on stand by and the third down for service and crew rest/training.

at least paint the damn thing, bro..

as i said, we did get 12 f16's recently

Last time i checked, Romania wasnt 3 trillion in debt, colm.

>those things would buzz off the air like mosquitoes against new russian jets
>what are tactics
So what. Russia developed good methods for fighting against an enemy with superior aerial surveillance technology, so just take those tactics and re-apply them against the Russian. SU-30SM's advantage over legacy fighters shrinks if you can get close enough. Just navigate by GCI in terrain clutter and pop up underneath them.

This made me miss our mirages.

haha I know. strange to say though I have grown fond of the ugly russian jets. mig 21, su 17, su 25 and others have a distinct character.

still though as far as aesthetics goes, though, I would have to vote for the f-5. I have always loved that little plane.

Yeah gotta give em credit where credits do, they are at least trying to pull their own weight

>Russia developed good methods for fighting against an enemy with superior aerial surveillance technology
Yes... our great Dacias would surely perform wondrous aerial surveillance

seriously tho', the problem is not setting up a decent defense... i'm convinced that combined with AA, the "score" would be positive on our side
as bad as they are, they're not NK tier.

>implying

>Romania and India still operate Mig21s
checks out

They are "modernized".

I fucking love french jet aircraft. The french and american have always been my favorites.

They are spending all of their money on the biggest church in the world.

>I proposed that the U.S. should donate... F-18C Hornets
Why are you trying to kill off the Balts' pilots?

The Mig 21 is one of the fastest fighters ever and dirt cheap to maintain. Even Syrians can do it.

I miss the old days of avionics aesthetic-wise
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAR_80

but, I will admit - SU35 is a very sexy lady

Not gonna lie it looks pretty badass despite its age.

not like we're fighting the kikes
good.

>we couldn't possibly mount up a defense against russia
Too bad, because that's what the NATO overlords wants from you.

It'll survive an EMP I bet.

it's nice to want things lol
but objectively we both know neither us, the poles, the baltics or the turks could actually mount a defense if full scale war does start.

MAYBE the turks, but we all know nukes will be involved if it ever comes to that

sorry, i really didn't get it :)

It's probably easier and more economic for smaller states to maintain a fleet of older planes than buy a batch of modern ones. Re-training assigned pilots and ground crews, organising spare parts and armament, the costs would be immense.

We're doing that too in the West, B-52 and A-10 have been in service since what feels like forever and will continue to do so for some time.

My melanin-enriched brother. WW2-era piston engined aircraft are just beautiful

Because at the time of the paper, they were getting phased-out for the Lightning II and we were going to have a surplus (this was still when we thought the F-35s were going to roll out on time).

I did have a footnote suggesting the Vipers as an alternative since we have so many, but the air force was reluctant to sell them back then.

>My melanin-enriched brother
I'm not arabic, I'm sorry;
we eat pork here

I said you had similar capabilities to Islamic State. You said you had F-16, I showed you Jew-16s bombing Syrian government.

>implying that Israel back ISIS

Were £1.8 trillion in debt and you're $19 trillion in debt?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH

*INHALES*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH

there we go
(gotta love that moment when you feel stupid for not getting the obvious)

>When your capital is not dystopian enough, so you build another monstrosity

got some bad news for you son
youtu.be/uZbqkxjAK8E

don't be salty
go visit, it's quite nice on the inside

Nice.

Gonna fire up IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad in VR now so I can pretend to be a ww2 fighter pilot...

Have fun mate

>a picture of some landscape

Whats the point of this picture croatbro?

I'm going to get shot and set myself on fire so I can pretend to be a soviet fighter pilot from ww2.

Lmao painted the bottom blue
>>stealth aircraft

>neither us, the poles, the baltics or the turks could actually mount a defense if full scale war does start
That is obvious. And that's why deals with (((NATO))) is basically suicide. For them, we're just sacrificable pieces on the chessboard.
Do you know whta do these faggots call Eastern/Central-Europe in the West? "Bloodlands". Because they want to centralize the destruction to these territories in case of WWIII.

They have spent so much marble for that building that entire country exhausted all of its quarries.

This is honesty.

Sorry most of our support goes to Africa and Muslims.

Mexico has like 5 or 6 Northrop F-5 and that's it.

At least our migs were upgraded by (((greatest ally))) and we also have a couple F16 delivered, more on their way.

I still don't understand why we didn't pick the mig 29 sniper, instead of upgrading our mig 21s, that was one of the best mig 29 versions ever.

feeling foolish right now aren't you?
spending all that money on expensive metals and technologies when you could have just painted it blue...
stupid burgers

We also use ancient jets

[it werks]

>*INHALES*
Back to tumblr.

Are a German pilot... or a British pilot etc...
It's the best ww2 fighter sim dude

or*

(wtf)

as much as i hope to catch WW3 alive, I have the same amount of dread towards it knowing all too well i'd prolly get stuck on the front line dying in the first three weeks if i'm lucky...

it's inevitable, the timing of it is the only question
eah... it's fine - things are better now than in the 90's that's for sure

>2017
>having social media

u dun goofed

That is too cool looking. I've always been fond of Croatia since I was a wee laddie. The '98 World Cup was one of the greatest moments in sports history.

AESTHETIC
E
T
H
T
I
C

whos that?

Your Miss Universe Contestant this year.

so commies voted out an african, i never saw a african female here irl, and where the fuck did they come up with her, idk, nobody cares about that shit either way.

OHHH FUCK

Why do I see so few Italians playing competitive games?

BECAUSE THEY CANT SWITCH TEAMS WHEN THEYRE LOSING HAHAHAHAH YOU DICK CHEESE LOVING LOSER

ITAL? ITAL?

SOUNDS MORE LIKE UFAIL, UFAIL

Fucking greased up nigger.

Why does everyone steal the RAF (or RFC) roundel?

Lancer is quite a lot more capable than MiG-21's from 60's.

At least Romania has an airforce :(

You put a fucking flightless bird on your roundel...

JFC, can you be more retarded, Mordor?

The Mig-21 is an outdated aircraft, but it works as a half decent interceptor for a poor af airforce, as with the Romanians.