Physichal Education: 1950

So I was watching this video about Physichal Education in 1950's American Schools and I am pretty impressed

>Everyone is ripped
>Healthy
>Happy

Makes me think why is Physichal Education in School so shitty nowadays?

Video:

youtu.be/fISgKl8dB3M

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yklyNxSVZdk
youtu.be/fISgKl8dB3M
youtube.com/watch?v=HKVzw1liY20
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"Physical"

You'd be accused of instituting a Hitler Young program if you tried to install such PE standards nowadays.

Because of toxic masculinity

Can't have men getting fit and healthy or they might have more testosterone or something

Because all of the schools in the '50s were run by WWII and Korea vets who believed everything should be like Marine Corps boot camp.

If I remember noone took that fucking class serious when I was in School

It was just bullshiting around for 30 minutes

>thinks they would have shown the fat kids in the video on the wonders of P.E.

Idk if anyone had the same experience as me, but growing up (born in 92) gym was:
>Middle school: Don't really remember, except jump rope. Jump rope was cool
>Junior high: Probably the most "physical," phys ed. Sports, running, climbing the rope, push ups/sit ups.
>High school: Gave you a choice between a couple things. Workout room, dance, yoga, and one or two other things, varied throughout the year. All the hot chicks did dance, so I went dance. Huge fucking mistake. Did learn how to do the thriller dance though which was kind of cool.

Maybe they should include a weight lifting program and calisthenics in Schools

Jews. We were creating the utopia and the enteral Jew couldn't accept it. The Jews helped the commies and have worked against all of us.

AMERICA WILL BE MADE GREAT AGAIN NO MATTER THE COST

Did you see some balls hangin out

Because back then the government wanted soldiers to be able to defend the country

Now they want to feminize men and create a genderless faggot Marxist society without any morality.

You guys are so bluepilled, you really think if the federal government didn't want Marxism that these things would have still happened?

although people were healthier, this wasn't the norm by any means

Jews.

Back then you actually had something to compete for which made everyone get their shit together. Now you don't compete against anyone and everyone just wastes away in apathy. Where'd you go USSR?
Also this

If people don't want to be fit you have to force them.

In the past, failing in school meant something. Now it doesn't.

truly a nation of chads

how the mighty have fallen

Because it was a video where they wanted to advertise the success of our public school system and physical education vs the Communists in Russia who were basically enslaving children to do the same exact thing.

Do not forget that heart disease rates began to rise in the 50's as well and have been ever on the rise since then.

I wouldn't say physical education has gotten any worse or better. They learned useless shit back then and they teach useless shit now. There were fat kids in gym class then, just as there are now.

The only real difference I'd say is that the rise of technology has made physical fitness less and less important to success in a career later in life. Many middle class jobs these days involve a lot of sitting around in front of computers or talking on phones. If you have to keep your body in this good a shape for your job you're either working a shitty blue collar job or you're a professional athlete

I'm not advocating one way or the other. I'm just saying how it is.

It had nothing to do with work you fucking moron. It was about war. Back then the nation was healthy, and the people were interested in defending it. Now it has become and amoral and the people are fat and apathetic. Career choice is irrelevant.

lol JFK taking another play straight out of Mein Kampf

to further add to this: they offhandedly mention the greeks in one part of the video but its really important to know that these particular guys got a legitimate classical education. they weren't just going hard in exercise, they were also reading the best philosophy that the world can offer, and had more independence to all kinds of varied activities. they were more like grown men in high school than the grown men now. modern education really stunts your growth as a person, especially if you're like me and you grow up poor in a terrible public school. theres so many basic things that i've only recently figured out that i can't do in my early 20s and it sucks. i'm trying to take corrective measures now, but its pretty difficult.

>High school PE
>Class is graded on "participation"
>class starts with 15 minute run
>entire class just walks around the field
>Me and my friend are the only two who actually run
>teachers don't give a shit
>Somehow end up with a grade of C+

It was like this for the last 5 years of high school for me. The classes are just a waste of time for everyone involved, and I'm positive its just discouraging kids from being active at this point. Aside from people like me who are naturally active, anyway.

Here's what I remember, am 21 been out of hs for 2 years:
> okay kids here's how to play tennis
> dick around
> next day
> okay run around the whole field 5 times until you pass out
> next day
> okaaay do eleven million push-ups and pull-ups and run a mini lap 3 times then you can dick around in gym
> next day
> run up and down bleachers you fat fucks 5 times if you don't I don't give a fuck if you are late for your next class damnit
It was kinda cool just too much ducking running like Jesus Christ makes me wonder what the teachers were doing while we ran all day in 90 degree heat

Now that "fat is beautiful" and all this other leftist horseshit, good luck ever actually having a real PE class again. It was already pathetic when I was growing up, I can't imagine how it is now.

My PE classes were good up until about jr. high. I don't know what happened, maybe some sort of policy change. Everything from jr. high going forward was just us all fucking around.

youtube.com/watch?v=yklyNxSVZdk

Dear fucking they look so fucking hot.

Before the 50's you could still buy real food at the supermarket, a little while later all the bread was made out of sugar and they started selling tons of prepackaged bullshit and america's health and quality of life have been in a downward spiral since

because niggers and jews run our governments

>crossfit club
It's an after school program, it's not even required

It doesn't matter user, money is all that matters

Nothing in this country will change because it would cost certain groups of people too much of their profits. This can't happen. So all these problems that are killing this country will remain, because it is not profitable to fix them.

>youtu.be/fISgKl8dB3M

Why the fuck did we get rid of this kind of thing? It so obviously promotes health and strength, oh wait I know why, the jews.

Catering to the lowest common denominator and the very weakest in our society in the name of "protection" and "equality" has made us all demonstrably worse.

If schools stopped wasting money and had kids doing pushup/dips/pullups and running this country would be a lot better..... minus all of the brown people though.

Yea in my hs you didn't have to take PE in I think senior year but even so it was like the older you got the less the teachers gave a shit

>I wouldn't say physical education has gotten any worse or better. They learned useless shit back then and they teach useless shit now. There were fat kids in gym class then, just as there are now.

Why do people always try to drag arguments they feel threatened by into a ultrarelativist nightmare scenario where it is impossible to make a value judgement because everything is the same or has already happened?

JUST ADMIT THAT THIS REGIMEN IS BETTER FOR HEALTH.

Jesus fucking Christ I'm tired of you "it's always the same" fucking FAGGOTS.

>The school administrators are 500 lbs man-hating dykes.
>The Globalists set education policy. They want the populace as fat, weak, stupid, ill-informed, depressed, and lazy as possible

. youtube.com/watch?v=HKVzw1liY20

More so the jews.

honestly this.
my mom didn't frd me protien as a kid because she hated strong males. I'm not jokoh

The country as gone to shit since the 1950s.

based.
nilisim, relativism and deconsturctionism are the worst things

holy shit

wait my 2cent are: there are no more people that can push other people to do good things for their country/themselves, it's all about money now

there was a moderate amount of fascism in American culture in 50's. during the 60's fascism was made into a boogeyman. fast forward to today and you have a bunch of fat effeminate men wanting to chop their dicks off and wear dresses

>be today
>in philadelphia
>90% of men are either actual faggots or numale bearded hipster faggots

This video was before everyone started eating fast food and frozen dinners every day, it isn't so much about physical activity standards but people just look like shit now because they eat shit and do literally nothing.

Walk a mile to and from school, eat some eggs, oatmeal, a roast, and all of it real, and people are just beautiful naturally. Like you watch videos of any random moron in the 50s or prior and they all have a sort of magical happy glow to them. Random kid on the street these days could be possessed.

PE is optional in my old highschool now. They also added several new vending machines and a giantass snackbar. Fat fucks.

Because there was no DoE yet.
DoE destroyed physical education for a standardization.

Because everyone thought America was going to be at perpetual war for hundreds of years because of the commie threat and McCarthy Domino theory. They needed to train lots soldiers for these wars, so often, they used physical education as a precursor to the armed forces. The conscription system breeds strong men and an alpha culture. Those teenagers would have became the civilian soldiers of the Korean war.

The "bullshitting around" just got worse
>in middle school, P.E. class
>spend 5 minutes jogging, the guys are racing against each other and the girls just walk around
>rest of the class consists on "go do something or whatever" (literal words from my teacher)
>football time!
>skip to current year
>gotta pick up my lil' cousin early
>He's in P.E. class, all the fucking kids are just standing while playing on their phones
>teacher is on his phone too

Fuck this generation

>Watch a video about the benefits of being physically active
>Everyone in the video looks like they're physically active
Is OP a fucking retard or something?

They choose the best looking people for videos.

Why would you put in unhealthy looking people to show off the benefits of being healthy?

you would be hard pressed to find any teenagers who look like that nowadays, maybe like 1-2 in the entire school

Stop saying based

>expecting the government to make you healthy
What the fuck do kids do all day today?
Why do you need some fucking government appointed drill sergeant to force you to get exercise.
Go do stuff like we used to , make a fucking swing rope , climb a tree , have a game of football , throw rocks at the weird house down the street and get chased by the probable serial killer who lives there , ANYTHING.
BE A FUCKING BOY

anime has the answer once again

you can't do that shit anymore, too many laws and they've privatized everything

Wish I had a program like that in school.

>youtu.be/fISgKl8dB3M
it's crazy how they all look like they are in their late 20s or early 30s in a good way.

poland gets it

What was annoying in my PE classes is that there wasn't any room for actually improving yourself, we were just tested against the group or a standard.

For example you had to do 10 pullups in a test, which I can do now after training, but not in those years in which I didn't have any preparation whatsoever to accomplish it. You were just supposed to magically be able to complete 10 pullups without training as well as the guys who were naturally good at it.

Oh God I hated gymnastics. I only liked basketball and soccer.

>squads

This.

They want a fat consumer class that is just healthy enough to work and not be a heavy burden on their healthcare system, but just unhealthy enough to get sick every once in a while to go pay the doctor and pay drug companies for shitty medicaments.

A nation of strong men is a threat.

> What is cold war propaganda

Oh hey, I never knew Kennedy was so big into making America /fit/. I should have guessed, I know the guy was an Atlas who credited his exercise with solving his problems with shitty health and getting him strong enough to qualify for the Navy.

pretty much. op is a fucking retard

*an Atlas student

God I hate Jews. We need to start invading the education boards.

1930's Germany and 1950's USA were a lot alike.

this video is from the 60's dude weed lmao

The 50's and early 60's.

>Imolying the jews and the commies are different groups

pure propaganda right there Paco. We had to be better than the Soviets in every way. This was as much a call to the nations youth as it was as show of force to the Reds

Literally nothing wrong with that.
Grow a pair

Shit, this looks like a comfy life.

Sauce on pic?

made too much money selling horrible fast food and non-functional (((WESTERN MEDICINE)))

>Maybe they should include a weight lifting program and calisthenics in Schools
What would actually happen is government spending tax payer money on (((CrossFit))) franchises and basically fucking all the childrens backs up

I had the opposite problem.

My mom made me train with an elite swimming club for years but fed me too many carbs for me to get ripped, then told me not to feel bad that I didn't look like a male model.

Only later I realized she was trying to make me good-looking.

you make it sound like thats a bad thing

and if you are too fat remember

no sweetie you don't need to do a somersault

just roll, its ok sweetie, I understand

Schools in other parts of the world had vigorous PE programs as well. Even poor countries like Russia had an emphasis on physical fitness.

Is it weird to fap to that video?

Too many fatty kids with type 2 diabetes today in the USA to do that now.