There is a very distinctive odor at Auschwitz. What is it?

There is a very distinctive odor at Auschwitz. What is it?

I visited the site several years ago, and you could smell the place approaching it. It is a very distinct, oily, sickly sugary-sweet smell, and it permeates everything on the grounds. I've never encountered anything else like it in my life. I asked a docent/tourguide, who said "ah, yes, it is the smell of death and ashes. it still lingers"

Dude, I grew up in farm country. I've smelled some gross stuff - feedlots and slaughterhouses, fertilizer and bonemeal fires, and the bodies of diseased livestock being incinerated. I've also been in combat, and worked as a first responder. I know what decaying bodies smell like. None of it smelled anything even remotely like that weird, overwhelming odor at Auschwitz.

I've tried googling it before, and always get the same answer: the smell of death and ashes. I'm calling bullshit. Now, I think the stormfags on Sup Forums are generally whiny little shits, but you are at least willing to talk about alternate possibilities beyond "death and ashes"
I've also found references to the sweet odor dating back to WWII, when it was attributed to factories in the area. But what kind of industrial manufacturing produces that greasy sugar smell?

So, seriously, any theories?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zyklon_B
rosincerate.com/2015/07/extremely-harmful-chemicals-have-all.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
youtube.com/watch?v=bOgkGzMdieI
youtube.com/watch?v=q6c_dinY3fM
youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek
youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg
youtube.com/watch?v=-4Ojbi6lXQI
youtu.be/kPdxhLUKZYM?list=PLo0ThsDnveH5nv5TNviBrGTX9P6IrYfIe&t=412
youtube.com/watch?v=tPc899uUb-A
youtube.com/watch?v=jgGP_evkvOk
youtube.com/watch?v=TxpIsep4160
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was the Jews?

nylon production?

Burning human smells different from burning livestock

> fireman who grew up on a farm here

what makes you say that?

You missed the part where I was a first responder. Trust me, I've smelled burning humans as well.

They don't smell like the cinnabon from hell.

That's the smell of 6 gorillion skin lampshades goyim

Bump for interest
Also captcha

The Jews spray the place with stink to make more of an impact.
Its a prop.

Very good!

When I made nylon in high school it smelled like cum.

It also looked like cum and had a similar consistency. All the guys were snickering about it. Whoever designed that experiment clearly did not understand the mentality of high school aged males.

I was doing a walkthrough of an apartment fire it was a small building with only a few units one was empty and the other ones can it's where at work since it was the middle of the day they weren't particularly damaged anyways.

While checking the closet in the bedroom of the unit the fire started in I noticed that a pair of shoes or sitting perpendicular to the other ones and hairy charred blanket going from the top of the shoes up to the side wall of the closet

As it turns out that Resident had been home and for reasons unknown to anyone decided to hide in the closet under a blanket.
The smell in that closet was the same sweet sickly sugary smell that you describe

It's tear gas

They probably release that smell to cause certain feelings? Supermarkets do that too with smells you can cause feelings very efficently

It's the smell of fear.

Fear sweat has a distinctive odor.

Well then maybe it was something else that had burned up in the closet in addition to the tenant or I'm thinking of a different sugary sweet smell than the one you're describing

Artificial rubber? The prisoners were employed in a huge artificial rubber plant. If not that, the ground is kind of swampy there, could be something to do with that

>oily, sickly sugary-sweet smell,
That kind of sounds like what diabetic body odor smells like to me.

> it has to be fear sweat (chuckles)

That's just how Pooland smells

I heard they had a lot of gassy jews there

They look ok to me.

Crematories smoke sticking to the walls, it's impossible to get that smell off no matter how hard you try. Chances are though it has nothing to do with the smell of the bodies but what they used to fuel the fire. There's really no other explanation.

>The smell in that closet was the same sweet sickly sugary smell that you describe

>Recognizing smells over the internet.
>Another addition to Sup Forums's growing list of superpowers

TERROR sweat.

Ah, but you don't know that they way they were able to burn so many bodies is that bodies were used as fuel to burn more bodies!

Mcdonalds

It could be an artificial scent they spray to create specific emotions.
Certain grocery stores do that as well as some amusement parks such as Disneyland.

Are there any crematory or mortuary workers here that could confirm what and are saying about the smell of burned bodies?

I hope there aren't Satanic underground torture-slaughter houses under the camps where Jews torture Europeans and the smell it coming up through the dirt.

Jewish fertilizer makes the sweetest smelling flowers. Its god showing his appreciation

More propaganda.

Adrenachrome.

OK, edgelord. My guess is that the grounds are polluted as fuck. The surrounding countryside is very nice, but you won't even see insects or birds on the grounds of the camp itself.

Something nasty happened there, but whether it was the prison camp, or just the Nazis or soviets dumping a shitton of industrial chemical waste, it has had a lasting impact.

Was this line meant to be a joke, because fear/nervous sweat does smell different for me

Auschwitz reeks of LIES, OP!

That's the smell of Ketonic decomposition. It is the same smell that comes from a highly dehydrated drunkard.
Either the ground is sitting on some natural gas reservoir that is leaking little by little or a large amount of chemical waste was thrown there.
Either way, chemicals of ketone family works very differently. They cease organic decomposition, they have an adverse effect on the presence of oxygen. In large amounts, they have narcotic and anesthetic effects.

Dig a hole, let the gas collect in that hole, throw a fire-torch - if a ball of fire... mystery solved.

Wew. Lad.

There's a great deal of coal in the area, which is largely why the camp was built there (to produce artificial rubber, not burn bodies)

Have you ever been to a columbarium? It's a building that looks like a post office for ashes. Do you smell the same thing there? They smell like corn chips or dog feet to me.

THE GAS RESERVOIR GASSED THE JEWS

I KNEW THE NAZI HITLER GAS WAS A JEWISH LIE

Diabetic Jews
It's an old joke:
>The oven stacks smell like caramel
>Yes today we are burning the diabetic Jews

It's coming from the rapefugees eating Turkish delight. They're just sitting there on the ground, everywhere.

>"ah, yes, it is the smell of death and ashes. it still lingers"
Does it even matter what specifically is causing the smell? From this quote alone I know the Jews are the ones behind it. Regardless of its source, the smell is obviously artificial and that' all that matters. The Jews, user. The fucking Jews.

This, it's likely some kind of laboratory concocted scent sprayed around the place "for effect", the Holohoax equivalent of new car smell.

You know, my dog's feet do smell like corn chips. How weird.

You should shampoo your carpet once in a while user

Ketone-family of chemicals, carbon monoxide, and coal go hand in hand. We have few accidental underground mines in my state which are burning since 90s. The whole area is abandoned and it reeks of a sweet aromatic smell. People have died venturing the area for shits and giggles. Folklore made the valley, the valley of ghosts.

its probably chemicals the cucks pour on the ground there so it seems more evil than it is.

pro tip: there was no holocaust.

It's the smell of bullshit

Literally this
I talked to a stupid goy about why the holohoax was bullshit one time and his only argument was
>I'VE BEEN THERE, IT STILL SMELLS LIKE DEATH!!!

>You took too much.

This is fascinating. Thanks, anons.

Hobo piss

So, after 72 years, the place still has an odor about it? I'm calling BS.

Figure I'll leave this here.
Not really why I made it but whatever.

It's a joke from the Simpsons. Fear sweat does smell different from other kinds of sweats

the smell of the jew

modern crematoria smoke is odorless, even during ww2 they had already perfected that

so whenever you hear any of the so-called survivors claim that they never eat fried chicken because it reminds them of the smell of the cremated jews, you know they are lying

Just like how McDonald's pumps out their signature smell.

I could believe it 100%.

>Jewish Death scented spray
WAKE UP!

This

Oy vey! You could tell which kind of Jews they were burning on any given day from the smell!

It's like every comic/action movie/anime ever.
The heros always have some plot armour. Don't leave home without it.

I live close to a crematory, It don't smell anything like what you described. Some time I have to remind myself I don't live near a Texas BBQ joint. especially when they are roasting a fatty.

user it smells like pork roasting. I am fucking dead serious.

Look up cortisol. I just finished doing an assignment on it.

/this

Agreed.

I transported a burn victim, and we got her set up in the trauma suite. Some young clueless doc fresh outta school walked over to the adjoining nurses station and started complaining about somebody microwaving bacon...

FYI the battlefields on the Eastern front only stank for 5 years.

i can answer this for you. its the smell of cyanide

zyklon b which is a pesticide is actually

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zyklon_B

cyanide-based pesticide invented in Germany in the early 1920s. It consisted of hydrogen cyanide (prussic acid), as well as a cautionary eye irritant and one of several adsorbents such as diatomaceous earth. The product is infamous for its use by Nazi Germany during the Holocaust to murder approximately one million people in gas chambers installed at Auschwitz-Birkenau, Majdanek, and other extermination camps.

Hydrogen cyanide, a poisonous gas that interferes with cellular respiration, was first used as a pesticide in California in the 1

the distinctive smell

rosincerate.com/2015/07/extremely-harmful-chemicals-have-all.html

my guess is they had a bunch of zyklon b their stored beyond the delousing and whatever happened during the war caused it to pollute into the ground or groundwater

if you can still smell it, they shouldnt probably be having tours go through as its very dangerous

i would seriously report that you smelled what appeared to be cyanide pollution

before this becomes a flame war with my quoted sentence. i don't believe in the holocaust but i do believe in zyklon b being used as a murder weapon,

Having said that, zyklon b has some pretty dangerous ingredients in concentration that could pollute the environment heavily.

DDT was another chemical I dealt with (along with other pesticides) that have distinctive smells of a very sweet variety when cyanide is used as part of the chemical.

these old chemicals and cyanide would cause a distinctive what the hell was that moment to someone trying to determine what they are smelling

*sorry zyklon b used as a delousing tool, not murder weapon. i was distracted writing that.

Need to get an optical gas profilometer or mass spec on site, to ID the chemical.

Remember, they will have a fall-back story prepared. So get evidence of them dumping the stuff before you go public.

It's the grease the evil Nazis used for their Jew Rollercoaster. It's all documented, see pic. It could also be the lacquer they used on their human-skin lamp shades they produced fro several years.

The truth about immigration, by the numbers:

>youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Cultural Marxist Jews Admit Organizing White Genocide

The plan to eliminate the white race:

>youtube.com/watch?v=bOgkGzMdieI

Cultural Marxism in action… Political Correctness, the tip of the blade:

>youtube.com/watch?v=q6c_dinY3fM

Cultural Marxism & Social Justice Explained:

>youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek

Why are we in Decline - Cultural Marxism:

>youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs

also see

The facts about slavery in North America:

>youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg

Cultural Marxist Jews fund media propaganda against whites on an enormous scale:

>youtube.com/watch?v=-4Ojbi6lXQI

Does this sound familiar at all? (starting at 6:52)

>youtu.be/kPdxhLUKZYM?list=PLo0ThsDnveH5nv5TNviBrGTX9P6IrYfIe&t=412

The Holocaust:

>youtube.com/watch?v=tPc899uUb-A

>youtube.com/watch?v=jgGP_evkvOk

>youtube.com/watch?v=TxpIsep4160

Maple syrup.

'sigh'

Go to bed, David.

It's the grease the evil Nazis used for their Jew Rollercoaster. It's all documented by Jewish scholars, see pic. It could also be the lacquer they used on their human-skin lamp shades they produced for several years.

The truth about immigration, by the numbers:

>youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Cultural Marxist Jews Admit Organizing White Genocide

The plan to eliminate the white race:

>youtube.com/watch?v=bOgkGzMdieI

Cultural Marxism in action… Political Correctness, the tip of the blade:

>youtube.com/watch?v=q6c_dinY3fM

Cultural Marxism & Social Justice Explained:

>youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek

Why are we in Decline - Cultural Marxism:

>youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs

also see

The facts about slavery in North America:

>youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg

Cultural Marxist Jews fund media propaganda against whites on an enormous scale:

>youtube.com/watch?v=-4Ojbi6lXQI

Does this sound familiar at all? (starting at 6:52)

>youtu.be/kPdxhLUKZYM?list=PLo0ThsDnveH5nv5TNviBrGTX9P6IrYfIe&t=412

The Holocaust:

>youtube.com/watch?v=tPc899uUb-A

>youtube.com/watch?v=jgGP_evkvOk

>youtube.com/watch?v=TxpIsep4160

Zyklon B air fresheners

I have on in my car.

It's way better than Black Ice. Jews no longer ask me for a ride.

to confirm, did the smell have an almond or rotting fruit smell?

if so, that is confirmation of cyanide pollution and an environmental protection person should inspect it for human safety

I work in industrial waste disposable think I know the smell you're talking about, sickly sweet cinnamon right?

Can't remember the chemical name, it's common in the oil industry though

No but I can LARP as one if you like

Well, Theresienstadt smells nothing like this so it can't be the poor Jews being gassed then incinerated.

Jews are like stink bugs they release a pungent odour when frightened or for scent marking. The accumulated odour of thousands of Jews fighting for breeding territory in the camp grounds combined with the defensive spraying will leave that area smelling like that for many more years. It's an effective way of detecting a Jew ambush too, always be on guard when you detect that smell.

Why doesn't India use this method to burn all the SHIT in their streets?

>cinnabon from hell.
fucking rolling over here

underrated

nice quads

Bumping for more info on the 6 rumpelstiltskin...

Probably your upper lip.

is auschwitz a cool place to go on vacation?

>comparing auchwitz to a theme park

my sides, the worst part is you could be right

Yeah, oily, super-sweet...a little bit like cinnamon.

There's an oats factory nearby

and kinda musky...like the smell of unwashed hair. It is hard to describe

That child's book about mice getting nazi'd has a unique scent attached to it as well

I think its just using scents to fuck with your mind

Went there in 2011. Didn't smell shit. No one ever mentioned a smell throughout the entire tour. Even at the gas crematoria