Sex with Bill Nye

Hi pol,

I've been working on a YouTube channel debunking some of the nonsense that Bill Nye has been pushing on YouTube. I've been taking advice and feedback as I go.

From last time, I tried to work on the echo sound (I hope it's gone - I bought some foam to place my microphone in front of), speak faster, and make the presentation more interesting.

I'd love some more feedback and advice.

youtube.com/watch?v=p8Peh869mhs

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/NEEWER-Microphone-Suspension-Scissor-Stand/dp/B00DY1F2CS/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1494042682&sr=1-1&keywords=neewer microphone suspension
youtu.be/WKtRJ-JtGmw
yourtalllife.com/article?articleName=Sweden
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You dumb nigger I told you to buy a new mic, do some research obviously you're good at it and get a mic that will make you not sound like a tunnel

otherwise goodjob user

Darn, I had hoped I solved the audio problem. How bad would you say the audio is? Does it ruin the video?

I'll look into a better microphone though, thanks.

Again, OP invest in a new mic. Although, I do think you have improved voice wise. You sound a lot more enthuastic. Also, is your whole channel going to be about Bill Nye?? Is it strictly going to be about politics? Or other stuff?

Thanks. I hope to branch out to other topics when I'm done with Bill Nye. One problem is that I feel like I need a video to respond to in order to keep it interesting. Otherwise, it would just be me reading studies and powerpoint slides.

>Otherwise, it would just be me reading studies and powerpoint slides.

Isn't that what you're doing now??

Bill! Bill! Bill!

Bill Nye The Cucky Guy!

Right now I also have video clips! I've been adding more as I go to make them more interesting.

Get this Audio Technica ATR2100, about $64. It's what I have and is very crisp and smooth if you talk right into it.

Another $12 and you can get a Mic Holder
amazon.com/NEEWER-Microphone-Suspension-Scissor-Stand/dp/B00DY1F2CS/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1494042682&sr=1-1&keywords=neewer microphone suspension

Also, it may not be about your mic. You may want to raise your levels in your video editing software and maybe alter the audio in it... Godspeed user

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it. What I'm most concerned about it is:

>
That it isn't my microphone causing the problem, but something to do with my software.

My biggest problem is that the audio sounds fine to me, so I don't know when I've fixed it, or if I've made it worse. Possibly related that I only listen through headphones, maybe it sounds different out of a speaker.

I'll listen to it out of a speaker, experiment with the settings, and, if all else fails, buy a new microphone.

Thanks for the feedback.

Bill Nye The (((Science))) Goy

>but something to do with my software.

How exactly do you expect to grow your channel if you can't even figure out what's wrong with your software/hardware?

I hope to figure it out! Feedback and experimentation is one way I can work on it.

You're doing God's work, user. But yeah, get the mic problem fixed. Otherwise spot on.

What's your next video going to be about?

Thanks for the support!

I'm torn. I've written a fairly long essay on the subject of immigration in Sweden, and I kind of want to present that in a video. I'm worried though without a video to clip from and respond to it won't be interesting to watch and will come off more boring.

Turn the reverb off in your audio software. If that is not it turn the speakers off when you're speaking in the mic. It really sounds like reverb to me though.

Nigger we told you a week ago to buy a mic. Grab one on Amazon that's at least $300.

Good work OP. Top effort.

Keeping it simple and concise works. Your delivery is good too. Keep at it, as you continue you will improve.

I'd suggest being aware of what you will cover next, just so you can say something like, 'next week I'll cover that in more depth, so keep an eye out for that .'

>I'm torn. I've written a fairly long essay on the subject of immigration in Sweden

You should publish your essays, OP. I would be interested in reading them.

That's true, that was the feedback. I was hoping that I could solve the problem by buying some sound dampening foam and changing settings on my microphone instead.

Can you check: youtu.be/WKtRJ-JtGmw and tell me if you still hear the problem?

yourtalllife.com/article?articleName=Sweden

I'm working on the website, so it's kind of hard to navigate it right now. Basically, the big arrows at the top of the page will move you forward and backward through all the stuff I've written and put up there. Thanks for saying so by the way.

Thanks. I feel like I've improved a ton already just over one week making three videos. A lot of it has been helpful feedback I've been getting, so I do appreciate it.

I'm guessing when @ 2:27 you say "so let's looks at...THE SCIENCE" is a soundbite and not you just leaning into the mic? If you're leaning into the mic just do that all the time.

Oh, no, that was just me leaning into the mic and trying to do a more "forceful" voice.

Posted a second early. Thanks for the feedback.

Would you mind listening to the test video: youtu.be/WKtRJ-JtGmw and let me know if you hear the audio problems there?

I never heard echo or reverb but test 1 was loudest,most clear.

It's much better but still there a tad. You can hear the noise prevalent at 0:09, 0:13, 0:17, 0:23. Is this audio and video software or are you over-laying audio over the video separately?

You're never going to be charismatic if you keep worrying that you're boring.

I downvoted your video

I upvoted from my real and my troll accounts.

Thanks for the detail. I'm using the OBS screen recorder to capture both video and audio simultaneously. I then use lightworks to edit the video. Were all three tests much better?

Oh dear! Now I'm worried about that.

The ambition of my YouTube career will be to get you to like my next video.

Much appreciated

Bumping for OP. Go view and tell him what you think

The tests were vastly improved. You can really only hear it if you're listening closely. I am not familiar with those programs. It could be a rendering issue when going into your video editing software. Make sure the settings on both programs are the same; Bit Rate, Sample Rate, and Buffer Size. Keep up the good work! Godspeed and goodnight.

>timer

I like this.

Thank you both.

I've been reading google looking for the source of audio problems. Hopefully the options I've been enabling will help. I'll also check amazon to see if there is an (affordable) better microphone for me.

The good:

>on point
>sources!
>manage to convey a humane, not bigoted approach, while disagreeing

Improve:
>Visuals - I'm a lawyer by trade, so boring ass .ppt slides won't turn me off, but most viewers will leave. Blame overstimulation elsewhere, but don't ignore it. Maybe some pictures?
>Audio quality - I wouldn't say that's a top priority, but could use some work

Overall - good tone, good message, good structure, needs improvement on presentation to reach more viewers.

OP your mic is fine, its your recording conditions that are trash.

Theres too much reverb. Can you record in a closet? Or even just hang a couple towels/blankets around the mic to dead the air. I tried to use a noise gate to reduce the reverb myself but it makes your voice sound too boxy.

Thanks. Do you have any ideas regarding the visuals? I don't really want to be on camera. My thought was that powerpoint slides are better than nothing, though I agree that they are kind of boring.

For my previous video, I was using YouTube's analysis tools, and I could tell my retention rate was lowest at long stretches of slides, and highest at video clips. So - I definitely think you're right, I'm just working on solutions to the problem.

Also to add to this

revamp your entire visual presentation.

No one who doesn't agree with you already is going to watch a powerpoint.

I'd hate to say it but you need memes

Unfortunately, my apartment is basically one giant room. I could always try the closet next time though. Thanks for the advice.

I guess "learn basic flash animation" isn't much of an advice, shit, I've tried and given up like 3 times...

Maybe some illustrations?

Even having your text appear gradually could help, that's not terribly hard to do. Essentially think of it as a visual distraction that still will allow your message to go through.

Thread title is misleading. Downvoted.