I love my western civilization

>I love my western civilization
>MAGA

Pick one.

that does it, I'm on # CruzControl until Kanye2020.

but the first two have always been payed for privately

why would we want government influnced humanities and arts?

>arts
>humanities
>contributing to western civilization in 2017

Have you seen modern art?
Tax payers shouldn't fund that shit.

National Endowment for the Arts/Humanities funds post-modern bullshit like "Piss Christ". Fuck 'em.

Modern art is a piece of shit anyways. Fuck em MAGA

National Endowments for Arts and Humanities started in 1965 and has ALWAYS been a means to fund progressives, communists and degenerates to keep them employed until they could land their next contract with a progressive sponsor or client. So there is only one option: MAGA!

>*points madly at one area of art (modern art) and claims it's ALL OF THE HUMANITIES*

Fuckin degenerate retards.

>nobody produced art before the NEA

I remember how much endowment bux Herman Melville received before he wrote Moby Dick

The arts and humanities are too infested by modern liberals to be saved. There needs to be a purge.

The bigger problem is with art and the humanities themselves. We need to make the humanities great again, but this is probably impossible in the midst of a civilization undergoing longterm decline.

Both fields are filled with commie shit
If you study that they'll prep your head with (((studies))) and (((critics))) of the world that sustents you

Modern art is pure bullshit, and I'm getting a bachelor's in an art program. I've had to do modern and abstract art and I can tell you that like 95% of it is pretentious bullshit. Maybe 5% actually has thought and consideration go into the composition. Also if these things matter so much, why the fuck don't whiny liberals fund them out of pocket?

I swear nobody gives a fuck about any of this until the government stops giving them free money and everyone shits the bed over it. Fund it yourself.

This. Only by purging can new life grow.

Point to an example of the arts produced by these groups that aren't terrible.

Because it usually seems to be absolutely atrocious works of modern art and/or it's something enjoyed by some little clique of liberals that just want an excuse for sniffing each others' farts.

Degeneracy eliminated good.

Trump didn't took those money for himself his salary is only ONE DOLLAR he rejected it. Nice Libtard propaganda

Good artists shouldn't be relying on the fucking government to make them artists.

Arts and humanities are no longer about arts and humanity.

Art is western civilization

>he thinks people still draw very detailed portraits
youre more ignorant and sheltered than a leftist
sage

You got it backward. Western civilization is art.

Because ballet and total arts is the same as Pss Christ

fucking. what?

You know liberals made this website you retarded fuck? You should be purged.

300 million people elected him coolest dude on the planet, nothing he can break can't be fixed.

Whatever shall we do without the humanities and arts!

Liberals made a Japanese imageboard which was lazily copied by Moot?

Wow we need to give money to some artists so they can shit some paint onto some canvasses right away!

The sorry state of the contemporary arts and humanities is due in large part to government funding.

With the exception of a small group of contemporary megastars, the art world is dominated by grant writers and bureaucrats who approve those grants (usually based on how well the grant writers tie their projects to the latest left-wing fad).

Well Gov funding of the Arts and humanities seems to just be an embezzlement scheme to get money to campaign contributors through round-about ways like buying art.

Why does a government have to fund arts? Why can't non-profits control it without federal money? If you have to have the government fund something to keep it afloat, then maybe it isn't worth keeping. I believe that as a population we should support "the arts" but don't use my tax money to spread pig blood on walls. When someone claims that more funding should be given to the arts. I always want to see their donation slips.

This. Go smell your own farts on someone else's dime libcucks

>>*points madly at one area of art (modern art

You completely failed to name any other.

Some art programs that actually give a shit about art focus on composition and draftsmanship. Anything that focuses on 'experimental art' is postmodernist bullshit and lacks any actual sense of human condition or technical artistic prowess. Postmodern artists are more like designers or engineers thinking they're quite clever making some twisted scrap of metal, a replica of a living room, or a massive canvas painted entirely with cadmium red.

>I love my western civilization
>I love gubmint handouts for 'modern art'
Pick one.

Interesting strategy. So the idea is to purge the filth in the hope that flowers bloom instead? I dig it.

Arts and humanities funded by rich people give us Mozarts and Hegels
When they are funded by Academia they give us MY JUNK MY JUNK and WYPIPO DO SOMETHING

for once a shit posting aussie has a point.

>gubment sponsored art
These faggots are just too lazy to secure private funding. You know, the same way it's been since the Renaissance.

>tax people to pay for art
Why was that ever happening? Thank god we put a stop to it.

It did not pay for grand European-style architecture and masonry. It paid for garbage and hedonistic lifestyles.

The most fertile soil is that which is littered with the corpses of world's myriad species.

They still do. Maybe you should actually get out of your basement and visit some galleries, user.

These were all proxies to funnel money to cultural Marxists.

Just like funding "civil rights" lawsuits with literally fund the ADL, SPLC, the ACLU, NAACP. These are all government funded!!!

Ohh and black churches talk about politics all the time, along with Jews. That law only applies to whites just like everything else.

We need to take our country back. Stop Federal funding of civil rights lawsuits now!!!

Arts & humanities peaked when the Church was funding them

I wonder if we're living in a time when purging is the only sensible strategy. What this is means is that the West today is beyond saving - but more and more I think this may be the case, since the most prominent, lucrative Western idea today is to disavow the West.

When i was growing up, you'd joke these artists could smear shit on paper and they'd analyze it and pay top dollar. Now, with liberal degeneracy, it's a reality.

Eagerly waiting for your counterexamples.

Not investing in arts is the reason why western men are turning into weebs.

Where is the final frame?
>I am the captain now.

>tax payers funding piles of melted-down trash and irreverent feminist fart sniffing

Shouldn't even have been a thing in the first place desu

t. pleb
just because your university sucks/you don't understand it doesn't mean it's all pretentious bullshit.

This.

Have you considered that it's not the government's responsibility to fund these things?

Are you aware most of these funding cuts have already been covered by private donations? The way it should be?

Reminder that Trump left the National Science Foundation alone and signed a special EO just for NASA funding. Trump likes science, not degenerate garbage art which only survives because of government handouts.

Good. Art sucks in this time period. If someone is not good enough to make money doing what they do, then they should focus on other things (things that actually matter) to make money.

>*points madly at all of art created in the past 50 years with government money and claims any part of it is good*

Art is only valuable when people enjoy it. When you give artists money for creating anything, they will just create low-effort shit and dance off with the money they just got. When you make artists livelihood based on how well their art sells, they produce high-effort masterpieces that cannot be easily recreated, or they produce nothing and go back to working a job they can actually do.

Because the free market would never pay for menstrual performance art. We would be culturally poorer without this. If people were this stingy in the 80's, I would have never been able to see a crucifix in a jar of piss.
I WEEP FOR AMERICA!

Truth.

>national endowments for the (((Arts)))
>national endowment for the (((Humanities)))

Good, fuck em. Modern art is bull shit.

the amount of money we have funded into modern art (and the lack of results it has yeilded) is proof that the world needs to get off its ass and do more and talk less.

Have you seen the sort of (((art))) that gets funded?

I think I know why lefties love 'art' so much

They are told that a picture frame with nothing in it is art, and they believe it because they know that they are useless, unwanted beings, but by becoming 'art' heads they are now cultured, even though the art is like them, useless and unwanted

It too, like their retarded ideology, only works when you believe on faith and don't think too hard

Funding arts with taxpayer money is an insult and should be abolished.

Most high end art these days is just money laundering.

Also like I want my money going to stuff like Piss Christ, or some female pissing paint onto a canvas.

>tfw people think the national endowment only pays for things like piss art

Make that shitty multicolored picture of your girlfriend of two weeks without government aid.

Art is a waste of money.

If only the arts constituted of ballet and oil on canvas in le current year, then I'd agree.

>government funded "art"

>church funded art

Did anyone fund Da Vinci or Beethoven?

LITERALLY THIS

Yes.

Wealthy families and clergy mostly

/thread

>the government should fund art
My favorite argument against this is: do you really want trump deciding what is and isn't art?

And nothing of value was lost

I love how they portray the humanities and arts as ballet and paintings when they just mean propaganda and toilets with turds inside them inside a museum...
Yet they portal them as non degenerate shit able to sustain itself by appealing to our taste like ballet or non degenerate art.
WTF i love having my money spent on ideological transexual whore spewing hate on stage now!
Fuck drumpf!

So why should the state do it?

>Trump is killing the arts!
No, art killed art. Specifically, modern art and the embrace of it killed art. The public finds modern art a joke because, well, it is a fucking joke. They don't want to spend their taxes so that someone can make an overpriced "statement." They don't want to get charged thousands of dollars so some artist can go to Walmart, buy some ten dollar trash can, and call it art. They don't want to pay thousands of dollars so some woman can shove a dollar can of Spaghetti-O's up her cunt.

It's very telling that the OP's comic showcases art that actually takes skill, but the majority of art is bullshit. Fuck funding it with taxes.

Yes we need more funding for buttsniffing

Free market art: Picasso, Rembrandt, Da Vinci, Monet.

Federally subsidized art: pic related.

It is a clear case of the Emperor's New Clothes.

Makes it all the more ridiculous when they try likening funding for the 'arts' (like the shitting pain onto a canvas bit) to funding community theaters.

Like I'd be fine with using some government money to fund community theaters. Maybe even art centers where they can do free classes on how to paint/draw. But that's not done and instead we just pay a small fortune to some random jackasses to do their modern art garbage.

I could imagine most people could get behind just having community centers setup that could operate tax free which could do things like classes on painting Bob Ross style. That it isn't should be a sign that these arts programs are not being done for the majority of citizens, but rather for little cliques.

WE are doing alright and usually appreciate art as a group of collective nonconformists. Look at memes, which typically get popular or start their life-cycle by means of this website - originally Dadaist, simple, and non-thought provoking - now, the "dankest" ones are those that work on multiple levels and lead way to discussion far more than modernism and post- has. They can change the world by visualizing representation a la Trump. Our "art" is really coming full circle and OC is praised and revered. We ARE doing god's work when it comes to art.

Now, on the other hand, a popular "normie" art trend is doing one thing in another thing's style, such as Archer drawn in the style of the Simpsons or vice-versa. Normies love this shit, they eat it with Don Hertzfeldt's oversized spoon and pay exorbitant prices to see Calvin & Hobbes stylized as South Park characters... This needs to be avoided to truly respect art on an individual and CREATIVE level. Appreciate each on it's own accord if you like them both. It's just like that Bill Nye Ice Cream video. Don't mix up all the things you like into one huge pile of mess because that will take away from the respective beauty and flavor of each.

However, the whole retro-80's-futurism style that's become popular is somewhere in the middle of both of these arguments. I'm not sure if I like it, or I'm not sure how much I can respect it. It's cool in the sense I enjoy looking at it, but I'm a child of that time and perhaps it's just the nostalgia for a bygone era I thought long dead. Is an SS soldier stylized as a German industrial techno band's tour poster the same as Game of Thrones drawn in the style of Family Guy? Is it more or less creative? Original art, however scary to accept, always will be.

Those endowments did some decent stuff at some points but in contemporary times they just devolved into slush funds for hand outs to radical cronies. Like you could get tons of money and just do some bullshit to cover for getting the cash. And you were only eligible to get the cash if you were in certain political circles, and it got recycled as campaign contributions.

bet they are happy about that now

Almost everyone looks defeated and is not looking at the butt sniffers.

I never realised how glorious this picture is. Just look at their faces.

Also is that bitch drawing something on GRAPH PAPER of all things?

cant tell if thats male or female, but either way it is truly a bitch

fuck you nigger

>"lookie how ebil yt is gib repatriations"
>modern """art"""
>either being representative of western civilization or worth preserving at all
Nah.

Wealthy families and the Holy See used to function as the state. In addition to receiving donations, the Church taxed people (in the form of rent) much like those wealthy families which owned land.

Art has always flourished more under private patronage than under social patronage. Under private patronage, true talents rise to the top and create great and beautiful things.

>blaming the government fund not individual degenerate's taste

Ban anime. Period.

Humanities think western civilisation is evil and add nothing to society.

Art funding is often wasted on hacks who shit in a white room and call it art. Meanwhile, the Janitor comes and cleans it up in the morning.

Above all things art should be aesthetic, what use is meaning if the subject is unpleasant to look at or listen to?

>Moot
newest of all friends

LEFTISTS USE ART GALLERIES AND ART PIECES TO LAUNDER MONEY YOU STUPID FUCK

If it's good art they can find themselves you fucker.
Modern art is literally a PsyOP.

fund*