Accept immigrants will boost economy

>accept immigrants will boost economy
>Sup Forumstards can not understand this basic logic

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-15/living-standards-better-growth-gauge-than-gdp-davos-forum-says
breitbart.com/london/2015/12/21/uk-central-bank-report-confirms-immigration-leads-to-lower-wages/
bankofengland.co.uk/research/Documents/workingpapers/2015/swp574.pdf
nber.org/papers/w12497
youtube.com/watch?v=MNAdVjZ_h1c
ctvnews.ca/business/canadian-wages-see-weakest-growth-since-1997-1.3399589
metronews.ca/news/canada/2016/10/31/new-liberal-immigration-baseline-300-000-next-year-with-more-in-future-years.html
business.financialpost.com/news/economy/canadas-exports-rebound-to-record-in-healthy-sign-for-the-economy
cis.org/ImmigrationImpactLaborMarket
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's not logic, that's a claim.

Whose economy does it "boost"? Not that of the working class, certainly. Rich people may profit from immigrants, regular people do not. Besides which, there's more to society than money.

you have to go back

And why would I want a boosted economy? What exactly are your goals in life?

Immigrants cause lower prices, which offsets the impact of lower wages in the long run, all other things being equal.

It's pretty much the same issue as free trade.

CAN WE SETTLE THIS ONCE FOR FUCKING ALL.

IMMIGRATION BOOSTS (((JEWDP GROWTH))) AT THE EXPENSE OF WAGE GROWTH AND JOB QUALITY.

WTF IS MORE IMPORTANT TO THE COMMON PERSON?

(((GDP GROWTH))) IS THE MOST RETARDED METRIC

Even the elites at Davos agree.

Living Standards Better Growth Gauge Than GDP, Davos Forum Says
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-15/living-standards-better-growth-gauge-than-gdp-davos-forum-says

That being said, right-wingers aren't really concerned about the economic side, they are more anti-immigrant for "cultural reasons"

There is literally nothing wrong with a 2% unemployment rate. There I said it.

The vast majority of literature suggests that immigrants don't lower wages or employment. This is because they lower prices, and don't often compete in the same markets as native labor.

Why don't they just stay home, and boost their own economies? If they were so valuable, their governments wouldn't let them leave. Mexico would be volunteering to pay for a wall.

>The vast majority of literature suggests that immigrants don't lower wages or employment.

lol

you shills can fuck off

you have no grasp on the real world

That's because the vast majority of literature does not do a proper breakdown.

breitbart.com/london/2015/12/21/uk-central-bank-report-confirms-immigration-leads-to-lower-wages/

bankofengland.co.uk/research/Documents/workingpapers/2015/swp574.pdf

this

Here is one of the most cited papers on immigration and wages:

nber.org/papers/w12497

>there are things more valuable than economy
>libtards can not understand this basic logic

Sure, goi

Oh look, it's one of these threads again.

based on data from the 1980s

I'm talking about real life you moron. Of course immigration depresses wages. Why the fuck do you think all the elites love mass migration so much?

They even admit it.

Says who? You?

there is literally 0 econ papers suggesting immigrants have a massive negative impact on wages

From the introduction of the paper you linked:

"The stereotype of the Polish plumber — used widely as a symbol of cheap labour —
encapsulates the commonly held belief that immigration in Britain has pushed down wages
in the most affected jobs. However, the balance of the research on this issue suggests that
the share of immigrants in the workforce has had little or no impact on the pay rates of the
indigenous population. Nevertheless, there is a continuing controversy, exemplified by the
influential works of Borjas (2003) and Card (2005). "

It doesn't. Even if it did money isn't all. If people actually thought that they'd immediately move to richer nations. Especially here in Europe since we've had free internal migration in the EU for ages.

Don't you have enough freeters and neets to take from?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Japans biggest issues regarding work is that it's almost impossible to fire dudes who have worked there forever to get in fresh blood to actually work.

wheres your journal articles
0 facts just opinions

>(((Economists))) want civilized countries to be swamped with immigrants to eliminate competition for Israel, so lie about it boosting the economy
>retarded nip can not understand this basic logic

The 1980s are not real life?

fpbp

Get bombed, Jap

We understand the negative impact of too much immigration too quickly because Sup Forums has had this happen every summer and every major happening

Newfags come in, wave after wave, and disrupt and dissolve the culture

Immigration isn't necessarily bad, but it can't be uncontrolled

LOL AHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Canada has one of the highest immigration rates in the developed world.

What do we have here?

Canadian wages see weakest growth since 1997

It's so easy to spot the shills on pol

Hi Rothschild!

they dont. economists stay away from value questions about culture etc. and only consider evidence. Its up to politicians to determine what should be implimented

Wow nice science dude ! You convinced me

I live in the real world. Not some academic paper.

You shills try to deny the laws of supply and labour. When you oversupply labour, that suppresses wages.

Even your precious elites admit it.

Can’t wait to serve my white weeb cock and get mating-pressed hard

correlation=/causation

>(((literature)))

Nice cherries, user. I addressed the balance of research in the post you're linking to. This is also in the paper:

>These studies typically have not refined their analysis by breaking it down into different occupational groups. Our contribution is to extend the existing literature on immigration to include occupations as well. We find that the immigrant to native ratio has a small negative impact on average British wages. This finding is important for monetary policy makers, who are interested in the impact that supply shocks, such as immigration, have on average wages and overall inflation. Our results also reveal that the biggest impact of immigration on wages is within the semi/unskilled services occupational group.

you shills make it obvious that what you hate most is wage growth

You can't handle the facts.

wtf i love immigration now!

Look Spain, we accepted a lot of immigrants and now we have a lot of jobs... Just kidding lol

>I live in the real world. Not some academic paper
so you want your feels and personal biases to affect your judgement?

>Iceland
>source is uk central bank report and bankofengland

are you for real ? didn you guys kick the banker out ? fuck off

can you read you moron?

>
You're not looking at the side of demand.

Immigrants are consumers, they also produce more given the same inputs (wages). This boosts demand.

>looks at all the economic boost Pac Man ghosts are adding to the work force...
... They ... they are all on food stamps and welfare - literally getting paid to make babies to bring Sharia law here in 20 years
>liberals paying attention to people flooding in now vs people flooding in from 50 years ago

Do you not understand incentive?

How will they boost the economy when literally all jobs will probably be lost in the next 10-20 years due to automation?

Someone things are more important than money you stupid fucking kike.

LOL

Canada to welcome 300,000 immigrants next year as Liberals set new baseline
metronews.ca/news/canada/2016/10/31/new-liberal-immigration-baseline-300-000-next-year-with-more-in-future-years.html

wew lad

Accepting 1000 boarders into my house will boost my income.

Sure many of them i don't get along with, will fight and clash with, and I will sleeping on the floor in a living hell.

But muh ecconomy.

2/10

If the banker finally admits this, then that's good.

>This paper asks whether immigration has any impact on wages. It answers this question by considering the variation of wages and immigration across regions, occupations, and time. Occupations turn out to be a relatively important dimension. Once the occupational breakdown is incorporated into a regional analysis of immigration, the immigrant-native ratio has a significant small impact on the average occupational wage rates of that region. Closer examination reveals that the biggest effect is in the semi/unskilled services sector, where a 10 percentage point rise in the proportion of immigrants is associated with a 2 percent reduction in pay. Where immigrants come from — EU or non-EU — appears to have no impact on our economy wide results; with the impact within the semi/unskilled services sector being small. These findings accord well with intuition and anecdotal evidence, but do not seem to have been recorded previously in the empirical literature.

Domestic laborers with jobs and higher wages produce demand.

>Immigrants are consumers

with what money? Gibs?

When we get to 2% unemployment, then we can talk about more immigration.

can you really not read?

>accept immigrants will boost economy

No. Even if it did the costs required to police them would outweigh it.

Canada’s exports rebound to record in healthy sign for the economy
business.financialpost.com/news/economy/canadas-exports-rebound-to-record-in-healthy-sign-for-the-economy

wow i love immigration now, its doing wonders for our exports

Japan needs immigrants to punish for their previous crimes. Jews need to focus on BLACKing Japan. Imagine all those small feminine jap women getting BLACKED

It boost the economy at the expense of the poor, which is then later remedied with Government handouts.

I prefer stability over growth.

Leftists have spread the "IMMIGRATION WILL BOOST THE ECONOMY" meme for 50 years.

Leftists have never been honest enough to stab themselves in the foot by clarifying whether they are referring to BOOST THE ECONOMY PER CAPITA or BOOST THE COUNTRY OVERALL.

Because the latter is like merging with India. A higher GDP is worthless. A higher GDP per capita is the only thing worth having.

LOL. You're bragging about a trade deficit with a 72 cent Loonie?

Are you admitting that you're too handicapped to understand the relationship wages and labour?

Holy shit you got btfo kid.

>too handicapped to understand the relationship wages and labour?
apparently you are too retarded to look up what the actual relationship between immigration and labor is and its effect on the poor and overall economy

but continute living in your delusional fantasy

it can but they need to WORK not living out of fucking wealthfare

It's a short term injection. Basically you can compare it to a heroine addict getting another shot to stop his pain. The government will waste money on them instead on using it on its civilians. It will lead to confrontation and lower wages, generally a heterogeneous society which will fall apart because nobody's gonna trust each other.

Why is the "economy" always something that needs a boost? Contraction is good.

An Economy should never be place above the people of its country.

Shooting yourself in the head also fixes pension issues.

Then the economy crashes in two generations when there are no more capable managers and disciplinarians because everybody's a lazy untermensch.

Immigration is not a zero sum game. If an immigrant is removed from the labor force, that doesn't mean one more native has a job. Therefore, the effect on demand is higher with immigration than without it.

>With what money? Gibs?

We're talking about immigrant laborers, not refugees. They have wages to spend.

>all these newfags ITT thinking OP is really Japanese

I think you need to lower down your people's work ethic. Seriously, work 5 days a week and keep your money. Don't give it to some woman.

You're so fucking dumb that you don't understand the relationship between immigration and wages. When you oversupply labour, wages fall.

Why would you bring up exports? Canada to welcome 300,000 immigrants next year as Liberals set new baseline

Come on, we all know Japs don't browse Sup Forums. It's either US soldiers or proxies.

>>accept immigrants will boost economy

Not this is again. First off no it doesn't and secondly, it depresses wages for native born.

you make this same thread everyday you pathetic faggot

you think you're fucking cute shitposting from the navy base in Okinawa, and you think you can make us believe you're not just a fucking boat painter by posting a picture of le meme frog with squinty eyes. You're not fooling anyone, autist.

GDP =/= GDP per capita

Immigrants don't create jobs. They come here for jobs and displace domestic labour.

All your pro-immigration arguments are based on a false assumption that every available domestic labourer is employed.

When we get to 2% unemployment and strong wage growth, then we can talk about immigration.

non-shill detected

>Immigrants don't create jobs. They come here for jobs and displace domestic labour.

Most of them actually *don't* displace domestic labor. Even when they do displace domestic labor, they lower prices, which ultimately creates more jobs. Same thing goes with free trade.

>All your pro-immigration arguments are based on a false assumption that every available domestic labourer is employed.

Where did I make that assumption? (Protip: I didn't.)

>When you oversupply labour, wages fall
in the shortest of runs, the fact that you have a larger labor force also means you can expand businesses and hire more people. it can also be the case that immigrants bring some sort of skills your current population doesnt have which could be benefitial to the economy. its not so fucking simple that you can just write 1 fucking sentence and conclude that immigrants increase supply of labor without having any effect on demand.
>but muh feels say wages drop

>Why would you bring up exports
to show how dumb your correlation equal causation arguments are.

>from a country that is the most xenophobic in the entire world

>they lower prices,

By working for cheaper than a domestic worker. Now you're just making my points for me.

>to show how dumb your correlation equal causation arguments are.

All you're doing is proving my point that you're so fucking dumb, you don't understand there is a relationship between immigration and wages.

You're actually trying to argue that there isn't.

You've lost. Badly.

>Even when they do displace domestic labor, they lower prices, which ultimately creates more jobs.

Multiple posters have provided evidence to the contrary. Quit lying about this.

cis.org/ImmigrationImpactLaborMarket

>It is often suggested that immigrants "only take jobs natives don't want," implying that the entry of 900,000 legal and 400,000 illegal immigrants each year has no effect on the wages or job prospects of native workers. In fact, a number of recent studies have come to a contrary conclusion. This research indicates that immigration does reduce the labor market prospects of natives, primarily those with few years of schooling. In addition, it contradicts other studies done by Butcher and Card (1990), Altonji and Card (1991), and Borjas (1983, 1984), which concluded that immigration does not have a significant negative impact on natives.

>This Backgrounder summarizes these recent studies, some of which have not yet been published. It is not intended as a complete literature review of every study dealing with the labor market implications of immigration, but instead focuses only on recent quantitative studies that have found a negative effect from immigration on the labor market opportunities available to natives. It includes a brief discussion of these issues surrounding immigration's effect on the labor market and several tables on the labor market characteristics of immigrants. The tables contain summary information about the distribution of immigrants across educational categories and earnings deciles as well as other information. Since the impact of immigration is dependent upon the concentration of immigrants in various segments of the work force, these tables provide insight into the likely effects of immigration.

>they lower prices, which ultimately creates more jobs

what the fuck

By working for a lower price, they increase demand for the things they produce, which ultimately creates jobs that use their outputs as an input.

im saying its not large and is outweigh by benefits unless its pure shitskin migration, not that its 0. but keep straw manning and deluding yourself you are right

They "Boost the economy" by driving the work wages dramatically down and by making the living standards worse, making everything cheaper. This creates an manufactured event that the rich can profit on basically slave labor, making a false "boom" at the cost of the middle class.

Accepting immigrants is okay as long as they are at the level or above the population, accepting immigrants lower than your population is simply a ploy to get slaves to work in sweat shops

>By working for a lower price,

God I love winning arguments. You just proved that immigrants suppress wages which is exactly my fucking point.

We're done here.

You just ADMITTED that immigrants suppress wages which is exactly my fucking point.

is what I meant to say

>Most of them actually *don't* displace domestic labor.
"Most of them", then you have the rest to deal with. Then there's the ones only there for the gibs, take our Somali enrichers. 70% of them don't work AT ALL.

>they lower prices
No they don't. Cost of living rises every year. Unions have to fight tooth and nail to get raises to cover just that.

>which ultimately creates more jobs
No it doesn't. Unless you were thinking of welfare bureaucrats to hand out the gibs.

Borjas admits that his argument applies only to the most unskilled 10% of the workforce, i.e. people without a highschool diploma. For the other 90%, he actually concludes that immigrants produce a very small increase in real wages.

They lower wages in the particular areas in which they work, but increase aggregate wages among the domestic labor force.

I'm not "proving your point", dumbass.

Not all immigrants are low skill. Plenty of immigrants do construction, trades, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, truck driving, IT, etc etc. All kinds of jobs. Good, strong blue collar, white collar jobs.

A nation should take care of its own people, not foreigners.

you forgot the australian teacher living there

exactly, immigrants damage ordinary workers but produce apparent growth in the overall economy, which benefits nobody except Jews

If that is true, why doesnt japan open it's door? They seem to have one of the tightest immigration policies i have seen. i dont see them rushing to important people from other nations/

You got the point.

Japan need 200,000 immigrants

they dont want shitskins. some things are more important than gdp

No, it doesn't. What it needs is for you to get fucking.

Immigrants do not cause lower prices, this is retarded AF

Make fucking babies, don't do like our countries.

The crime rate here was multiplied by 6 when the great migration wave came.

In the southern part of the country you have ghettos where the police can't enter anymore.

Some places have their own laws, the communities living there claim benefits but have an underground economy.

Immigration only really works if it is slow, if the people who join want to join because they like the country, and if they are not settled in their own community

Who's economy does it boost? You have to go back.