Presented with no comment

presented with no comment

>regulation must be a neverending death spiral to eventual communism
blech

Why though?

There is lots of useless regulation, which can be done away with in 90% of all cases, like economic licensing.

In my country you need 4 years of training, 2 years of tradeschool and an 2000$ exam, just so you can work as a cabinetmaker. Same goes for all other professions, including shit like cleaners and drywall installers. That shit is ridiculous.

But you need some sort of mechanism to prevent employers from exploiting their employees.

My idea would be to simply do away with all minimum wage and worktime protections and instead introduce a universal basic income, so that the employer actually has to make you a fair deal, because otherwise you can just refuse to work, without having to starve to death.

If your useless in society you should starve

>1842
you should be able to fire people who dont show up for work.
>1887
minimum wage hurts those who need on the job training
>1912
minimum wage laws hurts poor people. no sweat jobs means less places to work
>1915
people shouldn't be fired for joining a union, but when the unions act violently, there is a problem.
>1924
less workers raises wages. good now kick out the beaners
>1938
just another wage law. raising prices for people working over 40 hours a week.
this means alot of people can't work more then 40 hours if they want to (for more cash) because employers won't let them. obama care for people who work more then 30 hours a week lead to alot of people working 29 hours a week.
>1964
first, this totaly worked guys. women dont get 77 cents on the dollar
>1970
the laws are not what fixxed things. employers do have hearts, they dont want to see thier employers get limbs chopped off. furthermore, it onlu makes sense to have no safety in your factory when it's a sweat shop and workers are easily replaced

The second picture about giving blacks a dollar makes it seems like blacks are getting nothing. That was the wage of the time period. Not the same as a dollar today.

Anti sweatshop laws have strangled your economy because other countries are still allowed to have them. Businesses were right saying it would slow down american manufacturing. It has.

Public sector unions protect every single shitty worker ever. Most of those people SHOULD be fired. You could hire a summer student for 75 % of the wage and get 4x the productivity.

Workers cant be fired for joining a union. Now you as the worker HAVE to join the union or your coworkers make your job a living hell. Also public sector unions hold the entire province or state up every 4 years for wages that are drastically higher than the private sector. Because they are allowed to strike. They force the government to pay them, and people have no alternate to their services ie. Teacher unions. Which means higher taxes.

This whole "blame coporate business for everything" meme needs to die. Not every worker is a hard worker. Not every company is evil. Both sides can be a problem. And the balance has shifted too far to the workers side. Theres a reason companys left your country.

They were right. A significant amount of local businesses have gone under and have been replaced by huge corporations, as they're the only ones who can afford to run a business.

Not surprising you're from Israel. Cheap bastard.

Thats the thing though, employees are not useless, otherwise they wouln't have a job, since having a job requires marketable skills.

But if your employer chooses to pay you a wage, which is not a living wage, you are forced to accept that shit and starve at a rate of 50%, because it is better than having no job and starving at a 100% rate.

Strikes also do not serve to solve this issue, because if you refuse to work (in a libertarian free market system) , your boss can refuse to pay you and since you need to put food on the table, while he sits on pile of cash, he can hold out longer than you, despite his factories not producing anything.

So what is the solution?

>1 post by this ID
>"presented with no comment"
slide thread. saged

Solution
>Do away with all workplace regulation, apart from the necassary health and safety rules

>Introduce a basic income that is just enough, so that people do not starve.

Let the free market sort things out.

You want to have people work 70 hours a week, every week of the year?

Fine, if they want to ruin their health for monetary gain, it should be their choice.

As much as I hate (((megacorps))), I think many of the regulations in the comic should have been passed intending to provide specific and temporary solutions to problems, rather than become a permanent structure of our lawbody.

>you should be able to fire people who dont show up for work.
Protesting unfair workplace policy and just not coming into work are not the same thing. Strikes are concerted actions and therefore it is illegal for you employer to fire you if you choose to take part.
>minimum wage hurts those who need on the job training
Yeah, paying people more to learn how to do a job until they're able to do it solo really hurts them. You sure showed us.
>minimum wage laws hurts poor people. no sweat jobs means less places to work
Once again, paying poor people more money is such a travesty. Won't you help them?
>people shouldn't be fired for joining a union, but when the unions act violently, there is a problem.
I don't disagree
>less workers raises wages. good now kick out the beaners
Yeah, for sure. Because a business accustomed to paying the bare minimum for work is going to change their wages just cause, right? There is a shortage of jobs, not a shortage on unskilled labor even if we remove the beans.
>this means alot of people can't work more then 40 hours if they want to (for more cash) because employers won't let them.
I don't disagree but if you use this same logic on the previous example you may see the light. We can't trust businesses to do the right thing because they're out to make money.
>the laws are not what fixxed things.
Yeah, I'm sure. China has so many workplace accidents as well as accidents caused by shoddy work because their corporate overlords really care about them.

>Barry Deutsch
Presented without comment

Who are you to assume we wouldn't all be better off if those laws weren't passed? You don't know

All working class people could kill themselves, this preventing employers from ever accumulating the cash in the first place!

>Paying poor people more money
No, sweetie, that's not how the real world works. When the minimum wage goes up they fire poor citizens and hire illegals for less than they were paying before.

Why do you think liberals say "we'll starve if we deport illegals!"? Because they're filling in for minimum wage workers who are currently unemployed.

>all the companies are in china now

These are the same people who are now saying that off shoring was inevitable and that flooding the labor pool with millions of shitskins doesn't hurt the working class.

what if, hold on and stay with me here
what if we deported the illegals HOLD ON!!!! are you here? you're with me still? ok
what if we deported the illegals AND- i might lose you here, so just start from the top if you get lost
what if we deported the illegals AND raised minimum wage???
do you want me to start over? I can if you got lost

>When the minimum wage goes up they fire poor citizens and hire illegals for less than they were paying before.
And holding them accountable for illegal activity is just too hard, right? Heaven forbid we do two things at once.