The earth is flat. I don't know how you people don't realize this

The earth is flat. I don't know how you people don't realize this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w76AStVUvI8
youtube.com/watch?v=WBxEqwUIsOo
youtube.com/watch?v=vVX-PrBRtTY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is curving, but it's not visible from the planet's surface.

Posting in a retard thread

jesus christ

take a fucking surveying class, get a surveying job, survey a large tract of land and see for yourself how curvature changes you fucking retard

I've been in a plane. I'm sure you have too.

Did you see any curvature? I didn't think so.

The earth is big enough to not show a curve until extreme height above its surface.

The way the ancients managed to figure it out was how shadows of otherwise same-size objects differed in cities far from each other, then measured the distance to accurately predict the size of the earth based on this curvature.

>the ancients managed to figure it out
No they didn't.

>all celestial objects seen are spherical beyond a few hundred miles of diameter

>muh snowflake land is somehow not going to be just like everything else in the universe

>varying constellations at different positions on Earth

>what is field of view

>what is center of mass/gravity

You know you aren't very smart when your entire theory can be disproved by kids with sticks measuring shadows at recess and comparing from different parts of the same continent at the same time of day.

Read Almagest by Claudius Ptolemy. Learn how to measure the height of the pole star above the horizon, measure it at home, and take a road trip a few hundred miles north or south, then take another measurement. Post results. Also,
>This

You do know that the Earth is kinda massive right? Like 24,000 miles around or something

Sup Forums isnt ready for this redpill

youtube.com/watch?v=w76AStVUvI8

to detect the earth curvature you need to be at least 35,000 feet high and have a CLEAR view of at least 60°
A plane seat's window isn't at least 60°

Yes they did, you enormous faggot. Does someone need to haul your ass out to the Sahara desert and make you dig two wells ten miles apart to prove it?

Sure.

Romans 1:22
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Proverbs 18:13
He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

Rotten tooth shit skin shill

Uh, ancient Greece? They kind of calculated the size of the earth using a ruler about 4000 years ago.

Is there even a point in arguing with you people? You won't change your mind even if I showed you the proof you claim you want. This because you're literally flat-Earthers and I bet most of you are religious or under 18.

No it is not. According to NASA, based on the given diameter of the earth it should have 8 inches of curvature over a mile. Yet laser level tests done at reservoirs & canals constructed over a true level datum show no curvature. Modern photography equipment is producing video of naval vessels where we zoom in and see the ship never dropped below the horizon after getting miles out ...

But sure. Think whatever you want. Personally the only reasonable exlanation for these indisputable facts is that the earth is far larger than we are taught, or what is disclosed. This satisfies globe theory while explaining the missing curvature. But this would mean there is more land after antarctica, and that antarctica is just a ring. Can't imagine why you'd advocate for the older, weaker position of flat earth. Pol has been 'giant earth' or 'hollow earth' for years now. Why would they regress their dialectic to your position? Are you aware that the shadow of the earth cast on the moon during a lunar eclipse is round, thus proving that the earth is truly a globe? Think about your missing curvature in terms of scale, not shape.

get rekt

>oy vey the goyim know, quick chaim bring out the NASA photographs!

top kek
what is in the middle ?

This is a much, much more interesting theory.

the question of the flat earth has always been wrong, its not a question of flat or round. its a question of geocentric vs heliocentric astronomy, and the greeks supported a stationary earth a the center of the universe, so did ancient egypt, all this "sphere" stuff is basically irrelevant.

If the earth is flat, then how does Foucault's pendulum work?

Don't you think it's a bit convenient that they were able to calculate it to be exactly the same as the government says it is?

Why don't you try it yourself? See if it ACTUALLY works.

If the earth is flat why can't you see to the other side of the ocean?

how are the flatties gonna debunk this one?

so you'll use photographic evidence of the actual round earth to refute a claim that the earth is round?

baaahahahahahaahahah. Either bait or fucking retarded

Yes but an inverse pattern of geometry also satisfies that math. Guess what that geometry is? The current flat earth position. A sun just hundreds of miles away would result in the same shadows. So this test is not a true mathematical proof, for your information. Not trying to fight just pointing out your suggestion does not help

Waves

youtube.com/watch?v=WBxEqwUIsOo

How do tides work then? Is the moon flat too? What about the Sun? If both are spherical, then what makes the Earth special?

How does the Ocean remain? What about earthquakes and tectonics? How did fallout from Chernobyl reach California? Please explain without using a 1500 year old book

(OP) what happens to the pendulum during an eclipse and why?

thy won't
they are just gonna ignore it like any evidence you provide to them

How come this works if the earth is flat?

Go home, kebab.
No one buys your desert cult bullshit.

We live in a covered dome, sort of like an ant farm

You know you can actually acquire drones that take you high enough to observe the curvature of Earth.

Not an argument :)

Why would the earth be flat when every damn planet we can see in the night sky is round.

What's more, if the earth WAS flat, how could that possibly even work physically, and what's more - why would anyone cover that up? it would be fucking crazy and interesting.

The entire premise of a flat earth is insane from the ground up, how would gravity even work?

>curvature
>objects always perfectly vertical relative to the viewer instead of leaning away
Show me one picture of a large object leaning away from the observer.

how come it does not work during an eclipse?

>Waves are taller than skyscrapers, or even trees

Probably a better example: why can't you see across lake Michigan at the wider parts? Doesn't really get waves the way the oceans do

How come I can take a plane from Australia to South America flat earthers? Checkmate

Autocad globe to scale says no. You can need those conditions to perceive curvature going forward, the direction you are facing. But to perceive it laterally, across the horizon (which should be there given a sphere, omnidirectional curvature) you only need 8 feet of elevation to perceive the curvature. You can draft the geometry and the reference frame yourself, any draftsman engineer or geometry teacher can figure this out using a compass and a ruler. Technically when going across the angle does not matter either, only shen you are tracking curvature forward. So your point is a deflection.

Now if you go to the ocean and go as high as you can get a view, the ocean will never curve. Not even in an airplane, not even in the cockpit. At all elevations the horizon remains perfectly flat, which is why tens of thousands of pilots are part of the flat earth society. Dont get me wrong though, im a "giant earther" myself.

>we can see in the night sky
You mean the dots in the sky? Anything you can see in a consumer telescope is too small and blurry to determine depth.

Kill yourself

Do I even need a comment?

>being that retarded
You probably think I'm a jew too and all the other guys posting jew science just to impeach you rare perfect ultra gyga intelligent brain from breaking down our round earth psy-op and discovering jesus is the son of god and true savior of the white race.
Take your pills and stop internet lad.

You're panicking that the narative is slipping.

Nice.

KYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYSKYS

Oh is it?
How about you respond to
or
oh wait you wont

>How do tides work then?
pic related

> Is the moon flat too? What about the Sun? If both are spherical, then what makes the Earth special?

the earth isn't a planet, its the floor of the universe, and the moon and suns shape has nothing to do with the platform you're viewing it from

>What about earthquakes and tectonics?
I dunno how to explain it without using scriptures. but the earth is basically fixed upon foundations. the powers that be hit these foundations to create earthquakes. there is evidence that mountains are created instantaneously, in pakistan there was a 7.7 magnitude earthquake that created an Island instantly. there's a theory that the Himalayas were created the instant a meteor hit somewhere in the gulf of mexico

>How does the Ocean remain?
antartica is an ice barrier.

>How did fallout from Chernobyl reach California?
here's an interesting thought. while sea levels are rising in the west, they're actually dropping massively in Australia. other than that I couldn't answer this because I don't see how its relevant to all the different things you could ask.

No, from all the telescopes built on earth.

Unless you are asking me to believe an immeasurably well kept global conspiracy from ALL scientists no matter their country, beliefs or personal motives where they don't actually have scientific passions for learning about the universe but are actually all just pretending and lying.

OP

the pyramid dynamics tell the earth is round you ignorant fuck the earth is round anyone who thinks its flat is so fucking naive they fell for some CIA psyop troll to lump everyone who questions shit together
>IF YOU BELIEVE IN FLAT EARTH UNIRONICALLY KILL YOURSELF

But all sailors know it's round because the horizon is always approximately three miles away, meaning ships will always disappear around three miles out because of the fucking curvature of the earth.

>how would gravity even work?
they know fuck all about how gravity works as it is. what are you even asking.

I just told you im a giant earther, not a flat earther, and thats why the curvature is missing. You didnt even read my post, i was offerring a rebuttal without supporting the flat earth argument.

It makes far more sense to assert the earth is gargantuan, thus explaining the missing curvture as well as the missing gravity (ie dark matter). My position implies there is undisclosed land, and that the earth appears flat because its enormous size is kept secret.

retard alert

is this nigga for real?

>This much retardation

Nigga, I go down to the bay and look across 5 miles to the other shore and see boats docked. You're full of shit.

So how the fuck do moon cycles, time zones, and the tides work?

Fly around the world end up at the sane spot.
Now fuck of larp fag

>What is hydrogen molecule bonding.
Pic.related debunks flatards.

Sure, but that case doesn't satisfy the variable height of the pole star, so even if the Earth is flat longitudinally, it must be curved latitudinally. So either the Earth is a cylinder or it's a ball.

Explain to me how it works if the earth is flat.

you can fool yourself into 'disproving with evidence' with almost anything

only the desperate & bored take such enthusiastic jeering

Nice fisheye, retard.

>the earth isn't a planet, its the floor of the universe
[citation needed], no proof provided

antartica is an ice barrier.

the earth is basically fixed upon foundations

>sea levels are lowering in Australia
Categorically false, see pic related.

See me after class.

prove it, walk off the edge.

>an unique

>>What about earthquakes and tectonics?
>>>>I dunno how to explain it without using scriptures.
That's it, nobody gets to post "tips fedora" memes ever again.

For an observer on the ground with eye level at h = 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m), the horizon is at a distance of 2.9 miles (4.7 km). For an observer standing on a hill or tower 100 feet (30 m) in height, the horizon is at a distance of 12.2 miles (19.6 km)

So if you're even ten feet above sea level the horizon is much farther away.

For reference, I was a submariner, looking out of a Periscope, which is not that tall.

Your thread is trash just like you

youtube.com/watch?v=vVX-PrBRtTY

I'm 6'5" and you're full of shit. Fuck off

For the flat earth retards who likely can't figure this out, this is a pendulum clock. There are real world working models of this that tell time very accurately.

Giant Earth is an interesting theory, I've not heard of it before.

For me, when looking at Flat Earth, I've always gone with the Ice Wall with more land beyond it but a giant earth could make more sense. Thanks man, I'm gonna look into it a bit more.

the pyramids were built on a geocentric model of the universe. they thought the earth was stationary, and covered by a glass firmament. Keb layed down flat and supported life on earth, while Nut the sky goddess covered the Keb, who was the earth to protect us from the waters of heaven, now this isn't from me, and these are not my words, this is from the same source of people who built the pyramids.

>round
in the sense that it is a circular disc, yes.

you have to know something to disprove it. calling the geocentric model retarded when you've never looked into it makes every argument you can protrude fallacious.

We have an incredibly good grasp of how gravity works, down to the point we know now it isn't actually a proper basic force of nature like electromagnetism or the strong and weak nuclear forces.

Mathematically in the macro world, scientists have gravity done and dusted.

Mass curves spacetime resulting in other mass-having objects to fall into the gravity well, and mass is a product of energy. The more energy something has, either active or potential, the higher it's mass.

It's at the quantum level that is what's not fully proven yet; the DNA of the universe, the minuscule bits that make up the big provable phenomena.

>I'm 6'5"
ball earthers btfo, how will "science" ever recover?

Yes, and if you think about the missing gravity or dark matter calculations, we could even theorize how much larger the earth really is based on the proportions of real matter to dark matter. Nothing stopping us really ... the only reason their calulations are off is because their postulate data about the earths size and density is a lie. They don't know any better, it isn't their fault.

Unitil you look at outgoing ships using a telescope, and the entire ships hull comes into view even though it is miles away. These tests have been reproduced extensively. The curvature is not there, the effect we witness is a vanishing point. You can look through modern photography equipment and see what 'went under the horizon'. I even started bringing my own telescope and laser level on vacation with me. The round earth must be enormous for this lack of curvature

Lad the dark matter is related to deep space not to earth. Also the G force lets you determin quite easily the mass of the earth, is basic maths. It checks out. If the earth was gargantuan either scientists would have found out or they are in a conspiracy and wouldn't have brought up the missing mass behind gravity to begin with.
The most plausible hypothesis is black holes dissipate their mass converting it in energy and "glowing" away through gravitational waves. It would explain the so called dark matter, unify the theories and open the next chapter of space travel. We're not there yet though, the maths behind it is still missing since we wasted half a century with the cords theory bullshit while the higgs grid was the way to go. Sorry if I traduced some terms badly, not native bongspeaker.

It's clearly faked. Lake Tahoe is not that big.

so do you guys think youll fall off the edge of earth? wheres the end if it is flat.

Except you can see the curvature in that photo, making our point for us. Great job mockingbird, sing that song

Or, in re: giant Earth, the latitudinal rate of curvature and the longitudinal rate of curvature are very different, which would make the earth a really squashed sphere, in which case the latitudinal rate of curvature couldn't be constant, rather being much greater near the equator and tapering off towards the poles.

please dont skip over these

>time zones
pic related

>tides
connected to the stars. there is a star called the star of Isis, that the ancient egyptians dedicated a whole side of the pyramid to tracking. over the course of 70 days it would descend in a straight line perpendicular to the horizon below it, stay there for a while, and over the course of another 70 days it would move in a perfectly straight line again above the horizon.

>moon cycles
the moon generates its own light.

Is there even a flat earth theory "explaining" why it works?
Is the flat earth surrounded by a rotating invisible sphere?

Anyone who unironically believes in flat earth failed high school physics and probably dropped out later to suck dick for money.

haha right, the great salt lake would be the size of the great lakes. the great lakes would be bigger than the gulf.

Dont skip over this one