what is the future of education

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hx3qlQgsEYs
youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There is none

youtube.com/watch?v=hx3qlQgsEYs

Schools that teach using game theory.

Imagine going to the library, checking out a book, and then finding a secret "quest" math problem hidden in the book. You show it to your teacher, who tells you to form a group to work on it, and that if you solve it, you can choose to present it to your class to show them how it's done.

Instead of exams, you will have "bosses", which require you to draw upon all of the knowledge you have gained thusfar to "defeat". If you fail, you don't get a bad grade. You just have to try and try again until you make it.

There are already schools popping up that make learning more gamelike. Because kids today are growing up surrounded by games that are able to capture their attention and engage them in ways previous generations never thought possible. Compared to videogames scientifically designed to entertain us, it's no wonder they bore the shit out of students. Schools need to adapt to what we know about human psychology if they want to remain relevant.

Then again, there's the whole thing about the goal of schools not being to create educated, free thinking adults, but workers who are just smart enough to operate the machines but not smart enough to realize theyre being taken advantage of.

I didn't think it was possible to come up with a worse system than common core, but you've done it.

racial integration and learning to interact with people the same and different from you.

That's so hilariously impractical that I kek'd out loud reading it.

What's wrong with it?

Videogames are able to engage us like never before. Game dev studios look more like psychology labs than anything else. They have the science of what makes us have fun down stone cold. We should use that knowledge to revamp the education system.

Just shut up and read a book and do your homework you ADHD brainlet

gamification is a jewish kike meme meant to infantilize the goyim

do you want epic loot instead of A's too? Are they going to put our college item level on resumes instead of GPA?

>feminism
>gender studies
>communism and how it never really been tried
>cuckolding 101
>history of white privilege

Games aren't just for infants. Games are for everyone. Games are for adults, too.

I grew up in a world surrounded by games designed to engage and entertain me by cutting edge psychologists. Previous generations never knew what it was like to be fully engaged and challenged to the very edge of your abilities in the way videogames can. We have the technology and the knowledge to make schools and learning more engaging for students. Why not use them?.

Does it matter what the reward system looks like if it gets kids to learn the content?

>future
>education
pick one

online. entirely. people will get their entire education over the internet at the comfort of their home. you will be able to get college degrees online which are more than paper

>Games aren't just for infants. Games are for everyone. Games are for adults, too.
Exhibit A: successful infantilization

Adult games have existed for a long ass times.

The Olympics for example are a culturally accepted series of games played primarily by adults.

Nike+ is another more modern form of gaming that is aimed at adults.

online lectures + 1 on 1 help.

Sports aren't the kind of games you're talking about

shitty standardized tests inbetween drug tests and tolerance classes

Can you give an example of a way this would actually teach people something? Not trying to like put you on the spot but I can't imagine a way this would properly teach a student anything. Would this be applicable only to specific areas of study or everything?

That's not what game theory is you dumb fuck.

I'm talking about all forms of gaming. Chess is another good one. If you want more modern videogames that are aimed at adults, there are plenty of those, too.

It would teach people the same things you are expected to learn from any current school system. Math, history, science, whatever. It's no secret that kids hate school. Why, though? It's because it's not engaging them. This is a problem we can solve.

You're right. my bad.

First game theory s about economic/statistical models for derivatives.
Second, School should not became kids life, the ideal is morning school, and free time + safe streets.

With the increase of niggers in schools, there will be an increase in violence. It will eventually reach a point where the police and the faculty will care less and less. In this setting the law of the jungle shall be in full swing, where only those smart enough to pass their classes and capable enough to survive the war zone schools have become will graduate. Several possible paths I see for the future of students;
>1. For some the only way to counter violence is with violence. To prevent themselves from falling prey to Trevon and his Chimp pack, the student will have to become a being of savage might. They will have to be willing and able to fight, a creature of immense physical power. However, when the classes are over and the dust is settled he may find himself with little in the way of solving conflicts than with conflict.
>2. The Students will take a lesson from some in the wild and form a herd mentality. Alone they will be weak but together they will be strong. However, this will lead to it's own series of problems; for instance, what if someone used them to spread their ideology. After all, being a coward or having survived only through unity of the people will make them more susceptible to going along with the group, even in adulthood. Leading me to the third path.
>3. Sometimes the race isn't won by the fast but by the clever. Those with more than an ounce of understanding on what has become of their school will find a chance at profit. After all, niggers still need to pass and the "herds" could still use some extra protection. A little convincing and scouring and they shall be in quite the position of power. They are still vulnerable should they be outed, but their skills will benefit them greatly in the future.

Or the parents will complain and everybody fails/dies. That could happen as well.
Sorry for the Autism.

So the kids should play chess all day? No. You're talking about games with quests, mobsters, and phat lootz, as if world of Warcraft is the solution to the education problem.
>if you want modern video games aimed at manchildren those exist
Ftfy

>There are autist and women that actually believe such utter bullocks

Yeah school doesn't engage kids but when has it? Kids are still succeeding in school today, just not everyone. School sort of engaged me in some subjects, like world history, and other subjects were harder because I wasn't as interested, but I still learned because I had to. Not to insult your system, but should we really dumb school down to kid-level, or should we just have higher expectations/standards for students?

I don't really know. Most of the practical majors (i.e., majors that will get you a job) will be gone due to automation and almost all jobs being gone. So basically liberal arts will have the upper hand.

underage faggot and games are shit lately

I'm not suggesting changing the content that schools teach. If anything, I think kids are capable of learning much more complex stuff than they do now. But the way school is set up right now doesn't exactly facilitate students staying on the very edge of what they're capable of.

No kid left behind.

Yeah I see what you mean but treating everything like a game will just fuck the kids up even more when theyre shat out onto the workplace

World of Warcraft does a good job of keeping people engaged for a long time, and playing on the very edge of their abilities. We could learn from that and apply it to school. Obviously we don't need the outrageous fantasy setting, but the framework of the game itself is genius.

The framework of the game itself is cancer.

So are you suggesting two systems, or more? Some people are into gaming, others aren't, so are you saying that we have multiple different ways we teach students, and then there is like a test or something to find out which way would work best? Not everyone is into World of Warcraft.

This is a good point. On one hand, it would ensure students would come out of school being smarter, more effective people. On the other hand, that's kind of the opposite of what you want for an entry level job lol

Educational video games.

Re-education.

fair enough. In my imagination, it would be an opt-in sort of thing. That's one of the key things to having fun. It HAS to be voluntary. No matter how well designed a system is, if you are forced into it, you will not have fun.

>more effective people
This sound very strange to me.

Embrace the future.

>game theory is videogames
Too many niggers on Sup Forums lately

Game theory has nothing to do with treasure hunts you insufferable moron

I just mean people that are better at doing whatever they want to do. Whatever problem they want to solve, or whatever obstacle they are faced with, they would be better equipped to deal with it.

I want my trophies and elite items!

People need skill like these, but need other abilities, like enduring suffer, having persistence and diligence. And more important children are people, you should design them as there are some kind of robot, you need to give free time to them.

Education should be more hands on, IMO, Internships in High School seem to work a ton better than just making a game out of everything

NO.
>But Morals.
Teach the morals, not religion.
>But Culture.
Not until High School.
>But Hell
If you really want to teach them, do it on your own time.

Religion should stay Faaaaar Away from schools, the people that teach in religious schools are pedophile monsters

>It would teach people the same things you are expected to learn from any current school system. Math, history, science, whatever
And what happens when there is no more "game" to stimulate them into learning?

>In my imagination, it would be an opt-in sort of thing. That's one of the key things to having fun. It HAS to be voluntary
Smart kids/outliers already tend to do well despite the "oppressive" nature of school, I don't imagine this would be beneficial enough to actually merit development even if it produced a few successes. It sounds like good fodder for a CNN piece where they showcase one African kid who was inspired into sci-ens n sheit by a radical new teaching method.

Spending the whole school day beating the kids with sticks and verbally abusing them would work better than making everything into a video game because at least it wouldn't raise a generation of autistic manchildren

Gamers are very persistent and diligent. Have you ever seen a gamer try and try again on a boss or whatever until they succeed? Or a gamer shoot for a high score? Believe me, gamers do not give up easily.

That would Imply the Video Games create the autists and not the inability by the autist to balance out their hobbies

this pretty much.

They're outcasts from society because they pretty much contribute nothing to anyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U

Worth watching if you have the time! If we were born past '85 and grew up in America, it's probably relevant to you.

Education is going to move away from massive standardized testing (not completely doing without) but will focus more on mastery of subject.

You misunderstand why Gamers do that. They don't just shoot for 100% or a high score just because it's a video game. They have to be invested, first, and the game has to be fun, and in the case of school, it has to be competitive and have a tangible reward/incentive for anyone that's at the top

Gamers can don't anything without light and colorful bottoms.

But just think, what if we made the whole world flashing lights and colorful buttons? That would work, right?

Toys like that are made when the market understands how autistic there demographic is.

Yes. Make school more competitive and reward people who do well. I see no problem with this.

Depends on where you live and who you ask.

I think it is trying to catch-up technology wise that it's becoming impractical for kids to learn. You can't do your math homework on a laptop, and have fun trying to conduct a science experiment using just a computer. It will become easier for teachers to process and monitor the kids, but not easy for the kids to learn. They will still use paper and pencils, calculators, etc. but everything will move towards convenience rather than practical.

Then is a world where human are controlled by color lights, people will be nothing more than cyber cattle. I'm not saying I won't work, because I fear it will, but I'm saying it shouldn't.

That's a whole different philosophical conversation. What is our goal as a species? What is a prison if the prisoner WANTS to be there?

I don't have a goal as species but I don't want my children to be cogs in your goal, no matter what goal is it, I want they as free men and woman.

What if they volunteer to be a cog in the wheel?

Also for the record, I want smart, independent, problem solving people too.

*A cog in the machine

>I want smart, independent, problem solving people
>which is why I want to teach them to be mindless drones pressing a button to get a reward

It's not pressing a button to get a reward. It's solving a problem or overcoming an obstacle. Then you get the reward.

>kek

You truly have no idea what game theory is. Here's a hint: it's not to do with video games.

No human will ever want to be a mindless cog, unless you teach them to, I don't want they 12 hours a day in front of a machine to be a better drone, I want they to play at street, play soccer, ahve friends, go camping.

Yes, and then when you grow up, what happens? Does your boss give you a +2 Wand of Illusion because you got your report in on time? If I bag a big new client do I get epic gear or is that only for CEOs?

Everything will be youtube/video based, kind of like khan academy.

I am in my final year of an engineering degree in one of the best universities in the world. I do not remember the last time I paid attention during a lecture or didn't teach myself everything 3 weeks before the exam. All the resources you need are online, all education systems do is provide accreditation and instil a strong fear of failure. Once online courses gain recognition, universities and private schools are finished.

This sounds like dogs training.

It does sound that way.

Of course not. Another neat thing about games is that the reward is intrinsic, not extrinsic. You don't need to be given anything but a pat on the back or a thank you for doing something challenging. Gamers will do it just because the challenge is there. I think JFK put it best.

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too. .... Many years ago the great British explorer George Mallory, who was to die on Mount Everest, was asked why did he want to climb it. He said, "Because it is there."'

Weird how we managed to get to the moon despite not one single kid getting promised a flying mount in exchange for passing their social studies class.

My point is that people will overcome challenges for no real reason at all. You don't need to be given an epic mount. That's the exact point I was trying to make.

the future of education is that less people will have to be educated

education has mostly just been a god damned day care service for little shit brained retards anyway. never to amount to anything more useful than that.

Then why don't teach kid to overcome challenges the old way, sports, tests, science fairs, summer trips?

Then what was the point of all the autistic video game stuff. You could've just said "challenge the kids more."

Train the kids like dogs.

At least Christianity tries to teach objective good and bad rather than this "whatever you do is good" mentality, hands off parenting mentality.
I swear this is the single most reason we're so fucked up inside. Kids thrown into the world without help or guidance, left alone to fall prey and they said to us
"you're worth more than anyone"
"you're smart enough to make your own choices"
"i respect your opinion, do what you want"
"do whatever you want, you're not my fucking problem"
"i don't care about you"

I think you mean gamification not game theory

>he confuses game theory for gamification

Fucking underage nigger get out

Eh, I think you almost had it.

Kids being thrown into a world where hypocrites say killing is bad, helping your neighbor is good while killing their fucking neighbors is probably the problem.

>Does it matter what the reward system looks like if it gets kids to learn the content?

Yes because you're undermining the character skills required for success in the modern world. Do you think an entire generation reliant on instant gratification for learning will be successful in higher education? Absolutely not.

If you are instantly gratified because you learned something, wouldn't that make you want to learn more¿¿¿

No that would make you want more gratification.

Education is very oppressive and discriminatory in it's core and therefore the only acceptable future of education is self study.

Any other option cannot be allowed in the name of equality.

You wanted to say something like this?

Education
Don't you mean Indoctrination ?

The dog start liking the bell. The kid will start liking to study.

I should hit you with my +3 book of knowledge you shit-head.

Not when we're no longer talking about algebra but instead talking about calculus II & III.

>there goes the brainlet's motivation

How would you even program something like this for more open-ended subjects, like literature? Holy fuck kids would be so clueless when it comes to reading when their attention spans are shot by your stupid game idea.

This. Why would you tell children gratification from learning is undeserved or bad?

Because, if you this too much, or too direct you train an obedient children, like you train and obedient dog.